Chandrashila Trek Start/End point of the trek: Haridwar
Chandrashila Trek Start Time of the trek: 6:30 AM (Day 1)
End Time of the trek: 6:00 AM (Day 6)
Chandrashila Trek with Chopta Tungnath Highlights:
- The summit views including the high mountain peaks in the Himalayas with snow-caps on them are the major highlight of the trek.
- Bird watching is a favourite activity that keeps inviting nature lovers in plenty to the region.
- Peaceful lakeside picnic can be the best activity to do with your family watching the blossoms in the forest ranges around.
- Watch the valleys with small houses and experience the stay at Himalayan eco-lodges and huts.
Here is a 4 day 3 nights Chopta Chandrashila trek starting from Haridwar. With Sari as the base camp you will be easily connected to Deorital located at a height of about 2438 m. This Chandrashila Trek is one of the most loved and offers enthralling sights of mind-blowing sunset views from Chaukhamba Peak on the way. Furthermore, Chopta as a destination is reverberating because of the largely vivacious patches of pine, oaks and rhododendron that are quite alluring to watch.
About the Destination:
The holy Tungnath temple is situated at 3400 m above sea level and is the right space to experience peace of mind and even indulge in meditation to rejuvenate yourself by absorbing the pure radiance from the sun coming in between the swaying trees. Chandrashila Summit trek gives you the opportunity to view Kedar, Chaukhamba and some of the other major peaks as they come closer to you while you are on the top portion of Chandrashila. Golden-breasted eagles too are a normal sight from the summit.
This Chandrashila Trek is comparatively easy making it suitable for beginners and also for children. Normal fitness is necessary for the Chandrashila trek and those who love nature deeply would get a feast for their eyes with this one. While you take this trekking expedition, you will be walking for 6-7 hours on an average every day but it will be really soothing for your body and mind, truly.
Quick Facts About Chopta Chandrashila trek:
- Day Temperature: 8°C to 15°C
- Night Temperature: -5°C to 3°C
- Maximum Altitude: 12,083 ft
- Chopta Chandrashila Trek Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
- Railway Station: Haridwar is the nearest railway station
- Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
- Base Camp: Sari Village (6 hrs drive from Haridwar)
- ATM: Last ATM is in Ukhimath, around 13 km before Sari
- Transportation can be availed at an extra cost from Haridwar
Meals during Chandrashila Trek with Chopta Tungnath:
Breakfast, lunch and dinner (vegetarian) are included in the package
Stay during Chandrashila Trek with Chopta Tungnath:
Double or triple occupancy in guesthouse and alpine tents
How to reach?
Haridwar has a railway station which is well-connected from all metropolitian cities and nearest airport is Dehradun - Jolly Grant.