Popular Uttarakhand Packages
Uttarakhand Tour Packages
|Haridwar Rishikesh Tour Package||3 Days / 2 Nights||₹ 11500.0|
|Auli Tour Package from Delhi||5 Days / 4 Nights||₹ 18500.0|
|Jim Corbett and Nainital Tour Package from Delhi||4 Days / 3 Nights||₹ 19500.0|
|Haridwar Rishikesh Dehradun Mussoorie Tour From Delhi||5 Days / 4 Nights||₹ 18000.0|
|Romantic Getaway to Uttarakhand||6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 34500.0|
Uttarakhand Trip Packages
Introducing you with the most enticing Uttarakhand tour packages, Thrillophilia gives you a chance to immerse into the eclectic mix of cuisines, customs, and people of this city. Right from the comfort of your couch, you can browse from a wide range of tours that offer you comfortable accommodations, delicious meals, and skillful guides. Our team of experts carefully curates and organize Uttarakhand holiday packages for you to have the best of the best experiences at this hill station.
While browsing through the Uttarakhand holiday packages, you can even avail various unbeatable discounts that come up from time to time to get a sweet deal for a booking. This way, they are pretty budget-friendly too. Along with this, they can also be customized according to your individual preferences. There are ample choices of things to do during your Uttarakhand vacation packages that you can add in your itineraries that range from trekking to camping and rock climbing to sky diving. Be it a short relaxing trip, a long break, or an exciting adventure-filled holiday, we have the right Uttarakhand tour packages for you to choose from.
With lots of splendid places to visit in Uttarakhand in your Uttarakhand trip packages, Thrillophilia aims to give you an unforgettable experience with a touch of magic and love. So book the Uttarakhand trip packages now to reveal the greatest gems of this untouched paradise of nature that welcomes you with open arms to be lost in its untouched splendors and scenic vistas.
Places to Visit on Uttarakhand Tour:1. Rishikesh: One of the best ways to explore the rich and diverse history of India is by visiting the holy city of Rishikesh as part of your Uttarakhand tour packages. It is one of the most important cities for pilgrimage for Hindus. Rishikesh is not only famous for its many temples and holy centers, but also for its ashrams and wellness camps that teach guests the purest forms of yoga, Ayurveda and other means of holistic living.
Apart from this uplifting lifestyle, you can also experience the immense natural beauty of Rishikesh, with its gushing rivers, tall mountains, and beautiful stretches of green jungles. River rafting and bungee jumping are the two experiences you must try here.
Best Time: February – mid-May.
2. Auli: Auli is a picturesque hill station situated in the Chamoli District of Garhwal Himalayas in Uttarakhand. It is one of the most beautiful spots in your Uttarakhand trip packages, where you can enjoy a number of very exciting activities and take in the panoramic natural view.
Considered one of the most visited tourist destinations in India, Auli is famous for its enchanting Ski resorts, Ski Events and Ski slopes set amidst the snow-capped mountains of the Himalayas and the coniferous forests consisting of pine and oak trees. Auli is also ideal for trekkers and hikers, due to the presence of several stunning nature trails that are worth exploring.
Best Time: December – February.
3. Nainital: The breathtaking hill station of Nainital is situated in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand. Located at an elevation of 2,084 meters, Nainital is a dream destination that is part of your Uttarakhand holiday packages.
This marvellous resort town is home to several beautiful natural attractions such as the famous Naini Lake where you can enjoy activities like boating and picnics on the banks. Other famous attractions are the Naina Devi Temple, the Mall at the Govind Ballabh Pant Marg and numerous chic hotels and restaurants. You can also indulge in various recreational activities like rappelling, Burma Bridge, Tarzan Swing and trekking.
Best Time: March - June
4. Mussoorie: Mussoorie is an enchanting hill station situated at the foothills of the Garhwal Himalayan range at Dehradun District and an essential stop on your Uttarakhand trip packages. Situated at an elevation of 2,005 metres, this town is popularly known as “The Queen of the Hills' ' as it is surrounded by the snowy Himalayan ranges, the famous Doon Valley and the majestic Shiwalik Ranges.
Lal Tibba is the highest point in Mussoorie, from where you can catch a stunning 360-view of the surrounding natural landscape. You can also view the towns of Kedarnath, Badrinath and Bandarpunch through the famous Japanese telescope which was installed here in 1967.
Best Time: March - June
5. Jim Corbett: The legendary Jim Corbett National Park is situated at the Dhikala zone at the Ramganga Reservoir in Uttarakhand. This is one of the most exciting inclusions in your Uttarakhand tour packages when you are travelling through the state.
Spread over a huge area of 520.8 square km and consisting of large lakes, grasslands and marshy depressions, this national park is home to several beautiful animals including the majestic Bengal Tiger. The other animals protected at this park are the sambar deer, chital, barking deer, hog deer, Indian Grey Mongoose, otters, Himalayan Goral, Indian pangolins and other such rare fauna and flora.
Best Time: December - March
6. Kedarnath: When you are planning your Uttarakhand vacation packages, visiting the holy city of Kedarnath is an absolute must. Situated at the Rudraprayag District, Kedarnath is one of the most sacred pilgrimage destinations for the Hindus. Thousands of devotees, sages and tourists visit the famous shrine of Lord Shiva at the Garhwal Himalayan Range near River Mandakini.
The rugged beauty of the snow-capped mountain ranges adds to the divine charm of this place. Apart from the spiritual and religious significance of this place, Kedarnath is also famous for its incredible natural beauty, found in its lush green alpines and bright, colourful rhododendrons. The Kedarnath of Uttarakhand is an essential part of Uttarakhand sightseeing in a Uttarakhand tour packages.
Best Time: April - November
7. Dehradun: Visiting the enchanting capital city of Dehradun is an essential part of your Uttarakhand tour packages. Dehradun is situated at the quaint and picturesque Doon Valley at the foothills of the Himalayas, nestled between River Song in the east and River Yamuna on the west.
This city is primarily famous for the Indian Military Academy and the prestigious Doon School which has created its own benchmark in the field of education. Due to its cool and pleasant weather condition and natural splendour, Dehradun is always a great destination to take a short break from the monotony of daily life. It is also a popular romantic destination for honeymooning couples.
Best Time: March - June
8. Haridwar: Haridwar is the epicentre of ancient Indian culture and Hinduism. All comprehensive Uttarakhand trip packages include a stop at Haridwar. Located in the Haridwar District in Uttarakhand, this town is one of the most popular pilgrimage sites, visited by thousands of devotees from all over the world.
This town is famous for Har Ki Pauri and their elaborate Ganga Aarti. The ‘aarti’ session in the evening where the priests worship the holy River Ganga with great fanfare is also a spectacle that is worth witnessing. This, together with the gushing rivers, temples, bridges and surrounding snow-capped mountains creates a magical environment.
Best Time: November - March
9. Lansdowne: Lansdowne is a picturesque hill station founded by the Garhwal Rifles Regiment during the colonial rule of the British over India. Nestled amidst thick coniferous forests and layers of misty mountain ranges, Lansdowne is a must-visit destination during your Uttarakhand holiday packages.
This tranquil town makes for a great retreat with your family and friends. Here, you can explore the rich, heritage bungalows and the churches leftover from the British Raj. You can also witness some of the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets from different viewpoints, go on a nature walk, explore hidden hiking trails, go bird-watching and spend your Uttarakhand vacation in absolute tranquillity.
Best Time: December - February
Things to Do on Uttarakhand Trip:1. Rafting in Rishikesh: The River Ganga in Rishikesh is perfect for a thrilling rafting experience while you are enjoying a vacation in this holy city. You can experience one of the best rafting sessions at Shivpuri near Ram Jhula. It takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete the entire route.
You can have an out-of-the-world experience while you cross 4 rapid levels through the surrounding mountain ranges. All safety measures are ensured and you also have the option of being accompanied by a trained professional during your activity.
Location: Shivpuri, Rishikesh.
2. Camping in Lansdowne: Uttarakhand is one of the best places in India for overnight camping trips. You can enjoy a two day- one night camping trip in a tent under a sky full of stars, while your Uttarakhand vacation packages.
The Jungle Camping with Adventure Activities Uttarakhand tour packages allows you to enjoy fun-filled activities like bonfires, waterfall trekking, flying fox, rock climbing, rappelling, bamboo bridge trips and many more.
Price: INR 2,040
3. Boating in Naini Lake: Boating on the surface of the picturesque Naini Lake can be a very memorable experience. Surrounded by misty mountain ranges and cradled amidst lush green conifers, Naini Lake boating excursions can offer one of the most romantic experiences ever.
Enjoy a relaxing trip in the bright, colorful Shikara as you steer around the pristine lake, with your loved ones. The entire trip lasts approximately 30 minutes, while you admire and appreciate nature's splendour and tranquillity all around you. As a result, we propose including the Naini Lake Boating experience in the Uttarakhand holiday packages.
Location: Naini Lake
Timing: 6:00am – 6:00pm
Price: INR 105 per person
4. Wildlife Safari at Jim Corbett: Enjoy an enriching trip around the legendary Jim Corbett National Park with your family and loved ones. You can opt for a Jeep Safari with a maximum accommodation of 6 passengers and 2 children, or you can choose to travel in Canter Safari with 16 passenger seats.
You will be traveling through six main zones, namely Birjani, Garjya, Jhirna, Dhela, Durgadevi and Sitabani. During the safari, you can witness the majestic Bengal Tigers and many other magnificent animals closely, in their natural habitats.
Location: Nainital District, Ramnagar, Uttarakhand 244715
Timing: 6:00am- 9:30am, 3:00pm – 6:00pm
Price: INR 3,800 for Jeep Safari & INR 1,500 per person for Canter Safari.
5. Pray at Badrinath Temple: The Badrinath Temple is considered one of the holiest of all pilgrim sites in India. All around the year thousands of devotees visit the sacred shrine of Lord Vishnu which was built in the 7th Century C.E.
It is a rare opportunity to see the tall, spectacular sculpture of Lord Vishnu carved in black granite inside the temple. All the devotees are allowed 10-15 minutes to offer their prayers. Devotees can join in the morning prayers or the “abhishekam” or offer their prayers during evening ‘aarti.
Location: Mata Murti road, Badrinath, Uttarakhand 246422
Timing: 6:00am – 5:00pm
6. Witness Ganga Aarti in Haridwar: Visiting the sacred Ganges and watching the Brahmins perform “aarti” and offer their prayers to River Ganga is a wonderful experience. The city of Haridwar is the abode of ancient Indian culture and Hinduism.
As River Ganga is considered the holiest of all rivers by the Hindus, the worship is performed with great fervour, divinity and enthusiasm in Haridwar. Twice a day, huge lamps are lit and several Brahmins persist gather by the river bank and grand worship is performed along with Vedic chants and hymns. This is an excellent experience for families to include in their Uttarakhand tour packages to make their trip even more memorable.
Location: Har Ki Pauri, Haridwar, Uttarakhand 249401
Timing: 5:00am – 6:60am, 6:00pm – 7:00pm
7. Skiing in Auli: If you are an adventure freak, then Auli is the ultimate paradise for you. This town is the perfect holiday destination for anyone in love with adventures and snow. Enjoy an out of the world experience as you ski through the pristine snowy slopes, cradled amidst thick forests of pine and oak.
Your 3-day adventure starts from your arrival at the picturesque hill station. You will receive basic training from a trained professional regarding the activity and how to handle the equipment before you are allowed to use them to ensure your safety. Don’t forget to dig into this amazing experience on your Uttarakhand trip packages.
Location: Auli Road, Auli Laga Salude, Uttarakhand 246443
Timing: 3 days 2 nights
Price: INR 4,499 per person
8. Trek to Valley of Flowers: The famous Valley of Flower National Park is situated at the North Chamoli district of Haridwar in Uttarakhand. This region is a small piece of heaven with vast stretches of the undulating landscape covered with the glorious endemic alpine flowers.
The snow-capped misty blue mountain ranges, the thick conifers and the plethora of bright, colourful flowers create a bewitching sight. It is one of the most romantic and photogenic places in all of India – ideal for couples and photography enthusiasts. If you plan Uttarakhand vacation packages for June to August, you can include a day trip to this valley of flowers.
Location: North Chamoli, Pithoragarh, Haridwar, Uttarakhand
Timing: 6 days 5 nights
Price: INR 6,500 per person
9. Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh: Experience a daring free-fall within the thick coniferous slopes of the Shiwaliks at the famous Mohan Chatti at Rishikesh. Bungee Jumping is an adventure and a one-of-a-kind of experience for adventure freaks and adrenaline seekers.
The 83-meter drop during the activity will give you a massive rush, as you free-fall through the air towards the ground, tethered to a strong rope by your feet. So, you have another exciting activity to look forward to on your Uttarakhand tour packages.
Location: Mohan Chatti, Rishikesh,
Timing: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Price: INR 3,250 per person
How to Reach Uttarakhand?Reaching Uttarakhand is not very complicated. The state is well connected with the National Capital and can be reached tirelessly by road. Being a hill station, the weather conditions are not always up to the mark, so many scheduled flights can get delayed and canceled.
By Air: The closest airport to the city center of Dehradun is Jolly Grant Airport. It is situated approximately 5 km away. Taxis are operated from outside the airport to reach the main city. Despite being a small airport, major domestic airlines like Indigo, SpiceJet, Air India, and Jet Airways operate from here.
By Train: The city can be accessed by train through the Dehradun railway station. Local trains commute daily on this station, while luxury trains like Mussoorie Express and Shatabdi Express connect the metropolitan cities of India to the city of Dehradun. Situated at a distance of hardly 1 km from Clock Tower, a number of local buses, autos, and taxis operate outside the station to help you reach your destination.
By Road: From non-AC buses to luxury Volvos, from local Uttarakhand buses to interstate buses, the Inter-State Bus Terminal (ISBT) of Dehradun is well connected to all the major cities. If you are traveling in your vehicle, you can reach Dehradun by taking NH-72.
Best Time for Uttarakhand Tour:Each season presents a new color in this hilly region. So, the best time to visit Uttarakhand is subject to what you are seeking from your Uttarakhand tour packages. However, the months from February to April are observed as the peak season.
During Summers: The months from March to June experience a warm sun shining brightly in the sky, making summers ideal to try adventure sports or go on pilgrimages to enchanting temples.
During Monsoon: From July to October, Uttarakhand experiences unpredictable showers discouraging traveling during this season. However, it is ideal if you want to trek to the Valley of Flowers.
During Winters: If making snow angels gives you butterflies in the stomach, then the chilly winters from November to February are your best shot.
Browse through a wide range of Uttarakhand vacation packages from different cities: Uttarakhand Tour Package From Bangalore, Uttarakhand Tour Package From Delhi, Uttarakhand Tour Package From Mumbai, Uttarakhand Tour Package From Kolkata, Uttarakhand Tour Package From Hyderabad, Uttarakhand Tour Package From Pune, Uttarakhand Tour Package From Ahmedabad, Uttarakhand Tour Package From Chandigarh.
People Also Ask About Uttarakhand Tours
Which are the best Uttarakhand tour packages?Here we have listed a few of the best Uttarakhand Packages for you. Check them out:
1. Haridwar To Nainital Tour Package
2. 4 Days 3 Night Mussoorie Tour Package
3. Mussoorie Tour Package from Delhi
4. Haridwar To Mussoorie Tour Package
5. Jim Corbett Tour Package from Nainital
What are the best places to visit on a Uttarakhand tour with family?1. Dehradun: Providing scenic vistas and stunning landscapes, Dehradun is a perfect city for a family vacation during Uttarakhand tour packages. With beautiful weather all through the year, it makes for a perfect rejuvenating place away from city life. Explore this small city which is also one of the important education hubs in the country and make your holiday worth remembering. Dehradun is without a doubt one of the most important Uttarakhand tourist destinations for all types of visitors, and it is an integral element of Uttarakhand holiday packages.
2. Haridwar: The religious chanting and prayers on the lips of the tourists is what welcomes you in Haridwar, one of the most famous pilgrimage sites in India. With numerous sights and temples worth seeing in Haridwar, it makes for an ideal place in Uttarakhand trip packages to visit with family. It is also home to some of the famous spiritual and yoga centres of learning.
3. Rishikesh: Encapsulated by the lush green surroundings, riveting scenic beauty and architectural wonders, Rishikesh makes for one of the most amazing places to visit with family in Uttarakhand holiday packages. Also known for its adventurous water sports like kayaking, river rafting, canoeing and more, it will offer you the best time where you will create moments worth cherishing.
4. Nainital: Known as the city of lakes, Nainital is one of the best places to visit with family in Uttarakhand packages. This city makes for a perfect getaway as it is surrounded by the most stunning vistas along with peace and tranquility. With pleasant weather and numerous attractions worth witnessing, it makes for an amazing holiday destination.
5. Jim Corbett National Park: A remarkable place to witness wildlife and nature up close, Jim Corbett National Park is the place to go. Perfect for a family vacation during Uttarakhand tour packages, this is one of the oldest national parks rich in flora and fauna. You can witness Royal Bengal Tiger and innumerable species of birds here, a terrific experience.
Which are the famous hill stations in Uttarakhand?Snow-laden mountains, scenic waterfalls, and emerald jungles mark the beauty of Uttarakhand. Be it Mussoorie, Nainital, Almora, Badrinath, Ranikhet, or Kausani; each hill station is unparalleled in terms of angelic beauty and amusing destinations. So, if you opt for an Uttarakhand tour packages, make sure you hit these hill stations and discover all the scenic locations.
1. Nainital: Mesmerizingly picturesque, this hill station of Uttarakhand has plenty of gorgeous resorts to stay in and offers postcard views all around. A sparkling lake lies in the middle of the city, called Naini Lake, which is an excellent site to go boating. A paradise for nature lovers, tourists to Nainital, love trekking over Naini peak to watch the sublime sunrises and sunsets from the highest point of the city.
2. Kedarnath: To the followers of Hinduism, a trek to Kedarnath is the most sacred pilgrimage as it is the abode of Lord Shiva. A part of the Chota Char Dham, or smaller four holy abodes, it is frequented by millions of pilgrims every year. With majestic mountains overlooking it and River Mandakini flowing by its side, the ancient temple of Kedarnath is surrounded by verdant greenery and houses intricately carved idols and lingams of Lord Shiva.
3. Mussoorie: Referred to as the 'Queen of the Hills,' Mussoorie attracts a lot of youngsters due to the happening attractions spread across the entire city. From bathing in the Kempty Falls and driving smoothly along Camel's Back Road, to climbing the peak of George Everest and shopping in the Mall Road, the city is a perfect blend of a hill station's serenity and a city's bustling charm and one must include this beautiful city in their Uttarakhand tour packages.
What is famous in Uttarakhand?Nothing less than a glimmer of paradise, Uttarakhand trip packages is famous for its scenic beauty of the Himalayas and the Terai grasslands along with savannas and the Bhabar. It is also known for numerous divine pilgrimage centers and temples.
What are the best adventure activities to enjoy on your vacation to Uttarakhand?When deciding on your tour with the Uttarakhand trip package, you have a multitude of captivating options to consider. Whether you are drawn to the popular Uttarakhand attractions or yearn to explore the offbeat spots hidden within the region, there are plenty of exciting inclusions available to make your Uttarakhand experience truly memorable.1. Trekking: Uttarakhand holiday packages offer the most amazing trekking experience with mesmerizing views of the Himalayas. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, Uttarakhand has treks to suit everyone’s needs. You can enjoy the Valley of Flowers Trek, Deoriatal, Tungnath, and Chandrashila treks in Uttarakhand. There are also courses offered where you can learn trekking before going on one.
2. Paragliding: The bewitching views, bird’s eye view of the surroundings takes you by surprise while you paraglide in Uttarakhand. This experience will make your heart skip a beat as you soar high, almost feeling like touching the sky. Offering this adrenaline rush, Uttarakhand has numerous paragliding spots where you can take this beautiful experience. This is an excellent experience for adventure seekers to add to their Uttarakhand trip packages to make their vacation even more memorable.
3. Canoeing & Kayaking: Paddle through in the Kayak against the water flows in Uttarakhand, an experience of a lifetime. With numerous places offering this adventure sport, you can also learn the basics by the professionals available to teach you at a nominal cost.
4. Ziplining: One of the most exciting and thrilling activities offered in Uttarakhand tour packages is ziplining. Perfect for people who love adventure and adrenaline rush, ziplining will provide you with an experience that will leave an indelible imprint on your heart. The sight of the gushing water and scenic surroundings while you slope will enhance your experience.
5. Skiing: One of the most exhilarating adventure activities, Skiing in Uttarakhand packages offers an experience that will dwell in your heart. Slide on the snow at Auli draped in beautiful white and indulge in this enchanting experience. If you don’t know how to ski, experts are present to teach you and you can take classes before enjoying this mesmerizing experience. We therefore recommend adding the Auli Skiing experience to the Uttarakhand vacation packages.
Which are some famous treks I can do on the Uttarakhand tour?Lying in the geographical center of Himalayas, Uttarakhand offers more treks than imaginable. Many of these treks are still being discovered, but if you’re more of a casual trekker, we will guide you through some of the most famous treks available in Uttarakhand tour packages.
1. Brahmatal Trek: You are low on time and want to experience the most; then, you shouldn’t look further than Brahmatal trek. It is Jam-packed with luscious green forests, views of some the most exemplary peaks in Uttarakhand trip packages, and rare wildlife.
It is also one of the least crowded treks you will find in the current times. To top it all off, it has arguably the 2 most beautiful lakes in the entire country, which give out a very beautiful vibe when frozen.
2. Flower Valley Trek: It is said that this is the most fresh trek in the entire world, and people cannot argue with that. One could really fall for the serenity this trek provides. With beautiful glimpses of the great Himalayas and flora that can’t be found anywhere else, it’s worth it to have it on your trek list.
To reach this valley you need to trek from Govind Ghat to Hemkund Sahib that leads up to Ghangaria.The valley is just 5 kilometers from Ghangaria and you can also find a serene lake called Hemkund over here.
3. Har Ki Dun Trek: A trek that shouldn’t be missed if you have a good amount of time in your hands. Many trekkers revere this trek for its rich culture. You can experience the ancient Himalayas in their best form as you make it through the various ridges, meadows, basins, forests, and villages. Homing the most renowned campsites in India, it’s a trek that any veteran would recommend.
4. Dayara Bugyal Trek: A trek perfect for beginners, Dayara Bugyal, has some of the best meadows on the planet. This trek offers you everything a high altitude trek offers and yet is a very relaxing and laid back trek.
Spectacular mountain views and ancient villages would make you want to stay there forever. This trek does wonder in bringing out the nature lover in you as you will find meadows like no others as you go through the fantastic forests.
5. Deoriatal Chandrashila Trek: A trek that feels like it was made for the breathtaking summit views it offers. The most popular Uttarakhand trek offers you not only the views of a few Himalayan peaks but lets you see all of the peaks and summits of the eastern and western Uttarakhand.
It also provides you with some of the best forest trails in India and is a heaven for birdwatchers. You can detect diverse species of birds over here such as griffins, snow partridges, and Himalayan woodpeckers. This is an excellent activity to include in your Uttarakhand tour packages for adventure seekers.
Which are the main pilgrimage sites in Uttarakhand?The Chota Char Dham, comprising the sacred temples of Kedarnath, Badrinath, Yamunotri, and Gangotri, holds immense significance for Hindu devotees worldwide. These four holy abodes are nestled high in the Himalayas, making them a must-visit in Uttarakhand trip packages. Along with popular destinations like Haridwar and Rishikesh, Uttarakhand packages often include these divine centers, offering a truly spiritual experience.
1. Kedarnath: Far above in the snow-capped mountains of Himalayas, perched peacefully in a lush green valley, lies the holy shrine of Kedarnath. Witnessing devotees from all over the world, the ancient temple of Kedarnath is amongst the most prominent shrines of Lord Shiva and is part of the Chota Char Dham.
The breathtaking beauty of its landscape bewitches anyone who visits it. Starting at the sacred lake of Gauri Kund, to reach the temple, one needs to cover a trek of 22 km. Journeying on foot to the shrine and worshipping with full devotion to Lord Shiva is said to relieve one from his problems and grant the blessing of the god.
2. Badrinath: Known as the birthplace of River Alaknanda, Badrinath is an eminent Hindu pilgrimage site that consecrates the preserver, Lord Vishnu. Surrounded by majestic mountains from all corners, this temple finds its name in many Hindu Puranas and Vedas.
Every year, from April to November, the shrine is thronged by millions of Vishnu devotees traveling on foot to seek the blessings of their Lord. The ancient architecture of this temple is pleasing to the eyes and refreshes the soul of anyone who prays in it. Fragranced flowers are showered upon the black stoned effigy of Lord Vishnu enshrined over here.
3. Yamunotri: High above in the Garhwal region of the Himalayas lies the Champasar glacier from which River Yamuna originates. Said to be the resting place of Goddess Yamuna, this pilgrim site even has a magnificent temple dedicated to the goddess and has her effigy carved out of black marble.
Worshipped for being the giver of life for Indian civilizations for centuries, Yamunotri is the third temple among Chota Char Dham. Since Hindu epics mention Lord Yama, the god of death, as the brother of Goddess Yamunotri, devotees believe that traveling to this place grants a peaceful death.
4. Gangotri: Lastly, the birthplace of the holy river the Ganges is the sacred pilgrimage center of Gangotri. The Hindu deity behind the great force of this river is believed to be Goddess Ganga. Emerging as Bhagirathi from the gigantic glacier, River Ganga is visited by pilgrims seeking repentance of their sins and blessings for a new start. The fourth shrine in the group of Chota Char Dham, pilgrims, visit Gangotri after going first to Yamunotri.
In the local language, Lal Tibba means the Red Hill. This is said to be the oldest and the most populated place in Mussoorie. The place is known for its scenic beauty courtesy the pleasant sunrise and sunset that leave the visitors spell bound. Do carry woolens irrespective of the month of the visit. Location: It is situated in the Landour area and lies at an altitude of 8000 metre above the sea level. Highlights: Lal Tibba is even famous as the Depot Hill because of the presence of a depot here. Besides this there is camp of the Indian Military services, All India Radio and Doordarshan. Hills of the Lal Tibba are also popular amongst the shoppers as there are a number of markets in the nearby areas. Best Time: The best and the most ideal time to visit Lal Tibba is the summer months of March and June. Avoid travel during the monsoon months as there maybe leeches here.
Chopta Tungnath trek is a relatively unexplored trekking destination, which is known for its mesmerizing scenic beauty. The trek towards Tungnath, the 3 from Tungnath takes you to Chandrashila, which is situated at an altitude of 4,000 meters above sea level.Chopta is blessed with rich flora and fauna as it is located in the midst of dense forests, with a beautiful floor of rhododendrons, interspersed by deodar and pine trees. During the first one and half kilometers, you will pass through a sea of brightly coloured rhododendrons and silver oak forests. Following this the vista opens to green alpine meadows which take you to the Tungnath temple.According to folklore, the arms of Lord Shiva are believed to have emerged here. On trekking a kilometer further ahead, you will reach the Chandrashila peak from where you get spectacular views of the snow capped peaks of the Himalayas glistening in the sun rays. The grassy meadows of the region make it an ideal spot for camping too.Chopta is well-connected by roadways connecting Guptakashi and Gopeshwar. The weather is lovely and the views are simply breathtaking.Best season: May to June and August to SeptemberDuration: 3 DaysAltitude: 3680 m
One of the most well-known treks near Delhi, the Nag Tibba peak stands in the Tehri Garhwal region of Uttarakhand. This trek over the weekend is witnessing growing footfalls, and offers splendid views of the Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Gangotri and Kedarnath mountain peaks en route. What makes this an ideal first trek are the relatively easy routes etched along the mountain. Thick Deodar forests blanket the hill, and the best seasons to visit are between February and June, and September to December. The Nag Tibba trek route is circular in nature, and the differing starting and ending points ensure that there is no overlap at any point. The lush meadows hide patches behind them that act as serene camping sites. Distance from Delhi: 347.4 Kilometers approximatelyNearest Railhead:Dehradun Railway Station