Uttarakhand PackagesUttarakhand tour packages - Browse through a wide range of Uttarakhand holiday packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Uttarakhand vacation packages with exciting deals & offers.
Introducing you with the most enticing Uttrakhand vacation packages, Thrillophilia gives you a chance to immerse into the eclectic mix of cuisines, customs, and people of this city. Right from the comfort of your couch, you can browse from a wide range of tours that offer you comfortable accommodations, delicious meals and skilful guides. Our team of experts carefully curate and organise Uttarakhand packages for you to have the best of the best experiences at this hill station.
While browsing through the packages, you can even avail various unbeatable discounts that come up from time to time to get a sweet deal for a booking. This way, they are pretty budget-friendly too. Along with this, they can also be customized according to your individual preferences. There are ample choices of things to do in Uttarakhand that you can add in your itineraries that range from trekking to camping and rock climbing to sky diving. Be it a short relaxing trip, a long break, or an exciting adventure-filled holiday, we have the right Uttarakhand tour packages for you to choose from.
With lots of splendid places to visit in Uttarakhand in your inclusions, Thrillophilia aims to give you an unforgettable experience with a touch of magic and love. So book the package now to reveal the greatest gems of this untouched paradise of nature that welcomes you with open arms to be lost in its untouched splendours and scenic vistas.
Popular Uttarakhand Tour Packages
|Delhi to Auli Package | Get Flat 15% off & Cashback 1200||5D/4N||₹ 6700||5.0 star|
|Nag Tibba Trek with Camping, Uttarakhand | Book @ 20% off||2D/1N||₹ 1399||5.0 star|
|Chopta Chandrashila Trek from Delhi | Book @ Flat 46% off||3D/2N||₹ 3999||5.0 star|
|Brahmatal Trek 2021, Uttarakhand | Flat 24% off||6D/5N||₹ 7550||5.0 star|
|Kuari Pass Trek 2021, Uttarakhand | Book Now @ Flat 28% off||6D/5N||₹ 8750||5.0 star|
People Also Ask About Uttarakhand Tours
Which are the famous places to visit in Uttarakhand?With a plethora of charming hill stations and enticing holiday destinations, finalizing the perfect pick amongst the various Uttarakhand tour packages can seem tough. To make this task simpler, you can go through our picks of five famous places in the state and then narrow down your favorite out of the Uttarakhand travel packages.
Auli: Blanketed with pearly white snow most of the year, Auli is the snow village of Uttarakhand. It has recently started gaining popularity because of its tranquil environment and endless panorama of nature. With local restaurants serving authentic Garhwali food, this snow-clad hill station will steal your heart with its towering ranges and pine vegetation.
You can camp under the starlit sky or trek along Chenab Lake; the options are plenty. Auli has the highest man-made lake in the world. The government of Uttarakhand had developed the lake to create artificial snow on the new ski slopes in the event of low snowfalls. So whatever season you’re in here, you’re bound to enjoy an adrenaline-rushing adventure sports activity.
1. Haridwar: The religious hub of Uttarakhand, Haridwar is the holy abode of Hindu temples and ashrams. But the major reason why pilgrims travel to this city is to take a dip in the sacred water of River Ganga. Worshipped as a god in the Hindu religion, River Ganga is said to have been blessed with magical powers. Bathing in its water is said to wash away all your sins. It is also one of the four auspicious cities which can host the great Kumbh Mela.
2. Rishikesh: Just a few kilometers from Haridwar is another pilgrim town of Uttarakhand, known as Rishikesh. This serene town blends spiritual locations with hip cafes and adventurous sports to cater to the needs of people belonging to all age groups.
Adventure lovers can indulge in river rafting in strong currents, cliff jumping, rock climbing, rappelling, bungee jumping, and many such daring sports. The landmark places of this hill station include Lakshman Jhula, Ram Jhula, and Beatles Ashram.
3. Almora: Spread across a ridge on the hilltop of Kumaon lies its cultural heart, the district of Almora. It is situated at an elevation of 1638 meters, and this hill station gives the resemblance of a horseshoe.
Once the dominion of the Chand Kings, this city now hosts countless tourists and is popular due to its vibrant culture, dazzling wildlife, tempting cuisine and panoramic views of snow-clad Himalayas. The famous temples of this hamlet are Kasar Devi Temple, Nanda Devi Temple, and Katarmal Sun Temple.
4. Dehradun: Abundant in themed cafes, waterfalls, and exquisite temples, Dehradun is the capital of Uttarakhand. Well maintained roads run parallel to almost all its tourist attractions. With breezy weather throughout the year, this place will make you want to remain outdoors.
From the elegant architecture of Forest Research Institute to the picturesque waterfall of Sahastradhara there are plenty of incredible spots here. You can also soothe your senses in the tranquil ambiance of Mindrolling Monastery or have a great time with the bustling crowd of Robbers Cave if you book the Uttarakhand package.
5. Nainital: Located by the Naini Lake, Nainital is considered to be a haven for couples as well as the families. It is surrounded by beautiful mountains from all sides and offers enthralling views of the Himalayan ranges and the lush green valleys.
You can try yachting or boating in Naini Lake, or you can immerse into the allure of nature by visiting the famous scenic points in Nainital. You can even spot the rare species of animals and birds at Nainital Zoo that is home to a vast range of flora and fauna.
6. Kedarnath: Kedarnath is a famous pilgrimage center for the Hindus, and it is considered to be an integral part of char Dham Yatra. It houses a sacred Hindu temple known as the Kedarnath temple, where a huge number of devotees throng in every year to attain spiritual bliss. This temple is advertised to be thousands of years old, and it is built of beautiful stone slabs over a massive rectangular platform.
Kedarnath is located in the lap of the Himalayas and is considered to be an ideal spot for trekking. It also has a tiny hamlet known as Sonprayag, which is located on the banks of river Basuki and Mandakini. Devotees come to this place to take a dip in the holy water with the immense faith to attain nirvana.
7. Jim Corbett National Park: This is one of the oldest national parks in India that is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna. It was established to protect the endangered species of Bengal Tiger. You can also witness here animals like sloth bear, Deer, Sambar Deer, Indian Hog Deer, Asiatic Black Bear, etc.
The park is interspersed with sal trees and around six hundred species of other distinct plants. You can also find here a wide variety of birds, including the rarest species like White-backed Vulture and Hornbill. You can also try some of the most adrenaline rushing activities here like rock climbing, river rafting, fishing, rappelling, etc.
8. Mukteshwar: This is a quaint hill station that is dotted with meandering valleys, coniferous forests, and cascading waterfalls. It offers a breathtaking view of the Himalayas and is considered to be an absolute paradise for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.
There are a number of rocky outcrops and cliffs in Mukteshwar where you can try rappelling and rock climbing. It also houses some of the oldest temples, such as Rajrani Temple and Shiva temple, that are a sanctum of belief and divinity.
Which are the best places to visit at night on a Uttarakhand tour?
1. Kuari Pass: Offering the magnificent views of the Himalayas, Kuari Pass is sure to spellbound you with its scenic beauty. It is one of the best places to be visited at night on your Uttarakhand tours as it is renowned for its view of the Milky Way Galaxy. Kuari Pass provides an experience that will stay with you for years to come.
Location: Chamoli Garhwal.
2. Majkhali, Ranikhet: One of the favourites among the astrophotographers, Majkhali will steal your heart with its full arc view of the Milky Way. Another view worth witnessing is the golf course that looks stunning in the mesmerising dark sky. It is an unsurpassable experience offered on the Uttarakhand tour packages.
Location: Almora, Kumaon.
3. Mukteshwar: Mukteshwar offers spectacular views of the starlit sky on Uttarakhand tour packages. You will also witness the shooting comets at night at Mukteshwar, a once in a lifetime experience. It makes for a perfect romantic place for a getaway with your partner where you can stargaze and enjoy the experience.
Location: Nainital, Kumaon.
4. Deoria Tal, Ukhimath: Deoria Tal offers reflections of the magnificent mountain peaks in the pure, crystal water, an absolute sight to behold. One of the most scenic sights on the Uttarakhand tour packages is the sky filled with stars twinkling in all their glory.
Location: Rudraprayag, Garhwal.
5. Chaukori, Berinag: Chaukori is one of the best places to visit at night on Uttarakhand tours as it offers the most stunning views of the sunrise and sunset. The nights offer unparalleled views of the galaxy, a sight you cannot afford to miss. This experience at Chaukori will steal your heart.
Location: Pithoragarh, Kumaon.
Which are the best activities I can do in Uttarakhand?In a limited time, every city of Uttarakhand tries offering unlimited memories. Whether you are on a trip with your friends, or just enjoying your summer vacation with your family, the things to do in Uttarakhand are endless. So keep reading and decide what your heart craves to include in your Uttrakhand vacation package.
1. Skiing in Auli: Locals describe it as the winter wonderland as the Snow fall drapes it like a blanket during the winter. Such is the enticing landscape of Auli; a gorgeous little hill station tucked away in the ranges of Uttarakhand. When the temperatures dip below 0 degrees, Auli receives plenty of fresh snow.
This is why it has emerged as a beloved skiing destination. The sloped terrain lined with oak, pine and deodar trees, forms an ideal setting for skiing. Its glittering landscape makes it a perfect romantic getaway in the Uttarakhand honeymoon package.
2. Rafting in Rishikesh: With the mighty River Ganga flowing through its region, Rishikesh is, without a doubt, the most sought after destination for adventure lovers. Every year, from first-timers to professionals, from college-goers to adults, the place receives an influx of tourists demanding adrenaline-rushing rafting adventure.
The strong currents of the river are suitable for rapids of all grades. Plus, there are plenty of tour operators authorized to grant you an electrifying experience.
3. Trekking in Valley of Flowers: Open during the monsoon months of May to October, the Valley of Flowers looks like a land out of dreams. With towering mountains forming its outline, the bewitching landscape of this place attracts many trekkers every year and has earned it UNESCO's title of World Heritage Site.
For as far as your sight can go, you will spot nothing but luminous flowers. Orchids, poppy, marigolds, daisies, geraniums, lilies, and petunias are a handful of names amongst all the graceful flowers that paint its terrain.
4. Boat ride in Nainital: Sun shines on its crystal surface as the multicolored boats swim into its tranquil waters. This is what an ordinary day at Nainital looks like. A beloved name among travelers, Nainital is a resort hill station which experiences an enchanting snow cover during winters.
But more than the snow, it is famous for the giant lake lying in its center. Known as Naini Lake, this lake is the pride of Nainital and hosts thousands of visitors boating lazily in its clear waters.
5. Safari at Jim Corbett National Park: Imagine driving in your jeep, and you come across a tiger crossing your path. Wouldn't that bring goosebumps all over you? For the travel enthusiasts, this will seem like an adventure that cannot be missed. Situated in the magical landscape of the sub-Himalayan belt in the Nainital District, this reserve is an eminent tourist attraction of Uttarakhand.
It occupies an area of 520.8 sq.km, which includes so many varied landscape features like hills, marshy depression, riverine belts, and large lakes. Abundant in fascinating flora and fauna species, a safari at Jim Corbett is an experience that cannot be in mere words.
6. Cycling at the narrow lanes of Dehradun: It's time for some pedal rushing in Dehradun to experience the excitement of witnessing the beautiful vistas of this hill station on a non-motorized mode of transport. You can cycle to Mall Road or around the heritage precincts of the rural villages of Dehradun.
You can even have the authentic food over here while cycling through the off-beaten path of Dehradun. This will definitely be an experience that will get etched in your memory lane forever.
7. Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh: Rishikesh is considered to be one of the best spots for Bungee Jumping in India, and thousands of tourists visit this place every year to try this thrilling adventure sport. Jumpin Heights is the exact spot in Rishikesh, where this adrenaline rushing sports activity is conducted.
It offers you a fixed platform from where you can dive, and an option as good as this is not available in any other part of India. The cantilever-platform has been built over a rocky cliff and is hailed as the most thrilling place to try this activity.
8. Spiritual Tour of the divine city of Rishikesh: Rishikesh is known to be the center of spirituality, and you can experience immense peace and tranquility here by being a part of the spiritual walking tour. This tour starts from Sita Ram Dham, and from here, the devotees walk up to Shri Trayambakeshwar, which is considered to be one of the most iconic sites of India.
You can stroll ahead on to the banks of the Ganges where you can witness the aarti, and then you can continue your journey to the hanging bridge of Lakshman Jhula. This tour gives you a chance to learn about the philosophy of Hinduism and helps you uncover some of the most sacred sites here.
What are the best places to visit in Uttarakhand with family?
1. Dehradun: Providing scenic vistas and stunning landscapes, Dehradun is a perfect city for a family vacation during Uttarakhand trip packages. With beautiful weather all through the year, it makes for a perfect rejuvenating place away from city life. Explore this small city which is also one of the important education hubs in the country and make your holiday worth remembering.
Location: Garhwal, Uttarakhand.
2. Haridwar: The religious chanting and prayers on the lips of the tourists is what welcomes you in Haridwar, one of the most famous pilgrimage sites in India. With numerous sights and temples worth seeing in Haridwar, it makes for an ideal place in Uttarakhand to visit with family. It is also home to some of the famous spiritual and yoga centres of learning.
Location: Garhwal, Uttarakhand.
3. Rishikesh: Encapsulated by the lush green surroundings, riveting scenic beauty and architectural wonders, Rishikesh makes for one of the most amazing places to visit with family in Uttarakhand. Also known for its adventurous water sports like kayaking, river rafting, canoeing and more, it will offer you the best time where you will create moments worth cherishing.
Location: Dehradun, Garhwal.
4. Nainital: Known as the city of lakes, Nainital is one of the best places to visit with family in Uttarakhand. This city makes for a perfect getaway as it is surrounded by the most stunning vistas along with peace and tranquility. With pleasant weather and numerous attractions worth witnessing, it makes for an amazing holiday destination.
Location: Kumaon, Uttarakhand.
5. Jim Corbett National Park: A remarkable place to witness wildlife and nature up close, Jim Corbett National Park is the place to go. Perfect for a family vacation during Uttarakhand trip packages, this is one of the oldest national parks rich in flora and fauna. You can witness Royal Bengal Tiger and innumerable species of birds here, a terrific experience.
Location: Nainital District, Ramnagar, Uttarakhand 244715
Which are the famous Hill Stations in Uttarakhand?Snow laden mountains, scenic waterfalls, and emerald jungles mark the beauty of Uttarakhand. Be it Mussoorie, Nainital, Almora, Badrinath, Ranikhet, or Kausani; each hill station is unparalleled in terms of angelic beauty and amusing destinations. So, if you opt for an Uttarakhand tour package, make sure you hit these hill stations and discover all the scenic locations.
1. Nainital: Mesmerizingly picturesque, this hill station of Uttarakhand has plenty of gorgeous resorts to stay in and offers postcard views all around. A sparkling lake lies in the middle of the city, called Naini Lake, which is an excellent site to go boating. A paradise for nature lovers, tourists to Nainital, love trekking over Naini peak to watch the sublime sunrises and sunsets from the highest point of the city.
2. Kedarnath: To the followers of Hinduism, a trek to Kedarnath is the most sacred pilgrimage as it is the abode of Lord Shiva. A part of the Chota Char Dham, or smaller four holy abodes, it is frequented by millions of pilgrims every year. With majestic mountains overlooking it and River Mandakini flowing by its side, the ancient temple of Kedarnath is surrounded by verdant greenery and houses intricately carved idols and lingams of Lord Shiva.
3. Mussoorie: Referred to as the 'Queen of the Hills,' Mussoorie attracts a lot of youngsters due to the happening attractions spread across the entire city. From bathing in the Kempty Falls and driving smoothly along Camel's Back Road, to climbing the peak of George Everest and shopping in the Mall Road, the city is a perfect blend of a hill station's serenity and a city's bustling charm.
Which are the best romantic places to visit on a Uttarakhand tour?
1. Mussoorie: Known as the ‘Queen of Hills’ Mussoorie is one of the most picturesque and bewitching destinations for romantic couples. The unspoilt beauty of this place attracts and enchants the tourists. This is one of the best places to visit with your partner away from the chaos of city life.
2. Auli: An absolute treat for the eyes and soul, Auli offers breathtaking views and a quintessential experience. Visit this place with your partner for a romantic vacation and have the time of your life amidst stunning surroundings and chilly weather. Head out for trekking or indulge in thrilling activities, auli will never disappoint you.
3. Almora: Away from the hustle and bustle of city life, Almora is a perfect retreat amidst nature surrounded by awe-inspiring views. With plenty of famous attractions to visit including the Nanda Devi Temple, Maa Dunagiri Temple, it is one of the most beautiful romantic places that you shouldn’t forget to include in Uttarakhand packages.
4. Lansdowne: With spellbinding views and the feel of a quaint place, Lansdowne is a hill station for couples offering a perfect romantic getaway. You can trek through the Lover’s Lane, visit the famous attractions or witness the wildlife, you cannot afford to miss including this place in Uttarakhand packages.
5. Valley of Flowers Trek: One of the most incredibly beautiful treks, Valley of Flowers Trek should be on every couple’s bucket list. Offering mystical views of the valley along with alluring terrains and passages, this place is one of the best romantic places to visit on an Uttarakhand tour.
What are the best adventure activities one can experience in Uttarakhand?
1. Trekking: Uttarakhand offers the most amazing trekking experience with mesmerising views of the Himalayas. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, Uttarakhand has treks to suit everyone’s needs. You can enjoy the Valley of Flowers Trek, Deoriatal, Tungnath and chandrashila treks in Uttarakhand. There are also courses offered where you can learn trekking before going on one.
2. Paragliding: The bewitching views, bird’s eye view of the surroundings takes you by surprise while you paraglide in Uttarakhand. This experience will make your heart skip a beat as you soar high, almost feeling like touching the sky. Offering this adrenaline rush, Uttarakhand has numerous paragliding spots where you can take this beautiful experience.
3. Canoeing & Kayaking: Paddle through in the Kayak against the water flows in Uttarakhand, an experience of a lifetime. With numerous places offering this adventure sport, you can also learn the basics by the professionals available to teach you at a nominal cost.
4. Ziplining: One of the most exciting and thrilling activities offered in Uttarakhand is ziplining. Perfect for people who love adventure and adrenaline rush, ziplining will provide you with an experience that will leave an indelible imprint on your heart. The sight of the gushing water and scenic surroundings while you slope will enhance your experience.
5. Skiing: One of the most exhilarating adventure activities, Skiing in Uttarakhand offers an experience that will dwell in your heart. Slide on the snow at Auli draped in beautiful white and indulge in this enchanting experience. If you don’t know how to ski, experts are present to teach you and you can take classes before enjoying this mesmerising experience.
Which are the main pilgrimage centers in Uttarakhand?The paramount pilgrimage for Hindu followers around the world is the four shrines of Chota Char Dham. Literally meaning 'the smaller four holy abodes,' these holy temples fall in different regions of Uttarakhand and are situated high above in the Himalayas. Thus, apart from Haridwar and Rishikesh, maximum Uttarakhand packages cover these divine destinations as well. Mentioned below are the holy centers of Kedarnath, Badrinath, Yamunotri, and Gangotri.
1. Kedarnath: Far above in the snow-capped mountains of Himalayas, perched peacefully in a lush green valley, lies the holy shrine of Kedarnath. Witnessing devotees from all over the world, the ancient temple of Kedarnath is amongst the most prominent shrines of Lord Shiva and is part of the Chota Char Dham.
The breathtaking beauty of its landscape bewitches anyone who visits it. Starting at the sacred lake of Gauri Kund, to reach the temple, one needs to cover a trek of 22 km. Journeying on foot to the shrine and worshipping with full devotion to Lord Shiva is said to relieve one from his problems and grant the blessing of the god.
2. Badrinath: Known as the birthplace of River Alaknanda, Badrinath is an eminent Hindu pilgrimage site that consecrates the preserver, Lord Vishnu. Surrounded by majestic mountains from all corners, this temple finds its name in many Hindu Puranas and Vedas.
Every year, from April to November, the shrine is thronged by millions of Vishnu devout traveling on foot to seek the blessings of their Lord. The ancient architecture of this temple is pleasing to the eyes and refreshes the soul of anyone who prays in it. Fragranced flowers are showered upon the black stoned effigy of Lord Vishnu enshrined over here.
3. Yamunotri: High above in Garhwal region of Himalayas lies the Champasar glacier from which River Yamuna originates. Said to be the resting place of Goddess Yamuna, this pilgrim site even has a magnificent temple dedicated to the goddess and has her effigy carved out of black marble.
Worshipped for being the giver of life for Indian civilizations for centuries, Yamunotri is the third temple among Chota Char Dham. Since Hindu epics mention Lord Yama, the god of death, as the brother of Goddess Yamunotri, devotees believe that traveling to this place grants a peaceful death.
4. Gangotri: Lastly, the birthplace of the holy river Ganges is the sacred pilgrimage center of Gangotri. The Hindu deity behind the great force of this river is believed to be Goddess Ganga. Emerging as Bhagirathi from the gigantic glacier, River Ganga is visited by pilgrims seeking repentance of their sins and blessings for a new start. The fourth shrine in the group of Chota Char Dham, pilgrims, visit Gangotri after going first to Yamunotri.
What are some famous camping sites in Uttarakhand?Hills are synonymous with camping and it's the best way to explore the majesty of nature. And when your backdrop is so breathtaking, you cannot resist the wilderness and charm of sleeping under the starlit sky. For many years, tourists have booked the Uttarakhand packages for trekking and camping at its many hidden and undiscovered destinations. Look at our picks from the best camping sites given below.
1. Tons Valley: The valley that houses Dehradun is a camping site like no other. Astounding Flora and Fauna create a vibe loved by many. But nature is not all this valley has for it as people here follow a tradition unheard elsewhere, worshipping the Kauravas.
This is enough for many to be curious, and they are attracted to these valleys like a moth to a flame. With picturesque views of rivers and forests, this valley has something for everyone.
2. Chaukori: A concealed heaven in Uttarakhand that most people don’t know about, Chaukori provides stunning views of the many Himalayan peaks such as Trishul, Nanda Kot, and Nanda Devi. Still early in its development as a camping place, Chaukori offers tourists the thrill and adventure of camping in an undiscovered site.
This place gives you a hand at finding peace with oneself and shouldn’t be missed by people wanting to spend some quality time with themselves.
3. Dhanaulti: Adventure seekers swarm around Dhanaulti for its reputation of being dynamic in adventurous activities. The first choice of many campers looking for an exciting experience, Dhanulti, is a somewhat remote hill station preferred by many people to cut some days out of their busy schedules.
The site allows you to stare in amazement at the magnificent sunrise and sunset. Filled with Oaks and Rhododendrons as far as the eye can see, Dhanaulti is a campsite not to be missed.
4. Kanatal: Quite possibly, the most popular camping site of Uttarakhand, Kanatal, was relatively unknown 5-7 years ago. But great things are hard to hide, and in a short span, the rough and tough ways of Kanatal have enticed hordes of tourists.
The camp is famous for its rainbow-like flowers, which can be spotted on the various nature walks offered by the site. The camp facilities here are top-notch and provide you with anything you might need in the rustic environment of Kanatal.
What are the best places to stay in Uttarakhand?
1. Taj Corbett Resort & Spa: One of the best resorts in Uttarakhand, Taj Corbett offers a palatial stay with the best hospitality. Offering Indian and International cuisines, the resort is a perfect retreat. Indulge in the luxurious spa or make the most of the amenities provided, Taj Corbett will win your heart.
2. Amritara Raga on the Ganges: Keeping the satisfaction of its guests at heart, Amritara Raga welcomes you with a smile from the warm and friendly staff. Keen on providing rejuvenating experiences, this is one of the best places to stay while in Uttarakhand.
3. Ananda in the Himalayas: Offering holistic services including, meditation, yoga, Ayurvedic wellness treatments along with a personalised nutritionist, Ananda provides unparalleled experiences. With a plethora of amenities, it is one of the most luxurious stays in Uttarakhand.
4. Sterling Corbett: Escape the chaos of city life and indulge in the beauty of nature offering mesmerising experiences. With all the amenities you can hope for, Sterling Corbett is your go providing chic interiors and unsurpassable services.
How to reach Uttarakhand by Road, Rail, and Air?Reaching Uttarakhand is not very complicated. The state is well connected with the National Capital and can be reached tirelessly by road. Being a hill station, the weather conditions are not always up to the mark, so many scheduled flights can get delayed and canceled.
By Air: The closest airport to the city center of Dehradun is Jolly Grant Airport. It is situated approximately 5 km away. Taxis are operated from outside the airport to reach the main city. Despite being a small airport, major domestic airlines like Indigo, SpiceJet, Air India, and Jet Airways operate from here.
By Train: The city can be accessed by train through the Dehradun railway station. Local trains commute daily on this station, while luxury trains like Mussoorie Express and Shatabdi Express connect the metropolitan cities of India to the city of Dehradun. Situated at a distance of hardly 1 km from Clock Tower, a number of local buses, autos, and taxis operate outside the station to help you reach your destination.
By Road: From non-AC buses to luxury Volvos, from local Uttarakhand buses to interstate buses, the Inter-State Bus Terminal (ISBT) of Dehradun is well connected to all the major cities. If you are traveling in your vehicle, you can reach Dehradun by taking NH-72.
Which are the best lakes in Uttarakhand for boating?
1. Bhimtal Lake: Located in the Nainital district, this beautiful lake owes its name to a historical figure, Bhim from Mahabharata. Surrounded by lush green mountains and stunning views, Bhimtal Lake is one of the best spots for boating in Uttarakhand along with the bird watching experience.
2. Naini Lake: One of the most famous attractions in Nainital, Naini Lake is one of the most romantic spots to enjoy the experience of boating in Uttarakhand. Encapsulated by the seven hills, boating at this lake lets you create moments to relish.
3. Tehri Lake: One of the favorite boating spots among the tourists, Tehri Lake is surrounded by splendid, picturesque views that enhance your experience. It is perfect for people seeking peace and serenity amidst the hustle of city life.
4. Naukuchiatal: With abundant flora and fauna surrounding this lake, it is one of the most popular boating destinations in Uttarakhand among the tourists. It is perfect for people who love thrill and excitement since it is one of the deepest lakes in Uttarakhand.
What are the best places for a food tour in Uttarakhand?
1. Rishikesh Food Walk Tour: This food tour allows you to feast on delectable delicacies in the place known for its food culture, Rishikesh. Relish the most famous local treats that will win your heart along with visiting the oldest food joints. The guide will walk you through offering insights on the local food cuisine making it a knowledgeable and fun tour.
2. Tasty Treats and Food Tour, Mussoorie: With innumerable local delicacies, this food tour is replete with fun and flavour offering you the most amazing experience. With a guide accompanying you, you will experience the best gastronomic tour.
Relish the authentic delicacies from bhel puri, kebabs, to pav bhaji and momos. Visit the Yoga City for an exceptional experience or enjoy the bun cheese omelette with masala chai amidst the pleasant weather.
3. Dehradun Street Food Tour: Walk through the lanes in the city for the most flavoursome delicacies, carefully handpicked for you. This food tour is sure to make you fall in love with Dehradun and the guide accompanying you will ensure you visit all the prominent places and taste all the famous street food.
Does Uttarakhand have snow?Yes, during winters, many popular hill stations of Uttarakhand are covered in blankets of snow. They attract tourists from all around to come and fall in love with the scenic grandeur of the snow-draped hills, the comforting weather, and the pleasant silence.
If you wish to escape the weary of your daily hustle and spend some time exploring the child in you, places like Auli, Dhanaulti, Munsiyari, Chakrata, and many more are a must-visit for you. Whether it is making snow-mans or playing with snowballs or simply enjoying a cup of hot cocoa by the fireplace, Uttarakhand has it all.
Which is the best time to visit Uttarakhand?Each season presents a new color in this hilly region. So, the best time to visit Uttarakhand is subject to what you are seeking from your Uttarakhand trip. However, the months from February to April are observed as the peak season.
During Summers: The months from March to June experience a warm sun shining brightly in the sky, making summers ideal to try adventure sports or go on pilgrimages to enchanting temples.
During Monsoon: From July to October, Uttarakhand experiences unpredictable showers discouraging traveling during this season. However, it is ideal if you want to trek to the Valley of Flowers.
During Winters: If making snow angels gives you butterflies in the stomach, then the chilly winters from November to February are your best shot.
Is Uttarakhand worth visiting?
Yes, Uttarakhand is absolutely worth visiting because of its unfaltering, stunning beauty and glorious pilgrim centers. Visiting Uttarakhand is like being in the lap of nature, enjoying the splendid surroundings.
What is famous in Uttarakhand?
Nothing less than a glimmer of paradise, Uttarakhand is famous for its scenic beauty of the Himalayas and the Terai grasslands along with savannas and the Bhabar. It is also known for numerous divine pilgrimage centers and temples.
Is Uttarakhand safe for couples?
Yes, Uttarakhand is perfectly safe for couples and will welcome you with smiling faces. Visiting Uttarakhand will be one of the best trips and this journey will be a memorable one in a completely safe environment.
What to Carry On the Uttarakhand Tour?Here are a few essentials that you must carry on your Uttrakhand tour.
Clothes- 2-3 pairs of socks and waterproof hand gloves- Windproof jacket and heavy jacket- Woolen sweater and a fleece jacket- Waterproof/synthetic track pants- Avoid carrying shorts, capris and tight jeans- Full sleeve T-shirts- Thermal inners and caps
Medicines- Dexamethasone- Diamox- Crocin- Combiflam- Avil 25mg- Omez/ Ranitidine- Crepe bandage- Band-Aid- Moov spray- Antiseptic cream- Knee Cap- Antifungal Powder
Personal Kit- Head Torch along with extra batteries- Cold cream and lip balm- Sun protection cream- Toilet paper/wipes- Quick-dry towel
How can I plan a trip to Uttarakhand?A serene little state in India, Uttarakhand is chock full of admired temples and exhilarating treks that allures copious amounts of tourists every day. Here is a six days itinerary through which you’ll be able to touch all the splendours over here.
You’ll be picked up from Delhi and you’ll then head to Mussoorie, which is an absolute gem of Uttrakhand. You'll check in to the hotel once you reach Mussoorie and in the evening you’ll head to Lake Mist and you can enjoy boating over there. At night you’ll head to Mall road which is a shopping paradise of Mussoorie. Once you’re done with shopping you’ll return back to the hotel to relax and destress from the tiredness of the trip.
Mussoorie: Dhanaulti excursionOn day 2 you’ll head to Dhanaulti and once you check in to the hotel you’ll head to Sukhdevi Temple which is a popular attraction here. You’ll then visit Mall Road and Kempty Falls to immerse yourself in the splendid beauty of this place. Return to your hotel by late evening and relax.
Mussoorie to Haridwar and stopover in RishikeshOn day 3 you’ll head to Haridwar and en route you’ll stop to visit the splendid attractions of Rishikesh, like Lakshman Jhula and Ram Jhula. In the evening you will check into your hotel at Haridwar and relax.
Jim CorbettOn day 4 you’ll check out from your hotel after having a delicious breakfast and hop aboard to Jim Corbett. Once you reach here you’ll check into your hotel and in the evening you’ll visit the popular sites of Jim Corbett, like Corbett Falls, Garjia Temple, and River Kosi. At night you’ll return to your hotel and relax.
Jim Corbett to Nainital-stopover in AlmoraOn day 5 you’ll check out from your hotel and you’ll head to Nainital and visit Amora en route. You’ll visit the popular attractions of Almora like Martola and Kalimath and then you’ll head to Nainital. Once you reach Nainital you’ll check into the hotel and head towards the popular attractions like Naina Devi Temple and Naini Lake. At night you’ll return to your hotel and relax.
Nainital to DelhiOn day 6 you’ll feat delicious breakfast and check out from the hotel. Your 6 days enthralling Uttrakhand trip will come to an end as you’ll head back to Delhi.
Which are some famous treks I can do in Uttarakhand?Lying in the geographical center of Himalayas, Uttarakhand offers more treks than imaginable. Many of these treks are still being discovered, but if you’re more of a casual trekker, we will guide you through some of the most famous treks available in Uttarakhand tour packages.
1. Brahmatal Trek: You are low on time and want to experience the most; then, you shouldn’t look further than Brahmatal trek. It is Jam-packed with luscious green forests, views of some the most exemplary peaks in Uttarakhand, and rare wildlife. It is also one of the least crowded treks you will find in the current times. To top it all off, it has arguably the 2 most beautiful lakes in the entire country, which give out a very beautiful vibe when frozen.
2. Flower Valley Trek: It is said that this is the most fresh trek in the entire world, and people cannot argue with that. One could really fall for the serenity this trek provides. With beautiful glimpses of the great Himalayas and flora that can’t be found anywhere else, it’s worth it to have it on your trek list. To reach this valley you need to trek from Govind Ghat to Hemkund Sahib that leads up to Ghangaria.The valley is just 5 kilometers from Ghangaria and you can also find a serene lake called Hemkund over here.
3. Har Ki Dun Trek: A trek that shouldn’t be missed if you have a good amount of time in your hands. Many trekkers revere this trek for its rich culture. You can experience the ancient Himalayas in their best form as you make it through the various ridges, meadows, basins, forests, and villages. Homing the most renowned campsites in India, it’s a trek that any veteran would recommend.
4. Dayara Bugyal Trek: A trek perfect for beginners, Dayara Bugyal, has some of the best meadows on the planet. This trek offers you everything a high altitude trek offers and yet is a very relaxing and laid back trek. Spectacular mountain views and ancient villages would make you want to stay there forever. This trek does wonder in bringing out the nature lover in you as you will find meadows like no others as you go through the fantastic forests.
5. Deoriatal Chandrashila Trek: A trek that feels like it was made for the breathtaking summit views it offers. The most popular Uttarakhand trek offers you not only the views of a few Himalayan peaks but lets you see all of the peaks and summits of the eastern and western Uttarakhand. It also provides you with some of the best forest trails in India and is a heaven for birdwatchers. You can detect diverse species of birds over here such as griffins, snow partridges, and Himalayan woodpeckers.
Which are the historical places to visit in Uttarakhand?A walk into the historic towns of Uttarakhand will make you admire the rich heritage of this state. Hence, when booking any Uttarakhand vacation package, try discovering these lesser-known destinations.
1. Dwarahat: Tucked away in the mountains of Kumaon, in the placid hamlet of Almora, lies the ancient city of Dwarahat. Decorated by 55 stone temples built during the bygone era, this town glorifies the rich and charming heritage of Uttarakhand. Constructed under the rule of Katyuri rulers, this place is historically as well as religiously significant. It lies in the proximity of Ranikhet and offers scenic views of the valleys from its top.
2. Narendra Nagar: A royal jewel for Garhwali culture, the town of Narendra Nagar is situated in the vicinity of Tehri district and is frequented by many visitors en route Yamunotri and Gangotri. It derives its name from the great king of the Shah Dynasty, Maharaja Narendra Shah. With intricately designed structures and tranquil beauty, this place witnesses tourists marveling at its brilliant architecture. The main landmark is the royal palace, which also houses a modern spa.
3. Lohaghat: A hidden marvel of Uttarakhand, the sleepy town of Lohaghat is now gaining popularity due to its centuries-old temples and mystic ambiance. With the quiet Lohawat River flowing by its green terrain, the panorama of this town is unparalleled. Travelers to Lohaghat love visiting Abbot Mount and Advaita Ashram.
Is Uttarakhand safe for solo travelers?Uttarakhand is extremely safe for solo travelers, and the crime rate over here is very low. But even though Uttarakhand is far away from thefts, robberies, eve-teasing, and general crimes compared to other states, you must take care of your belongings while you’re moving outside to prevent any mishaps.
What can I buy in Uttarakhand?Uttrakhand offers a lot of extraordinary things to the visitors to take back as a memoir of your trip. Here we’re enlisting a few items that you must buy if you’re over here.Local wines that are made in the wineries of Uttrakhand
- Jams and pickles- Organic honey that comes in various flavors such as elaichi, lichi, etc- Shawls and woolen clothing from the handicraft bazaar- Ringaal and Rambaan handicrafts that are eco-friendly- Paschmina or Angora shawls- Wooden crafts, animal figurines made by Gunjyal tribe
Which is the coolest place in Uttarakhand?Caped with a snowy blanket maximum time of the year makes Auli the coldest place in Uttarakhand. With the temperatures never soaring above 23 degrees, even during summers, Auli is emerging as a popular unconventional getaway for wanderlust lovers. With pine cones dropping from woody trees and orchards of reddish apples covering its land, Auli offers breathtaking panoramas of sun-kissed mountains.
During the winter season, from the months of December to February, mercury dips below 0 degrees, and the place witnesses a magical snowfall. This brings in a lot of tourists from across the globe in search of evergreen trekking and skiing experience. So when planning a vacation in winters, make sure to include Auli in your Uttarakhand holiday package.
Name some of the places where we can experience snowfall in Uttarakhand?The winter wonderland of Uttarakhand is what drives travelers miles away from their home to this angelic hill station. Soft snowflakes landing noiselessly on the ground cover the trees like a giant white blanket and give a magical touch to the landscape during the winters. In fact, most holidayers book the Uttarakhand vacation packages as per the snow schedule.
Be it skiing in Auli, or staying at a comfy resort in Nainital, or for a romantic escapade in Mussoorie, or snow-kissed meadows of Chopta; many hill stations experience snowfall when the winters are about to come. Other places that experience snowfall in Uttarakhand are Dhanaulti, Mukteswar, Chakrata, Chota Char Dham, Harsil, and Tugnath.
What are the safety measures for a trip to Uttarakhand?Traveling to a new place unknown to you is exciting but calls for an attentive mind that looks out for any problems. So look at the handy tips jotted down to ensure you have a memorable and safe journey.
1. Though monsoon brings refreshing greenery, avoid traveling during this season. Rainfalls increase the chances of landslides making road travel riskier in hill stations.
2. Always keep an eye on the weather forecast before stepping outdoors.
3. Choose your hotel wisely: Do not go for one that is too near a strong river or a cliff.4. When the sun is too bright, drink a lot of water and apply plenty of sunblock before kick-starting your day.5. Only try adventure sports under the supervision of authorized operators.6. Dress according to the weather: Carry sunglasses and scarves to beat the scorching heat. Don a nice sweater or overcoat that keeps you warm in the chilly weather.7. Get a pair of sturdy and comfortable shoes when beginning a trek or hike.8. Do carry the necessary ID proof and documents at places required.
Tips for visiting the Uttarakhand Trip?Here are some of the handiest tips that you should follow to make your trip to Uttrakhand a memorable experience.
1. Do not wear skimpy or too revealing outfits at public places, especially at religious ones.2. Be careful of your belongings when stepping out at night.3. Carry important medicines so that you can keep your health in check at all times.4. Always apply sunscreen to protect your body as well as your face from the harmful rays of the sun.5. If you have lost landmarks or directions, then you can ask local people for help.6. Carry a compass, map, and cash whenever you go outside.7. Don’t eat anything that is offered by strangers.8. Public display of affection is completely restricted at religious places like temples and Gurudwaras.9. Research about a place beforehand to have a greater idea about the route, entry charges, etc.10. You can hire a cab, taxi, or auto-rickshaw to commute from one place to another in Uttrakhand.