Dayara Bugyal Trek Highlights
- Trek to one of the Highest Rolling Meadows of the country , filled with suspense, as you try to unfold the stretch of the meadows.
- View the Mt Bandarpoonch, Black peak ,Mt srikanth so close as it feels like it is an arm distance from the bugyal.
- The vastness of the Meadow offers deep valley with the fading rolling hills at one side and on the other were these great mountain ranges.
- Seasonal change in the view of Dayara Bugyal trek makes it best to go throughout the year.
Dayara Bugyal Trek Overview
About Dayara Bugyal Trek:
Perched at an altitude of around 11,500 ft - Dayara Bugyal is considered as India’s one of the most beautiful alpine meadows trek. Located in the North-west part of Uttarakhand, this garden of nature can make anyone go weak on their knees.
"Bugyal” means meadow in the regional language, which means land covered with wildflowers. It offers 270-degree views of the mesmerizing snow-clad mountains and valleys holding the blanket of nature.
On your way, you will be mesmerized with myriad hues of nature changing colors with every season to towering peaks like Gangotri, Draupadi ka Danda. It is a place filled with high biodiversity with picturesque views.
Dayara Bugyal Trek Quick facts:
- Duration: 4D/3N
- Maximum altitude: Approximately 11,500 ft
- Dayara Bugyal Trek Distance: 17 KM
- Trekking gradient: Easy to moderate, with some steeps now and then
- Dayara Bugyal Trek Best Time: November to January, March to Mid-May
- Temperature: 13°C to 18°C during the day and -3°C to 4°C during the night
- ATM: Last ATM is available in Dehradun
- Start / End Point of the Trek: Raithal, Uttarakhand
How to Reach Dayara Bugyal :
Jolly Grant Airport is the airport serving Dehradun, located about 25 km from the city. There is a daily flight from Delhi to Dehradun
Take the overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi
- Nandadevi Express - Train no: 12205 (Departure 11:50pm; Arrival - 5:40am)
- Dehradun Express - Train no: 12687 (Departure - 9:10pm; Arrival - 5:00am)
Dehradun is well connected to most cities such as Delhi, Shimla, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Agra, and Mussoorie by Volvo, Deluxe, semi-deluxe, and Uttarakhand State Transport buses. These buses arrive and depart from the Dehradun Inter State Bus Terminal (ISBT) near Clement Town. Buses depart from here every 15 minutes to one hour.
Another bus terminal in Dehradun is the Mussoorie Bus Station, located at the Dehradun Railway Station which has regular bus services to Mussoorie and other nearby cities. Another interstate bus terminal in Dehradun is the Delhi Bus Stand on Gandhi Road.
Dayara Bugyal Trek Package Inclusions:
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
3. Trek equipment: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils, and crampon (if required)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees are included in the Dayara Bugyal trek package.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher & oxygen cylinder
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide, cook, and Support staff
7. Transport from Dehradun to Raithal and return as per the itinerary
8. Mules to carry group equipment.
Available Group Departures:
[ Note: If you are a group of 4 or more people then the dates can be customized]
More Details about Dayara Bugyal Trek
Know Before You Go for Dayara Bugyal Trek
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in. The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travelers littering may be fined.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- In case, the trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the Dayara Bugyal trek.
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for Dayara Bugyal trek.
Things To Carry for Dayara Bugyal Trek
- Head torch
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Water bottle
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Mosquito & insect repellent