Chopta Tungnath Trek Highlights
- Trek to one of the highest Shiva temples in the world and discover utmost tranquility
- Capture a chance to explore unique villages, forests trails, massive maple, oak and pine trees, crystal clear lakeside, and much more
- Hike to 12,072 ft. and admire breathtaking views of Nanda Devi, Trishul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpuch, and Chaukhamba Peaks
Chopta Tungnath Trek Overview
About the Chopta Tungnath Trek:
Embark on one of the best weekend treks of the serene Chopta and Tungnath in the Garhwali Himalayas. Soaring up at 13000 feet, adorned with mists, coniferous, and snow, this is one heck of a trek you must take. The best time for the Tungnath trek is from April to November where one shall find mesmerizing views of the Himalayas. Soaring up at 13000 feet, adorned with mists, coniferous, and snow, this is one heck of a trek you must take.
Chanadrashila summit trek possesses a captivating beauty with the help of many deodar and rhododendron forests. Chopta has a myriad collection of pictorial sights to bewitch the visitors which is marvelously engulfed by huge vegetation in spring and summer. During winter it would be appealing to all eyes since the thick cover of snow will be an amusing part of the region.
Chopta Tungnath Trek Quick Facts:
- Tungnath Trek Temperature: Day: 8°C to 15°C and Night: -5°C to 3°C
- Maximum altitude: 11,154 ft.
- Chopta to Tungnath Trek Distance: 5 Km
- Base Camp: Sari Village (6-hour drive from Haridwar)
- ATM: Last ATM is in Ukhimath, around 13 KM before Sari.
About the activity:
- Tungnath trek is short and easy, which runs parallel to the high-altitude Himalayan Treks.
- During the Chopta trek, one can enjoy a clear view of the majestic peaks of Panchchuli, Nanda Devi, Nilkanth, and Kedarnath.
- While Tungnath trekking you will come across pink, red and scarlet rhododendrons bloomed in vivid colours all along the trek. Accompany you will be picturesque waterfalls, lush greenery, forest trails, and amazing snow-covered mountains of the Garhwal Himalayas.
- The Chopta Tungnath trekking begins from the rustic Sari village, where you will get a glimpse of the ancient culture of local people.
- As you reach Deorital you will be thrilled to see the glittering and shimmering waters of the lake that look inviting, but the water is freezing cold.
- Move ahead on the Chopta trail that is sprinkled with little shrines that stand out in the greenness by the red and yellow flags tied on them.
- When you finally reach the Tungnath top capture stunning glimpses of Nanda Devi, Trishul, Nandaghunti, Dronagiri, Chaukhamba, and Kedarnath.
- As the trek is set through Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary you are bound to spot wilderness and a flock of Monals birds.
- The security and comfort of trekkers are our utmost priority. This is reflected in the conduct of treks through courteous and qualified staff, quality of equipment, hygiene, and regard for nature and the outdoors.
- Stay in high-quality and comfortable alpine/dome tents on a double/triple/quad sharing basis. All tents come with necessary amenities and maintain the utmost hygiene.
- Delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included in the Chopta Tungnath trek package. While here, do not miss out on trying a few local Garhwali dishes.
Chopta Tungnath Trek Itinerary
Select Package Option
Chopta Tungnath Trek, Uttarakhand
More Details about Chopta Tungnath Trek
Know Before You Go for Chopta Tungnath Trek
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- Pay heed to the trek guides and instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Permit charges are not included in the Chopta Tungnath Trek package.
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for Chopta trek.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the Chopta Tungnath trek.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the Chopta trek.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be the part of Chopta Tungnath trek package.