Chopta Chandrashila Trek from Delhi Highlights
- Grasp breathtaking views of Nandadevi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch and Chaukhamba peaks from the top
- Trek to an altitude of 13,000 feet to explore the 'Mini Switzerland of Uttarakhand' - Chopta
- Explore the famous Tungnath Temple - which is one of the highest Shiva temples in the world
- Avail comfortable transfers facility from Rishikesh or Delhi, according to your desire and convenience
- Set foot on this adventurous trek with the assistance of a friendly and experienced guide.
Chopta Chandrashila Trek from Delhi Overview
About the trek:
Head out for a fascinating trek expedition to Chandrashila, the summit of Tungnath, which is prominently known as a famous tourist attraction for high altitude trek lovers. It is located at a height of about 4,000 meters above sea level. Spot the spellbinding glimpses of Nandadevi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch, and Chaukhamba peaks, the views of which are going to be your rewards for the hike. Discover the laid-back side of the Himalayas while trekking through the lush jungles and snow-capped mountains. Make way through the forests with snowy paths and discover rich flora and fauna until you reach the destination at an altitude of 13,000 feet. On arriving at Chopta - a picturesque and unexplored destination, famous as 'Mini Switzerland of Uttarakhand', you are surely going to reconnect with nature and soothe your senses completely. Later, proceed towards Chandrashila - the 'Moon Rock' summit of the Tungnath.
Start Time - End Time from Delhi: 10:30 PM (Day 0) - Between 5:00 AM - 6:00 AM (Day 4)
Start Time - End Time from Rishikesh: 6:00 AM (Day 1)-Between 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM (Day 3)
Pickup Point/ Drop point from Delhi: Kashmiri Gate ISBT
Pickup Point/ Drop point from Rishikesh: Natraj Chowk/ Rishikesh ISBT
- Stay: Swiss tents/Home stays on sharing basis
- Meals: Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner
- Transportation: Delhi/Riskesh to Chopta in a semi sleeper AC volvo busTempo Traveller/Sedan/Suv depeneding on the group size(As per the variant selected)
- Activities: Trekking & Camping
Temperature: 32°C to 15°C
Maximum altitude: 4,000 meters above sea level
Electricity: Electricity will be available at Chopta campsite and Sari village.
ATM: Rishikesh is the last point where you will find an ATM
How to Reach:
The starting point of the trip is Rishikesh, which is 5.3 km from Natraj Chowk. The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport that is 20.8 km from Rishikesh. Private or public transportation is easily available to reach Rishikesh.
More Details about Chopta Chandrashila Trek from Delhi
Know Before You Go for Chopta Chandrashila Trek from Delhi
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Pay heed to the trek guides and instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- Permit charges are not included in the package.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the package.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for this trek.
Things To Carry for Chopta Chandrashila Trek from Delhi
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Water bottle
- Extra pair of socks
- Hiking shoes
- Led torch (with extra batteries)
- Walking shoes
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf