See London From The Shard
- Visit The View from The Shard or Open-Air Skydeck and enjoy London's breath-taking 360° panoramic vistas.
- Get whisked 310 m in the sky to the top of The Shard by high-speed elevators that run at 6 m per second swiftly and comfortably.
- Visit one of two bars that serve Moet and Chandon champagne and inventive cocktails crafted by a team of expert mixologists.
- Enjoy piano in the sky, perform or listen to some excellent music while taking in London's most spectacular scenery.
Location: Joiner Street, London, England SE1 3QX
Pay A Visit To HMS Belfast
- Explore nine decks and get inside a 6-inch gun turret to experience a brand-new realistic sound installation recreating 05.27 on D-Day.
- Discover brand-new exhibits and renovated spaces, crew member tales, and innovative multisensory and interactive experiences.
- Play interactive games in the Galley, meet the crew and captain, take in panoramic views from the top, visit the engine and boiler rooms, and experience some of the most entertaining things to do near London Bridge.
- Meet a Korean War surgeon, steer the ship, observe the conservation team in action, and command HMS Belfast in a virtual battle for an unforgettable experience.
Location: The Queen's Walk, London, Greater London SE1 2JH
Stop By Tower Bridge
- Taking in the amazing views from the elevated walkways is among the most captivating things to do near London Bridge to enjoy the excitement of seeing London life through the glass floor.
- Learn about the unsung heroes of Tower Bridge's history and the challenges they faced at the Museum on-site.
- Visit the magnificent Victorian Engine Rooms to witness numerous animatronics and interactive exhibits and to gain knowledge of its operation.
- Observe the bridge's amazing construction and mechanics as it opens for a passing ship while admiring its Gothic design.
Location: Tower Bridge Rd, London, SE1 2UP
Explore The Tower Of London
- Learn about the fascinating history linked with one of the world's oldest and best-preserved structures while admiring the crown jewels.
- Exploring the tower, which was formerly used as a fortification to defend England against its enemies, is one of the most thrilling things to do near London Bridge.
- Witness nearly a thousand years of history in this royal palace, which also hosted key historical events in London's past.
- Keep a watch out for ravens and receive intriguing historical knowledge from the tower's Yeoman Warders, who also serve as its guards.
Location: North Bank, London
Visit Hay's Galleria
- Visiting Hay's Galleria is one of the most engaging things to do near London Bridge for its unique British charm, great transit connections, and breathtaking riverbank views.
- Enjoy a meal at one of Hay's Galleria's many cafés and restaurants while admiring the breathtaking scenery.
- Browse the market stalls for taking back home some souvenirs and handmade goods and satisfy the shopaholic in you.
- Admire David Kemp's stunning kinetic sculpture, which combines moving elements, water jets, and fountains in a wonderful manner.
- Stand where the tea clippers from India and China made their way into the dock 150 years ago and be aware of the rich history of the place.
Location: 1 Battle Bridge Lane, London, England SE1 2HP
Recommended Read: Places In West London
Explore City Hall
- Explore City Hall, the futuristic headquarters of the Mayor of London and the London Assembly, and admire its oval-shaped design and architecture.
- Enjoy spectacular views of London City from the rooftop terrace, which stands 150 feet above the ground.
- Learn about the special energy efficiency technique used in the building's design, including a computer's heat recycling system and small windows that replace air conditioning.
- Visit the building during the week to see a portion open to the public, allowing you to admire its stunning architecture and take in the views of the surrounding area.
Location: Kamal Chunchie Way, London, E16 1ZE
Recommended Read: Attractions Near Alton Towers
Visit Old Operating Theatre Museum
- Visit the Old Operating Theatre Museum, one of London's oldest and most intriguing museums, to observe the speed with which many physicians performed surgical and medical treatments in the past.
- Discover the history of the strange and wondrous herbs and potions utilised in period medicine.
- See the original storage containers utilised and the various herbs and their intended function.
- Visit the Emergency cum Operation Room on the roof to view the operating table, some of the instruments used, and soundproofing technology from the past.
Location: 9a St Thomas Street, London, England SE1 9
Suggested Read: Things To Do In London In September
Shopping At Borough Market
- Visiting Borough Market is one of the most delightful things to do near London Bridge for all food lovers.
- Stop by the market to sample a wide range of artisan prepared foods and high-quality organic products.
- Take a walk around Crown Square to see some of the larger manufacturers and retailers in the area.
- Explore the Green Market for small, specialised produce traders and Borough Market Kitchen for a variety of street food.
- Enjoy the exceptional food and beverage options available at over 100 stands, stalls, shops, bars, and restaurants.
Location: 8 Southwark Street, London, England SE1 1
Recommended Read: Places In South London
Explore Golden Hinde
- Explore history from the deck of a full-scale replica launched in 1973 of the famed Elizabethan galleon that first sailed around the world between 1577 and 1580.
- Take some beautiful pictures of yourself and your loved ones with the ship's interiors as an amazing backdrop.
- Celebrate special occasions such as birthdays and weddings or rent the venue to make your corporate event a memorable one.
- Solve the Escape from The Golden Hinde, for which you will have only 60 minutes once locked inside the escape room to solve the ship's intricate puzzles.
Location: St Mary Overie Dock, Cathedral Street, London, SE1 9DE
Suggested Read: Things To Do In London In October
Stop By Shakespeare's Globe Theatre
- Visiting The Shakespeare Globe Theatre, London is one of the most popular activities to do near London Bridge for literary and theatre aficionados.
- Discover a magnificent replica of the Globe Theatre, an Elizabethan playhouse in the 16th century and featured some of Shakespeare's greatest works, including Macbeth, Julius Caesar, King Lear, and Hamlet.
- Attend any performance at the theatre or workshop to get a glimpse into the history of the English theatre.
- Take a guided tour to understand how a theatre operates, from the sound effects to costumes and makeup.
Location: Bankside Cultural Quarter, 21 New Globe Walk, London SE1 9DT
Recommended Read: Camping Near London
Visit Tate Modern
- Visit Tate Modern, one of the most interesting things to do near London Bridge for art lovers, as it houses a treasure trove of artwork.
- Take in the remarkable design of this structure, one of the city's architectural wonders.
- Explore the extensive art collection, which includes both long-term and short-term displays and spans over a century.
- See the work of artists from around the world, including Pablo Picasso, Emily Kame Kngwarreye, and Jenny Holzer, in this exhibition of paintings and sculptures.
- Witness the London skyline from the top floor viewing deck, where you can refuel with a snack or drink from the terrace bar.
Location: Bankside, London SE1 9TG
Suggested Read: Best Things To Do In London In 2 Days
Admire Southwark Cathedral
- Admire London's oldest church, which dates back to 606 AD and was once used for pagan worship by the Romans.
- Look out for the stunning statue of Shakespeare in repose and the beautiful stained glass window dedicated to Shakespeare, which depicts characters from his plays.
- Don't miss John Gower's Tomb, the Harvard Chapel, and the High Altar Screen, which are all highlights of this ancient and stunning church.
- Consider the mediaeval effigy of a knight, nave walls, and roof bosses, which reflect the structure's ancient architecture.
Location: Montague Close, London, England SE1 9DA
Also Read: Best Things To Do In London In January
Pay A Visit To Neal's Dairy Yard
- One of the most lovely activities to do near London Bridge is to sample the finest British and Irish cheeses at Neal's Dairy Yard in west London.
- Farmhouse cheeses from the United Kingdom and Ireland are available for purchase at this shop.
- The cheese is aged on-site in east London until it reaches its optimum flavour and texture.
- Choose from the store's expertly curated cheese selections to create a tasty and gratifying cheese board, or ask for help from a skilled cheesemonger.
Location: 17 Shorts Gardens Covent Garden, London WC2H 9AT
Suggested Read: Markets In London
Visit The Menier Chocolate Factory Theatre
Visit Vinegar Yard
- Vinegar Yard, located near London Bridge Station, offers a unique combination of food and beverages, a flea market, and art.
- Socialise in the sun at the massive outdoor venue during warm summer, enjoy hot dishes when the outdoor space is covered with giant tents and outdoor heating, or book a table at one of two interior bars.
- Choose from a diverse beverage menu or sample some delectable dishes prepared by in-house chefs.
- Admire Joe Rush art pieces that adorn the venue and add charm to its allure, also explore the weekend flea market for some quick shopping.
Location: 72-82 St. Thomas Street 1 Minute From London Bridge Station, London SE1 3QU
Read More: Things To Do In London In June