See The Spectacular View From The Shard London
- The Shard in London is the tallest building in the United Kingdom and the seventh largest building in entire Europe.
- The building is a 72-storey skyscraper and visiting it is one of the most famous things to do near the Borough market as it offers spectacular views of the nearby regions.
- Marvel at the viewing points on the 69th level is a three floor indoor gallery which is popular for offering uninterrupted views.
- Climb up to the 72nd level of the Shard London to spend time in the outdoor gallery witnessing the perfect cityscape.
Location: 32 London Bridge Street, London SE1 9SG
Walk Over Tower Bridge
- The bridge is very old and was built between the years 1886 and 1894 to connect to the Eastern End of London.
- The bridge acts as an important landmark in London and visiting it is one of the most interesting activities to do near Borough market.
- You can climb up the bridge and get a view of the hustle of the city of London.
- See the moving cars and the Thames River from the glass floor.
- Capture stunning mirror perfect selfies at this place as the ceiling is made of mirrors.
Location: Tower Bridge Road, London SE1 2UP England
Glimpse At The Crown Jewels In The Tower Of London
- Capture the glimpse of the Crown Jewels in the The Tower of London or the “London Borough of Tower Hamlets” is located in Central England on the bank of the River Thames.
- Get amazed The Crown Jewellery of the United Kingdom that consists of 140 ceremonial gems and jewels.
- These jewels are wearable ornaments made specifically for the royal family of England to wear on special occasions like coronations, rituals and rites, parades, etc.
- Some of the most important ornaments are regalia and vestments, which were worn by the highest ranks of the royal family, i.e the British Kings and Queens.
- Explore the collections that date back to the 1600s and is the main symbol of the royal dynasty that has been existing for 800 years. Getting to see these jewels is one of the most beautiful things to do near Borough market.
Location: London Tower, London EC3R 7JP
Visit St. Paul’s Cathedral
- St. Paul’s Cathedral is an Anglican cathedral church sitting in the heart of London.
- It is famous for being the seat of the Bishop of London, which is located at the highest point of London, Ludgate Hill.
- If you are an enthusiast of history, then visiting this gigantic and huge church will be one of the best activities to do near Borough market for you.
- Know how the church was founded in AD 604 and is now known to have survived the firings and bombarding of World War II and other natural and manmade calamities.
- As you visit the church, admire the gigantic and gorgeous building that adds significantly to the skyline of London.
Location: The Chapter House, St Paul's Churchyard, London EC4M 8AD
Checkout & Book: St. Cathedral Tickets
Also Read: Things To Do In Kings Cross
Learn About The HMS Belfast’s History
- HMS Belfast was a navy ship that served the Royal Navy and is now floating as a ship museum on the Thames River.
- Know how this elegant ship fought triumphantly in Second World War II, D-Day, Cold War, and the Korean War.
- There are nine decks on the ship and you can climb up and down the ladders and also find out about the drowned plane in real life.
- Heading over to this place, you will get a 360-degree view of the city of London.
- Get on board this magnificent ship and get to know about the life here, past the rooms, bakery, laundry room, sick room, etc.
Location: The Queen's Walk, London SE1 2JH
Discover St. Dunstan In The East
- Visiting this stunning garden is one of the most peaceful things to do near Borough market.
- St. Dunstan in the East is known to be England’s hidden gem as it has been a Church of England Parish.
- Know more about how the church was built in the 12th century and then underwent a major reconstruction in the year 1666 after being destroyed in the Great Fire of London.
- The church was destroyed again during World War II and was never rebuilt.
- Get to see the remnants of the old construction that act as a boundary of a beautiful garden that is open to the public.
Location: St. Dunstan's Hill, London EC3R 5DD
Checkout & Book: London Transport Museum Tickets
Do Read: Hidden Places In London
Learn About Winchester Palace
- Visiting Winchester Palace is one of the most enlightening things to do near Borough market.
- Winchester Palace was built in the 12th century and was destroyed in the fire of 1814.
- Get insights about Winchester Palace and learn how it was built by Bishop Henry de Blois, a powerful bishop of the 12th century and the main purpose of building this palace was to house all the powerful bishops of Winchester.
- Explore the high-standard and luxurious palace for the bishops in the duty of royal and administrative business.
- After the fire, all that remains of the palace are the Great Hall, built on the south bank of the Thames, and the Rose Window.
Location: Clink Street, London SE1 9DG
Click Here To Book: Madame Tussaud Tickets
Know More: Things To Do In Victoria London
Explore London’s Oldest Prison
- Visit the oldest prison not only in London but in the entire United Kingdom is the Clink Prison.
- The prison was in operation for 600 years, the highest time any prison has been in operation.
- Get to go back in timelines when The Clink Prison was known to be the most notorious prison. The prison was located under the Winchester Palace and was owned and operated by the Bishop of Winchester.
- It was located on the south bank of Thames and in the most brutal and extremely criminally active area of London.
- Know how the prisoners were tortured, which sometimes resulted in paralysis and even death.
- The prison had two cells, one for men and the other for women. Getting to know the life of prisoners from the 12th to 18th century is one of the most interesting things to do near Borough market.
Location: 1 Clink Street, London, England SE1 9DG
Discover Southwark Cathedral
- Discover the Southwark Cathedral, which is an Anglican cathedral church that was built in AD 606.
- Get easy access to the church as it is just beside the Borough market and is easily accessible through the London Bridge Station.
- Discovering the gorgeous church to learn more about Gothic architecture is one of the most beautiful activities to do near Borough market.
- Once upon a time, the Southwark Cathedral was a famous landmark for the Romans.
- Learn more about how the original structure was destroyed in a fire in 1212.
- However, the remnants of the Norman culture are still visible in the form of arches at the back of the church as well as the arch doorway that is the entrance.
Location: London Bridge, London SE1 9DA
Check This: Things To Do In Kings Cross
Marvel At Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre
- If you are a fan of plays then you know that William Shakespeare’s plays are undoubtedly the best. You will get a chance to watch the legendary plays by Shakespeare at the Globe Theatre.
- Take a tour of this much loved theatre by Shakespeare as he wanted his theatre in a “wooden O”, so keeping his original theatre in mind, the Globe Theatre present today is circular with an open roof.
- Dress up according to the weather as the show goes on even if it rains, snows, or shines.
Location: 21 New Globe Walk, Bankside, London SE1 9DT
Suggested Read: Places In North West London
Stop By At Hay’s Galleria
- Hay’s Galleria is a multipurpose building on the southern bank of the Thames River close to the London Borough of Southwark.
- The building is home to many shops, offices, restaurants, etc. at the present times, but before being turned into a multi-complex, the Hay’s Galleria had a rich history.
- Originally it was a warehouse and wharf and it was where the water was, so the roof and beautiful floors you see now were not there.
- The Hay’s Wharf saw offloading of 80% of London’s dry produce. And the buildings were warehouses that were storage units of coffee beans, tea, and other things that were transported through the wharf.
Location: 1 Battle Bridge Lane, London SE1 2HP
Recommended Read: Places In South London
Explore Golden Hinde
- The Golden Hinde is a full-size replica of the Golden Hind launched in 1577.
- Know more about its privateer circumnavigation that was launched in the year 1973.
- Being the replica of the Hind, the Golden Hinde has also done circumnavigation across 140,000 miles, a distance equal to five times around the globe, and two more Atlantic crossings.
- The exquisite Golden Hinde has been moored at the St. Mary Overie Dock on the shore since 1996.
- Take a tour of the exhibition halls as it has become a museum and is a great host to school children who come dressed as captains and have a hands-on experience of the history of this legend.
Location: St Mary Overie Dock, Cathedral Street, London SE1 9DE
Do Read: Places In East London
Walk Over The Millennium bridge
- Spend your leisure hours strolling over the millennium bridge that is popularly called as Wobbly Bridge.
- Come across thousands of people crossing this bridge that connects the Southwark to the bankside of the city every single day.
- This is a bridge specifically built for pedestrians. This bridge on the Thames River was built in the year 2000 and the quality is so good that it needs little to no maintenance.
Location: Thames Embankment, London, United Kingdom
Also Read: Romantic Places In London
Admire Artwork At Tate Morden
- Admire the magical artworks at the Tate Modern which is an art gallery in London that is home to various national collections of modern contemporary art from around the world.
- Learn more about the museum that is a part of the Tate Group of museums having Tate Britain, Tate Liverpool, Tate Ives, and Tate Modern.
- Take a stroll along the galleries of Tate Modern located in the London Borough of Southwark.
- The gallery is very unique and you might come across a number of quirky things.
- Things like staircases that lead nowhere, a bottle of wine placed on a chair. The building that is used as a gallery was used as the Bankside Power Station during the second world war.
Location: 53 Bankside, Bankside SE1 9TG
Recommended Read: Instagrammable Places In London
Pay A Visit At OXO Tower
- Pay a visit to the famous OXO Tower which is one of the most important landmarks in London with your loved ones.
- Capture the stunning views from the riverside walkway part of Thames River’s Southside and Bankside areas.
- Learn about the history of The Tower that dates back to 1930.
- Capturing the view of its rusty look from the outside makes it one of the most beautiful sights in London Borough of Southwark.
- The building fell out of operation in 1970 due to repair issues. But in 1990 it went to a lease again and is in use again.
- The building is home to many fancy restaurants, contemporary designers, cafes, exhibition galleries, etc.
Location: Barge House Street, London SE1 9PH
Do Read: Beaches In London