Essential Information About Rome in August
Weather in Rome during the months of August
- The weather in Rome in August is quite hot and humid as it is still summer season during this time
- It is considered the second hottest months of the year here and hence you should go Rome in August with all the necessary precautions
- The average temperature during this time ranges between 31 degrees Celsius during the day and 19 degrees Celsius at night
- August also sees some amount of rainfall here with the average ranging between 36.8 mm to 3.3 days
- The approximate number of daylight hours that you can experience in August is around 13.9 hours
Book Now: Duomo Florence Tickets
What to Pack for Rome in August
- Carry plenty of sunscreen, sun hats, sunglasses, and sun block since most of the things to do in Rome in August involves spending time outdoors for long hours
- Pack Type-C, F, or L adapters for your electrical equipment
- Carry comfortable walking shoes as you may have to cover long distances on foot in the summer heat of the city
- In clothing items, you should pack light cotton clothes such as cotton tops/shirts, trousers, light dresses, and full sleeves blouses to avoid sunburn
- You should have scarves to cover your arms if you are wearing sleeveless tops and planning to visit one of the churches here
Book Now: Colosseum Tickets
Things to Do in Rome in August
Stroll through Villa Doria Pamphili
- Take a walking tour through this wonderful historic park especially if you are in Rome in August, when the place comes alive
- Admire the supreme beauty of the largest landscaped park in the city that originally belonged to the papal Pamphili family
- Explore the villa and its grand interiors followed by a stroll through the extensive gardens that offer natural freshness and lush greenery which is a treat for your eyes.
Location: Via di S. Pancrazio, 00152 Roma
Timings: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Also Checkout: Things To Do In Florence
Book Now: Vatican Museums Tickets
Admire the amazing Sistine Chapel
- Revel in the magnificent interiors of this famous chapel best known for the Michelangelo frescoes.
- Admire the opulent interiors of the building along with works by other world renowned artists as well such as Luca, Botticelli, and Perugino.
- Witness the location of the Pope's personal chapel which is in fact also the official papal chapel of the Vatican City.
- Enjoy the cool interiors of the chapel marveling at the spectacular works of art while also getting away from the sweltering heat if you are in Rome in August.
Location: 00120 Vatican City
Timings: 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM (Monday to Thursday)
Also Checkout: Rome Nightlife
Book Now: Sistine Chapel Guided Tour
Explore the Colosseum, a historical landmark
- Delve into the rich history of the city by visiting the Colosseum, one of the most important things to do in Rome in August
- Experience the significance of the largest amphitheater in Rome also known as Flavian Theater which is visited by several million tourists each year
- Learn about the rich cultural heritage and architectural influences of the erstwhile Flavian Dynasty who built this arena for entertainment in AD 69
- Learn exciting tales about the Colosseum’s past when famous gladiator games and events were hosted here
Location: Located just east of the Roman Forum
Timings: 9 AM to 7:15 PM every day in August
Also Checkout: Day Trips From Rome
Book Now: Colosseum Tickets
Discover Castel Sant'Angelo
- Catch sights of this beautiful fortress-turned-museum in the evening glow and against a sunset backdrop if you are visiting Rome in August.
- Learn about the rich history of the structure that was originally commissioned as a Mausoleum by Roman emperor Hadrian in the 2nd Century AD.
- Admire the spectacular bronze statue of archangel Michael that dates back to the mid eighteenth century.
- Visit each of the five floors of the building that are also reminiscent of the famous Hollywood movie Angels and Demons which was shot here.
Also Checkout: Churches In Rome
Book Now: Castel Sant Angelo Tickets
Checkout Palazzo Barberini
- Visit this world famous museum that was a 17th century palace, when you are in Rome in August
- Learn about the supreme importance of the place for housing the most critical national collection of older paintings in the city.
- Witness the beauty of individual aspects of the architecture such as the square stairwell that was designed by Gian Bernini or the oval spiral staircase by Borromini.
- Look for the striking family crest of the Barberinis which is the bee, that can be found on statues and ceilings.
Location: Located in front of the Piazza Barberini in Rione Trevi
Timings: 10 AM – 6 PM (Tuesday to Sunday)
Also Checkout: Rome Monuments
Book Now: Palazzo Vecchio Tickets
Explore the Pantheon
- Witness the mesmerizing sights of the awe-inspiring structure against the beautiful backdrop of summer evening glow if you are in Rome in August
- Visit one of the few ancient Roman buildings that stand completely intact today and showcase a temple and massive brick dome that was devoted to all the gods
- Explore the seven niches around the central space that also houses graves of famous Italian kings as well as world-renowned painter Raphael
- Admire not only the exotic architecture and external beauty of the building but also the way it represents true cultural revolution
Also Checkout: Things To Do In Rome
Book Now: Book Now: Boboli Gardens Tickets
Travel back in time at the Vatican Museums
- Dive into the rich past of the city by embarking on one of the most interesting things to do in Rome in August, visiting the Vatican Museum
- Admire the extensive art collections housed in the museum such as the works of Caravaggio, Raphael, Michelangelo, Bernini, and Da Vinci.
- Visit this museum if you are an art lover and also enjoy displays created by modern artists such as Picasso, Dali, and many more.
Location: Neat Tiber River, Vatican City
Timings: 8:30 AM - 6:30 PM (Monday to Thursday), 8:30 Am to 1:30 PM (Fridays, and Saturdays)
Also Checkout: Things To Do In Rome With Kids
Book Now: Trevi Fountain Tickets
Checkout Baths of Caracalla
- Visit one of the greatest and most spectacular thermal complexes from ancient Rome which is one of the best things to do in Rome in August.
- Revisit the great splendor of the bygone era amid the large collapsed vaults and brick walls that remain of the original Baths of Caracalla
- Learn about the interesting history of the place that goes back to the years 212 and 216 when it was built by the Emperor Caracalla
- Marvel at the architectural wonder considering the era when they were constructed and the well-engineered water supply, drainage, and heating systems in place
Timings: 9 AM – 4:30 PM (Tuesdays to Sundays)
Also Checkout: Rome Monuments
Book Now: Baths of Caracalla Tickets
Take a Trastevere Neighbourhood Walking Tour
- Explore one of the oldest and most beautiful bohemian neighborhoods in the city if you are visiting Rome in August
- Get a glimpse of the life of old working-class people on the other side of the River Tiber as you walk in the cool evening breeze
- Stroll through the narrow alleyways that also boast some of the most popular restaurants that attract a lot of visitors here
- Relish a variety of delicious local fare at the open terraced cafes that dot the entire neighborhood.
Location: Located on the southern end of Vatican
Timings: 24 hours
Also Checkout: Monuments in Rome
Book Now: Capitoline Museum Tickets
Checkout Borghese Palace & Villa Borghese
- Enjoy a trip to one of the most visited attractions in the city that boasts one of the most enviable art collection in the world if you are in Rome in August
- Witness acres of beautifully manicured gardens at the second largest public park in Rome
- Get enchanted by the unique sight where you will find a nice blend of Roman art and beautiful green landscapes
- Partake of the entertainment spots in the villa especially for children such as its museums, zoo, and options for sports activities
Location: Piazza Borghese, 9, 00186 Roma
Timings: 9 AM to 7 PM (Tuesdays to Sundays)
Also Checkout: Rome Historical Sites
Book Now: Bioparco di Roma Tickets