Shop & Eat At South Melbourne Market
- One of the best things to do in South Melbourne is Visit South Melbourne Market.
- South Melbourne Market is the essence of cosmopolitan Melbourne, a melting pot of cuisines and cultures where you can shop, eat and drink from dawn till dusk, seven days a week.
- With over 140 specialty stalls offering everything from fresh produce and artisan breads to health foods and international delicacies, there’s something for everyone at South Melbourne Market.
- And if you’re looking for a bite to eat, the Market is home to some of Melbourne’s best cafés and restaurants, serving everything from coffee and cake to gourmet fare.
Location- South Melbourne Market is located on Cecil Street, between York and Clarendon Streets, South Melbourne.
Book Now: Eureka Skydeck
Meditate At See Yup Temple
- The See Yup Temple at South Melbourne is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city.
- The temple was built in 1853 by immigrants from Guangdong Province in China and is considered to be one of the oldest Chinese temples in the country.
- It is one of the few remaining examples of Chinese architecture in Melbourne, and it is a wonderful place to relax and contemplate life.
- When you visit the See Yup Temple in South Melbourne, you'll be enveloped in the smell of incense and the sound of calming meditation music.
- The atmosphere is one of peace and serenity, perfect for anyone looking to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life.
Timings: The See Yup Temple is open to the public for meditation and prayer from Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm, and on Saturday and Sunday 9:00am to 3:00pm.
Location: The See yup temple is located at 357-359 Coventry Street, South Melbourne.
Book Now: Luna Park Tickets
Take a walk on South Melbourne Beach
- There's nothing quite like a walk along the beach to clear your head, and South Melbourne Beach offers some of the best views in Melbourne.
- Stretching for over 4 kilometres, the beach is perfect for a long walk making it a perfect thing to do in south melbourne, a game of beach cricket or simply relaxing in the sun.
- During your walk you'll have uninterrupted views of Port Phillip Bay and the city skyline, and on a clear day you can even see all the way to Mount Dandenong.
- The sand is clean and the water is safe for swimming, making South Melbourne Beach a great spot for a summer's day.
Location- It is located at the southern end of Port Phillip Bay, in the suburb of South Melbourne, Victoria.
Explore South Melbourne Town Hall
- South Melbourne Town Hall has a long and proud history as a venue for social, cultural and political events.
- The Town Hall is also home to a number of regular events, including the hugely popular South Melbourne Night Market.
- Held on the first Friday of every month, the Night Market is a great opportunity to sample some of the best food Melbourne has to offer, with over 100 stalls offering everything from gourmet pizzas and handmade pasta to Korean BBQ and Portuguese tarts.
- There's also live music, entertainment and a range of activities to do in south melbourne for kids, making it the perfect night out for the whole family.
Location- It is located at the corner of Bank Street and Park Street, in the heart of South Melbourne.
Timings- It is open to the public Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm and Saturday 10am – 4pm (not including public holidays). Admission is free.
Checkout: Melbourne Zoo Tickets
Have Fun At Skinners Adventure Playground
- Skinners Adventure Playground is a fabulous inner-city playground that has been designed to challenge and excite children of all abilities.
- The playground is fully fenced and gated and surrounded by established shady trees, making it the perfect place for a picnic or a play.
- There are plenty of things to do in south melbourne Adventure playground to keep the kids entertained, including a flying fox, swings, monkey bars, slides, a sandpit, water play and much more.
- The playground is also disability-friendly, with wheelchair-accessible equipment and an all-abilities toilet.
Location- It is located at 324-328 St Kilda St, Melbourne VIC 3205, Australia.
Timings- The playground is open every day from 10am-4pm and is located on the corner of Park and Bank Streets, South Melbourne. There is no entry fee.
Book Now: Hot Air Ballooning In Melbourne