Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Take in the panoramic views of Melbourne from up high with a hot air balloon ride which is one of the top adventure things to do in Melbourne.
- Move majestically in the air through the skies, feel the thrill and take in the bird’s eye view of some of the city's iconic landmarks like the Yarra River, Daylesford, and more.
Location: Several hot air balloons fly over Yarra River, Flinders Street Station, and Eureka Tower.
Timing: different time slots between 12 pm to 9 pm
Entry Fee: Starts at $400 for an adult and $300 for a child.
Read More: Best Places To Visit In Australia
Book Now: Eureka Skydeck
- If you're looking to satiate your adrenaline rush, skydiving is one of the perfect adventure activities in Melbourne for you!
- Make your heart pounding as you take the leap and freefall from almost a height of 15,000 ft.
- Opt for a basic training before you go for a freefall for about 60 seconds before your parachute deploys.
- Take the birds eye view of the city from up above in the sky and experience goosebumps in your body.
Location: near St Kilda, Australia.
Timing: 9 am to 5 pm
Entry Fee: around $300 for a tandem skydive
Suggested Read: Best Things To Do In Australia
Book Now: Luna Park Tickets
- Ziplining is one of the best adventure activities to do in Melbourne that is done with utmost safety and under the guidance of trained professionals.
- One can go ziplining amidst the lush green rainforests of Melbourne and unwind in the lap of nature.
- Take out three to four hours of time to indulge in this activity and take yourself on new levels of excitement and adventure.
Location: 360 Phillips Track, Weeaproinah VIC 3250, Australia
Timing:10:15 AM or 1:00 PM
Entry Fee: around AUD 113 for adults.
Also Checkout: Theme Parks In Australia
- Ice skating is one of the most popular adventure activities in Melbourne whether you want to embrace the winters or sway off the summers.
- Choose from a plethora of ice rinks around the city, including the outdoor rink at Federation Square and IceHq.
- Ice skating is something which can be enjoyed with people of every age while giving them the experience of thrill.
Location: Olympic Ice centre, O'Brien Icehouse, and IceHq.
Entry Fee: Average fee for adults is $32.90, and for a child under eight years is approx $17.90.
Do Checkout: Australia National Parks
- Whether you're a seasoned kayaker or a first-time paddler, sea kayaking is one of the great adventure activities in Melbourne to explore Melbourne's coastline.
- Folat in a boat and pass by some of the city’s iconic landmarks by sea kayaking.
- Paddle, relax and unwind with the stunning views of nature and surroundings
- Expand your horizon, leap in and try this ancient form of exploration
Location: St. Kilda, Point Nepean, Phillip Island, etc.
Entry Fee: Entry fees for sea kayaking vary depending on the location, however, you can expect to pay around AUD 100/person.
Also Read: Monuments in Australia
- Snorkeling is a great way to explore the underwater world and get up close and personal with its amazing marine life.
- Get yourself dressed up in the snorkelling suit with all the gears, put up on a mask and embark on a journey of underwater exploration in Melbourne.
- Try Snorkeling in some of the famous locations such as Merri Marine Sanctuary, St Leonards Pier, Kitty Miller Bay and more.
- Try and plan your snorkelling session during the summer months when the water is warm and the visibility is good.
- Enjoy this adventure activity away from the bustle of the city and see first-hand the magic, sheer diversity and colour that abounds.
Checkout: Melbourne Zoo Tickets
Treetop Adventure at Otway
- Located in the Otway Ranges, Treetop walk is one of the exhilarating adventure things to do in Melbourne.
- This adventure park features over 600 metre-long and 25 to 30 metre-high elevated walkway that makes it perfect for thrill seekers of all ages.
- Parking in this activity 's a great way to get an adrenaline rush and see the beautiful scenery of Melbourne from up high.
Location: Phillips Track Beech Forest, Weeaproinah VIC 3237, Australia.
Timing: 10 am to 5 pm.
Entry Fee: $25 per adult, Child (3-15 years)- $21.50. Guests who are under the age of 3 years get free entry.
Read More: Things To Do In Melbourne This Weekend
Witness Amazing Illusions At ArtVo
- Exploring the different rooms and witnessing amazing optical illusions inside ArtVo that will trick their eyes are one of the adventure activities to do in Melbourne.
- Visitors can immerse themselves in a variety of mind-bending 3D paintings, making for a truly unique and memorable experience.
- Each room has a different theme, such as underwater or outer space, and each one is filled with beautiful artwork.
Location: Shop NCF, 07 Level/1 26 Star Cres, Docklands VIC 3008, Australia
Timing: ArtVo is open 7 days a week from 10 am to 6 pm.
Entry Fee: Adult- $30.00 & Child (5 to 15 years) - approx $20
Suggested Read: Water Parks In Melbourne
- If you're looking for an adrenaline-pumping activity in Melbourne, go-karting is one of the best adventure things to do in Melbourne for you.
- Different levels and speeds of the karting experience will evoke a sense of excitement among the participants.
- If you're looking to add an extra element of excitement, then you must try karting at the tracks that offer night racing.
Location: Le Mans, CBD, Ace Karts, Auscarts Racing, Karting Madness, etc
Entry Fee: Prices vary depending on the track and the length of time you want to race, but you can expect to pay around $30 for a standard race.
Do Read: Beaches In Melbourne
Go On A Ghost Tour
- You can explore some of the city's most haunted locations and hear stories of the paranormal activity that has been reported there.
- These tours take you to some of the most haunted places in the city, and you never know what you might see.
- The guides are very knowledgeable about the history of each location, and they always have a few stories to share about the hauntings.
Location: You can take this tour at McKillop St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia.
Timing: 10 am to 5 pm.
Entry Fee: approx $23.06 for the 1.5-hour tour.
Read More: Melbourne Theme Parks
Book Now: Hot Air Ballooning In Melbourne