Activity Location: Rijksmuseum, Museumstraat 1, 1071 XX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Activity Timings: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Activity Duration: 4-5 Hours
About the Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam:
Explore one of Amsterdam's most visited destinations, the Rijksmuseum which is a captivating cultural treasure trove that showcases the rich history of the Netherlands. Walk through different sections housing an extensive collection of over 8,000 masterpieces, ranging from iconic paintings to intricate sculptures and historical artefacts. See the iconic paintings by well-known artists like Rembrandt, Vermeer, Frans Hals, and Jan Steen. Engage in interactive exhibits equipped with multimedia installations providing you with a fascinating insight into Dutch art, history & culture. Book tickets to Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam and experience the grandeur of the Golden Age artistry which has now evolved to the contemporary expressions of today.
Rijksmuseum Location: Rijksmuseum, Museumstraat 1, 1071 XX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Rijksmuseum Operational Timings: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Note: The Rijksmuseum Gardens, Rijks Shop, and Café are also open to visitors without a ticket from 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Duration: 4-5 Hours
About Rijksmuseum Tickets:
Explore one of Amsterdam's most visited destinations, the Rijksmuseum, where you can see a collection of artworks famous all around the globe. Walk through different sections of the museum to see the iconic paintings by well-known artists like Rembrandt, Vermeer, Frans Hals, and Jan Steen. Stop by the one-of-a-kind painting that bursts its artist Van Gogh into tears watching it displayed at the museum 'The Jewish Brid'. By booking the Rijksmuseum Amsterdam tickets see the best some of the ancient sculptures and artworks like still-life paintings, biblical themes, portraits, and more.
Explore Anne Frank House
- Discovering one of history’s most important sites with its secret rooms and staircases which is also a tragic reminder of the terrors of WWII is one of the best things to do in Amsterdam this weekend.
- Admire mankind’s spirit of tireless optimism as you go through the rooms of the house where famous writer Anne Frank lived with her Jewish family in hiding from the Nazis for two years.
- Get inspired by the experiences of the young survivor who wrote about her trials in the inspiring book The Diary of a Young Girl
- Location: Prinsengracht 263, Amsterdam
- Price: Adult - approx EUR 9; Child - approx EUR 4.50
Timing: April through October: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
November through March - 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Activity Location: Museumplein 6, 1071 DJ Amsterdam, Netherlands
Activity Timings: 9:00 AM- 6:00 PM
Activity Duration: 2 hours (approx.)
About Van Gogh Museum:
Visit this famous Dutch art museum in Amsterdam and marvel at the world's largest art collection of Van Gogh, a renowned Dutch painter. Admire the amazing blend of art, culture & history as you explore various exhibits in the museum. Roam around various areas and marvel at 500 drawings, 200 paintings & 750 letters made by this famous Dutch artist. See some amazing paintings including Sunflowers, The Bedroom, & the Self Portrait, and get to know about his significant contribution to 19th-century art. Listen to the interesting narrations from a multilingual audio tour and gain some insights into Van Gogh's ways of working. Book tickets for Van Gogh Museum and admire his contemporaries including Monet & Gauguin.
Take Trip To The Windmills of Holland
- If you are looking for the most interesting things to do in Amsterdam this weekend, then take a trip to the Windmills of Holland.
- Hop aboard a train to Zaandijk and stroll through charming pathways along quaint cottages to see the beautiful windmills.
- Carry a picnic basket with you and sit by the water’s edge watching the calming sights of the windmills on a balmy afternoon.
- Learn about the various functions of windmills, including moving water, crushing grain, and sawing wood.
- Location: Suiker Plein 51, 1013 CJ Amsterdam
Cruise Down The Canal By Boat
- If you are still pondering upon what to do in Amsterdam this weekend, then head out on a relaxing cruise along the 400-year-old waterways.
- Enjoy sights of the quaint Dutch bridges and the cozy beer cafes and ethnic restaurants that line the water’s edge.
- Renting a low-lying boat and gliding down the canal watching the amazing city pass by, is certainly one of the most calming things to do in Amsterdam this weekend.
- Make the best memories of your Amsterdam trip by exploring Amsterdam's UNESCO protected canal ring.
- Location: Amsterdam, North-Holland, Netherlands
- Price: 19.95 Euro approximately for a 1-hour bat ride
- Timing: 11 AM – 7 PM
Way Through the Bloemenmarkt
- Delight at the sight of some of the most exotic and vibrantly colored flowers as you cruise through the famous Bloemenmarkt in Amsterdam.
- Feast your eyes on views of bright yellow daffodils, roses in all imaginable hues, and purple lilies as you choose one of the top things to do in Amsterdam this weekend.
- Intoxicate your senses by the sweet fragrance that dominated the market, commonly known as the flower market, all year around.
- Pick out a carefully made bouquet with exotic flowers for your loved one from here.
- Location: Singel, 1012 DH Amsterdam
- Timing: 9 AM – 5:30 PM (Monday to Saturday), 11:30 AM – 5:30 PM (Sunday)
Starting Location: Oudezijds Voorburgwal 88, 1012 GG Amsterdam, Netherlands
Starting Timings: According to your preferred time
Activity Duration: 2 hours (Approx.)
About Amsterdam Red Light District Walking Tour:
Take a walk around the Red Light District of the city where you will get to know the deep history behind the sex workers in the area. Explore the narrow alleys along with some erotic theatres and coffee shops during the tour. Plus, you can embark on the tour at your convenience without any time boundaries. Simply download the audio track and delve into the journey while listening to the informative audio. Book your package and get ready for the unique tour.
Explore Escape Room
- Enjoy this interesting activity in which you get to solve exciting riddles and puzzles and ranks top among the fun things to do in Amsterdam at night.
- Exhilarate in the thrill of solving puzzles that will get you your key to a unique escape room such as Sherlocked and Aftermath or Locked in Amsterdam.
- Make the most of your time here irrespective of your role you are given and follow your goal which is to get out as quick as you can! Try different roles such as a wizard trying to get their wands back, a detective looking for the missing bride, or even a Dutchman trying to steal Captain Davy Jones’ treasure.
Also Checkout: Amsterdam Walking Tour
Book Now: Anne Frank House Tickets
Starting Timing: 12:15 PM
Activity Duration: 45 minutes (approx.)
Location: De Ruijterkade 150, 1011 AC Amsterdam, Netherlands
About Glow In Dark Mini Golf in Amsterdam:
Embark on this unique experience in Amsterdam where you can play mini-golf in the dark while being amazed by the vibrant glows all around the corner. Visit the Pirates and Villain-themed section and explore the fun ambiance. Doesn't matter if you are old or young, whether you have to host an office party or a get-together party, this place is perfect for all.
Starting Timing: 2:00 PM
Activity Duration: 1.5 hours (approx.)
Roller Dreams WONDR: Meeuwenlaan 88, 1021 JK Amsterdam, Netherlands
About Roller Dreams WONDR Experience, Amsterdam:
Bring your friends to this experience to have a fun time while enjoying a skating session in the 80s theme style. Take in the illuminating ambiance and stay surrounded by some glitter and neon lights. Buy some cool drinks here and dance around with your friends on the glittering dance floor of the attraction.
Take a Ride on the Ferry
- Make some lasting memories by opting to take a ferry ride, one of the most entertaining things to do this weekend in Amsterdam.
- Sail through your favorite parts of the spectacular city by choosing one of the various ferry routes, completely free of charge.
- Enjoy mesmerizing sights of the city’s skyline from the surface of the water as you zip across the River IJ from one end of the town to the other.
- Pick from routes such as Amsterdam Central Station to Buiksloterweg or Central Station to IJplein and see famous attractions such as the Eye Filmmuseum and Tolhuistuin.
Location: Located directly behind the Amsterdam Central Station
- Bus- 9:30 AM - 5:15 PM
- Frequency: Every 20 minutes
- Boat- 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Frequency: Every 30 minutes
Duration: Duration depends on your itinerary.
About the Hop On Hop Off Amsterdam Boat and Bus Pass:
Explore the prominent landmarks of Amsterdam by opting for this package. Take a tour of this beautiful city at your own pace by hopping on and off a boat and bus. An opportunity for you to customize this whole trip according to your convenience and visit only those attractions that you want to explore.
Explore Gassan Diamonds Tour
- Gassan Diamonds is one of the things to do in Amsterdam for free as it offers a free tour of their facilities, during which you'll learn all about the diamond-cutting process.
- You'll also get to see some of the world's most famous diamonds up close, including the Hope Diamond and the Koh-i-Noor.
- Afterwards, you can browse the on-site diamond store, where you'll find an impressive selection of loose diamonds and finished jewellery.
- Whether you're in the market for a new piece of jewellery or just want to window shop, Gassan Diamonds is a great place to spend an hour or two.
Location: Nieuwe Uilenburgerstraat 173-175, 1011 LN Amsterdam, Netherlands
Also Checkout a Detailed Guide to Visit: Heineken Experience Tickets
Stroll at Vondelpark
- Set out on a relaxing stroll through the largest city park in Amsterdam if you have been thinking what to do in Amsterdam this weekend.
- Enjoy a free concert that is organized here from time to time, at the open-air theatre or at the park's bandstand.
- Explore the park’s other attractions such as the statue of the poet Vondel, the cast iron music dome, the Groot Melkhuis with playground for children and the historical Pavilion with its restaurant Vertigo.
- Location: located in the city center, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Timing: 9 AM – 8 PM
Check out Amsterdam Tulip Museum
- Walk through beautiful rows of Holland’s most famous flowers if you are thinking about some of the most fun things to do this weekend in Amsterdam.
- Learn about the history of the flower right from its first discovery to the various ways in which it is represented today through special photographs, videos, and beautifully designed scenes.
- Experience the beauty of these delicate flowers and a range of variations at the museum even if you miss the famous Tulip Gardens that remain open only part of the year.
- Location: Prinsengracht 116 1015 EA Amsterdam
- Price: Euro 5, Euro 3 (students)
Timing: 10 AM – 6 PM