Marveling at the Street Art
- Wallow in the awe-inspiring street art that this creative city displays especially in the Spuistraat areas.
- Marvel at the most interesting yet cheap fun things to do in Amsterdam by witnessing the works by hundreds of local artists. These art are not limited to graffiti but also involve bike decorations, decorations on the walls of local libraries, and myriad other tiny objects.
- Delight in the sights of the happily colored buildings particularly the famous Vrankrijk, with fun artwork brilliantly splashed all over it.
Also Checkout: Amsterdam Walking Tour
Book Now: Van Gogh Museum Tickets
Take a Boat Tour
- Hop on a boat or cruise down the serene waterways that crisscross the entire city, if you are looking for the best fun things to do in Amsterdam.
- Choose from one of the most exciting boat cruises on offer such as a cruise with dinner, sightseeing cruises, romantic cruises, or a luxury cruise, among others.
- Learn some of the most interesting facts about the most iconic landmarks of the city you pass them by from the audio guides that feature on the boats.
Also Checkout: Places To Visit In Amsterdam
Book Now: Artis Zoo Tickets
Cruise through the canals
- Embark on a journey which is perhaps the best fun thing to do in Amsterdam by taking a cruise along the canals, one of the greatest attractions of the city.
- Enjoy watching the city’s exquisite skyline from the surface of the water, learn interesting facts about it and explore Amsterdam's UNESCO protected canal ring as well.
- Explore the history and culture apart from the landscape of the city which seems even more magical when seen from a boat, on these tours that usually last about an hour.
Also Checkout: Things To Do In Amsterdam
Book Now: Upside Down Amsterdam
Get drunk at a Pub Crawl
- Party hard with the mad crowd of Amsterdam and feel the vibrant energy of pubs up and close which is the fun things to do in Amsterdam at night.
- Set foot in some of the coolest clubs in the city to explore their exotic nightlife and party scene in either the Leidseplein Square route or De Wallen area and enjoy free vodka shots during the happy hours.
- Wallow in the local experience as you explore Amsterdam’s party spirit and get a chance to meet like-minded people especially if you are a solo traveler.
Also Checkout: Museums In Amsterdam
Book Now: Amaze Amsterdam
Spend a day in Haarlem
- Visit the scenic village of Haarlem that lies on the city’s western edge near the coastline which is one of the cheap fun things to do in Amsterdam.
- Head to the cozy beach bars nearby and unwind in the cool atmosphere with a refreshing drink or explore the numerous shops, cafes, and restaurants in the area.
- Enjoy a trip to the oldest museum in the Netherlands and witness the various historic buildings at the Grote Markt located in the heart of Haarlem.
- Take a tour of a 19th century concert hall and a guided visit of the Molen de Adriaan, a windmill which is quite close to the town center.
Location: Located outside of Amsterdam in the northwest Netherlands.
Also Checkout: Amsterdam Nightlife
Book Now: Straat Museum Tickets
Join a Fun Bike Tour
- Joining a bike tour is one of the best ways to explore the city, which is also among the most cheap fun things to do in Amsterdam.
- Join the hourly bike tours with a local guide and go around the highlights of the city like the canals, markets, church, the famous Jordaan District, and much more.
- Learn much about this historic city as well as fascinating facts about some of its iconic sites like the Anne Frank House from your guide accompanying you.
Do a city-wide scavenger hunt
- Venture out on a scavenger hunt which is not only one of the most ideal ways to explore the city but also the best fun things to do in Amsterdam.
- Traverse through the famous locales in the city including its most renowned museums and other historical sites in an unconventional manner.
- See the highlights of the city in a unique way that combines a walking tour and a scavenger hunt at your own pace in the interactive and self-guided tour.
Explore Escape Room
- Enjoy this interesting activity in which you get to solve exciting riddles and puzzles and ranks top among the fun things to do in Amsterdam at night.
- Exhilarate in the thrill of solving puzzles that will get you your key to a unique escape room such as Sherlocked and Aftermath or Locked in Amsterdam.
- Make the most of your time here irrespective of your role you are given and follow your goal which is to get out as quick as you can! Try different roles such as a wizard trying to get their wands back, a detective looking for the missing bride, or even a Dutchman trying to steal Captain Davy Jones’ treasure.
Also Checkout: Amsterdam Walking Tour
Book Now: Anne Frank House Tickets
Stroll through the Vondelpark
- Spend time relaxing and rejuvenating in the cool shaded park right in the heart of the city that offers the best cheap fun things to do in Amsterdam.
- Spend quality time with your loved ones by going for a picnic on a warm afternoon to the expansive park and enjoy a variety of outdoor activities.
- Enjoy cycling through the lush green pathways or have fun watching an open air theater, comedy show, musical performance, or any other special event that is organized here from time to time.
Book Now: Eye Film Museum Tickets
Visit Ripley’s Believe It or Not
- Enter the world of the bizarre and the unbelievable, and witness a mind-boggling collection of scientific, artistic, natural, and human oddities.
- Take this opportunity to explore the one and only space tunnel in the Netherlands, housed in this imposing five-story building.
- Witness the amazing way the museum blends the essence of ancient civilizations and modern day art in order to safeguard them for future generations.
- Learn interesting stories about extraordinary people, world travelers, and curious explorers who collected these rare art pieces.
Book Now: This Is Holland Tickets