Popular Rishikesh Packages
Rishikesh Tour Packages
|Haridwar Rishikesh Tour Package||3 Days / 2 Nights||₹ 11500.0|
|Auli Tour Package from Delhi||5 Days / 4 Nights||₹ 18500.0|
|Haridwar Rishikesh Dehradun Mussoorie Tour From Delhi||5 Days / 4 Nights||₹ 18000.0|
|Romantic Getaway to Uttarakhand||6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 34500.0|
|Rishikesh Tour Package with Camping||3 Days / 2 Nights||₹ 16500.0|
Rishikesh PackagesRishikesh Tour Packages - Explore the best offers on Rishikesh trip packages at Thrillophilia. Book customizable Rishikesh packages with exciting deals & offers.
Explore some amazing offers for a trip to the ‘Adventure Capital of India’-Rishikesh, which is adorned with lush greens, rich flora-fauna, mighty mountains, gushing river, majestic valleys, historical temples, ancient monuments, antique taste, colorful markets, and much more. You could be traveling as a devotee or as an adventure freak. You could be on your honeymoon or with family. The trip could be planned with friends or alone. May what it be, Rishikesh will qualify as the ultimate travel destination every time. Thrillophilia knows this and so it has brought an array of Rishikesh tour packages to suit all kinds of your needs. Not just booking tickets, we serve you with a complete package of fun where you can enjoy the trip carefreely.
With our Rishikesh packages, you can reserve a seat for various adventure sports like river rafting, cliff jumping, rock climbing, etc and skip waiting in the long never-ending queues. We understand the value of your time, money and interest and we would like to utilize every bit of the said things. With our Rishikesh holidays packages, you would not get stuck with any unwanted activity because Thrillophilia gives you the chance to customize your very own Rishikesh trip and with that, you can pick everything you are interested in and pay for only that. We bring various options for you to choose from. If you are short on time then we also have short Rishikesh tour packages where you can cut short your trip and choose the activities you would want to engage in. Thrillophilia understands every traveler’s requirement and hence these packages will definitely fit into your trip. We understand the importance of your comfortable stay, good food and ease at conveyance, hence we are taking care of it so that you don’t need to worry about these things and can spend a breezy Rishikesh trip.
With a lot of customized Rishikesh tour packages, you can do everything you love. You can camp at riverside, beach or wherever you want and do rafting alone or can club it with any of your favorite adventure sport or do all of the sports to feed your adrenaline hunger. You can even go camping under stars with your loved one or explore more of our Rishikesh packages for couple to make your visit count. Moreover, to make your Rishikesh Holidays more exciting we have treacherous treks to Chandrashila, Valley of Flowers, Roopkund and much more. With flashy packages and provoking deals, the offers you get on Thrillophilia are no less than a steal. We invite you to book one of your significant tour with us and utilize every single penny you spend.
Places to Visit on Rishikesh Tour:
1. Lakshman Jhula: One of the most popular hanging bridges across the river Ganga, Lakshman Jhula is cradled between two scenic villages, namely, Jonk village and Tapovan Village. This 450-meter long bridge is made up of iron and is suspended at an elevation of 70 feet above the river.
In addition to its touristy significance, the bridge has also gained worldwide recognition for its mythological importance. According to the ancient folk tales, Lakshman Jhula is the same place at which Lord Ram and Lakshman crossed the Ganges river. If you are an ardent fan of mythology, Lakshman Jhula deserves a special place in your Rishikesh tour package.
2. Ram Jhula: If you wish to catch some of the best glimpses of Rishikesh sightseeing, a visit to this iconic suspension bridge is unmissable. Nestled on the banks of pious Ganga, Ram Jhula is a famous pilgrimage centre among locals and vacationers alike. Serving as a link between Swargashram and Sivananda Nagar, this bridge is a perfect spot for people who admire long walks amidst the scenic landscapes.
Even if you are not willing to travel by foot, you can traverse the bridge on a bike or bicycle. In addition to the surreal views of Rishikesh city, the bridge has gained popularity due to the presence of several temples and religious shrines alongside it which are all included in your Rishikesh tour package.
3. Parmarth Niketan Ashram: Perched on the laps of majestic Himalayas, Parmarth Niketan Ashram is one of the most iconic spots in the Rishikesh tour package. The ashram marks its existence since 1942 and is mainly specialized in all the traditional ayurvedic treatments and yoga practices.
With its spacious rooms, lush green garden, and serene surroundings, it has emerged as one of the most peaceful refuge for devotees, as well as, patients. From regular Satsang to yoga sessions and meditation prayers, there are bountiful activities that are conducted here for the well-being of the visitors. For all those vacationers who are looking for a quick escape from the bustling city life, Parmarth Niketan Ashram is an apt shelter.
4. Triveni Ghat: One of the most magnificent places to visit on the Rishikesh tour, Triveni Ghat forms the convergence point of three holy rivers, namely, Yamuna, Ganges, and Saraswati. A large number of devotees flock to this place throughout the year to take a holy dip in the Ghat and reach one step closer to salvation.
As you will usher into the Ghat, you will be captivated by the mild fragrance of flowers, holy chants, and illuminating earthen lamps. If you wish to make the most out of your Triveni Ghat trip, visit here during the Maha-Arti and be a live spectator to this holy ceremony.
5. Beatles Ashram: If you are an ardent Beatle band fan, you can't leave Rishikesh without paying a visit to this old-age ashram. Earlier known as Chaurasi Kutia, this ashram got undivided attention from tourists after the Beatle band took a stay here in the year 1986. During their stay, the band members indulged in meditation exercises and composed several hit songs.
Though the place is mostly frequented by peace seekers and nature-buffs, it is also a great Rishikesh tour package sightseeing spot for history buffs. The dome-shaped structure of the ashram, its intricate graffiti work, and the captivating painting of Beatle band members form the major highlights of this place. With its tranquilizer vibe and scenic surroundings, the ashram is truly worth visiting for all those people who are visiting Rishikesh in a quest for peace.
6. Gita Bhavan: Surrounded by the mystical Himalayan ranges and the pious river Ganga, Gita Bhavan is another must-visit place in the Rishikesh tour package that attracts peace-seekers and devotees alike. Whether you wish to get an insight into the rich Hindu culture or you are willing to tranquilize your mind with some meditation practices, this large complex has got answers for everything.
The complex serves as an institute where the refugees participate in regular prayers & meditation and relish pure-vegetarian food at a minimal price. In addition to this, it also has a dispensary that offers free Ayurvedic treatments to the patients.
7. Neelkanth Mahadev Temple: Situated at a distance of 32 Km from Rishikesh, this Lord Shiva temple stands as a pride of the city. The holy abode is enveloped between dense forests and hilly ranges of Nar Narayan and forms the confluence point of river Madhumati and Pankaja. The charm of the temple increases manifolds during the Shivratri and Shrawan festival when a large number of devotees throng the spot to express their gratitude to mighty Lord Shiva.
Apart from its religious significance, the Neelkanth Mahadev temple is also known for its impeccable architecture and natural surroundings that encompass mighty hills and valleys. If you wish to add a dash of adventure to your Rishikesh tour package, trek your way up to the temple and vouch for a scenic journey ahead.
8. Shivpuri: Popularly known as the Mecca of river rafting, Shivpuri is located at a distance of 20 Km from Rishikesh. This tranquil destination is complete with dense jungles, spectacular mountains, and bountiful adventure sports. While river rafting here on your way towards the Ramjhula, you will get to witness several river rapids including a roller coaster, return to sender, clubhouse, golf course, and Hilton.
If you want to keep up your adventure voyage, don't forget to indulge yourself in some other adventure sports too like jungle trekking, beach camping, forest walks, and mountaineering. Despite being a popular adventure hub that it is, Shivpuri offers you a golden opportunity to unwind and connect with your inner self.
9. Neer Garh Waterfall: A hidden treasure in the hilly town of Rishikesh, Neer Garh Waterfall is an amalgam of three beautiful waterfalls. As you will approach this spectacular site, be ready to be amazed at the impeccable view of water falling from an altitude of 25 feet and plunging into the river stream.
To reach this stunning site, you have to hike your way through the forest trails for about 15 minutes. If you are planning a small picnic with your family, don't forget to carry some food, water, and mat along with yourself. You can also bring your binoculars to get a bird's eye view of the adjoining valley.
10. Rajaji National Park: Reckoned as both a national park and tiger reserve, Rajaji National Park welcomes you with verdant views of Shivalik ranges and a huge variety of flora and fauna. The park features around 11 tigers, 250 leopards, and 600 elephants who are well-kept in the natural environment.
In addition to its vibrant fauna, the park also intrigues its visitors with an exotic flora that includes flowering trees like Pipal, Acacia, Chilla, Amaldas, and Shorea. If you want to delve deep into the rich flora & fauna of Rajaji National Park on your Rishikesh vacation, embark on a jeep safari and admire the raw beauty of this tiger reserve.
Things to Do in Rishikesh:1. Hike your way towards the Kunjapuri Devi Temple: Nestled atop the Kunjapuri hill, this temple is a sacred Hindu worship spot dedicated to Goddess Parvathi. In addition to being one of the 52 Shakti Peethas in Uttarakhand, this temple is also known for its awe-striking landscapes that cover the panoramic Shivalik range and glorious peaks of Bandarpunch and Chaukhamba.
For all those tourists who wish to bask in nature's glory, Kunjapuri Devi Temple is a one-stop destination on the Rishikesh tour package.
2. Enjoy river rafting in the holy river Ganga: River rafting over the holy Ganga is truly a once in a lifetime kind of experience. From the raw beauty of Ganges to the top-notch assistance by the trainers, this place has just the best things to offer.
With the best river rafting Rishikesh packages, you will be guided by certified operators who not only impart you with all the rafting skills but also take care of your safety. With basic amenities like food, water and rafting kit being taken care of, you can vouch for a stress-free tour.
3. Pay a visit to Bharat Mandir: Rishikesh city has a plethora of religious spots where you can offer your prayers to God, as well as, find solace in nature. If you are on the lookout for such a place in your Rishikesh tour package, don't leave Rishikesh without visiting Bharat Mandir.
Dating back its existence since the 12th century, Bharat Mandir houses a massive Lord Vishnu statue carved out of Saligram. The inner canopy of the temple comprises Shree Yantra. On your visit to this temple, you can also find several old statues, coins, and ancient pots which were found during the excavation.
4. Admire the Surreal Views of Himalayan Foothills on a Flying Fox Tour: Have you ever imagined the fun of admiring the Himalayan landscape from the top? If yes, then indulge yourself in the fun-packed activity of zip lining on your Rishikesh trip and listen to the rustling wind as you make your way towards the end of the rope.
Though this nerve-wracking sport will take you through several daunting moments, the thrill that it will offer in the end is incomparable. As you will glide on the 1 Km long zip line at the speed of 160 kmph, be ready to be amused with the panoramic views of Himalayan ranges and the pristine Ganga river.
5. Experience the Thrill of Cliff Jumping: Another thrilling activity to experience on your Rishikesh tour package, cliff jumping will set your adrenaline racing in no time. The activity is mostly practised when you are either swimming in the Ganges or heading for a rafting tour.
The fun of jumping down in the river from a heightened cliff is something that can't be put into words. While trying out this adventure sport, you don't need to be worried about your safety as you will be accompanied by an instructor to climb up the rock. If you are looking for some fun activities to push your adventure limits on a Rishikesh trip, cliff jumping is a worthwhile experience.
6. Emabark on a trek to Jadh Ganga: With its gushing streams, an awe-inspiring landscape, and pristine glaciers, Jadh Ganga is truly heaven on earth. The region has managed to maintain its rawness and serenity despite witnessing a huge influx of travellers throughout the year and it is one of the best things to include in your Rishikesh trip package.
Considered as one of the most difficult treks in Uttarakhand, Jadh Ganga trek takes you through scenic spots like Maga, Tirpani, Do Sindhu, and Saraswati Taal before concluding at Badrinath Temple. If you wish to blend some adventure into your Rishikesh trip, head for this strenuous trek and return with a bundle of memories.
7. De-stress Yourself with a Relaxing Ayurvedic Massage: A long day of sightseeing might leave your body jammed and tired. So, it is always a better option to include an Ayurvedic massage centre visit in your Rishikesh tour package.
With popular centres like Hemadri, Ananda, Braham Yoga, and Ayurveda Bhavan in its reserve, Rishikesh is an ultimate hub of therapeutic healing and massage treatments. The massage treatments in these centres are available in different budgets and you can choose the one that suits your needs.
8. Explore the Scenic Village of Byasi: If small scenic villages have always intrigued you, you can't miss out on this quaint hamlet located on the banks of Ganga river. Situated at a distance of 30 Km from Rishikesh, Byasi is a small village widely known as a flourishing water sports and adventure tourism destination.
From its virgin landscapes to pristine rivers, and camping destinations, Byasi village has everything that makes it a tourist's magnet. If you are too tired to embark on a hiking trip in Rishikesh, go for a camping tour in Byasi and spend a night on the white sands of this region.
How to reach Rishikesh?
- By Air: Situated at a distance of 35 Km, Jolly Grant airport in Dehradun is the nearest airport to Rishikesh. To reach Rishikesh by air, you can board one of the daily flights operated by Jet Airways, Spice Jet or Air India from New Delhi. In addition to this, you can also catch a flight from Lucknow to Dehradun. After reaching the airport, you can either hire a taxi or opt for a public transport bus from Dehradun to Rishikesh.
- By Train: Just 25 Kilometers away from Rishikesh, Haridwar is the nearest railhead which is well-connected to all the major cities like Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, and Lucknow. If you prefer to cover your journey via train, it is advisable to board a train for Haridwar. Once you arrive at Haridwar, you can either hire a cab or opt for the bus journey to Rishikesh.
- By Bus: Being the most frequently visited tourist destination, Rishikesh shares good bus connectivity with its neighbouring cities including Dehradun, Haridwar, and New Delhi. You can catch a bus early in the morning from Kashmere Gate, New Delhi and reach Rishikesh well within the time.
Best time to Visit Rishikesh:
1. Summer: The months from March to June mark the summer season in Rishikesh. During this time, the city experiences hot and humid weather. However, if water activities and sightseeing are your major focus, summer is an ideal time for you to plan your Rishikesh visit as it is during this season when the snow melts and water sports are in full swing.
2. Monsoon: If you are eager to witness the natural beauty of Rishikesh, it is advisable to plan your Rishikesh sightseeing tour in the monsoon months. In the months between July and September, Rishikesh witnesses cool as well as humid weather.
The river starts gushing with water and the lush green surroundings add to the charm of this place. With hotel prices going down in the rainy season, you can vouch for a budget holiday in Rishikesh.
3. Winter: The months from November to February mark the winter season in Rishikesh. In the winters, the city experiences spine-chilling weather making it a less suitable time for the vacation. However, if you look forward to indulging in camping and river rafting, winter months might be the best time for you to visit Rishikesh.
Go through with the wide range of Rishikesh holiday packages from different cities like: Rishikesh Tour Package From Delhi, Rishikesh Tour Package From Mumbai, Rishikesh Tour Package From Chennai, Rishikesh Tour Package From Kolkata, Rishikesh Tour Package From Hyderabad, Rishikesh Tour Package From Pune, Rishikesh Tour Package From Kerala, Rishikesh Tour Package From Surat, Rishikesh Tour Package From Vadodara.
People Also Ask About Rishikesh Tours
Which are the best Rishikesh tour packages?Here are the best Rishikesh trip packages:
1. Haridwar Rishikesh Dehradun Mussoorie Tour Package @ Flat 17% Off
What are the adventure sports that one can do on Rishikesh tour?
Here is the list of best adventure sports one can do on Rishikesh trip:
1. Trekking: For all those adventure lovers who wish to put their endurance limit to test, trekking amidst the majestic Himalayan ranges is a must-try activity. From Panch Kedar to Chandrashila and Gaumukh Nandanvan, there are bountiful scenic trails in Rishikesh which can offer you a soul-stirring experience.
2. Air Safari: If you enjoy activities like paragliding and hot air ballooning, air safari is something that will bring a lot of joy to you. Regarded as one of the most enthralling things to do in Rishikesh, an air safari ride offers you an experience of sailing in the air like a bird and relishing the bird's eye view of irresistible Himalayan ranges from the top.
3. Paragliding: Who won't love to fly like a bird in an open sky and admire the panoramic vistas of Himalaya? One of the key highlights of Rishikesh tourism, paragliding is one such activity which will help you realize this dream without compromising on your safety. You don't need to be a trained paraglider to ace this air sport as you will be accompanied by an expert tandem on this joyous ride.
4. Wildlife Safari: For all the nature buffs who want to witness wild animals in their natural habitat, a wildlife safari is an unmissable part of Rishikesh tourism. To embark on this fun-filled ride, all you need to do is sign up beforehand for the Jungle safari in the dense forests of Rajaji National Park. However, it is advisable to respect the privacy of animals and not disturb them in any way.
5. Bungee Jumping: If you are an adventure enthusiast above 18 years of age, make your way to Mohan Chatti and relish the experience of Bungee jumping like never before. Situated at an altitude of 83 meters, it is one of the best places for bungee jumping. In addition to all the fun, you will also get a certificate once you make the climb.
6. Rappelling: Rishikesh is one of the most sought-after destinations for rappelling, thanks to its massive rocks, and steep valleys. In this exciting adventure sport, one needs to climb his way down the hills and rocks. If you are willing to test your endurance and adventure limits, rappelling is one of the best things to do on the Rishikesh tour package.
7. River Rafting: You can't leave Rishikesh without trying this exhilarating water sport which involves a fierce battle with strong waves of the river. River rafting is one sport that has fetched Rishikesh the reputation of being the adventure destination of India and it is one of the best activities to include in your Rishikesh trip package. To add to the charm, this sport is being practiced on the holy river Ganga, which is regarded as the mother of all the rivers.
8. Flying Fox: Reckoned as one of the most happening adventure sports in Rishikesh, the flying fox will offer you the most exhilarating experience of your lifetime. The city is home to the one-kilometer long trail which is considered to be the largest in Asia. If you love to push up your adventure limits, this activity is the best option to add to your Rishikesh tour package.
9. Mountain Biking: What can be a better way to explore the scenic town of Rishikesh than embarking on a biking trip? The city is blessed with diverse topography ranging from river trails to dense forests and steep hills and if you want your journey to be a unique mix of adventure and serenity, mountain biking is a perfect adventure sport for you.
10. Canoeing: Are you looking for an invigorating yet adrenaline activity to try in Rishikesh? If yes, then canoeing is a must-try sport for you. Often confused with kayaking, canoeing is an activity in which you use a single blade paddle to sail through the gushing waves.
What are the best aerial activities to do on Rishikesh trip?
Here is the list of best aerial activities to do on Rishikesh trip:
1. Hot Air Balloon: Flying up high in the sky while soaking in the awe-inspiring views of Shivalik ranges is once in a lifetime kind of experience. If you are eager to experience it on your own, get ready for a hot air balloon ride and enjoy the stunning vistas of the Himalayas from the top and it is one of the best activities to include in your Rishikesh tour packages.
In this adrenaline sport, a hot air balloon is tethered to the ground with the help of a strong rope, and the balloon is set floating at an altitude of 200-400 feet above sea level. The ultimate view of sunset amidst the hilly peaks and lush green surroundings is worth your effort.
2. Powered Paragliding: The joy of drifting over the serene landscapes of Rishikesh can't be put into words. If you really want to enjoy the Rishikesh tour in its true essence, get yourself ready for a paragliding tour over the holy river Ganga and treat your eyes to the surreal views of dams, lush green forests, and the mighty Himalayas.
Even if you are nervous before the flight, just take a deep relaxing breath and set out on an adrenaline experience like never before. On this journey, you will also be accompanied by experienced pilots who will brief you about the dos and don'ts.
3. Zip Lining: Are you eager to try something crazy on your adventure tour to Rishikesh? If yes, then gather up all the courage and be ready to fly in the air like a bat. Also known as flying fox, aerial rope slide, and zip wire, the zip-lining sport involves a pulley that is suspended on a stainless steel cable. Though this technique has been used earlier as a means of transportation, it is a popular adventure sport in Rishikesh today.
How many days are enough for Rishikesh?If you are on a short weekend trip, one day will be enough to explore the key attractions in the city. However, if you have ample time in hand, you can stretch your vacation up to 2 to 3 days.
To cover every possible attraction with your Rishikesh tour package and indulge in all the thrilling activities, you should plan a week stay in the city.
How to reach Rishikesh from Delhi?Rishikesh is situated at a distance of 250 Km from Delhi. This journey can be covered either by train or flight. The best way to travel from Delhi to Rishikesh is by air. Once you reach the Jolly Grant Airport, hire a taxi or board a roadway bus to cover the remaining distance to Rishikesh.
You can also take a train journey from New Delhi to Haridwar. After reaching Haridwar, hire a taxi to Rishikesh and reach your destination well within the time.
What is famous in Rishikesh?Rishikesh tourism has gained recognition for its spiritual and religious significance. The city is home to several Yoga Ashrams and temples where you can indulge yourself in religious practices and meditation. It is also known to be the starting point of the popular Char Dham Yatra which includes Gangotri, Yamunotri, Kedarnath, and Badrinath.
In addition to this, you can also explore its other key attractions including Parmarth Niketan, Triveni Ghat, Ram Jhula, Laxman Jhula, and Gita Bhavan. This beautiful and religious paradise is also a hub for numerous adventure activities such as river rafting, kayaking, and camping.
What can I buy in Rishikesh?Though Rishikesh is majorly known as a sacred touristy spot, it has a plentiful of things in its reserve for shopaholics too. If you are about to make a trip to this hilly paradise, don't forget to buy some precious and semi-precious stones for yourself. The city has several stalls situated near the Laxman Jhula Bridge from where you can purchase different kinds of jewellery for yourself.
From pendants to earrings, finger rings, and toe-rings, there is a wide range of artificial jewellery that one can buy from here. If you are a music lover, don't forget to visit its CD stores which feature the best collection of Bhajan and devotional song's CD. Being a popular adventure hub, Rishikesh also encompasses several adventure accessories shops from where you can buy the premium quality sports accessories for yourself.
How can I go to Haridwar from Rishikesh?You can either take a train or bus from Rishikesh to reach Haridwar. Direct trains operate between the two cities everyday and make for the most convenient traveling option. Regular buses leave every 30 minutes from Rishikesh and make for the most economical option to reach Haridwar. The travelers can also hire a taxi, which will make for the fastest mode to arrive at Haridwar from Rishikesh.
What is the best time to go rafting in Rishikesh?The most ideal time for visiting the city of Rishikesh to enjoy river rafting is the post-monsoon period. That said, the period between mid-September and mid- November make for the best time of the year to enjoy rafting in Rishikesh.
Which are the best spiritual places in Rishikesh?
1. Neelkanth Mahadev Temple: Situated at an altitude of 1670 meters amidst the dense sylvan forests, Neelkanth Mahadev Temple is one of the most sacred Lord Shiva shrines in the entire country. The inside of the tomb is complete with vivid depictions of Samudra Manthan and the exterior of the temple has a freshwater spring as its key attraction.
2. Triveni Ghat: If you are yet to experience the spiritual aura of Rishikesh, look no further than Triveni Ghat. Known as the confluence point of Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati, Triveni Ghat teems with life and energy during the evening Aarti. The Ghat remains crowded with pilgrims all the year round who throng this spot to take a dip into the holy water of Ganga.
3. Kunjapuri Temple: Just 30 minutes drive away from the Rishikesh city, Kunjapuri temple is nestled at an altitude of 1700 m. This is a perfect trekking spot for all those vacationers who want to add a dash of adventure into their religious tour. Kunjapuri trek is an easy level trek which will serve you with the most captivating views of the sunrise amidst the Doon Valley.
4. Tera Manzil Temple: Known as one of the oldest existing temples in Rishikesh, Tera Manzil Temple is popular for its religious as well as architectural significance. From its peaceful location to its intricate architecture and serene vibes, there are bountiful factors which make it one of the most sought-after religious spots in Rishikesh.
If you are on a lookout for a quaint spot in Rishikesh where you can worship your deity without any disturbance, Tera Manzil is an ideal place for you.
What is there to do in Rishikesh at night?
1. Head for a movie night at Rama Palace: Being the only theatre in Rishikesh, Rama Theatre attracts a huge number of youngsters and party lovers. If you are planning a movie night with your friends or family, this is a perfect place to be. From Hollywood movies to Bollywood blockbusters and regional films, the theatre serves you with a variety.
2. Plan a Riverside Camping Tour: If camping on a riverfront has always been on your to-do list, now is a perfect time to make it happen. Camp Riverside is a beautiful campsite situated at a distance of 20 Km from Rishikesh.
The site is enveloped by the mighty Himalayan ranges and overlooks the serene Ganga river. During the day, you can indulge in adventure activities like kayaking and rafting and by the nighttime, you can have a fun-filled bonfire gathering.
3. Pay a visit to Little Buddha Café: For all those food junkies who want to satiate their mid-night cravings with something delicious, Little Buddha Café is a perfect place. The café is situated right next to the Laxman Jhula and overlooks the holy river Ganga. The place is complete with cosy beds where you can spend a few peaceful hours after snacking.
4. Spend a Fun-Packed Night at Rajaji National Park: If you are craving some time away from the boisterous city crowd, plan an overnight stay in Rajaji National Park and bless your eyes with the magnificent views of Nalani Valley.
The park is home to several eco-friendly cottages which are located in the foothills of Himalayas. During your stay in the park, just unwind in your cottage or head for a night safari.
What are some famous yoga and meditation centres in Rishikesh?
1. Sivananda Ashram: Founded by Swami Sivananda, this ashram is located at Ram Jhula and is primarily known for its yoga and meditation exercises. In addition to these stress-relieving meditation rituals, the place also welcomes its visitors with free meals and accommodation. If you are looking for a place in Rishikesh to grow spiritually, Sivananda Ashram is a perfect pick for you.
2. Parmarth Niketan: If you are seeking spirituality in a true sense, a visit to this yoga centre is mandatory. Nestled on the sacred banks of river Ganga, Parmarth Niketan comprises 1000 spacious rooms.
During your stay in its campus, you get to attend two yoga classes and three meals which cost around INR 300 per person. In addition to this, universal morning prayers, lecture programs, Kirtan, and meditation classes are part of the daily routine at Parmarth Niketan.
3. Osho Ganga Dham Ashram: Offering meditation camps to the visitors throughout the year, Osho Ganga Dham Ashram is known for its unique meditation practices and natural surroundings. Just a few miles away from Laxman Jhula, this Yog Ashram has a multitude of stay options ranging from single rooms to dormitories, and shared rooms.
The Ashram also serves its visitors with a pure vegetarian meal which is too good to be missed. From regular Satsang to Kundalini meditation, and dynamic dance, it boasts a huge variety of meditation exercises which will help you release the accumulated stress.
Should I attend the famous Ganga Aarti on my Rishikesh tour?
If you want spiritual blessings and get to know more about Hindu culture then attending Ganga Aarti at different ghats of Rishikesh is a must. Parmarth Niketan Ghat and Triveni Ghat are the ones where you can get the best spiritual experience.
Popular Read: Best Homestays in Rishikesh with best offers
Lakshman Jhula happens to be one of the famous hanging bridges across the holy river Ganga. The jhula is a link in between two important villages in Rishikesh. It connects the Tapovan village in Tehri Garhwal and Jonk village in Pauri Garhwal. The bridge is made up of iron and it is almost 450 feet long, which is suspended at an elevation of almost 70 feet above the river. Lakshman Jhula has been one of the centres for tourist attraction since its inception for its amazing association of the Hindu Mythology. As per the popular Hindu mythology, Ramayan, it is believed that Lord Ram and his brother Lakshman had crossed the Ganga river at the same place, where the bridge has been built. The bridge was opened for public in the year 1929. In recent times, in order to boost the tourist footfall, many other developments have been carried out around the famous Lakshman Jhula. Tourists now love to spend a considerable amount of time in these places in the course of their Rishikesh Trip. You can not only visit the Lakshman Jhula, but you can also spend time in some of the other nearby tourist attractions like Tera Manzil Temple, Ram Jhula, and Lakshman temple. Let us get to know more about this religious place of worship.History of Lakshman Jhula- Lakshman Jhula has its significance in the most popular Hindu Mythology, Ramayana. As per the tales, Lord Ram and Lakshman had crossed the river Ganga at this place. The duo crossed the river Ganga with the help of just two ropes. In order to praise this act of fearlessness, Lakshman Jhula was built. This 284 feet long suspended bridge was the main point of contact between the villages until the year 1889. However, one of the floods in the year 1924 completely washed away the bridge. Initially the Lakshman Jhula was made up of jute, however, after the floods, it was replaced by a much stronger and sturdier iron bridge in the year 1939. The reconstruction was instigated in the same place and the name of the bridge was also not changed as per the significances. The bridge now stands tall above the river Ganga and happens to be one of the major tourist attractions in the tourism corridor of Rishikesh. However, the Lakshman Jhula is no more used for communication from 12th July 2019 for safety concerns. This bridge is almost 96 years old and it is not capable of handling the load of the current traffic. In order to preserve this iconic tourist attraction, one more bridge has been built and the Lakshman Jhula stands as a mere tourist attraction near to it.
Ram Jhula is one of the most iconic places in Rishikesh and if you are planning a pilgrimage to the city, or just visiting for a holiday, you must stop by this iconic bridge. It is a suspension bridge, built entirely out of iron and the length of the bridge is around 450 feet. It was constructed in the year 1986, by the PWD. The bridge is located over the holy Ganga river and it connects Sivananda Nagar in Muni Ki Reti, in the district of Tehri Garhwal in the west to Swargashram in the district of Pauri Garhwal, in the east.This bridge can be found in the state of Uttarakhand, approximately 3 kilometres away from the main town of Rishikesh. It is a comfortable walking distance from Rishikesh, and if you like long walks in the midst of stunning scenery then you can walk the length of the bridge as well. People can also traverse the bridge with bikes or cycles. A number of holy ashrams and Hindu religious centres and temples can be found lining the side of the bridge. These ashrams encompass the true essence of Rishikesh, with their peace, hospitality and piety. Another well-known bridge in the area is the Lakshman Jhula, which is lengthier than Ram Jhula and is situated 2 kilometres upriver, on the banks of the Ganga. One of the most memorable experiences you can enjoy at the Ram Jhula is overlooking the holy city of Rishikesh from the bridge itself in all its natural and historical glory, surrounded by the river and the mighty mountains. History of Ram JhulaThe famous Ram Jhula was initially a bridge made of very strong jute ropes, tightly intertwined to give it strength and to help it bear the weight of passers-by. It did not have any pillars to provide structural support in the beginning. Later, it was re-constructed with iron in the year 1986 by the PWD under government supervision. Since it is located in the spiritual and holy city of Rishikesh, the name of the bridge is derived from the Aryan King- Lord Ram- the protagonist of the epic Ramayana. The other famous bridge on the river is the Lakshman Jhula. The story goes that in the era of Ram’s reign, Lakshman had crossed the Ganga with the help of two ropes. To commemorate this mythological event, the Lakshman Jhula was constructed with ropes, in the year 1889. Therefore, a gesture of sibling love and camaraderie between the two brothers- Ram and Lakshman, the second bridge was named ‘Ram, indicative of the divine bond between the two brothers. About Ram Jhula MarketKeeping in mind the vast number of tourists and pilgrims who visit the place every year, there are innumerable shops and markets near the starting and ending point of the bridge. The Ram Jhula Market can be found in the point where the bridge ends, where you can find shops selling everything imaginable- from groceries to mementoes and religious tokens. You can find religious sculptures, statues and framed pictures of different gods and goddesses, dress materials, jewellery and other artefacts available in the markets. One can buy authentic semi-precious stones and gems at reasonable prices from here as well. Shoppers can choose from beautiful, ethnic, locally sourced handicraft items to bright and comfortable cotton clothes like sarees, lehengas and cholis, all at reasonable prices.
Adventurers know Rishikesh as the land of river rafting as it is one of the most popular destinations for this activity anywhere in India. So if you are planning a trip to Rishikesh, make sure not to skip this adrenaline-pumping adventure of rafting through the blustery waters of River Ganga. As your raft glides along with the swift river, you will also have a chance to catch the undiluted charm of the Himalayan foothills.Three different stretches of the river, ranging from 9 km to 26 km, are open for rafting. These stretches feature grade 3, grade 4, and grade 5 rapids, so whether you are seeking hardcore adventure or you are a beginner, rafting in Rishikesh is ideal for all. To give a boost to your adrenaline rush, the rafting experience also offers opportunities for cliff jumping and body surfing.Highlights: Long stretches, various rapid grades, and beautiful scenery.Timings: 7 am to 10 pmPrice: INR 600 per person