Valley of Flowers Trek Highlights
- A walk through beautiful UNESCO World Heritage site - The Valley of Flowers at a height of 14,400 ft.
- Enjoy a memorable visit to the core zone of Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve and experience out of the World views to origin of the Pushpawati river.
- Catch glimpses of some of the rarest found flowers on earth like the Blue Primula, Wild Orchids, Poppies, Calendula, Morina Longifolia..
- Visit the highest Gurudwara Shri HemKund Shaib and do not forget to take dive into chilling waters with temperature upto -3 degree celcius.
- Pack your Bags and witness clouds over your face and breathtaking cold winds, and waterfalls, and chirping sounds and lose yourself here. This is where peace is!
Valley of Flowers Trek Overview
About Valley of Flowers Trek:
Bestowed with some of the rarest, exotic Himalayan flora, the very famous Valley of Flowers trek is a corsage of the beauty of nature. It is flawlessly nestled in the West Himalayan region of Uttarakhand. With an opportunity to spot the very rare blue Primula, the Valley Of Flowers trek is one of the best-known treks in the world. Perched at a height of between 3600 m above sea level, the Valley of Flowers is definitely a heaven on Earth. Just as you set your foot into the valley, the intoxicating mix of fragrances emitted from the flowers makes you feel in a paradise. The hidden lake at the height of 14,400 ft, creates a hidden coop for numerous species of wildflowers like the saxifrages, sedums, lilies, poppy, calendulas, daisies, geranium, zinnia, and petunia. The butterflies that will come across during the Valley of Flowers Uttarakhand trek are definitely to steal your heart away with each flutter of its colorful wings.
Quick Facts about Valley of Flowers Uttarakhand Trek:
- Duration: 6D/5N
- Maximum Altitude: 14,400 ft
- Valley of Flowers Trek Difficulty: Easy To Moderate
- Valley of Flowers Trek Distance: 47km
- Temperature: Day 12°C-20°C and Night: 4°C-10°C
- Valley of Flowers Trek Best time: June end to mid-September
- Start Point/End Point: Govindghat
- ATM: Govindghat is the last place where ATM is there.
- Railway Station: Haridwar is the nearest railway station
- Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
How to reach Haridwar:
By Air: Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun serves as the nearest airport to Haridwar. Visitors can take a direct flight to Dehradun from Mumbai or Delhi or connecting flights from anywhere in India. Local vehicles can be availed from outside the airport to reach Haridwar by road from Dehradun.
By Train: Reaching Haridwar By Trains - Haridwar Junction Railway Station (IR station code: HW) is well-connected by train, with frequent trains to Delhi (4-5 hours) and Dehradun (1 hour). There are also a few trains per day to Rishikesh.
By Road: Haridwar is well connected by roads to all major cities and towns, so people as per their choice and comfort can take the bus to reach Haridwar smoothly. Haridwar is connected to Chandigarh (205km), Delhi (210km), Dehradun (59km), and Nainital (223km) through a good network of roads.
Valley of Flowers Trek Package Inclusions:
1. Accommodations- 02 Nights Hotel accommodation on triple/quad sharing basis at Govindghat. 03 Nights Hotel accommodation on triple/quad sharing basis at Ghangaria.
2. Meals- All veg nutritious meals from dinner at Govindghat on Day 1st to breakfast at Govindghat on Day 6th. Morning evening tea served with light snacks.
3. Safety equipment- First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, etc. will be with guide/trek leader and at the campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
4. Expert trek Leaders- All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid course.
5. Expert Trek support team- The mountain staff on this trek consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers, and porters.
Available Group Departure Dates -
- June - 19,20,26,27
- July - 3,4,10,11,17,18,24,25,31
- August - 1,7,8,14,15,21,2,28,29
- September - 4,5,11,12
[ Note: If you are a group of 5 or more people then the dates can be customized]
More Details about Valley of Flowers Trek
Know Before You Go for Valley of Flowers Trek
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for this trek.
- Since Valley of Flowers is a monsoon trek, there are possibilities of roadblocks due to landslides. Account for this by adding a buffer day in your travel plan.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Hotels are basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available at a common point.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the Valley of Flowers Uttarakhand trek.
- Permit charges are not included in the Valley of Flowers trek.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the Valley of Flowers Trek package.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes, raincoat and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Pay heed to the trek leaders and guide in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- Transportation to and fro from Haridwar Railway Station is available on additional charges on request
Things To Carry for Valley of Flowers Trek
- Rain coverMandatory Item
- Back pack (50-60l)Mandatory Item
- Hiking shoesMandatory Item
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Water bottle