Best Time to Visit Kasol
Best Time to Visit Kasol for Camping
Some of the places you can visit for camping in Kasol are:
1. Kasol-Malana Trek and Camping: In this three-day camping expedition, you get to explore Kasol and experience its tranquillity and serenity, along with its rich culture. Along with a beautiful trek to the Malana Valley, you also get to enjoy a bonfire and other activities like fishing and swimming.
2. Kasol Riverside Camping: One of the most preferred ways to escape from the busy city life, you can enjoy an idyllic time in the quaint Parvati Valley near the riverside. Moreover, you can also trek to Chalal, also called the Little Amsterdam and other nearby places in Kasol from the camp.
3. Kabila Camping: Another well-known camp in Kasol, you get to experience the best of local hospitality interwoven with excellent amenities. From normal, comfortable tents to luxurious tents equipped with state-of-the-art facilities, these camps cater to all kinds of travellers.
4. Parvati Woods Camping: Located a few kilometres from Kasol, these camps are the best way to experience the local ambience of the area. Being near the Parvati River, these camps also let you enjoy the feeling that this hill station has to offer. Additionally, these camps are famous for their amazing food, along with customised local village tours and adventure activities such as trekking.
Suggested Read: Things to Do in Kasol for Fun Vacation
Best Time to Visit Kasol for Trekking
Some of the treks you can partake in Kasol during May-June are:
1. Trek To Kheerganga: This is one of the most beautiful treks in Kasol. The Kheerganga trek takes you through different mountainous terrains while offering you scenic vistas of the surrounding landscapes. Once on top, you can take a dip in the Parvati Kund, one of the natural hot springs found in Kasol.
2. Trek To Tosh Valley: A 6-kilometre trek, the Tosh Valley trek boasts of offering the most spectacular and breath-taking sights. This is a trail that will take you across the regions surrounded by the mighty Himalayas. Tosh is a small village located at around 7,874 feet above sea level at the end of Parvati Valley and leads you to the Pin-Parvati Pass.
3. Trek To The Little Amsterdam Of India: One of the most famous treks, the Parvati Valley trek takes you through the many trails that run alongside the Parvati river and ends at Chalal, a quaint little town famous for its rustic charm.
4. Trek To Malana: A destination that seems like a place out of a story, you must trek to the village of Malana on a visit to Kasol. Located at 9,000 feet above sea level, this two-day trek takes you through the Kasol-Chalal Pass while offering you scintillating views of the snow-capped mountains.
Check Out: Amusing Places to Visit in Kasol
Best Time to Visit Kasol for Parties
Kasol also has a lot of local festivals and overnight parties that you can attend and enjoy yourselves to the max in these few months.
1. House Parties: May is the Best Time to visit Kasol with your friends and arrange house parties of your own in the area. This will definitely be a one-of-a-kind experience, especially when you are in the company of friends enjoying good music, good food and the pleasant weather of Kasol.
2. Rave Parties: The many different rave parties here have amazing music with psychedelic trance that echoes in the hills with their heavy bass beats and rhythms.
3. Music Festivals: Music festivals such as Magica Festival, Electric Mahadeva Festival, Parvati Peaking as well as the Shiva Squad Festival where many Indians, as well as international artists and DJs from Israel, come to Kasol.
4. New Year Parties: Spend your new year with a blast right here, in Kasol. You can also see laser shows while indulging in food and drinks and shopping to your heart’s content in the various New Year parties in Kasol, one of which is the Parvati Shangri-La Festival. Starting from the last week of December, parties like this make the whole region light up with music, lights and extravaganza.
Therefore, for someone who is a party freak and wants to have a good time, May to June is the best time to visit Kasol and enjoy these immensely exciting parties.
Planning a Kasol Trip, Check Out: Best Kasol Tour Packages
Best Season to Visit Kasol
Kasol in Winter
If you wish to catch Kasol in the midst of its splendor, winter is the
best time to travel there. Starting from the month of October up to the end of
February, winters in Kasol turn everything into a beautiful fairytale-
something right out of a movie. Given the high altitude that Kasol is perched
upon i.e., 1,580 above sea level, Kasol experiences harsh, but beautiful
winters. The proper winter doesn’t set in until November, when the temperatures
plummet to around 3 degrees Celsius. Winter is also the best time to explore
and enjoy Kasol at its fullest, especially when the cities aren’t cold enough
Along with the surreal, natural beauty, winters bring along extremely chilly temperatures and a thick blanket of snow to cover everything. If you like untouched places and solitude, winter is your best bet when visiting Kasol. Snow-laden trails, chilly air, and the gracious winter sun make for an unbeatable combination. Although the roads carry heavy accumulation of snow, it is a beautiful sight to behold, especially with a panorama of snowy peaks plastered across the skyline! Wrap yourself in multiple warm layers, relax outside with a steaming mug of tea while warming yourself up by a campfire!
Places to visit:
If you consider yourself a trekking enthusiast or a nature lover, Kheerganga is your go-to trek. If, however, you prefer solitude and the lesser-trodden paths, extend your Kheerganga trek by heading to the hidden gem called Buni-Buni Pass. The place receives ample sunlight during the day, battling away the cold for a while. The hot-springs at Kheerganga are a welcome change from the frigid cold weather of Kasol, and they are also believed to possess some medicinal and healing properties. Take a refreshing dip in the waters of the spring, and feel the fatigue leave you in seconds!
Other areas to explore are Pin Parvati Pass and Sar Pass, which might be shut due to heavy accumulation of snow. If trekking is not your calling, take short hikes to Tosh, Chalal, Manikaran, and Malana, which are some of the most rustic places near Kasol, which is a bit more commercialized. Known for their iconic cafes like Boom Shiva Cafe and Pink Floyd Cafe, which are beautiful places to relax in and meet like-minded travelers, although not many can be found there.
During winters, temperatures hit 5 to 10 degrees Celsius in the day time, and can fall to as low as 0 degree Celsius at night
Recommended Read: Beautiful Resorts in Kasol to escape from busy life
Kasol in Summer
If you want to experience Kasol in all its glory, then summer is
probably the perfect time to visit Kasol. Summer sets in from the month of
March and lasts till the end of June. While the months of March and April bring
a slight chill in the air, the true summer begins from May. With the average
temperature ranging from 15 to 35 degrees Celsius, the weather is mild and
pleasant, as opposed to the extremities of winter.
Besides that, there’s a carpet of lush greenery as far as the eyes can see, while the floral beauty of Kasol is in full bloom. Shades of reds, blues and whites paint a stunning picture for the eyes. The warmth of sunlight is a beautiful feeling, and on a clear day, plenty of snow-clad peaks treat the senses. Clear skies also mean stargazing at nighttime- a breathtaking experience. Summers also let you visit places that might have been inaccessible in winters due to heavy accumulation of snow.
Places to visit:
Make sure to pay a visit to the neighboring villages of Tosh and Malana, both of which are considerably less explored than Kasol. If you’re seeking offbeat trails and adventures in Kasol, these are the places to head to. The cafes there are also bustling with travelers during this season, which means a series of great, lively conversations await you! Explore the Israeli lifestyle and cuisine of the place with a number of like-minded travel buddies. Boom Shiva Cafe and Pink Floyd Cafe are two all-time-favorites amongst backpackers.
Another great destination that attracts a variety of visitors every year is Manikaran. Best known for the Gurudwara Sri Manikaran Sahib and the neighboring hot springs, Manikaran is at a distance of barely 5 km, and you can easily walk there. The hiking trails in and around Kasol take a colorful turn in the summers, quite literally. When in Kasol, a trek to Parvati Valley or just along the river Parvati is almost obligatory.
Besides, hiking, you can also be a part of the famous music festivals that Kasol hosts during the summer months. Countless rave parties along with psychedelic music, surrounded by valleys and mountains- if that’s your calling. If not, head to the quieter places nearby. Whatever you’re craving for, Kasol will exceed all your expectations.
During the daytime, the average temperature falls somewhere between 22 to 30 degrees Celsius, while at night, it dips to around 15-20 degrees Celsius.
Check Out: Exciting Places to Visit Near Kasol
Kasol in Monsoon
Monsoons in Kasol start from the month of July and last up to September. With temperatures ranging between 18 to 27 degree Celsius, Monsoon is a bad time to visit Kasol, given the erratic weather conditions and the heavy rainfall. It is best to avoid the place during this season altogether, owing to the numerous risks and dangers that it entails. It is prone to sudden landslides, roadblocks, cloudbursts, and floods, making it a very risky ordeal.
The rainfall is very heavy in this area, giving way to potential flash floods. Traveling along the mountain roads is a threat that is not worth taking if you value your life. There bouts of natural calamities that haunt the places near Kasol almost every year. While it might sound romantic- being amidst the valleys, surrounded by mountains, with a heavy downpour- it is not. At this time, the hotels in Kasol might be offering a generous deal with heavy discounts, considering it is the off-season. But it is unwise to visit Kasol in monsoons, lured only by the deals.
The temperature ranges from 20 to 27 degrees Celsius in the daytime, and falls to around 15 degrees Celsius in the night
Must Read: Mesmerising Sightseeing Places in Kasol