Kheerganga Trek Highlights
- Kheerganga is one of the unique Himalayan treks in which you are rewarded with excellent meadows, forested ways with pine trees, couple of cascades and crossing towns on reaching the summit at almost 10,000 feet
- Know the secret by locals, why Lord Shiva's son Kartikey meditated here for thousand years
- At Kheerganga, you’ll be rewarded with the breathtaking Parvati Kund - The holy hot water spring, just what you need to relax when the weather is cool
- Give attention to the mix of Indian and Hippie culture at Kheerganga where you would be surprised to see the cross culture
- Be ready to witness and indulge in landscape photography during your stay as the view of the sunset and trekking through Kheerganga forests are an incredible experience.
- Do your mental therapy by camping under the starlit sky at the top of the Parvati Valley
Kheerganga Trek Overview
About the Kheerganga Trekking:
Kheerganga trek is the most recommended one among all the treks in Parvati valley and takes you through some amazing scenery. It needs neither too much time nor any prior trekking experience which makes it perfect for any beginner trekker or a backpacker.
While strolling through the magnificent landscape of Himachal Pradesh, you will be treated to majestic sights of nature. On the trail, pass a few wooden bridges and some slippery sections.
During this part of the Kheerganga trek from Kasol, your eyes also feast on many picturesque waterfalls, remember to take pictures of every single one of these.
Kheerganga Treeking Quick Facts:
Start/End Point: Barshaini
Start Time/End Time of Trip: 09:00AM (Day 1) and around 12:00 PM (Day 2)
Kheerganga Trek Height: 9600 ft.
Temperature Range: Day: 8°C to 15°C; and Night: 0°C to 3°C
Kheerganga Trekking Distance: 14 KM
ATM: Last ATM is in Kasol
Mobile Network:BSNL works the best in these areas
Trekking Gradient: Easy to moderate
Kheerganga Trek Package Inclusions:
➔ Stay: Alpine tents on sharing basis
➔ Meals: Breakfast and dinner
➔ Professional Trek Leader cum Guide(Mountaineering qualified)
➔ Activities: Trekking & Camping
How to Reach:
The starting point of Kheerganga trekking is Barshaini which is 20km from Kasol.You can reach Barshaini by your own private vehicle or can opt for a private cab/sharing cab from Kasol to Barshaini.
Kheerganga Trek Itinerary
Select Package Option
Kheerganga Trek & Camping
More Details about Kheerganga Trek
Know Before You Go for Kheerganga Trek
- In case of operational issues, camps will be pitched at Rudra Nag.
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Pay heed to the trek guides and instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Forest entry charge INR 50 extra.
- Trekking experience are totally weather permitted
- In any unforeseen circumstance( landslides or heavy snowfall) if Kheerganga Trek cannot be conducted then any alternate trek will be conducted or alternative will be provided by the operator as per their discretion based on the situation and availability.
- Permit charges are not included in the Kheerganga trek package.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the Kheerganga trekking.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the Kasol to Kheerganga trek.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the Kheerganga trek package.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the Kheer ganga trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- The Kheerganga trek from Kasol takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- In case, the Kheerganga trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Children under the age of 7 years are not recommended for Kheerganga trek from Kasol.
- The actual camp may vary due to a variety of reasons like availability, quality, no of bookings, maintenance etc
Things To Carry for Kheerganga Trek
- Led torch (with extra batteries)Mandatory Item
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Day pack (20-30l)
- Water bottle
- Extra pair of socks
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Mosquito & insect repellent
- Thermal inners
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf