Hampta Pass Trek Highlights
- Spread distantly from lush green Kullu-Manali valley to the barren landscapes of Spiti, Hampta Pass Trek is on every wanderer's bucket-list
- Visit Chandrataal, the 'Lake of the Moon', which is an incredible emerald crescent shaped lake that changes it's colour throughout the day
- Trek through vertical rock walls, glossy grasslands, gurgling streams, silver waterfalls, hanging glaciers and what not
- Witness the beautiful confluence of 3 passes Hampta, Rohtang and Spiti, a surreal treat to the eyes
- Get a chance to explore the distinct Buddhist culture of the inhabitants of Sethan who are original migrants from Tibet and Spiti Valley.
Hampta Pass Trek Overview
About Hampta Pass Trekking
A person who loves to be in the lap of nature it is the time to trek in the dreamland of unpredictable terrains of Hampta Pass. Landscapes change vividly every few hours of walking on the Hampta Pass trekking trail. The lack of any treacherousness in the trail is compensated by the abundance of natural beauty, which will take you by surprise at every twist and turn of the trek. The entire trail of the Hampta Pass trek is dotted with everything you can dream of witnessing on a trek.
What makes the dramatic changes heightened, even more, is how thrilling the climb to Hampta Pass is. For trekkers, crossing the Hampta Pass is a great story of adventure. You will love the nervous excitement of climbing to the pass over many ledges.
Quick facts about Hampta Pass Trekking:
Start Point/End Point: Manali Base Camp
Duration: 4 Nights & 5 Days
Hampta Pass Trek Height: 14,100ft
Hampta Pass Trek Difficulty Level: Moderate
Trekking Distance: 35kms
Best time to do Hampta Pass Trek: Mid June - September
Hampta Pass Trek Package Inclusions:
➔ All Veg Meals from Lunch on Day 1st to Breakfast on Day 5th.
➔ Tented accommodations on triple sharing basis on Day 4th.
➔ Morning, evening tea served with light snacks while on Trek.
➔ Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
➔ The transfer cost from Manali Base Camp to trekking point – Jobra on Day 1
➔The transfer cost from Chatru to Chandratal/Manali Base Camp on Day 4 and Day 5
➔ All fees and permits for Indians are included in the Hampta Pass Trek package.
➔ Safety Equipment
➔ Basic First Aid Medical kits with Oxygen cylinder and Oxi Meter.
➔ Qualified and experienced Leader and support staff.
Available Group Departures:
➔ June: 19, 20, 26, 27
➔ July: 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31
➔ Aug: 1, 7, 8, 14, 15. 21, 22, 28, 29
➔ Sep: 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
➔ Oct: 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17
Note: Customisation available on request
How to Reach Manali:
By Road:Manali is well connected to Delhi. Take an overnight bus from Delhi and you will reach Manali in 12 ‐ 14 hours (approx 540 km).
By Train:The nearest Railway station is Joginder Nagar railway station 163 km from Manali.
By Air:The nearest Airport is Kullu Manali Airport in Bhuntar is 50 Kms. Taxi services are available from Bhuntar to Manali, which costs about Rs.700‐ Rs.1,000.
More Details about Hampta Pass Trek
Know Before You Go for Hampta Pass Trek
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- Pay heed to the trek leader and guide in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for Hampta Pass trek.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the Hampta Pass trek package.
Things To Carry for Hampta Pass Trek
- Hiking shoesMandatory Item
- Head torch
- Rain cover
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Walking stick
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Day pack (20-30l)
- Water bottle
- Extra pair of socks
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Waterproof windcheater