1. Camping by the Arthur Lake in Bhandardara: Bhandardara is a resort village and Arthur Lake is one of the most spectacular attractions here. The Lake is abundantly blessed with natural beauty and visitors can camp by the lakeside to revel in the beauty of the lake. There are campgrounds where tourists can pitch their tents, star gaze, and relish scrumptious BBQ dinner. Then, guests can go for forest visits and check out the amazing show that the fireflies put. The next morning, one can wake up to the ecstatic sight of the sun rising in its full glory.
Location: Bhandardara near Igatpuri, Maharashtra
Price: Starts INR 1490 per adult
2. Bhimashankar Trek: This trekking path is located within the Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary and takes you into the deep dense jungles of the reserve through wood clad mountains, and streams. At times, trekkers will also have to climb rocks and ladders to proceed. On the way, trekkers can also spot species like giant squirrels, boars, elephants, etc. Trekkers can also visit the revered Jyotirlinga Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva during the trek.
Location: Shri Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga Wildlife Reserve, Ganpati Ghat Walkway, Tungi, Maharashtra 410201
Price: INR 875 per adult including meals and private transfers
3. White Water Rafting in Kolad: River Kundalika in Kolad is the best place in Maharashtra to enjoy the adventurous sport of white river rafting. Rafting in the Grade II and Grade III rapids of the river is totally thrilling and there are so many operators who provide safe rafting under guided supervision. The river is fed by the waters of the dam and hence is seasonal. The peak season for this activity is from July to December when the surroundings look exceptionally green.
Location: Kolad, Raigad District, Maharashtra
Price: Starts INR 1450 per adult
Timings: 8.00 AM - 4.00 PM Mon
4. Water sports at Tarkarli Beach: Tarkarli Beach in Malvan is a Heaven for water sport lovers. Water babies can indulge in a plethora of adventurous water activities like parasailing, jet skiing, banana boat rides, bumper rides, and motor boat rides for a race against the wind and the wave. Water sports like snorkelling and scuba diving let thrill seekers explore the flourishing and diverse marine life. Kayaking is another famous activity here where you can paddle through the waters of the Arabian Sea in canoe-like boats.
Location: Malvan taluka, Sindhudurg district, Maharashtra
Timings: 10.00 AM - 4.00 PM Mon- Sun
5. Night Jungle Safari at Melghat Tiger Reserve: Melghat means "Confluence of ghats" and this tiger reserve is nestled in the Gavilgarh Hill range. The night jungle safari at the reserve is one of the most enticing activities to do in Maharashtra as visitors can explore the imposing fauna of the reserve in their natural habitat in the dark. During the night safari rides, one can spot tigers, sloth Bear, Indian Gaur, Sambar deer, Leopard, Nilgais, etc. The best time for spotting animals is during the summer months from March to June.
Location: Amaravati, Maharashtra
Price: INR 600 per safari
Timings: 7.00 PM - 9.00 PM and 4.00 AM - 6.00 AM on all days
6. Camping in Kaas Plateau: Kaas Plateau near Mumbai is that vast expansive land that thrives with various species of exotic flora like Sundew, Pitcher plants, and Venus Fly Trap . Untouched by human inhabitation, camping amidst the wild flowers of the region under the blanket of stars in comfortable tents is purely soul stirring. Campers can also trek through the Kaas village basking in the beauty of the place. Best time to camp in Kaas is during the monsoons where the plants are in full bloom making the place hypnotically beautiful.
Location: Satara, Maharashtra
Price: Starts INR 3610 per adult
7. Waterfall rappelling at Vihigaon: Descending down the rocky range beside the cascading waters of the Vihigaon waterfall is one of the electrifying things to do in Maharashtra. During this daunting activity, you will be harnessed firmly with the ropes for security reasons. The sheer adventure that this activity gives makes people flock to this place. There is also a Flying Fox activity happening here where you can zoom past like a hawk.
Location: Vihigaon Waterfalls, Maharashtra 421602
Price: Starts INR 1,000 per adult; Flying Fox at an extra cost of INR 500 per person
Timings: 10.00 AM - 5.00 PM Mon - Sun
8. Lohagad Fort Trek: Lohagad is a hill fort near Lonavala that was built about 1033 meters above sea level. The trek starts from the base village and ascends up through picturesque and smooth landscapes. Once atop the fort, one can see four doors - Ganesh Darwaaja, Narayan Darwaja, Hanuman Darwaaja, and Maha Darwaaja. During the monsoon, the magical beauty of the surroundings looks lush green and is sure to melt one's heart.
Location: Pune District, Maharashtra.
Price: Starts INR 680 per adult
9. Scuba Diving in Malvan: Malvan Beach is a great place for scuba diving in Maharashtra. One can take the motor boat ride from the Malvan Beach to the scuba diving site, and then dive into the blue waters of the Arabian Sea. As you dive down, the rich aquatic kingdom welcomes you with colorful schools of fish, rare corals, and amazing reef structures. If water adventure is your choice, scuba diving in Malvan should top your list of unique things in Maharashtra.
Location: Tarkarli Beach, Malvan, Maharashtra
Price: Starts INR 817 per person
10. Paragliding: Kamshet is a small town in Maharashtra where tourists can experience paragliding and cherish the feel of flying like a bird over the beautiful meadows and landscapes of Kamshet. If you are a beginner, you can choose tandem paragliding where the instructor does all the action like take-off, flying, and landing and you can sit back and revel in the beauty around. Instructional tandem is for the more adventurous ones as the instructor will just guide you and take care of your safety while you actually do all the flying, take-off and landing. Acro Paragliding is for professional flyers.
Price: Starts INR 2499 per person for tandem paragliding
Videos and photos are charged extra at INR 500