Popular Kerala Packages
|3 Days 2 Nights||₹ 5999.0|
|4 Days 3 Nights||₹ 9600.0|
|4 Days 3 Nights||₹ 12800.0|
|3 Days 2 Nights||₹ 12600.0|
|5 Days 4 Nights||₹ 15300.0|
Located across the southern tip of India, Kerala is one of the most picturesque and beautiful Indian states that offers ample of opportunities for enjoyment to the tourists. In fact, Kerala has been termed as one of the thirteen paradises on Earth by the National Geographic Traveler. With a vast coastline, serene and idyllic beaches, an equable climate, a tranquil stretch of backwaters and canals, lush green hill stations, breathtakingly beautiful hills, mesmerizing waterfalls, an array of architectural marvels like ancient temples and churches, and exotic wildlife, Kerala is completely a unique place.
Often Kerala is referred to as the "God's Own Country" and it’s completely true. There are a plethora of fascinating romantic spots for honeymoon couples in Kerala. Also, there are several honeymoon tour in Kerala which might make there honeymoon unforgettable.
Moreover, the culture and traditions that you would be able to explore in Kerala are not possible anywhere else on earth. The rich Malayali culture, its unique cuisine and the glimpse of the life of God and Goddesses which can be seen in the Kathakali performances make your visit to Kerala an unforgettable one.
Kerala is one of the few places in India where you can sip tea or coffee in the middle of tea or coffee estate while visiting the lush and colossal tea and coffee farms. There are many hill stations in Kerala which offer the visitors an alluring experience. Also, the backwaters and the houseboat are something that you may not find at many places. Kerala backwater tour offer a tranquil experience and one can easily unwind here. Another unique attraction of Kerala are its rejuvenation, Ayurveda and healing massage centres. One can learn yoga and meditation here, and avail rejuvenating spas and massages for the entire body.
But if greenery is not your thing and you love the rugged terrains then you can also take a look at the best Ladakh tour packages.
People Also Ask About Kerala Tours
Which are some famous spiritual tours in Kerala?
Kerala is one of the few places in India where one can find some of the vast, authentic and traditional hindu temples, churches and mosques. The famous spiritual tours in Kerala should include a visit to the following places:
- Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Trivandrum
- Janardhana Swamy Temple in Varkala
- St. Francis church in Kochi
- Gurudwara Sri Guru Singh Sabha in Kochin
- Mubarak Masjid
- St. Thomas Syro-Malabar Catholic Church in Ernakukulam
- Cheraman Juma Masjid in Kodungalloor
- Annamalai Temple in Idukki
- Aranmula Parthasarathy Temple
- Arattupuzha Temple in Thrissur
- Malanada Duryodhana Temple in Kollam
What are the best things to do in Kerala?
1. Stay in a Houseboat: Don't miss out on the opportunity to sail on a houseboat, which is one of the best things to do in Kerala. There are numerous things to do in a Kerala houseboat, such as gaze out the window at the lush green countryside and be served a freshly prepared lunch while travelling through the quiet backwaters, which is just as wonderful as it sounds. Breakfast, lunch, supper, and snacks are included on the boat for the entire family.
Price: Prices vary from Rs 6500-11500
2. Take a Spice Tour: Spice plantations are one of nature's greatest gifts, boosting both India's GDP and tourism. If you truly want to learn more about India's spices, go for a tour through the extensive spice gardens of Kerala. Kerala is the greatest place to lose yourself in the intoxicating aromas of some of India's finest spices. You can purchase a few packets of your favourite spices to take home with you and use to enhance the flavour of your homemade meals. Kerala is the best spot to visit if you want to go on a spice tour. It is India's true spice capital.
Location: Munnar, Thekkady or Wayanad
Price: It costs only Rs 200 to enter the spice garden.
3. Exploring a coffee plantation: Wayanad is one of the most important regions in the country for robusta coffee cultivation, producing between 50,000 and 60,000 tonnes per year. The soil in Wayanad is exceptionally fertile, and the pleasant temperature is suitable to coffee and tea growth, thanks to the abundance of both sunlight and rainfall. One of the many attractions that the district has to offer travellers is a tour through the lush green coffee and tea farms, or a stay at one of them.
4. Watch A Theyyam Performance: A socio-religious ceremony, Theyyam is a colourful ritual dance from Kerala that places a high value on the worship of heroes and ancestral spirits. Every year, the Theyyam festival takes place between October and May. The vibrant splendour, ecstatic audience, and religious favour are all worth seeing. It was obligatory for every village in North Kerala to conduct it in connection with the local shrine (Kavu). Before the shrines, theyyams are performed.
This sacred dance is thought to bring happiness to society and the family. Theyyam, also known as Kaliyattom, depicts divine forms as well as historical and mythological figures. Under the influence of the vast classical Indian heritage, the indigenous theyyam cult embraced new ideas and tales. It's a one-of-a-kind blend of dance music that also embodies the fundamental characteristics of tribal culture. Theyyam performances have a divine aspect to them, as they are accompanied by rituals and spiritual hymns. The holy power pulsating in the Theyyams during the performance is again linked to several dangerous feats achieved by them.
Location: Kochi Museum
5. Go Bird Watching: On a boat ride, look for rare migrating birds like egrets, herons, ducks, and Siberian cranes. You may easily arrive at the destination by bus or cab in around 3 hours from Kochi. The best time to visit is between November and February, when birds from all over the world travel back to the Northern Hemisphere after their migration season, pausing at this marshy haven for a rest.
6. Get Drenched in the Athirapally Falls: Athirappilly Falls is the largest waterfall in South India, located on the Chalakudy River in the Sholayar Reserve Forest in Kerala's Thrissur district. One of the many things to do in Kerala is visit the stunning, 80-foot-tall Athirapally Falls, dubbed the "Niagara Falls of India." From Kochi International Airport, which is 55 kilometres distant, the waterfall is easily accessible by bus or taxi. The falls are at their most beautiful during the monsoon season, which runs from June to September.
7. Watch The Sunset In Kovalam Beach: One of the many activities to do in Kerala is to watch the beautiful sunset at Kovalam beach. It is one of the most gorgeous beaches in Kerala. You can choose to relax on the peaceful beaches of Kovalam as well as soak in the breathtaking views of the setting sun. Some of the most sought after places in Kovalam are Lighthouse beach, Hawah beach or Samudra beach.
Location: Kovalam Beach
8. Take a Bike Ride: The windy roads that wind up and down the hills of Kerala are especially enjoyable to ride on two wheels. In the tropical weather of Kerala, a bike ride down the roads of Kerala will re-energise your senses and deliver an immensely exciting experience. It's possibly one of the most incredible things to do in Kerala.
9. Watch A Kathakali Performance: Kathakali is a folk dance from India's southern state of Tamil Nadu. The dancers wear bright costumes and use postures and attitudes to represent old stories. If you've had your fill of touring, spend an exquisite evening attending a Kathakali show, which is one of the greatest things to do in Kerala, Varkala. This dance genre is thought to have originated as a result of a rivalry between two rulers.
Which are the best backwater tours in Kerala?
If there's one thing that's the most popular about Kerala is its scenic backwaters and the splendid houseboat running on them, giving the visitors an idyllic holiday in the midst of the water. Here are the best backwater tours in Kerala:
- Alleppey Backwater Tour
- Kuttanad Backwater Tour
- Kumarakom Backwater Tour
- Kasargod Backwater Tour
- Cherai Island Backwater Tour
- Cochin Backwater Tour
- Kollam Backwater Tour
- Kottayam Backwater Tour
- Kozhikode Backwater Tour
- Thiruvananthapuram Backwater Tour
- Valiyaparamba Backwater Tour
What are the adventure activities to do in Kerala?
1. Paragliding: The state is magnificent, but seeing it from a bird's eye perspective sounds even more thrilling. Even though there are just two hand-picked paragliding spots in Kerala, both may provide unforgettable experiences. This exhilarating adventure sport allows you to fly above tea gardens, meadows, grasslands, and shola forests, making your Kerala vacation worthwhile.
2. Trekking: Kerala is not just India's most popular tourist destination, but it is also a trekking and camping paradise. The state is unquestionably the appropriate spot for people who love to walk and camp, with beautiful tropical rainforests, picturesque countrysides, green hills, fragrant spice plantations, and luscious grasslands.
3. Camping: Popular tourist sites in Kerala include Idukki, Wayanad, Kozhikode, Munnar, Palakkad, and Trivandrum, which offer some of the best camping opportunities in the state. You will not only get to enjoy nature at its best but also gather a number of once in a lifetime experiences with your loved ones.
Which are the best cycling tour routes in Kerala?
Among the various amazing ways to explore the breathtaking and scenic beauty of Kerala is cycling. You can take a cycling tour in Kerala and experience the rich culture of the place with several tourist spots:
Cycling Tour of Kochi
Cycling in Wayanad District
Cycling Tour to Alappuzha
Cycling Trip to the Tea Farms of Munnar
Thekkady Cycling Day Tour
Cycling Tour in Edamalayar Forests in Periyar
What are the best water sports that I can enjoy in Kerala?
1. Kayaking: Kayaking is an exciting water adventure sport for people in Kerala that promises an enjoyable trip. A kayak journey allows you to see rich greenery, which can be pleasantly enjoyed. During your next trip to Kerala, try out this sport for a relaxing yet exhilarating experience.
2. Snorkelling: Snorkelling is one of Kochi's most daring pastimes. There are several canals and lagoons nearby, as well as an abandoned quarry with pooled water, which is a fantastic delight for water lovers. Explore a variety of underwater visibility while looking for colourful marine life including corals, sea urchins, and fish.
3. Scuba Diving: This activity allows water fans to see the best of coral reefs, as well as beautiful marine life and vivid aquatic critters. If you are visiting Kerala, you must experience the subtle beauty of scuba diving, which is truly a once-in-a-lifetime event.
Where can I do river rafting in Kerala?
River rafting can be one of the most incredibly thrilling and exhilarating adventure activities that lets you explore the deep gorges and fast flowing streams. Here are the best places for river rafting in Kerala:
- Rafting in Kannur
- Chalipuzha Jungle Rafting
- Iruvanjhipuzha River Dash Rafting
Which are some famous elephant safari tours in Kerala?
Elephant Safari is an amazing experience that lets you explore the surroundings by t
aking a bumpy ride on an elephant. Here are the best places for elephant safari in Kerala:
- Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary in Thekkady
- Kodanad, situated near Ernakulam
Which are the best places for camping in Kerala?
1. Anaerangal Camp: Anaerangal Camp is a lovely camping spot nestled in the Chinnakanal Mountains near Munnar. The camp has a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. It features a lot of cottage tents with modern amenities.
2. 17 C Camping Munnar: The famous Mattupetty Dam is adjacent to Camping Munnar. Guests can enjoy an incredible nature stroll through the tea farms at any time of day because the camp is just next to lush tea plantations. Early in the morning, though, is the finest time to take a stroll among the estates. The view of the Chokramudi hill from the campground is popular among visitors.
3. Thattekad Hornbill camp: The Hornbill Camp near Thattekad is one of Kerala's premier camping spots, with well-equipped tents and camps. If you want to spend your vacation in peace and quiet, this is the spot for you. The sensation of merging with nature is pure happiness.
Where can I experience backwater stays in Kerala?
1. Vismaya: Vismaya is a small, intimate 400-year-old mansion located on an island amid a tropical coconut grove with a beautiful three-sided vista of the salty expanse of Lake Vembanad. There are just two bedrooms, both recently renovated to a high standard, with contemporary en suite outdoor bathrooms that allow guests to shower beneath a blue or starry sky.
2. Ameya: Ameya is a freshly constructed, French-owned eco-retreat with breathtaking 180-degree lake views. There are three big deluxe villas, two of which have their own wooden cabanas, with a serene atmosphere and a sensation of barefoot elegance.
3. The Oberoi Vrinda: The Oberoi Vrinda is a magnificent eight-room houseboat that provides the same five-star service that the Oberoi company is known for, along with tastefully appointed accommodations and panoramic views of the lake. A restaurant serving Indian and Continental cuisine, as well as a bar and a sun deck, are available. So, indulge in the luxury of Kerala's backwaters.
Where are the best houseboat stays located in Kerala?
Houseboat, also known as "Kettuvallam" is a type of Indian cruiseboat in which you can live and enjoy your stay while slowly passing over the backwaters. The best houseboat tours in Kerala include:
- Angel Queen Houseboats, Allepey
- Prasanthy Houseboat, Allepey
- Johnson's Eco Houseboat, Allepey
- Grandeur Houseboat, Allepey
- Coco Houseboats, Allepey
- Nova Holidays Houseboat, Alappuzha
- Kumarakom Houseboat, Kottayam
- Boats and Rides, Alappuzha
- Amrutham Houseboats, Kottayam
- KV Houseboats, Alappuzha
- Rainbow Cruises, Allepey
What is the best time to visit Kerala?
The months of November to May are the busiest and finest for visiting Kerala. Winters and summers are considered to be the best times to visit Kerala because they are less crowded. The temperature remains moderate making it comfortable for you to indulge in a wide range of outdoor activities and sightseeing tours.
Which are some famous scuba diving tours in Kerala?
Scuba Diving is another popular water sports activity that many tourists prefer to indulge in, when they are in Kerala. The best places for scuba diving tours in Kerala include:
- Kovalam Beach
- Varkala Beach
Where are the best sites for snorkelling in Kerala?
Snorkeling is a highly popular activity as it lets you observe the marine life in its natural habitat. The best sites for snorkelling in Kerala include:
- Kovalam Beach
- Varkala Beach
- Alappuzha Beach
What should I do in Kerala in 3 days?
Day 1: On the first day of the trip, you will be arriving at Alleppey which is one of the most sought after destinations in Kerala. You will be welcomed by the agents and then you will be transferred to the hotel that has been booked for your stay. During your stay in Alleppey, you will be visiting Alappuzha Beach, Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, and Krishnapuram Palace. You can also explore, bird watching, rejuvenate with Ayurveda treatments and explore Kuttanad backwaters.
Day 2: On the second day of the tour, you will be heading out for Munnar. You will be visiting Pothamedu ViewPoint, Mattupetty Dam, TATA Tea Museum, and the famous Eravikulam National Park. You may also go fishing in Devikulam or go trekking to the top station. You could also spend time roaming around the tea gardens or witnessing a traditional Kathakali show.
Day 3: On the third day of the trip, you will be heading for Kovalam which is considered as a paradise for nature lovers. On this day, you will be visiting Lighthouse Beach, Vellayani Lake, Akkulam Lake, and Valiyathura Pier. You can also think of relishing breakfast at the German Bakery, go snorkelling, as well as enjoy surfing at Kovalam Surf Club.
What is Kerala famous for?Kerala is known for its distinct landscape, calm backwaters, pristine beaches, art forms, and spices, among other things. It's also known for its lovely houseboats, extensive tea plantations, one-of-a-kind eco-tourism, spectacular architecture, Ayurvedic treatments, and outstanding dining experiences.
Which are the different cruising experiences in Kerala?
Kerala is one of the most amaizng places in India for a holiday where you can get a cruise experience in the picturesque backwaters and have a tranquiling stay. The different types of cruising experiences that one can get in Kerala are:
- Kerala Backwater Houseboats
- Kerala Backwater Luxury Cruises
- Kerala Luxury Boats
Which are the famous sailing sites in Kerala?
Sailing in Kerala can be done at many places. These include:
- Sailing Club House, Chathamma
- Ernakulam Sailing Association, Chepanam
- Global Sailing Club, Chathamma
What else is there to do in Kerala?Other than the charming houseboats and unique eco tourism, Kerala is also famous for many adventurous activities such as Paragliding, Parasailing, Cycling and water activities such as Kayaking, Scuba Diving and Snorkelling.
What should I wear in Kerala?
During the summer, light cotton or linen clothing is the best option for visiting Kerala in the summer. If you are visiting Kerala during monsoon season, you can wear a quick drying synthetic dress. You can also carry sunglasses and hats as well. You can put on open sandals and flip flops during your beach tours.
Which are the best places to experience the culture of Kerala?
The culture of Kerala is inimitable and one of the best ways to experience it by spending time at local places, eating at local eateries, visiting the temples and other architectural wonders from the past and watching the "larger than life" kathakali performances. All this can be done at various cities of Kerala including:
Which are the best places for rock climbing and rappelling in Kerala?
Rappelling and rock climbing are among the most favourites of the adventure enthusiasts and Kerala offers an array of opprtunities to indulge in these adventure sports activities. Here are the best places to enjoy these activities in Kerala:
- Dam site in Kakkayam
- Pythal Mala located near Kappimala
How many days do you need to visit Kerala?An optimal period of four days in Kerala would be great for exploring the best tourist attractions in the state. And, the duration of a pleasant family trip to Kerala can be extended to 8 days and 7 nights.
What should I not miss in Kerala?Kerala is known for its distinct landscape, calm backwaters, pristine beaches, art forms, and spices, among other things. It's also known for its lovely houseboats, extensive tea plantations, one-of-a-kind eco-tourism, spectacular craftsmanship, Ayurvedic treatments, and outstanding gastronomic experiences. You should make sure that you enjoy all these things during your visit.
Which are the best places for a village safari tour in Kerala?
If you want to explore the real culture and tradition of a place, the best way to do so is by visiting its villages. In Kerala, you can opt for a village safari tour and explore the different villages of this south Indian state. Here are the best places to visit in Kerala for a village safari tour:
Which are some famous ATV ride tours in Kerala?
One of the best ways to enjoy an uneven terrain and to get the adrenaline rush is by riding on an ATV (All Terrain Vehicle). It’s like a motorbike, but, with 4 tyres and it can ascend on any terrain. Here are the best ATV ride tours in Kerala:
- ATV Riding Tour in Munnar
- ATV Riding Tour in Thodupuzha
- ATV Riding Tour in Kollam
Where can I do parasailing and kayaking in Kerala?
With a vast coastline and several beaches, the water sports like parasailing and kayaking are quite popular in Kerala. The beaches where you can do parasailing in Kerala include:
- Kovalam Beach
- Varkala Beach
Kayaking in Kerala can be done at Alleppey and Alappuzha.
Which are some famous caving tours in Kerala?
Apart from religious significance, the caves in Kerala also have archeological importance, and that's' why they fascinate a lot of travellers. Here are the famous cave tours that you can take in Kerala:
- Edakkal Caves in Wayanad District
- Kotha Thavalam Caves in Kottayam District
- Pakshipathalam Caves in Thirunelli District
- Pandava Caves in Alappuzha
- Muniyara Caves in Marayur
- Swiftlet Cave in Munnar
- Nityanand Ashram Caves in Bekal
- Cheppara Caves in Thrissur
Which are the best walking tours in Kerala?
Walking across the terrains of Kerala is one of the most exhilarating experiences that combines the thrill of a walking tour with unparalleled beauty of Kerala. So, when you are in Kerala, you must experience one of the following walking tours in Kerala:
- Weekend Trek To Rhodo Valley
- Guided Morning walk Tour In Munnar
- Tea Plantation Walking Tour in Munnar
- Kolukkumalai Tea Estate Walk
- Anayirangal Dam Visit In Munnar
- Kuttanad Village Tour
- Fort Kochi walking Tour
- Walking Tour At Seagot Banasura In Wayanad
- KTDC City Sightseeing Tour in Trivandrum
- Periyar Walking Tour
Which are some famous luxury train tour experiences in Kerala?
A luxury train travel in Kerala gives you the fantasy of travelling back in time and enjoy a journey as one of the royal people. Here are the top luxury train tour experiences that one can enjoy in Kerala:
- The Golden Chariot
- Palace on Wheels
- Maharajas Express
Which are the best places for paragliding in Kerala?
Paragliding is among the favourite activities of tourists who visit Kerala in search of the adrenaline rush. Here are the best places from where you can enjoy paragliding in Kerala:
- Tandem Paragliding in Vagamon Hills
- Paragliding at Varkala Beach
- Paragliding at Kannur Beach
Which are the best beaches to visit in Kerala?
Kerala has a vast coastline and has some of the most enchanting beaches in India. Here are the best beaches to visit in Kerala:
- Marari Beach
- Alleppey Beach
- Vizhinjam Beach
- Kovalam Beach
- Bekal Beach
- Kappad Beach
- Varkala Beach
- Kozhikode Beach
- Alappuzha Beach
- Meenkunnu Beach
- Kappil Beach
- Payyambalam Beach
- Chavakkad Beach
- Cherai Beach
Which are some famous lake tours in Kerala?
Kerala is one of the most beautiful Indian states where one can enjoy an array of distinctive landscapes and natural tourist attractions. The famous lake tours in Kerala include:
- Ashtamudi Lake Tour in Kovalam
- Sasthamcotta Lake Tour in Kollam
- Vellayani Lake Tour in Trivandrum
- Vembanad Lake Tour in Kumarakom
- Pookode Lake Tour in Wayanad
- Paravur Lake Tour in Kollam
- Vadakkechira Lake Tour in Thrissur
Which are the best hill stations to visit in Kerala?
Located besides the western ghats in the Southern India, Kerala has some of the most amazing hill stations that offers a serene and awe-inspiring view of nature. Here is a list of the top hill stations of Kerala:
- Silent Valley
Should I visit Wayanad through a camping and cycling tour?
The cycling and camping tour at Wayanad is a perfect way to explore the splendid beauty of the place. Wayanad is one of the most popular hill stations in Kerala widely known for its breathtakingly beautiful waterfalls, astoundingly vast coffee plantations, vast peaks, edakkal caves, wildlife sanctuary and much more.
Cycling is the perfect way to explore the place while getting soaked in its beauty. Furthermore, camping at night in Wayanad is full of fun, thrill and adventure.
Which are some famous light and sound shows in Kerala?
The light and shows offer an amazing experience, and completely stun the viewers. Here is the list of the famous light and sound shows in Kerala:
- Light and Sound show at St. Angelo's fort in Kannur
Where can I go for tea, coffee and spice plantation tours in Kerala?
Your visit to Kerala isn't complete if you don't see the colossal tea, coffee and spice plantations in Kerala. these are among the most idyllic sites in the state where you can enjoy some tranquil time while sipping the fresh tea and coffee. The best places for tea, coffee and spice plantation tours in Kerala include:
- Munnar, Cochin and periyar for tea & coffee plantations
- Wayanad for coffee plantations
- Cochin, Thekkady for spice plantations
- Munnar - Kumily For Spice Plantations
- Idukki for spice plantations
Where can I do helicopter tours in Kerala?
The Helicopter tours are becoming one of the highly demanded tourist services these days. Shortly after their launch, they have gleaned immense acceptance and popularity. The places from where you can indulge in a helicopter tour in Kerala include:
Should I do a Sandal valley tour in kerala? What are the major attractions?
The exquisite Sandal valley tour lets your senses high as you explore the splendid terrains of Munnar. There are many tourist attractions that make Sandal valley in Kerala a must visit. Here are the top tourist destinations of this incredibly beautiful valley:
- Tea Museum
- Muniyara Cave
- sandalwood Forest
- Thoovanam Falls
- Lakkom Falls
- Rajamalai National Park
- Anamudi Peak
- Nilgiri Tahr
Which are the best places for surfing in Kerala?
Surfing, being one of the most adventurous water activities and Kerala offers many opportunities for surfing. The best places for surfing in Kerala include:
- Kovalam Surf Club
- Surfing at Varkala Kerala
Which is the best place for bungee jumping in Kerala?
Bungee Jumping is one of the most sort after adventurous activity in Kerala. Here are the best places for bungee jumping in Kerala:
- Bungee jumping at Alappuzha Beach
- Bungee jumping in Wayanad
Should I make a day tour to Kochi? What’s special about that place?
Yes, you should definitely take a day tour to Kochi.
Kochi has a rich history. It was first invaded by dutch and then, it was handed over to the Britishers who established as a inent port. There are many forts and beaches which make Kochi a must visit destination. Also, shopping in Kochi can be one of the most amazing experiences as you can buy everything here, ranging from authentic Kerala spices to sarees, from tea & coffee to jewellery, from artifacts to antiques.
For better understanding, you can also check: Best Kerala Tours
Where are the best places for yoga and meditation in Kerala?
Kerala is widely known for the yoga and meditation centres. There are an array of places where one can practice yoga and meditation in Kerala. These include:
- Mundax Homestay Yoga Meditation Retreat, Kuttikkanam
- Abhijna School of Yoga and Meditation, Thiruvananthapuram
- Ayurveda Yoga Villa, Holistic Research Centre, Palvelichem
- Kin-Hin / Shanti Bhavan Yoga, Kovalam
- Kin Hin Zen Meditation Retreat, Trivandrum
- Ahimsa Garden Retreats, Kottayam
- Kaivalyam Retreat, Munnar
- Kairali - The Ayurvedic Heritage Village
- Padma Karma, Trivandrum
Which are the best places to witness the tribal life of Kerala?
Most of the tribal people of kerala live in the mountains and forests of Western Ghats, bordering Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. the primary tribes which can be witnessed in kerala include:
- Kanikkar and Malandar tribes in Nedumangad
- Mannan, Mathuvan, Urali, Malayarayar, Malappulayan and Malampadaram tribes in Idukki
- Malamalasar, Malasar and Kadar tribes in Parambikkulam
- Alar, Paniyar, Cholanaikkar, Aranadan, Kadar tribes in Nilambur
- Mudugar, Kurumbar and Irular tribes in Attappadi
- Kanaladi, Thachanadar, Kanduvadiyar, Adiyar, Mullukkurumar, Paniyar, Kurichya, and Kattunaikkar tribes in Wayanad
- Maradi and Koragar tribes in Kasargod
Which are the best places for a shopping tour in Kerala?
Kerala is the spice capital of India, and is famous for an array of goods which can only be found in Kerala. So, you can indulge in shopping in Kerala for an amazing experience. Here is a list of the best places for shopping tour in Kerala:
- Spice Market in Cochin
- Chalai Bazaar in Trivandrum
- Connemara Market, Trivandrum
- Asparagus Market in Varkala
- Pulickatti Handicrafts shopping in Alappuzha
- Focus Mall in Kozhikode
- Kerala tea shopping in Munnar, Wayanad, Vagamon and Kolukkumalai
- Malabar Coffee shopping in Wayanad, Peermade, Idukki, Nenmara and Gavi
- Spice shopping in Thekkady, Periyar, Kumily and Munnar
Where are the best places for mountain cycling in Kerala?
Kerala has been bestowed with immense natural beauty, and there is a huge diversity in the landscapes in Kerala. here, one can enjoy an array of activities including mountain cycling. Here are the best cycling trails in Kerala:
- Cycling in Wayanad
- High Altitude Mountain Cycling in Munnar
- Cycling from Cochin to Kumarakom via Marari and Alleppey
- Cycling from Cochin to Marari, via Thattekad, Munnar, and Periyar
Which are some famous horse riding tours in Kerala?
Horse Riding is one of the most enthralling adventure experiences and when done in Kerala, on can enjoy beautiful landscapes and interesting terrains that make this experience even more exciting. When you are in Kerala, you can enjoy horse riding at:
- Varkala, which is one of the most scenic seasides' of Kerala
- Horse riding at gallop Cochin Academy
- Horse riding in Stallion's valley, Thrissur
- Horse riding in Peermade
Where can I do the Rhodo Valley trek? How difficult is it?
The Rhodo Valley trek generally starts from Bangalore, from where your tour guides often pick you up. After the overnight journey, you reach the site from where the trek starts. The Rhodo Valley is a perfect adventure trip for the trekking enthusiasts as well as the people who love to spend some idyllic time while appreciating the immense natural beauty.
It's a difficult trek and there is a distance of 35 km in total to be covered during trekking.
Which are some famous jeep safari tours in Kerala?
Kerala has a plethora of landscapes like waterfalls, hilly regions and wildlife sanctuaries which can be best explored through a jeep safari. Here are the famous jeep safari tours that you can take in Kerala.
- Wildlife Safari at Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary in Wayanad
- Munnar Jeep Safari Tour
- Rosa Mystica's Jeep Safari in Thekkady
- Ramakkalmedu Off Road Jeep Safari
- Kolukkumalai Jeep Safari
- Periyar national Park Jeep Safari
- Jeep Safari to Chinnar wildlife sanctuary
What are the most romantic things to do on your Kerala honeymoon tour?
Apart from its beautiful landscapes, breathtaking beauty and serene tourist spots, Kerala is known for the blissful and idyllic ayurvedic treatments as well as healing spas. Here are the top places and things you can do on your honeymoon in Kerala:
- The River Retreat Heritage Ayurvedic Resort, Cheruthuruthy
- Kandamkulathy Ayursoukhyam Ayurveda Health Resorts, Athirappilly
- Beach and lake Ayurvedic Resort, Thiruvananthapuram
- Ideal Ayurvedic Resort, Kovalam
- Shinshiva Ayurvedic Resort, Kovalam
- Somatheeram Ayurvedic Resort, Kovalam
- Nattika Beach Ayurveda Resort, Thrissur
- Kalari Kovilakom, Palakkad
- Carnoustie Ayurveda and Wellness Resort, Mararikulam
- Kalari Rasayana Venad, Kollam
- Fragrant Nature Ayurvedic Spa
- Sitaram Ayurveda Centre, Thrissur
Which are the best waterfalls to visit on your Kerala tour?
Kerala is blessed with some of the nature's best wonders and breathtakingly beautiful sights like waterfalls. The monsoon season in Kerala ensures that you witness some of the most majestic waterfalls. Here are the best waterfalls to visit when you are in Kerala:
- Sentinel Rock Waterfall located near Kalpetta
- Powerhouse Waterfalls located near Munnar
- Perunthenaruvi Waterfalls located near Pathanamthitta and Thiruvalla
- Chethalayam waterfalls located near Kalpetta
- Vazhachaal Waterfalls located in Athirapally
- Keezharkuthu Waterfalls located near Idukki
- Palaruvi Waterfalls located near Kollam
- Thommankuthu Waterfalls located near Idukki and Munnar
- Meenmutty Waterfalls located near Kalpetta
- Athirappilly Waterfalls located near Thrissur