- Pushkar Camel Fair is one of the most famous and oldest festivals of India where the travelers witness stunning myriads of the color of Rajasthan. Also known as 'Pushkar Mela,' Pushkar Fair primarily celebrates Kartik Purnima Festival, which takes place during the full moon day according to the Hindu Lunar month of Kartik.
- The days from 05th to 15th November 2016 will be special for Rajasthan, mainly for Pushkar. Because, on these days, Pushkar will host the famous Pushkar Camel Fair 2016, a highly rated travel experience in India.
- You also get an exciting chance to witness this huge gathering of Rajasthan natives as well as tourists from all over the world under one roof. Partake in this 2-days 1-night package or 3-days and 2-nights package brimming with utmost fun.
- What you can find out from this event happening on the banks of Pushkar lake, is the colourful combination of competitions, cultural programmes, selling and buying of different materials including camels, goats, and sheep.
- A camel race with the accompaniment of music is the highlight. Stalls where you can get fine clothes, ornaments etc enhance the overall experience at Pushkar Fair.
- In recent years, the organisers have added a cricket match between a local Pushkar club and a team of random foreign tourists as well to the fest.
- In addition, you will get the opportunity to enjoy some adventurous moments on the golden sands of Thar. Paragliding, camel ride, Quad biking, and camping are there just to turn your short trip to a bundle of complete fun and excitement.
- The package includes food, accommodation and activities. The check-in and check-out time is 11:30 AM.
- There are two different packages: 2 days/ 1 night package with and without activities and 3 days/ 2 nights package with and without activities.
Pushkar Hot Air Balloon Festival
Pushkar Hot Air Balloon Festival - The best time to indulge in ballooning is after sunrise when the winds are at the calmest.
The best time to go for ballooning in Pushkar is at the time of Pushkar Fair when the climate in Rajasthan is at its best offering. The half-hour ride in the sky of Pushkar is sure to send your adrenaline rushing while not being scary at all.
Winter months provide the most reliable conditions, but during summer it is better if the ride is taken early morning. The duration of ballooning flight can change at the pilots discretion, taking into account the winds, temperature and weight carried on the day.
How to get there
By train: From Delhi to Ajmer by train and to Pushkar by road transport
By road: RSRTC buses run regularly from Delhi to Rajasthan.
Nearest Town: Ajmer
Exact Location: 11 km north west of Ajmer
Distance: Delhi “ Ajmer “ 389 km. Ajmer “ Pushkar : 11 km
Physical fitness is of importance considering the walk through the paddocks during the hot air ballooning. The half hour ride is on foot, as there is no seating inside the gondola so it is advisable not to take children along.
Clothing should include sturdy shoes or boots plus sunglasses, gloves and a cap. Dont forget to bring an extra film for photography. When alone a balloon can rise upto 800 feet and above, while those in groups may be restricted to heights between 200 and 500 feet.
The Pushkar fair takes place every year usually in November, depending on the cycle of the moon. In 2009, the official dates for the Pushkar Camel Fair are October 30 to November 2. Camel trading and other activities takes place over the 5 days leading up to the official start of the festival, after which time the focus shifts to heightened religious celebrations.