Malaysia is a land of pristine beaches, lush green rain forests, amazing landscapes as well as modern cities, rich culture, and heritage. When you look for a holiday destination, you will find places like Kuala Lumpur, Johor, Kundasang, Penang, Malaka, and Ipoh among the best places for family trips in Malaysia. Pick one of the several tour packages that have been specially designed to ensure you have a fun-filled time packed with the most exciting activities that you can enjoy with your family.
Take a family tour in Malaysia to enjoy its vibrant cities, steeped in culture, tradition, and a rich history. Visit the capital city of Kuala Lumpur to see some of the tallest skyscrapers in the world along with a great mix of the old and the new worlds. If you are looking for some quiet family time, head to the cooler climates of the Genting Highlands or the Cameron Highlands. Enjoy the pristine white beaches and water activities like snorkeling, swimming, and scuba diving at Kapas Island or Pulau Rawa. There are no limitations when it comes to exploring this exotic land that has something to offer everyone.
People Also Ask About Family Tours in Malaysia
Which are the best cities to visit in Malaysia on a family tour?
1. Kuala Lumpur: This massive metropolitan capital city is among the best places for family trips in Malaysia. The city is home to some of the world’s tallest skyscrapers including the twin Petronas Towers. It also boasts of a range of other attractions such as mosques, temples, markets, malls, and much more. You can also witness the country’s distinctive cultural heritage here alongside some interesting colonial architecture. If you visit the area around Merdeka Square, you will also come across some of the best cafes and restaurants. Visit quaint neighborhoods such as Little India and Chinatown to relish a good mix of the old world charm and new technology.
What’s special: Petronas Twin Towers, Thean Hou temple, KL Railway station, Berjaya Times Square Theme Park, Islamic Arts Museum, Menara KL Tower, KL Bird Park, Batu Caves, Merdeka Square
Click Here to Book: Petronas Twin Towers Tickets
2. Genting Highlands: As you head out of the capital city of Kuala Lumpur, you will find yourself amidst rolling greenery and miles of verdure stretching out before your eyes at the Genting Highlands. Known as one of the best places to include when you are planning a family trip in Malaysia, it offers a plethora of beautiful holiday resorts where you can put up. The highlands also boast a number of amusement parks where you and your family can visit to spend quality time with each other.
3. Johor: Located at the southernmost part of the country, this city is near its borders with Singapore. Although it is one of the places where most people stop by only when en route to the neighboring country, it has its own charms and is one of the best places for family trips in Malaysia. The city has been undergoing a lot of developmental activities in recent times to make it more tourist friendly and enjoyable by entire families. You can visit the several museums along with a variety of other cultural attractions that you will find here. The city also boasts of a buzzing nightlife and some great shopping areas.
4. Cameron Highlands: This cozy and quiet little hill station situated at a height of more than a thousand meters above sea level, is great if you are looking for a place for a family tour in Malaysia. The breathtaking beauty, cool temperatures, and fresh air is a perfect getaway from your busy city life. The verdant greenery and rolling landscapes sweeping across the plateaus of the lofty Main Range is a sight to behold. Watch the scenery fold out before your eyes midway between Penang and KL with lush pockets of tropical rain forests and emerald green tea fields as you go along.
What’s special: Batu Brinchang, Local tea villages
If you are planning for a trip to Malaysia, then you can checkout & Book: Malaysia Trip Packages
5. Kundasang: If you are looking for a quiet and peaceful family time, this is your ideal destination. Located at the foothills of the mighty Mount Kinabalu, in the Ranau District in Borneo, Kundasang is one of Malaysia’s most unspoiled natural beauty that is still relatively untouched by conventional tourism. It is an absolute haven for nature and wildlife enthusiasts as it is completely carpeted in lush greenery with some of the most exotic wildlife in the region. Explore the area along some of the off beaten paths to discover sheer beauty here. At an elevation of 6,200 feet, the weather is pleasant all year round and it is also the highest inhabited town in Malaysia.
What’s special: The fresh vegetable markets, Desa Dairy Farm, Kinabalu National Park, Sabah Tea Garden, Poring Hot spring, paragliding, Kundasang Market, Kundasang War Memorial
6. Pulau Rawa: One of the hidden gems in Malaysia, Pulau Rawa is the perfect destination if you are looking for peace and tranquility. Enjoy the sun, sea, and sand on miles of white beaches which are very different from other very popular beaches in Malaysia for their exclusive location that keeps it protected and out of the list of conventional tourist spots. Although, it will take you a mere 30 minutes from the mainland to reach Pulau Rawa by boat, it feels like it is a world apart for its calm beauty.
What’s special: Rawa Island resort, Water slide, swimming and snorkeling opportunity, scuba diving, kayaking, and other water sports, hiking and jungle walks
7. Kapas Island: Located in the Malaysian state of Terengganu, Kapas Island is the best place if you wish to witness the rich marine life here. The tiny island measures roughly 1.5 by 2.5 km and literally means Cotton island referring to its pristine white beaches. Visit here with your entire family to enjoy the clear sea water, soft beaches, tropical jungle, and coral reefs in the surrounding waters. It is also referred to as the diving and snorkeling paradise by many travelers who visit here.
What’s special: scuba diving, snorkeling, jungle trekking, beach volleyball, sea kayaking
Also Explore & Book: Malaysia Honeymoon Packages
8. Melaka: Situated on the western coast of the Malaysian peninsula, this is one of the best places for a family tour in Malaysia. You will see remnants of a strong Dutch, British, and Portuguese influence on the local architecture and culture because each of these colonists ruled here at some point in history. As a result there are distinct marks left by each nation that are palpable in different aspects of the city. Melaka or Malacca, as it is popularly referred to, is also known for its bustling night markets that have on offer a wide range of food outlets serving a plethora of local and international cuisines.
What’s special: Christ Church, Jonker Street, St Paul’s Church, Baba and Nyonya House Museum, Cheng Hoon teng temple
9. Penang: Penang is a Malaysian province that stretches along the country’s northwestern coast and attracts millions of tourists every year for its gorgeous beauty. Experience the beauty of the place that is a perfect combination of beaches, mountains covered in lush greenery, exquisite marine life, durian farms, and much more. Visit Penang with your family to explore the beautiful surroundings and narrow lanes featuring mural trails, colonial art, and 19th century architecture. Penang is also known as the regional food paradise and you can enjoy rich cuisines from different parts of Asia served here.
What’s special: Food tours, Batu Ferringhi, Georgetown, kopitiams, Little India
10. Ipoh: This is the capital of the state of Perak and among the most popular places for a family tour in Malaysia especially if you wish to get away from the big busy cities. The city lies between Kuala Lumpur and Malaysia’s border with Thailand. You can tour the lovely town with your entire family, stroll along the buzzing streets which are lined with lots of little shops, cafes, and restaurants. Head to the newer parts of the town where you will find a lot of fine dining places as well as big restaurants serving authentic traditional and local dishes. The city also boasts a number of impressive temple complexes which attract visitors of all religions, particularly the Perang Tong Cave temple.
What’s special: Perang Tong cave temple
Suggested For You: Places To Visit In Malaysia
Which are the best tourist attractions in Malaysia for a family tour?
1. Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur: Visit one of the world’s tallest buildings with your family and enjoy a breathtaking view of the entire city from the observation deck or the double skybridge here on the 41st and 42nd floors.
2. Batu Caves, Selangor: These caves are a great place to visit with family especially if you are up for climbing the nearly 130 colorful steps to the caves. Visit the spiritual site which houses a massive golden statue of Lord Murugan, that also attracts many devotees to pay their respects here
3. Mount Kinabalu, Sabah: Experience the peace and tranquil surroundings with your family atop mount Kinabalu, the tallest mountain in Malaysia. It is also a part of a park, one of the oldest national parks in the country.
4. Perhentian Islands: If you are looking for a budget holiday with affordable boarding arrangements yet with some of the best scenic beauty, this is where you should be headed. Go for adventurous jungle treks with open spectacular views of the water along the way.
Recommended Read: Best Places To Visit In Malaysia
What are the best things to do while visiting Malaysia with family?
1. Jewelry making workshop in Kuala Lumpur: This is a great way to enjoy quality family time in Malaysia while also learning a new and interesting skill. The three hours class is available for adults as well as children where you get to make a necklace, a bracelet or a pair of earrings. At the end of the session you also get to keep a souvenir as a keepsake of your time together
2. Go on an Ipoh heritage trail on a rickshaw: When in Ipoh you will find that the rickshaw is one of the most convenient modes of transport. Take a ride on these fun vehicles with your family and go on the Ipoh heritage trail to explore the cultural heritage of Ipoh old town.
3. Visit Labis sunrise Farm in Johor: Enjoy a unique experience of living on this fruit farm away from the bustle of city life. Get breathtaking views with tropical farm visits and stay in a villa style 3 story bed and breakfast with your entire family. You can also learn a lot about fruit harvesting and enjoy a steamboat dinner.
4. Go on a magical river trek at Selangor: Enjoy a wet and wild adventure trip with your family amid the wilderness of the Malaysian rainforests. Trek through the breathtaking natural beauty and witness a multi-tiered waterfall at the end of the road.
Must Explore: Top Beaches in Malaysia
What is the best time to visit Malaysia with your family?
The best time to visit Malaysia is usually between the months of December and April when the weather remains relatively dry and conducive for sightseeing as well as all other outdoor adventurous activities that the country has to offer.
You can Also Checkout: Popular Things to Do in Malaysia with Kids
Which are Malaysia's top activities and attraction tickets that I can book via Thrillophilia?Here are some of Malaysia's top activities and attraction tickets that you can book via Thrillophilia:
1. Batu Caves Tour
2. KL Hop on Hop off Bus Tour
3. Genting Highlands Day Tour
4. Petrosains KLCC Tickets
5. KL Tower Mini Zoo Tickets
6. 99 Wonderland Park Tickets
7. Superpark Malaysia Tickets
8. Langkawi Wildlife Park Tickets
9. Crocodile Adventureland Langkawi Tickets
10. Splash Out Langkawi Tickets
- Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Lumpur
Relish in Famosa Theme park-the largest Water Theme Park in Malaysia,’ as you launch your exhilarating water adventure! Take your swimsuit and hurdle into the imperturbable kind of solstice pleasurable; fun and share the enjoyment with your friends or family, and get away from the jostle and buzz of life. Titled after the prominent 16th-century Portuguese barricades of Melaka, A’Famosa Resort is bounded by rising and falling hills and lush scenery and is rated one of the county’s foremost vacation and outing destinations. A Famosa Resort is a little distant from the historic town of Melaka, noticeable from the North-South Highway. It is just an hour's drive from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and 1 hour 30 mins drive from Kuala Lumpur. With calm pools, thrilling slides, splendid attractions, and enticing treats. There’s a little for everybody. Enjoy all day at this one of a kind theme parks.Get together either on a business trip or on a family trip. Take indulgence in several functions, take advantage of our match and aquatic game pool here, and rest certain that your entire group or family will have electrifying time. There is a separate Kids Zone where they can enjoy the adventures that are just for their height at children’s water play area. The Kids’ Adventure Pool with their baby slides, water springs, and a water park are all the kids' favorites. Get along with family, get dressed in your swimwear and revel in surfing at the beach. Every time the alarms yelp, a surge bounces near the shore, the shouts of exhilaration from the Wave Pool will be picking up. Another excitement is family raft where rides are with extra fun when you get to adore them with friends and family. This standard waterslide has been a long-time much-loved for people of all ages.
Mantanani Islands, a small group of three isolated islands, is a very picturesque and serene destination. From island trekking and sunset cruise to fishing or exploring the beach, you can do a whole lot of activities at the Mantanani Islands. Pristine blue waters and the stunning natural beauty makes this place a paradise for beach lovers. The island has the most diverse forms of marine life. Snorkelling and diving are the major water activities you can look forward to enjoying on this island.Sitting in crystal-clear aquamarine waters, the three islands, Mantanani Besar, Mantanani Kecil and Lungisan have become very popular for muck diving due to the existence of sea-horses, imperial shrimps, blue-ringed octopus, pink-eyed gobbles and many more species of marine animals. The island is located in the north-western part of the state capital of Sabah, Kota Kinabalu and one can take a 55 minute speed boat ride from the Kota Belud if the weather conditions permit. Mantanani Besar is the largest of the three islands. This part has not been much commercialized due to its thin structure as it is shaped like a knife. It is an absolute heaven for divers as it allows up to 40 metres of visibility. Many exotic birds flock to the island making it a great place for bird watching. Several species of pigeons, sunbirds and the Mantanani scops owls are some of the beautiful bird species you can expect to see at the island. For those who do not want to indulge in water sports, the island offers a hoard of activities for them as well. You can laze around on a hammock, play a game of volleyball or visit the nearest village for fishing. There are quite a few resorts, homestays and other places to stay in and around the island.
Named after Mount Mulu, Gunung Mulu National Park is a breathtakingly gorgeous national park located in the Mulu World Heritage area of Sarawak in Malaysia. It is believed that the rainforests in the national park took around 60 million years to form. Hence, it has been considered one of the eminent attractions in South East Asia and one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites.The highlights of the Gulung Mulu National Park are the several caves and mountains that are found in the pristine rainforest setting. If you are looking for a place away from the hustle and bustle of city life and want to experience some fun-filled adventure, no other place than Gulung Mulu National Park will give you this much-needed satisfaction. You can indulge yourself in trekking, caving, and camping activities with your group of friends and relish the beauty of nature in its lap.You can either take a Showcaves tour, trek along the beautiful treks and trails, go for adventure caving with your friends, or opt for extreme adventure packages for an extra adrenaline rush. Nature lovers would definitely love this place due to the uniqueness and tranquility of nature while enjoying the adventure in the darkness of the night.Suggested for You: Best Places to Visit in Kota Kinabalu