Popular Thekkady Packages
|4 Days 3 Nights||₹ 9600.0|
|5 Days 4 Nights||₹ 15300.0|
|4 Days 3 Nights||₹ 16800.0|
|7 Days 6 Nights||₹ 22100.0|
|5 Days 4 Nights||₹ 14990.0|
Embark on a journey into the wilderness by opting for one of the Thekkady Tour Packages offered by Thrillophilia. Grab exciting deals and get away from the hustle-bustle of daily life to spend some time in the midst of nature and wildlife. You will not need to worry about basic arrangements such as accommodation, meals, transportation and also sightseeing as everything will be taken care of by us. Moreover, our tailor-made packages will also take care of any specific need that you might be having. After opting for our package, all that will be left to you to enjoy the trip.
Our Package will take you sightseeing to visit places like Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Mangla Devi Temple and many more. If you are interested in adventures, then you can avail of various adventure packages on offer which will allow you to experience the jungle atop an elephant during an elephant ride, can opt for a jeep ride or explore the beauty of the jungle from the waters by going on a boat ride. You can even become more adventurous and go on a jungle patrolling package to enjoy the jungle atmosphere at night. Another exciting significance of this town is the various spice plantations present there. Your package can take you on a trip to visit some of them as well. So, decide on which is the best deal for you, the options you are looking for, and select the best suited package to visit the place where mother nature has generously bestowed its natural wonders.
The Thekkady Packages from Thrillophilia come with excellent offers and discounts up to 50% off, making your tour pocket friendly. Moreover, the package will assist you in exploring this town extensively in an organized manner. Whether you are travelling solo, with your partner or along with your family, our tour packages will surely suit your requirement perfectly. You will also find various options available based on the number of days you wish to go on a vacation for. So, grab a deal today and go for your exciting trip. Thrillophilia will ensure that you enjoy your vacation thoroughly and return back with wonderful memories feeling re-energised to dive back into your daily life again.
People Also Ask About Thekkady Tours
How to reach Thekkady?
1.By Air: Madurai Airport is the nearest airport to Thekkady. The airport is well connected with different parts of India. From Madurai, you will need to travel 136 km to reach Thekkady
2.By Rail: Nearest railway station to Thekkady is Kottayam, located at a distance of 114 km from the town. The station is connected to different parts of India by several local, express or superfast trains.
3.By Road: Thekkady has good road connectivity with cities such as Kochi, Kottayam, Kothamangalam, Munnar and Trivandrum. You can find both deluxe buses as well as private cabs for reaching Thekkady from these locations
What are the top attractions on a sightseeing tour in Thekkady?
Take a pleasant drive from Kottayam to Kumay. Towards the Western Ghats, you will find the tea plantations, rolling estates of tea, rubber, coffee, cardamom, and pepper; these are sprinkled with forests and diversion reserves. Thekkady is one of the popular destinations of South India that is spread across the Periyar Valley and towards its high ranges are the Cardamom Hills and other thickly forested jungles.
This city is also an important centre for the spice trade, thus you may find some of the best attractions to visit, such as:
- Periyar Lake
- Kadathanadan Kalari & Navarasa Kathakali
- Green Park Ayurvedic & Spices Plantation
- Periyar Tiger Reserve
- Mudra Cultural Centre
- Gavi Forest
- Mullaperiyar Dam
- Mangala Devi Temple
- Deepa World Spice and Ayurvedic Garden
- Chellarkovil Viewpoint
How much does it cost to visit Thekkady?
You can opt for one of the Thekkady Tour Packages and visit the town with family for 4 days and 3 nights with a cost of Rs.5000 per person for the whole trip. The trip will include your accommodation, transportation, sightseeing expenses and also meals
Which is the best time to visit Thekkady?The best time to visit Thekkady is between the months of September to April. This is the period when the weather conditions are most pleasant. If you wish to spot a lot of wild animals, you may prefer to visit towards March and April.
What is so special about Thekkady?Thekkady, a beautiful town in Kerala located 4 km away from Kumily, a plantation town on the Kerala-Tamil Nadu border, is well known for its wildlife present in its wildlife sanctuary. It is the home to various animal species such as sambar, elephants, gaur, tigers, lion-tailed macaques and Nilgiri langurs. The sanctuary, famous for its dense evergreen, savanna grasslands, and moist deciduous forests, will also provide you with a mystified atmosphere that will propel you to participate in adventurous activities. Apart from this, Thekkady is also well known for its breathtakingly beautiful landscapes, delicious cuisines and many more.
Which are the things to do on Thekkady Tour?
1.Boating in Periyar Lake: One of the most enjoyable activities you can enjoy during your Thekkady Tour Packages is going for a boating experience in Periyar Lake. The lake is located near Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary and you will be able to see the animals of the sanctuary drinking, bathing, resting or searching for food during your 2-hour ride. If luck favours you, you may also be able to spot elephants playing with their babies.
2. Elephant Ride: A unique experience you can opt for in your Thekkady Packages is an elephant ride at the Periyar Tiger Park. The activity not only includes a ride on the majestic animal to tour the jungle but also seeing them take a bath and get fed. This enjoyable activity will also include an enjoyable photo session with elephants which will give you some memories to carry home.
3.Bullock Cart Ride: Discover the rural life of Kerala as you go on a bullock cart ride. Explore a part of Thekkady during your ride and cover the tracks of the forest and various other villages in the vicinity. Feel excited as you get a glimpse of the rural culture and learn more about them. Take a look at fruits trees and flowers blooming all around and pass vineyards as you go.
4.Purchase Spices: Your Thekkady Tour Packages will remain incomplete if you do not opt for exploring the local spice market to purchase some spice. Talk a walk through the buzzing markets of Thekkady such as the Kumily street, Netaji market, etc. and shop for spices such as cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, garlic, vanilla, pepper, cinnamon, clove, and several others. Tea and coffee lovers must purchase some varieties of local tea and coffee to take back home with them. In addition to spices, you must not miss purchasing the famous banana chips, a hot favourite snack in this area.
5.Jungle Night Patrol: An interesting activity to be included in your Thekkady Tour Packages for the night thrill-seekers is Jungle night patrolling. Shackle all your nerves and start on a long walk into the jungle for 2-3 km to explore the sections of Periyar Tiger Reserve in the darkness of the late night. The place allows a maximum of two teams every night. You will be accompanied by two guides along with an armed forest guard. Stay close behind the guides to know the maximum about the paths and their wilds.
6. Jeep Safari in Thekkady: Another enjoyable activity to embark on in Thekkady is a jeep safari. Explore the dense forests, lush green spice plantations and sparkling waters during the popular off-the-track adventure which features traversing the bewitching wonders of nature. Opt for the jeep safari which will take you up to Gavi where you will be able to view the beauty of this captivating region at its best.
7. Hike Up the Trails of Thekkady’s Border: You can include a jungle hike in your Thekkady Tour Packages and get an opportunity to leave your footprints on the most difficult trails in the wilderness of the jungles. You will be hiking for 7-8 hours to cover 15 km of the trail during which you will be able to spot wild animals such as elephants, Gaur or sloth bears. En-route you can spot to admire the picturesque views of lush greenery and capture them in your cameras.
Which are the famous localities for a food tour in Thekkady?
Apart from the much known invigorating activities like - the Periyar trail, boating, nature walks, trekking, plantation visits and much more, Thekkady is popular for its food joints and local cuisine. Thekkady has a bite for everyone from freshly cooked bread to local snacks and cuisine that are cooked in fresh coconut oil. Relish the Keralan delicacies that are rich in exotic spices and represents the food culture of Kerala. Get the best of the fish preparations in which you can indulge amazingly:
- Ebony's Café
- Chrissie's Café
- Shri Krishna
- Ambadi Restaurant
- French Restaurant & Bakery
- Peppermint restaurant
- Chillies restaurant
- Allspice restaurant
- Kunjar restaurant
- Bamboo Café
- Grandma's Café
How many days are enough for Thekkady?
You can consider going on 4 days 3 nights Thekkady Tour Packages to cover the major attractions of the town. An ideal itinerary will be as follows:
Day 1: Reach Thekkady and visit the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. Go on a Spice Plantation Tour and take a boat ride in Periyar Lake. Keep the evening for an optical Kathakali and kalaripayattu show. Visit the local spice market.
Day 2: Indulge in some activities such as trekking, bird watching, elephant safari etc
Day 3: Take a trip to Gavi
Day 4: Return back
Which are the best areas for a shopping in Thekkady?
This city is the perfect holiday destination - with 2 spoonfuls of picturesque beauty, one tablespoon of green meadows, lakes, a hint of romance, you get everything in this city. However, for the shopping spree, what they have is stunningly awesome. This spicy adventurous city has many places to shop including the local bazaars, spice and handicrafts shop, Cardamom and Pepper market (that are locally grown) around Kumily, Kumily bazaar for local grown spices and antiques.
Have a look at few of the major markets and shops:
- Lord’s spice supermarket
- Chola handicraft centre (known for Chola handicraft, Clothes made up of silk, cotton, linen etc.)
- Eco Shop is known for Souvenirs, postcards, message T-shirts, WWF products, wildlife books etc
- Eco Spices shops for Organic fresh spices like vanilla, saffron, tea, coffee, cardamom, cloves, pepper, nutmeg, star anise, nut maze, honey, ayurvedic oils, cinnamon, and homemade chocolates
- You may find many Kashmiri Emporiums that sell brilliant clothes light-coloured material
Which are the heritage tours in Thekkady?
A significant nature's beauty that is covered with remarkable Wild Life Sanctuary, and stunning attractions for every traveller to pay a visit - additionally it also has great worth for its heritage hotels and luxury resorts. The grasslands and the deciduous forests typify this region. There are many Heritage Hotels in Thekkady that offers great accommodation and takes back you in the ancient era.
When on the heritage walk or a tour you witness many temples, backwater trails, city tour with cultural tinge temple like:
- Mangala Devi Temple
- Mudra Cultural Centre
- Kadathanadan Kalari & Navarasa Kathakali
- Other than this, heritage hotels like Spice village, Lake Palace, Shalimar spice garden, Cardamom County will offer royal stay while you on a heritage tour in Thekkady.
What is the best houseboat stays in Thekkady?
Kerala houseboats - locally known as Kettuvallams and the integral part of the incalculable area of waterways. These backwaters form the backbone of Kerala backwater tourism. Conventionally they were used for transportation of locals and for ferrying goods like rice from paddy fields to the local market and ports and spices. Today these beautifully crafted houseboats - which is the major tourist attraction for the travellers.
The houseboats measure up to 120 feet in length and are meticulously crafted. Take a houseboat tour to the city and stay in the charismatic backwaters of Kerela. There can be different types of houseboat tours-like:
- Half Day stay
- Full day stay
- Customised package for more than two days
- Excursion houseboat tour
- Heritage houseboat tour
- Journey to the Backwaters in houseboat
Which are the best places to visit in Thekkady Tour?
1. Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary : Every Thekkady Tour Packages will include a trip to Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, the crowning glory of the town and also one of the best wildlife sanctuaries in India. Spread over 357 square miles, Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary is well known for its very rich biodiversity. The sanctuary is also well known for its elephant and tiger reserves. Explore the various parts of the sanctuary and fulfill your adventure spirit by participating in various adventures such as safari, trekking or rafting. Enjoy the picturesque vista with awe-inspiring environs and seek some peacetime in the tranquil ambience of the place.
2. Mangla Devi Temple: Another attraction of the town worthy of inclusion in your Thekkady Packages is Mangla Devi Temple in Idukki. Located within the premises of the Periyar Tiger Reserves, Mangala Devi also known as Kannaki symbolises moral powers possessed by a woman. Visit the temple to seek blessings and also to enjoy the scenic beauty and the pristine ambience of the temple surrounded by lush green trees.
3. Abraham’s Spice Garden : Thekkady is well known for its spices and Abraham’s Spice Garden is the place to visit if you want to feel tantalised with the heavenly aroma of spices. Spread over an area of 2 acres, Abraham’s Spice Garden is a privately run magnificent organic garden of spices with a delightful charm and picturesque view of the garden full of cardamom, cinnamon, pepper, turmeric etc. Get a hands-on experience of spice cultivation as you go on an interactive tour that explains the cultivation and processing of various spices.
4. Murikkady : Another spice plantation that you can include in your Thekkady Tour Packages is Murikkady. The place offers panoramic views of lush green gardens and the magnificent chain of hills encircling the area and is well known for its coffee and cardamom cultivation. Apart from these two varieties, you will also feel delighted to find twelve other varieties of spices such as turmeric, ginger, vanilla, pepper and also tea. Go for a day outing in this place with a healthy environment with fresh air which is good not just for your body, but also your mind.
5.Kumily :Another must-inclusion in your Thekkady Packages is Kumily, a quaint village located 4 km from Thekkady. This mesmerizing gateway is famous for its tea plantations and spices. Spend a day in the village’s tranquility and serenity, created by deep forests and idyllic countryside. Relax amongst the lush green hills and aroma of tea and spice plantation and experience rejuvenation like never before
6. Chellarkovil Viewpoint: Another beautiful place to include in your Thekkady Tour Packages is the quaint village of Chellarkovil and its viewpoint. The place is popular for its natural beauty of bamboo forests with white water cascading from a nearby waterfall. Catch a glimpse of the sun setting behind lush green hills and take a look at the tall mountain ridges disappearing into white fluffy clouds. Go to the viewpoint to enjoy a bewitching view of vibrant human settlements and plowed fields surrounded by dense green forests.
7.Pandikuzhi : Pandikuzhi is an enchanting hill station located between Chellarkovil and the Tamil Nadu border at just 5 km from Thekkady. The mesmerizing town is cradled in a captivating landscape consisting of exotic flora and fauna. Get away from the hustle-bustle of the city to spend some peaceful time in the lush green hills offering serenity and tranquility. Delight in the view surrounding you with thickets of greenery, gushing streams, waterfalls and a variety of flora and fauna.
Which are the best wildlife experiences in Thekkady?
Globetrotters travel all over the world, to experience nature in its wildest and most untouched form. Therefore, when in Thekkady wildlife tour package you would not regret any experience. As this city has an abundance of rich flora and fauna, and striking wildlife. Explore the rich biodiversity of Thekkady and have fun with some of the rare animals.
Have a look at a few:
- Peppara Wildlife sanctuary
- Periyar Wildlife sanctuary
- Thattekad Bird Sanctuary
- Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary
- Eravikulam National Park
- Mullaiperiyar Dam
What are the best cultural tours in Thekkady?
You will find a great influence of Kerela's culture and reflection in Thekkady's art and tradition. This city is rich in culture and has deep influence dating back thousands of years. One may have a glance at the traditional dance Kathakali and other dance dramas. There is also centres for martial arts showing Kalaripayattu, the oldest form of martial arts in the world.
These are few places, which you can visit on a cultural tour to Thekkady:
- Mudra Cultural centre
- Kathakali dance and other dance dramas
- Kadathanadan Kalari Centre
- Tribal heritage centre