1. Eravikulam National Park: Home to a diverse range of local flora and fauna, the Eravikulam National Park has been a home to various wildlife species. Being a UNESCO world Heritage site, this national park has been housing various endangered species, including lion tailed macaque, motors, tigers and leopards.
The species of mountain goats known as Nilgiri Towers are also finding their home here. The most famous aspect of this national Park is that it is a home to Neelakurinji flowers which bloom every 12 years.
Location: The Wildlife Warden Munnar PO, Kerala 685612.
Price: INR 90 to INR 370 per person.
Timings: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
2. Echo Point: A natural vista popular for being a camping site, Echo point is a go to spot for locals as well as tourists. Overlooking the green meadows and low-lying areas, this location provides the tourist with a very beautiful panorama of the skies.
People usually visit here during the sunset and sunrise to gaze into the crimson coloured sun. Around the Echo point One can easily find hiking trails. The most famous feature of this place is that it lies away from the noises of the city; thus providing a peaceful getaway to nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.
Location: Kannan Devi Hills, Munnar, Kerala.
Price: INR 30 per person.
3. Mattupetty Dam: One of the very famous places of Munnar, the Mattupetty Dam is preached at a height of 1700 m above the sea level. This town was a project of Indo Swiss livestock and since then this place has been a very popular picnic spot among locals as well as tourists. Featuring a beautiful lake in its centre, the dam overlooks Anamudi Peak.
People usually visit here to take part in activities like boating, camping, hiking and trekking. If travelling with family or on a romantic vacation with your partner, this place will let you enjoy numerous activities based on your choices. The scenery of a lake having a mountain as a guard behind it makes it a very famous spot among photographers and nature enthusiasts as well.
Location: Munnar - Top Station Hwy, Mattupetty, Kerala 685616.
Price: INR 10 for entry and INR 500 for boating.
4. Attukad Waterfalls: Being a multi tiered waterfall, the Attukad waterfalls have been a popular tourist destination in Munnar. Ideal for trekking and picnics, this waterfall is located in the middle of rolling hills and reaching here is an adventure in itself.
Being a feast for the eyes in a true sense, one can gaze into various cascading streams here, meeting together at a point and creating a big pool of foam. The waterfall remains in its full strength in monsoons and one can enjoy activities like swimming around that time as well. Having lush green jungles all around makes it a romantic escapade and a perfect place to spend some time with your loved ones away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Location: Attukad Waterfall Rd, Pallivasal, Kerala 685565.
5. Top Station: Staying true to its name, Top Station is one such location which lies on the highest grounds of Munnar. Preached at the height of 1700 m from the sea level, this place boasts of offering some of the most scenic and panoramic views of the Western Ghats. Once you reach here, you can gaze into the unparalleled and unrestricted views of Theni district.
You will be surrounded by low-lying clouds and an abundance of natural beauty. Away from the hustle and bustle of the City, the Top Station is famous for providing solitude to nature enthusiasts and peace seekers. If wishing to spend some time away from the noises of the city, then you can plan a camping session here and spend a night under the starry sky.
Location: Top Station, Munnar.
6. Pothamedu View Point: If wishing to spend your day at a location from where you can gaze into the uninterrupted views of the rolling hills, mountains lined like guards and low-lying valleys, then Pothamedu View Point is the best location for you.
Overlooking the tea, coffee and cardamom plantations, this viewpoint has been a go to spot for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts. Reaching the Pothamedu View Point is an adventure in itself, and one will have to trek for around 1 to 2 hours to finally reach here.
Location: Pothamedu View Point, Munnar, Kerala, 685565.
Price: INR 10 per person.
7. TATA Tea Museum: Tracing back to the second century AD, the tea estate around this museum has been attracting tourists from all over the world. The TATA Tea Museum is a very important part of tea supplying and manufacturing in Munnar.
Once a factory where tea making process used to be done, now the TATA Tea Museum has been converted into a museum showcasing a variety of machinery, antiques and written work related to the tea making procedure. On your visit here, do not forget to take back the freshly grown packets of tea and sip at your own comforts.
Location: KDHP House, NH 49, Nullatanni, Munnar, Kerala 685612.
Price: INR 75 per person.
Timings: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
8. Kundala Dam Lake: Preached at a height of 1700 m above the sea level the Konderla dam Lake lets you experience a Kashmir like feeling. With an array of houseboats and Shikaras, this dam lets you enjoy a thrilling session of boating through its pristine waters.
The wonderful surroundings and The cynic lapse of lush green jungle makes this place worth visiting. The best part about Visiting here is that the surroundings of the lake are loaded with Neelakurinji flowers which only bloom once every 12 years.
Timings: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
9. Anamundi: Anamudi is a beautiful mountain located in the Western Ghats of Munnar. Loaded with splendid scenery of greens and home to colourful flora, this mountain peak is famous among adventure lovers and nature enthusiasts. The trail to the peak is famous for offering trekking tails and hiking paths. People from various corners of the country visit here to conquer its peaks and enjoy a thrilling experience.
10. The Blossom International Park: Entertaining tourists with an array of activities like skating, boating and water cycling, the Blossom International Park is a very famous picnic spot and a tourist attraction. Home to a wide variety of colourful local flora, this park is dotted with various tree houses apt for taking a break and clicking various memorable pictures.
Location: Bus Stand, Highway, Aluva - Munnar Road, near KSRTC, Moolakadai, Munnar, Kerala 685612.
Price: INR 10 per person.
Timings: 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM.