1. Go on an Excursion to ND Studio:If you are a TV or film lover, heading on an excursion to the famous ND Studio will be one of the most enjoyable things to do in Karjat for you.
This majestic studio has served as a shooting location for a plethora of TV serials and Bollywood movies, such as Devdas, Slumdog Millionaire, and Jodhaa Akbar. This huge studio features magnificent havelis, 2 colossal floors, open spaces, and green patches.
Location: Karjat Road, Chowk Phata, Khalapur, Karjat, Maharashtra 410206.
2. Explore the Spectacular Kondana Caves: History fanatics wondering what to do in Karjat can go on an exploration tour to the mystic Kondana Caves. Perched on a hilltop and enclosed by lush greenery, these beautiful caves are home to a plethora of intriguing Buddhist stupas and sculptures. These ancient rock-cut caves can be reached by trekking for around an hour from the Kondana town.
Location: Rajmachi Trek, Kondhane, Maharashtra 410201.
3. Seek Blessings at Kondeshwar Temple: One of the best things to do in Karjat for spiritual seekers is to pay homage at the ancient monumental Kondeshwar Temple.
Tucked in the majestic Sahyadri mountains, this beautiful temple houses a riveting Shivaling and is dedicated to the Hindu god, Lord Shiva. Lying near a riverfront, by the side of a cascading waterfall and surrounded by lush green trees on all sides, the temple offers a gorgeous sight to behold.
Location: Bhoj, Maharashtra 421503.
4. Soak in the Beauty of Bekare Falls: Head to the majestic Bekare Falls located in Bhivpuri village and bask in the unadulterated natural beauty of this spellbinding destination. Travelers visiting this waterfall spend time enjoying photography and taking a rejuvenating shower in the cool waters of the fall.
If you are a daredevil seeking some adrenaline, go rappelling at Bekare Falls to make your visit to this place more thrilling.
Location: Karjat, Maharashtra.
5. Bask in the Splendor of the Backwaters of Pali Bhutivali Dam: If you are a nature lover or peace seeker thinking what to do in Karjat during your trip, pay a visit to the spellbinding Backwaters of Pali Bhutivali Dam and spend time soaking in the scenic beauty and enjoying the calm atmosphere of the place.
Packed with lofty lush green hills and photogenic waterfalls, this developing dam offers the perfect destination for picnickers and couples.
Location: Diksal, Karjat, Maharashtra.
6. Trek to the Mythological Bahiri Cave: Travelers seeking adventure on their trip to Karjat can go on a trekking tour to the beautiful Bahiri Cave. Lying along the gorgeous Bhor Ghat and surrounded by lush greenery on all sides, this enchanting trek offers a moderate level of difficulty, which is suitable for all trekkers with a good physical fitness.
Once you reach the summit of this trek, you can catch spellbinding panoramic views of the peaks of the Sahyadri ranges, Rajmachi, Manaranjan, and Shrivardhan. Believed to be the abode of Lord Bahiri this place can also offer you spiritually positive vibes to soak in.
Location: Karjat, Maharashtra 410201.
7. Enjoy Water Rafting on Ulhas River: If you want to experience some real thrill, head to the charming Ulhas River, pick up your gears, and go experience white water river rafting amidst the wilderness.
Enclosed by the majestic Sahyadri mountains and featuring chilled waters, Ulhas River makes for an amazing destination for enjoying rafting in Karjat. River Ulhas along with its tributary Pej are known to flow all through the year, making rafting possible here in every season.
Location: Kune Village, Karjat, Maharashtra 410302.
Price: INR 1000 - 2500 per head.