Activities to Do in KarjatThe plethora of enjoyable things to do in Karjat are as wonderful and enticing as this small quaint village itself. These fun-filled and exhilarating activities are suitable for all kinds of travelers, including adventure fanatics, spiritual seekers, nature lovers, and history buffs.
If you are wondering what to do in Karjat on your most-awaited trip to this surreal land, you can be assured that you will get to engage in a multitude of mind-boggling activities including sightseeing, temple visits, adventure activities and photography.
From camping at Ulhas Valley and trekking to Kothaligad Fort to paying homage at Jain Temple and rappelling at Bhivpuri Dam, there is so much in store in Karjat for every traveler.
While the adventure fanatics can enjoy trekking, mountain climbing, and rafting, the spiritual seekers and peace lovers can bask in the blissful environment of the temples. And while history lovers can go on cave exploration tours, the nature lovers can enjoy long drives and stargazing.
People Also Ask About Karjat Things To Do
What are the best things to do in Karjat?
1. Go on an Excursion to ND Studio:If you are a TV or film lover, heading on an excursion to the famous ND Studio will be one of the most enjoyable things to do in Karjat for you.
This majestic studio has served as a shooting location for a plethora of TV serials and Bollywood movies, such as Devdas, Slumdog Millionaire, and Jodhaa Akbar. This huge studio features magnificent havelis, 2 colossal floors, open spaces, and green patches.
Location: Karjat Road, Chowk Phata, Khalapur, Karjat, Maharashtra 410206.
2. Explore the Spectacular Kondana Caves: History fanatics wondering what to do in Karjat can go on an exploration tour to the mystic Kondana Caves. Perched on a hilltop and enclosed by lush greenery, these beautiful caves are home to a plethora of intriguing Buddhist stupas and sculptures. These ancient rock-cut caves can be reached by trekking for around an hour from the Kondana town.
Location: Rajmachi Trek, Kondhane, Maharashtra 410201.
3. Seek Blessings at Kondeshwar Temple: One of the best things to do in Karjat for spiritual seekers is to pay homage at the ancient monumental Kondeshwar Temple.
Tucked in the majestic Sahyadri mountains, this beautiful temple houses a riveting Shivaling and is dedicated to the Hindu god, Lord Shiva. Lying near a riverfront, by the side of a cascading waterfall and surrounded by lush green trees on all sides, the temple offers a gorgeous sight to behold.
Location: Bhoj, Maharashtra 421503.
4. Soak in the Beauty of Bekare Falls: Head to the majestic Bekare Falls located in Bhivpuri village and bask in the unadulterated natural beauty of this spellbinding destination. Travelers visiting this waterfall spend time enjoying photography and taking a rejuvenating shower in the cool waters of the fall.
If you are a daredevil seeking some adrenaline, go rappelling at Bekare Falls to make your visit to this place more thrilling.
Location: Karjat, Maharashtra.
5. Bask in the Splendor of the Backwaters of Pali Bhutivali Dam: If you are a nature lover or peace seeker thinking what to do in Karjat during your trip, pay a visit to the spellbinding Backwaters of Pali Bhutivali Dam and spend time soaking in the scenic beauty and enjoying the calm atmosphere of the place.
Packed with lofty lush green hills and photogenic waterfalls, this developing dam offers the perfect destination for picnickers and couples.
Location: Diksal, Karjat, Maharashtra.
6. Trek to the Mythological Bahiri Cave: Travelers seeking adventure on their trip to Karjat can go on a trekking tour to the beautiful Bahiri Cave. Lying along the gorgeous Bhor Ghat and surrounded by lush greenery on all sides, this enchanting trek offers a moderate level of difficulty, which is suitable for all trekkers with a good physical fitness.
Once you reach the summit of this trek, you can catch spellbinding panoramic views of the peaks of the Sahyadri ranges, Rajmachi, Manaranjan, and Shrivardhan. Believed to be the abode of Lord Bahiri this place can also offer you spiritually positive vibes to soak in.
Location: Karjat, Maharashtra 410201.
7. Enjoy Water Rafting on Ulhas River: If you want to experience some real thrill, head to the charming Ulhas River, pick up your gears, and go experience white water river rafting amidst the wilderness.
Enclosed by the majestic Sahyadri mountains and featuring chilled waters, Ulhas River makes for an amazing destination for enjoying rafting in Karjat. River Ulhas along with its tributary Pej are known to flow all through the year, making rafting possible here in every season.
Location: Kune Village, Karjat, Maharashtra 410302.
Price: INR 1000 - 2500 per head.
What are the adventure things to do in Karjat?
1. Go Camping at Ulhas Valley: Trek to the lush green Ulhas Valley and enjoy camping amidst the wilderness. Get a chance to wake up to the gurgling sounds of waterfalls and scenic views the next morning.
2. Hike to Sondai Fort: Hike through quaint villages and the majestic Change Wadi Waterfall to reach the beautiful Sondai Fort. The trek will be easy and can be traversed in 1.5 to 2 hours, even by beginners.
3. Enjoy Rappelling at Bhivpuri Waterfall: No matter your experience in rappelling, you can still head to the spellbinding Bhivpuri Waterfall and try the adventure. You can also slide down the fall and enjoy bathing under it for a more tranquil experience.
4. Experience Trekking to Peth Fort: Experience trekking to Peth Fort and soak in the scenic views of dense forests and majestic hills on your way to this architectural wonder. Popularly known as Kothaligad Fort, this fort lies at an altitude of around 1,369 meters and can be reached within 2 to 3 hours.
5. Go Caving at Bahiri Caves: Climb up to the rapturous Bahiri Caves, dedicated to the Lord of Bahiri and enjoy an adventurous cave exploration tour. You can also soak in the awe-inspiring natural beauty of the underlying vistas from here.
What are the things to do in Karjat at night?
1. Experience Night Camping at Ulhas Valley: If you want to enjoy a dreamy night in this nature-obsessed town, camping at Ulhas Valley is one of the most recommended things to do in Karjat at night. Packed with cascading waterfalls, lush green surroundings, and serpentine streams, this valley will let you wake up to the splendors of nature the next morning.
2. Relish a Poolside Dinner at Dada’s Grill: Having a scrumptious dinner at Dada’s Grill is one of the best things to do in Karjat for the foodies, who seek good food plus good ambiance. Couples can also visit this outlet and enjoy dining by the shimmering pool.
3. Enjoy Some Fine Cocktails at PNF Restaurant & Bar: If you are a party person and wondering what to do in Karjat at night, it is best suggested for you to head to PNF Restaurant & Bar. Here you can enjoy delicious global cuisine along with their wonderful collection of tasteful cocktails.
4. Trek to Bahiri Cave: Adventure enthusiasts seeking a good nightlife in Karjat can enjoy an evening trek to the popular Bahiri Caves. Upon reaching the summit, you can pay homage to the Lord of Bahiri and also enjoy the panoramic views of the surreal underlying landscape.
What are the romantic things to do in Karjat?
1. Seek Blessings at Mahavir Jain Temple: If you believe in spirituality, seeking blessings for the long-lasting of your relationship at Mahavir Jain Temple is one of the most couple-friendly things to do in Karjat for you. This temple is also an architectural masterpiece with wonderful artefacts and carvings that you can admire with your partner.
2. Bask in the Splendor of Bhivpuri Waterfall: Pay a visit to the spellbinding Bhivpuri Waterfall and behold the unadulterated scenic sight of the cascading waterfall coupled with lush greenery. You can also enjoy bathing together in the clear water of this fall, which will make for another romantic experience.
3. Enjoy a Road Trip to Bhor Ghat: If you are a travel-friendly couple, going on a road trip to the picturesque Bhor Ghat can be one of the most fun-filled and romantic things to do in Karjat for you. With the road featuring mountainous sections and lush greenery, you can enjoy a totally exhilarating drive to the site with your sweetheart.
4. Get Romantic at Zenith Waterfalls: Head to one of the most scenic waterfalls in Maharashtra, Zenith Waterfalls and spend some intimate time with your sweetheart in privacy in the arms of nature. You can reach here by trekking through some quaint narrow pathways and ridges.
What are the best things to do in Karjat in December?
1. Enjoy Trekking to Kothaligad Fort: Adrenaline junkies puzzled about what to do in Karjat in December, should consider trekking to Kothaligad Fort since at this time of the year the treks are not slippery and the scorching sun doesn’t make climbing tiring. Upon reaching the fort, you can catch stunning panoramic views of Bhimashankar, Wandre Khind pass, Mathran range, Tungi, and Padar Killa.
2. Drive to Bhor Ghat: Featuring mountainous sections and lined by lush green patches, the well-paved roads to Bhor Ghat make it suitable for enjoying an enthralling driving experience. This popular ghat is known for its picturesque natural beauty and historical significance for connecting the ports of Panvel, Choul, and Revdanda.
3. Enjoy Stargazing at Kurugwadi: Stargazing is one of the most beautiful and least explored things to do in Karjat, which can be enjoyed at Kurugwadi. Located at a distance from the city and its unending pollution, this place is blessed with a clear blue sky that offers you the chance to enjoy stargazing like never before.
4. Enjoy Hot Vada Pav at Bhivpuri Waterfalls: Nestled amidst lush greenery, the photogenic Bhivpuri Waterfalls cascades from a majestic cliff and offers a spectacular sight. During the cold season, you can sit peacefully on one of the rocks here and marvel at the beauty of the gracefully falling waters while relishing some hot vada pav and chai.
What is the best time to visit Karjat?
The most ideal time for planning a visit to Karjat is during the rainy months of July to September. During this period of the year, Karjat gets covered with a carpet of lush greenery and the atmosphere is breezy and cool, favoring relaxed exploration tours within the town.
What is Karjat famous for?
The hill town of Karjat is known popularly for its thrilling treks, picturesque waterfalls, verdant valleys, meandering streams, and lush green surroundings.
All these beautiful elements propel nature lovers, honeymooners, and backpackers to this enchanting town.
How to reach Karjat?
The closest metro city to Karjat is Mumbai. You can first reach Mumbai by train, bus, or flight from any part of the country and then proceed to Karjat by taking a private cab or a state tourism bus.
Karjat railway station is also well-connected to other prominent places of India via Pune and Mumbai railway stations.
Is Karjat worth the visit?
Yes, Karjat is completely worth visiting for all kinds of travelers. The majestic hills, cascading waterfalls, adrenaline-pumping treks, verdant valleys, dense forests, and serpentine streams are likely to entice every traveler visiting this place.
Is Karjat safe for couples?
Yes, Karjat is absolutely safe for couples to visit and enjoy a romantic time together. This town is in-fact a popular honeymoon destination with a plethora of wonderful places to visit and exciting couple-friendly things to do.