Pack light when travelling to any place, the less you have to carry, the more you can explore and move around the place. Carry only the necessities as extra baggage and valuables will only make you cautious and worried about keeping it always in a safe place. Since Coorg is a hill station, the weather there can get really cold especially during the night. Also you will definitely indulge in some adventure activities throughout your stay. Below is a list of few essentials you must carry when travelling from Bangalore to Coorg.
- If you decide to go trekking or camping in Coorg to any of the peaks, it’s a strenuous and exhausting journey so things to keep your energy up like energy drinks, protein bars are essential.
- Not everyone is strong to battle these physical challenges so medicines for stomach upset, headaches, spray for body aches, tablets for vomiting, an antiseptic liquid or ointment for injuries any other medical condition treatment that you think you might need. You might not end up taking any medication, but prevention is always better than cure.
- Apart from medicines trekking has other challenges as well like insect bites, leeches as well as dehydration along the journey which many people don’t really take into account. So make sure you take along, bug or insect repellent, salt for the leeches and oral rehydration salts (ORS) in case of dehydration. Other trekking essentials include, torch, sleeping bag, tent(if camping), plenty of water, light food, sanitary essentials and a map or guide of the area incase you stray away from the group.
- If you’re travelling during the monsoons making sure to carry mosquito repellent or lemongrass oil which is a brilliant solution to keep those blood suckers away.
- While packing your clothes, take into account the duration of your stay and pack accordingly. Try and avoid carrying too much extra clothing as it will only increase the weight on you while travelling. Also pack clothing as per the weather condition, if you’re visiting Coorg in the summer, carry cotton clothes, if it’s in the winters make sure you carry warm clothes as temperatures at night get really chilly.
- For the monsoon visitors, also warm clothes are advised, along with a raincoat/jacket and an umbrella. What people may normally neglect are shoes, but It is very important to carry at least 2 pairs of good travelling shoes as feet can get infected due to prolonged soaking in the rain which can be fatal and ruin your experience of travelling and of the place itself.
- Living in the age of technology it is hard to stay away from the electronic gadget. So a handy mobile phone with a good camera, earphones, a DSLR camera for the shutterbugs, a charger, laptop if necessary, a power bank and an extra memory card if need be.
- For those who want to enjoy the true essence of village life and peace of mind, just a mobile phone would do the trick. Do not forget to carry ziplock plastic covers to protect your gadgets incase of rain.
- Identification proof and enough money for your trip. Try and not carry all your money in cash, instead, keep withdrawing as and when you might need.
- The last and the most important, always carry some amount of food and water with you, a bottle of water, a biscuit pack or even a fruit would do.
So here are a few things to keep in mind. Happy packing :)
Must Checkout - Coorg Tour Packages From Cochin
Coorg Tour Packages From Mangalore