Popular Coorg Packages
Coorg Tour Packages
|Bangalore to Coorg Group Tour Package||3 Days / 2 Nights||₹ 6670.0|
|3 Days Captivating Coorg Tour Package||3 Days / 2 Nights||₹ 10999.0|
|Coorg Package for Couple||4 Days / 3 Nights||₹ 14499.0|
|Ooty Coorg Package||5 Days / 4 Nights||₹ 17999.0|
|Mysore Coorg Tour Package||4 Days / 3 Nights||₹ 14125.0|
Coorg ToursCoorg Packages from Thrillophilia offer you one of the most cherishable trips to this beautiful town. Our well curated tour packages offer you a holiday vacation away from the hustle and bustle of city life with a number of once in a lifetime offbeat experiences. This tour package not only lets you marvel at the heritage places of Coorg but it also lets you indulge in a number of adventure and fun filled activities.
Coorg Tours from Thrillophilia provides you selective accommodation in the best ever resorts and hotels offering curated stays and experiences. Staying at these places, you can also opt to head out for various overnight camps at The Civet Creek Camp, Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary, and Jungle Night Safari at Stuart hill.
You can also choose to head out on guided tours to Madikeri Fort, Omkareshwara Temple, Gaddige Raja’s Tomb, and Abbey Falls with the help of our well experienced tour guides. They will assist you in the course of the trip and will pass on information about each heritage site.
The Coorg tour packages offered by Thrillophilia are inclusive of all the bells and whistles that would make your stay comfortable and memorable. Booking from Thrillophilia, you will be able to get good discounts on each package as well as many goodies with every single package.
Coorg Packages:Browse through a wide range of Coorg Tour Packages from different cities like: Coorg Tour Packages From Bangalore, Coorg Tour Packages From Chennai, Coorg Tour Packages From Kerela, Coorg Tour Packages From Coimbatore, Coorg Tour Packages From Cochin, Coorg Tour Packages From Mangalore, Coorg Tour Packages From Vijayawada, Coorg Tour Packages From Hyderabad, Coorg Tour Packages From Visakhapatnam, Coorg Tour Packages From Trivandrum.
Famous Places To Visit On Coorg Tour:
1. Honnamana Kere Lake
Location: Honnamana Kere, Somwarpet, Coorg, Karnataka, 571201, India.
2. Kopatty Hills
Location: Kopatty Village, Coorg District, Karnataka
Location: PO, Yevakapadi, Karnataka 571212
Location: Madikeri Taluk, Kodagu District, Karnataka
Constructed with bamboo provided by the Government of India, Namdroling Monastery shelters a number of auxiliary structures and is home to around 5,000 Sangha community members.
Location: Arlikumari, Bylakuppe, Karnataka 571104
Location: Near Madikeri, Coorg District, Karnataka
This small town features a thin population of around 10,000 and the residents of this place generally speak Konkani, Kodava Takk, Beary Bashe, Tulu, Are Bashe, Hindi, and English. Somwarpet is also popular for its authentic Coorgi delicacies including Kadubittu, Akki Roti, and Pork Curry.
Location: Somwarpet Taluk, Coorg, Karnataka
Featuring evergreen dense forests, Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary is home to a number of interesting animals like Sambar deer, Civet Cat, and Flying Squirrel. Some of the exotic birds that can be witnessed here include Blue Flycatcher, Nilgiri Pigeon, and Grey Hornbill. Explore the sanctuary with Coorg trip packages.
Location: Subramanya, Road, Kumarahalli, Karnataka 571236
9. Abbey Falls
Location: Abbey Falls Rd, Hebbettageri, Karnataka 571201
Things To Do In Coorg:1. Spend a Day with Elephants at Dubare Elephant Camp
Location: Kushalnagar, Coorg District, Nanjarayapatna
Location: Arlikumari, P.O. Bylakuppe
Location: Subramanya, Road, Kumarahalli, Karnataka 571236
Location: Brahmagiri Hills, Coorg District, Karnataka 571247
Price: Starts from INR 2,000 per head
Location: Mysore – Madikeri Road, Hunsur, Karnataka 571201
People Also Ask About Coorg Tours
What are the best Coorg Tour Packages?Here are some of the best Coorg tour packages:
1. Bangalore to Coorg Tour Packages
2. Mysore Coorg Packages
3. Mysore Ooty Coorg Packages
4. Coorg and Wayanad Packages from Bangalore
5. Coorg Packages For 3 Days
What are the adventure things to do in Coorg?River Rafting in the serene and popular Barapole River happens to be one of the most thrilling adventure activities to enjoy in Coorg. The river comprises 2 stretches - lower section and upper section - depending upon the difficulty level and water rapids. Barapole river even features Grade 3 and 4 water rapids, which is suitable for the seasoned rafter with increased adrenaline rush.
2. TrekkingWith so many amazing treks in the hill station, trekking is one of the most recommended adventure activities to try in Coorg. The trails of these treks pass through beautiful villages, lush grasslands, and lofty hills, offering the hikers spectacular views. Some of the suggested treks to try in Coorg are - the Tadiandamol Trek, Nishani Motte Trek, Pushpagiri Trek, Brahmagiri Hill Trek, and Kumara Parvatha Trek.
3. ZipliningThe hilly areas of Coorg offer ample opportunities to enjoy ziplining. This activity involves a strong cable that is tied properly between two lofty peaks. The participants need to traverse the distance with a harness along the cable. Regions like Madikeri and Kushalnagar are some of the areas where you can experience ziplining.
Book & Checkout - Places To Visit Near Coorg
How to reach Coorg?Coorg is well-connected to the rest of the country by air, road, and rail.
By Air:The closest airport to Coorg is located in the city of Mangalore, at an approximate distance of around 135 kilometers away. Travelers can take a flight to Mangalore and then take a taxi to arrive at Coorg.
By Road:Coorg is conveniently connected to all the important cities of Karnataka by road. Travelers can easily drive or take a bus to Coorg from the cities such as Mangalore, Mysore, Hassan, and Bangalore.
By Rail:The closest railhead to Coorg is located in Mysore, at an approximate distance of around 120 kilometers away. Once the travelers take a train and reach Mysore Junction, they can easily get a taxi to arrive at Coorg.
Must Checkout - Coorg Travel Guide
What is the best time to visit Coorg?The most ideal time for visiting Coorg is from October to June.
Winters (November to February):The winter months are the perfect time for visiting coorg. During this time, the weather remains pleasant and comforting and is suitable for enjoying the warmth of a bonfire. Tourists can experience trekking, birdwatching, and wild safaris in Coorg during the winters.
Summers (March to May):Summer in the hill station brings soothing and cooling weather, which offers respite from the hot summer sun. During this time, the visitors can indulge in local sightseeing in the morning or evening, if they experience heat in the noon time.
Monsoons (June to October):During the Monsoons, the place gets covered with lush greenery and the valley blooms with fresh flora. Visitors traveling to Coorg at this time can enjoy water activities like canoeing, kayaking, and whitewater rafting. As this is an offseason, the travelers can enjoy budget accomodation and transportation costs.
How many days are enough to visit Coorg?You need at least 3 days to visit Coorg. During your 3 days trip to the hill station, you can cover all the major tourist destinations of the place without making your day too hectic.
Must Checkout - Places to visit in Coorg in 3 days
Which is a better place to visit Coorg or Ooty?Coorg is a better option to pick if you want to enjoy a calmer and quieter environment with a broad spectrum of outdoor activities. Ooty can be a good place for you if you are seeking a more bustling and commercialized atmosphere.
How can I plan 3 days in Coorg?
-On this day, you will arrive in Coorg and check-in your hotel.
-Later, you can pay a visit to the majestic Namdroling Monastery and seek blessings.
-In the evening, you will get back to your hotel and rest overnight.
-You can start the second day by paying a visit to Nisargadhama, where you can relax amidst the lush forest.
-Later, you can visit the famous Dubare Elephant Camp, where you will spend time feeding and nurturing the elephants.
-On this day, you can proceed towards Madikeri.
-You can enjoy visiting famous attractions like Raja’s Seat, Omkareshwar, and Abbey Falls.
Checkout And Book: Coorg Tour Packages For 3 Days
How far is Coorg from Bangalore?Coorg is located at an approximate distance of around 260 kilometers from the city of Bangalore. The most convenient and easy way of reaching Coorg from Bangalore is by taking a direct KSRTC bus (Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation), which will take you around 6 hours to arrive at your destination.
Which language do they speak in Coorg?The official and primary language used by the locals of Coorg is Kannada. The regional dialect of the place is called “Kodava”. However, most of the people living in Coorg also communicate in other Indian languages such as Malayalam, Konkani, Hindi, and English.
What can I buy in Coorg?Things you can buy while exploring with Coorg holiday packages are:
- Homegrown roasted coffee or beans- Infused teas- Spices like cardamom, cumin, vanilla, and pepper
- Homemade wines infused with flavours like ragi, pineapple, betel leaves, etc.
- Herbal oils like lemongrass, almon- Pork, chicken and fish pickles- Coconut shell artefacts- Traditional Kodava silks & jewellery- Tibetan jewellery and Thangka paintings
Which are the best Wildlife Sanctuaries in & near Coorg?1. Brahmagiri Wildlife SanctuaryFounded back in the year 1974, Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary is spread across 180 square kilometers of land. Surrounded by coffee and cardamom plantations, the sanctuary has 2 reserve forests, Urty and Brahmagiri, with the Barapole river flowing between both of them.
This wildlife sanctuary shelters around 240 bird species along with many endangered fauna species. Some of the common animals you can spot here include Barking Deer, Nilgiri Marten, Sambar, Malabar Giant Squirrel, and Lion-tailed Macaque. One can also find rich flora species in this sanctuary including Emblica Officinalis, bauhinia purpurea, Terminalia tomentosa, and Anogeissus Latifolia.
2. Pushpagiri Wildlife SanctuarySituated in Coorg’s Somwarpet Taluk, Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary extends over a huge area of around 102 kilometers. The sanctuary is home to umpteen varieties of rare and endangered bird species, which makes it a popular spot for bird watching.
Some of the important birds that can be spotted very easily here include Grey-breasted laughingthrush, Nilgiri wood pigeon, grey-headed bulbul, Nilgiri Flycatcher, Orange and black flycatcher, and white-bellied blue flycatcher. Apart from birds, various birds, other animals that can be found in Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary include Stripe-necked Mongoose, Travancore Flying Squirrel, Wild Pig, Muntjac, and Spotted Deer.
3. Nagarhole National ParkAlso known as Rajiv Gandhi National Park, the popular Nagarhole National Park happens to be a section of Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. Packed with sandalwood and teak trees, the national park stands against the majestic Brahmagiri Mountains and spreads over a huge area of around 643 square kilometers.
Nagarhole National Park is home to a multitude of fauna species including Asian Elephants, Four-Horned Antelope, Rock Python, Marsh Crocodiles, Monitor Lizards, Hyena, and Leopards.
4 Dubare Elephant CampOnce serving as an elephant training site, Dubare Elephant Camp provides its visitors a totally unique adventure by letting them live on-site with trained elephants. At the present day, this site is owned privately and makes for a suitable destination for learning about different aspects about the elephants including their history, biology, and ecology.
In addition to elephants, the visitors can also spot umpteen varieties of bird species here including woodpeckers, partridges, peacocks, and kingfishers.
What are the best resorts to stay in Coorg?1. Ambatty Green Resorts: Surrounded by lush rolling hills, Ambatty Green Resorts offers the perfect blend of luxury and leisure. Offering well-appointed superior and deluxe rooms, this resort is recommended for honeymooners and family vacationers.
2. Taj Vivanta Resort: Set amidst a lush rainforest and spanning across an area of around 180 acres, Taj Vivanta Resort is known to offer a lavish stay in Coorg. The property is packed with all kinds of modern amenities including a fitness center and a swimming pool.
3. Magnolia Estates: Designed in the typical South Indian architectural style, Magnolia Estates is perched amidst a breathtaking coffee plantation. This resort offers you complete serenity, mesmerizing hill views, and sweet chirpings of colorful birds during your stay here.
4. Silver Oaks Resort: Enclosed within a green surrounding, Silver Oaks Resort is known for its peaceful location and courteous staff. They also arrange jungle trekking tours and other adventure activities on demand.
Which are the best places to visit at night on a Coorg tour?
1. The Civet Creek Camp: Camping at the Civet Creek Campsite is considered to be one of the most thrilling activities that you can be a part of.
In this camping activity at night on a Coorg tours, you can spend time amidst the coffee plantations, step on rocks, trek up the leech infested forest trails, watch the glittering night sky, and enjoy delicious meals around the bonfire. This night time adventure will surely be one of the most cherished memories with your loved ones.
2. Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary: Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the most loved camp sites that you can visit with your loved ones. This happens to be a wonderful trekking and camping site in Coorg that takes you close to the tropical forests, grasslands, and spectacular waterfalls.
You can enjoy bonfire as well as relish delectable local cuisines at the campsites. Visitors love to camp at the Narimale Forest Camp after completion of the trek to have a good night’s sleep.
Location: Kappimala - Paithalmala Rd, Vellad, Karnataka 670571.
3. Jungle Night Safari: If you are fascinated by nighttime adventure Coorg tour packages, then you can gear up for the jungle night safari with your group on specially designed 4x4 jeeps that can very well answer the tough and rugged terrain. You can head out to spot the wildlife in their natural habitat. This fascinating trek through the jungles will surely be a once in a lifetime experience.
Location: Stuart Hill, Madikeri, Karnataka 571201.
4. Virajpet Market: If you are a shopaholic, then the best place to visit at Night on a Coorg tour would be the Virajpet Market. This is a small market where you can get loads of local products like honey, aromatic oils, spices, coffee and much more. You can also relish some local street food with your loved ones.
Also Checkout - Explore Nightlife at Coorg
What are the best places to visit in Coorg with family?
1. Madikeri Fort: Madikeri Fort happens to be a construction of the 17th century that you will be visiting on this Coorg trip Packages. This magnificent fort was constructed by Muddu Raja.
This fort has been under the custody of numerous rulers and kings, however the main development works took place in the course of British rule. Visiting this fort, you will get to know more about the architecture of the bygone times as well as get a chance to marvel along with your loved ones.
2. Omkareshwara Temple: Omkareshwara Temple is located close to the western ghats of Karnataka boasting of its wonderful craftsmanship and serene ambiance.
This uniquely designed temple was brought into being in the year 1820 by the King Linga Rajendra II. Visiting this temple in the course of the Coorg tour packages, you will be able to witness a perfect blend of Gothic and Islamic architecture.
Location: Madikeri, Coorg, Karnataka.
3. Gaddige Raja’s Tomb: The Gaddige Raja’s Tomb is located in the township of Madikeri and happens to be one of the most scenic tourist places in Coorg. This place is widely famous for its pristine views of the alluring lush green valleys and surrounding hills. People come over to this place either in the morning hours or in the evening hours to sight beautiful scenic views all around.
Location: 7/73(1, SH27, Mahadevpet, Madikeri, Karnataka 571201.
4. Abbey Falls: Abbey Falls is one of the most visited places in Coorg as tourists love to drive down the roads to sight the brilliant views all around.
This amazing tourist attraction that you will be visiting in the course of this Coorg packages, is just about 1 km from the city centre and is located in the middle of aromatic coffee plantation and spice estates. The best time to come over to this place would be in the month of November and December as the view of the surroundings are just magical after monsoons.
Location: 8 km, near rto office from, Madikeri, Karnataka 571201.
Must Checkout - Places To Visit In Coorg
What sort of climate can I find in Coorg?
Coorg is chilly in the winters. In the months from December to February, the temperatures fall below 20 degrees Celsius. In summers, the temperature exceeds 35 degree Celsius during daytime.
However, since Coorg is located near the Western Ghats, the night is cool in this season. It also experiences heavy rain in monsoon.You can visit many places in Coorg in winters as season is pleasant at this time.
What are the best places for a food tour in Coorg?
1. Malaya Restaurant: Malaya Restaurant is located just Opposite the Golden temple, Bylakuppe, India and happens to be one of the most loved places to try out delicious yet humble local preparation. This place is best known for its simplistic menu and vegetarian offerings that are surely value for money.
2. Coorg Cuisine: Coorg Cuisine is located at Stuart Hill, Madikeri and is widely famous for its spicy non vegetarian preparation. You can get to relish a wide range of non vegetarian as well as vegetarian recipes at this place that are a bit high on spice but delectable to the ultimate levels. The restaurant menu has got something or the other for all kinds of food lovers.
3. East End Hotel: East End Hotel is a popular South Indian restaurant located just behind East End Petrol Pump, General Thimayya Road, State Highway 88, Madikeri. It is very much popular for its south indian recipes and style of preparation that just feels like having food at home.
4. Atithi Restaurant: If you wish to relish the famous South Indian Thali Meals, then there is no better place in Coorg than the Atithi Restaurant. This place is widely renowned for its long list of thali items that are prepared with locally sourced ingredients. Trust us, your taste buds will never ever forget the taste of the dishes from Atithi.
What things should one carry for a trip to Coorg?
The mantra while packing should be pack less and carry light. One can take a few pairs of light and comfortable cotton clothes with a jacket for a perfect tour to Coorg.
Sports shoes are ideal footwear, especially if one plans to trek. Do keep an umbrella with you and any medical requirements.
What is Coorg famous for?Coorg is famous for more than one thing. Some of the top treasures of the hill station that have made it so popular are its lush coffee plantations, delicious Coorgi cuisine, meandering trekking trails, beautiful wildlife sanctuaries, and luxurious holiday resorts.
How much will it cost for a trip to Coorg?The cost of a 3 days and 4 nights package to Coorg will cost you in the range of INR 12000 to INR 20000. This pricing from Thrillophilia includes your stay in Coorg and all pick up and drops. Taking these tours from Thrillophilia, you will be able to cover some of the important tourist places of Coorg as well as take part in some adventure activities.
Is Coorg safe to travel?
Yes, Coorg is absolutely a safe place to visit with your loved ones. There is no need to worry about your safety in the course of your stay. All the hotels and accommodations in Coorg have got 24X7 surveillance to make sure that their guests are safe. The locals of Coorg are widely famous for their kind and welcoming attitude. You can seek help from them if at all you are in any kind of emergency.
Which are the famous coffee plantations stays in Coorg?
1. Woodland Bungalow: Perched at an elevation of around 3000 feet above sea level, Woodland Bungalow lies amidst a lush aromatic coffee plantation. The homestay lets you indulge in a number of fun recreational activities including wildlife safaris, angling, picnics, trekking tours, and birdwatching.
2. Pepper Trail Homestay: Tucked amidst a coffee and tea plantation, Pepper Trail Homestay is often found in the Coorg travel packages of families and groups. While staying in this homestay, you can enjoy village walks, spice & coffee plantation walks, and jungle safaris.
3. 27trees Homestay: Nestled in the foothills of Brahmagiri, 27trees Homestay features cozy Swiss cottages and wooden cottages, perfect for couples to enjoy a romantic stay. The homestay arranges plantation walks, white water rafting, and bird watching tours for guests on demand.
4. Casa Coorg Homestay: Set amidst a coffee plantation and often found in the Coorg packages of nature lovers, Casa Coorg Homestay lets you lose yourself to the enchanting birdsongs all day. The homestay also offers delicious home-cooked food and arranges golf matches for you in the nearby golf link.
5. Coorg Coffee Camp: Flaunting a lush garden, Coorg Coffee Camp is known popularly for its spacious interiors and delicious local food. The homestay features contemporary amenities and lets guests enjoy a rooftop dining experience. They also offer guests coffee plantation walks and sightseeing tours.
Where can we do rafting in Coorg?
One can indulge in Barapole river rafting in Coorg on the Barapole river. The roaring currents of the river make the rafting experience thrilling and worth cherishing.
Most of the rafting trips begin at Barapole, and the place is also known as Kithu Kakathu River. One can participate in a river rafting activity between 9 am - 3 pm.
While the rafting trip organizers take complete care of the safety of the participants, it is important that the participants also take the briefing seriously before beginning the expedition to ensure complete safety.
Overall, it's a safe adventure and anyone between the age of 14 - 60 and who do not suffer any pressure or heart problem can participate in it.
Which are the best waterfalls in Coorg?
1. Iruppu Falls: Often found in the itinerary of all Coorg travel packages, Iruppu Falls is one of the most famous waterfalls in Coorg district. Iruppu Falls form from the picturesque Lakshmana Tirtha river, cascading at great speeds, with its maximum flow seen during the monsoons.
2. Abbey Falls: Perched amidst coffee & spice plantations and thick green forests, Abbey Falls are formed by the beautiful Cauvery River, surging down the rugged cliffs. Abbey waterfalls appear full right after the monsoons, between the months of October and December.
3. Mallalli Falls: The highest and largest waterfall in Coorg district, Mallalli falls are formed by the mighty Kumaradhara River, gushing down the majestic Pushpagiri hills. This magnificent photogenic waterfall can be accessed by climbing 520 steps downhill.
4. Devarakolli Falls: Accessible via a serene trek, Devarakolli Falls is set amidst a thick green forestland. The gushing waters form a clear pool of azure blue waters. The fragrance of the colorful wildflowers and the sight of the towering green trees offer the perfect detox from the chaotic city life.
5. Chelavara Falls: Chelavara Falls is known locally as “Ehepaare”, which translates to ‘tortoise’ in english. The waterfall gushes down a rock, which resembles a tortoise. Although visitors cannot enter this waterfall, its magnificent size and the spectacular vistas are sure to leave you awestruck.
Must Visit - Best Waterfalls In Coorg
How much time does it take to do the Tadiandamol trek? Is it a difficult trek?
The Tadiandamol trek is one of the most beautiful treks in Karnataka, and it takes you to an elevation of 5740 ft. It takes about one day to reach the place, as it is a 15 km long trek.
While it's not difficult to do, it involves a lot of walking and ascends. One needs to bephysically fit to complete this trek.
Can we go for Nishani Motte trek? How much is the cost of tour?
One of the lesser-known yet pristine and incredibly beautiful treks in the Coorg is Nishani Motte Trek. It’s an approximately 15 km long trek and the packages start from INR 3500 per person and depending on the inclusions the cost may vary.
But, you can easily find a trekking package for lower rates like INR 2500 - 3000.
Is Coorg a good honeymoon destination?
Yes, Coorg is an ideal honeymoon destination and there are many ways in which a sweet couple can spend the first few days of their married life here. Right from the weather to the immaculate natural beauty, everything makes the atmosphere completely romantic.
There are many places in Coorg for honeymoon like colossal mountains, the whimsical waterfalls, the aromatic coffee plantations, beautiful gardens and spectacular wildlife safaris can make your honeymoon in Coorg immensely memorable.
Also, the Ayurvedic spas for couples spas are one of the experiences that you will cherish for a long time.
Can we do a tour of Coorg in 2 days?
Considering the tourist attractions in Coorg, 2 days is a very short time to visit the place. However, if you want for a weekend tour, and don't have much time, you can still enjoy your visit to Coorg.
By limiting the places that you will see, you can have a nice weekend getaway or a short two day trip in Coorg. Though you might not be able to visit everything, you can visit the top tourist spots in the place.
Read More: Places to visit in Coorg in 2 days
How is the Brahmagiri trek? Is it difficult or easy trek?
The Brahmagiri peak trek, one of the popular trekking destinations in Coorg is located in the Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary, and the trek is relatively shorter as compared to other treks in Coorg.
The distance to the peak is 6 km on one side, this means the total distance one needs to cover is 12 Km. It is considered as an easy to moderate trek, and many people can do it.
The trail is immensely beautiful and the tranquil atmosphere will completely rejuvenate you.
How is Coorg as a family holiday destination?Coorg is a perfect family destination, and there are many places where you can enjoy with your kids. The Dubare Elephant Camp and the wildlife safaris will give your kids a perfect adventure. Most of the kids love animals and these places will give you a close encounter with them.
Also, the waterfalls and the jeep safari are something that you can thoroughly enjoy with your kids. The other family activities include a visit to Bylakuppe, which is one of the Tibetan settlements. Here you can explore the Tibetan culture.
Also Checkout - Places to Visit near Coorg within 200 kms
Credits: Jean JonesOne of the highest peaks in the Kodagu region, Tadiandamol has been a favourite not only amongst the trekkers but also with nature lovers, bird watchers and photo enthusiasts. The mountains have withstood the testimony of time and have inspired many since time immemorial. The erstwhile rulers of the Kodagu region have drawn serious inspiration from the mighty mountain. Trails of their legacy have been left behind at the Nalknad Palace which is close to 200-year old now. Tadiandamol has a rich diversity in its flora and fauna harmoniously co-existing amidst the dense forests and grasslands of the Western ghats.Tadiandamol Peak is the third-highest point in the region of Karnataka offering a magnificent view of the valley after crossing the meadows, water bodies, Shola forest and lush green vegetation. This peak stands at a height of 5,735 feet above sea level and is a favourite spot for nature lovers and adventure seekers alike. The mountain has stood testimony to the time and has witnessed several incidents both natural and man-made. Though scaling one of the tallest mountains in Karnataka is not the only adventure but it offers a great view of the surroundings and is one of the famous places to visit in Coorg.Trekking along Tadiandamol teaches one to be valiant and patient while one observes the bounty of mother nature. As one starts from the base village of Kakkabe, the snaking trails are at times broad and of concrete and at times just muddy and unpaved. The excitement begins when the trail gets a little narrower with the sight of dense vegetation, coffee, pepper and other spice plantations. You will be able to witness and enjoy the sight of colourful birds and butterflies and hear them. Trek Routes to Tadiandamol Peak The highest peak in Kodagu offers a fascinating trek to nature lovers. At an elevation of 5740 ft, it takes you through verdant greens of Shola forest, valleys and rivers. The starting point of the trek is at Nalaknad Palace, where large vehicles like buses and tempo travelers can be parked free of cost. There is a motorable road until the viewpoint which is another 2km ahead. Only small vehicles can access this motorable road. The trek to the peak starts from the Forest entry point, where one needs to buy tickets for the trek. The next major point is the big boulder where trekkers usually take a short break to witness a charming view of the surroundings. Beyond the big boulders are the grasslands leading to the silent forest. The pinnacle of the trek is the brilliant forest replete with flora and fauna of varied species. This is a moderate level trek which is 6km one way and takes close to 2-3 hours each side. The trails are broad and chances of getting lost are less.History of Tadiandamol PeakThe third highest mountain peak in Karnataka is extremely popular amongst the tourists. It is adorned with lush Shola forest throughout the valley. The Nalaknad Palace built-in 1792 in the periphery of the mountain has historical relevance. It was used as a site to seek refuge by different rulers during the times of war amongst the neighboring states. For the warrior clans also referred to as the Kodavas the highest peak in Coorg has been a source of inspiration. The stoic warriors were led by the mighty mountain to showcase their valour and strength which has been recorded in the pages of Indian history.
Credits: Karthick SivaWhen it comes to trekking in South India, Kumara Parvatha also known as the Pushpagiri Hills is a must include in the bucket list of diehard trekkers. It is the 6th highest peak in Karnataka which offers one of the most enthralling trails in India at the backdrop of the Western Ghats. The Kumara Parvatha hill stretches for a whopping 13 Km and stands at an elevation of 4000 feet above the sea level. Kumara Parvatha is a group of three peaks namely- Shesha Parvatha, Siddha Parvatha and Kumara Parvatha each of which has its relevance to Hindu mythology. Kumara Parvatha is located in the Subramanya village of Sullia Taluk in South Karnataka and is the choicest destination for trekkers and nature lovers. The trekking trail runs dense through the Shola forest which is home to breath-taking flora and fauna under the canopy of clear blue sky. At some places, the trail is quite strenuous with volcanic rocks, gushing streams and rocky crevices that pose a serious challenge to adrenaline junkies. But nevertheless, the panoramic view of the Western Ghats at the distance makes it a rewarding journey for tourists who are ready to go the extra mile for seeing the wonders of nature from close proximity. Kumara Parvatha trek is also popular among the tourists who wish to visit the place as a distinguished pilgrim site of South India. Some of the religious places of interest in and around Kumara Parvatha are Kukke Subramanya Temple, Sringeri Mutt and Biladwara Cave that have significant religious connotations.Apart from that, there are scenic spots en route Kumara Parvatha where you can halt for overnight camping or rest for a while and sink into the overwhelming serenity of the vast expanse of Madikeri. The Malli Waterfalls, Abbimatta Waterfalls and Pushpagiri Forest Reserve are some of the popular natural attractions that make your rigorous trek all worth it.Trek Routes to Kumara ParvathaThere are two routes accessed by trekkers of Kumara Parvatha depending on their level of fitness and spirit of adventure. One route is from Kukke Subramanya temple which is a moderately difficult climb up to the Shesha Parvatha via Kallu Mandapa. From Shesha Parvatha there are ascends and descends through boulders and grasslands up to the summit. This is a longer route and in between, you will need to stay overnight at the Bhatt's House before starting for the rest of your journey on day 2.A comparatively longer route is from Beedhalli in Somwarpet. This route is slightly challenging even for experienced trekkers but the view you witness along your trek is worth your exhaustion and time. In this route, you will trek along dense Shola forest where you may come across the wild animals and birds and feast your eyes on the beautiful panorama at a distance. Trekkers usually take the Somwarpet route to climb up to the summit of the Kumara Parvath and the Kukke Subramanya route to descend.History of Kumara Parvatha There are a number of folklores that go round this pristine religious and scenic destination of Karnataka and each of them ushers immense curiosity among the believers to undertake an arduous journey up to the summit. According to the popular faith, Lord Kumaraswamy (Subramanya) killed demons like Padmasura and Tarakasura and was crowned as the king atop the Kumara Parvatha.The Lord washed his lethal weapon in the nearby river and hence the name Dharma Teertha. Indra, the king of the gods being pleased by the valour of Kumaraswamy asked for his hand in marriage with his daughter Devasena. The marriage between Lord Kumaraswamy and Devasena took place on the bank of Kumaradhara.Another story depicts Vasuki, the divine serpent was once threatened by Garuda (mount of Lord Vishnu/Venkateshwara). In order to save himself from the clutches of Garuda, Vasuki performed rigorous worship in the caves of Kukke Subramanya temple. Lord Shiva being pleased with his follower's devotion sent his son Karthikeyan (Murugan) to protect Vasuki from Garuda. It is believed that Karthikeyan visited Kumara Parvatha where Vasuki was worshipping and blessed him assuring his protection from all evils.
Madikeri Fort has been a popular tourist attraction to witness the lives, rise and fall of several glorious rulers and dynasty. Founded by Mudduraja in the second half of the 17th century and constructed in mud, it finally took shape in granite and has stood testimony to several incidents. It is a coming together of several religions and an amalgamation of different cultures and traditions.A Fort with a temple, Church, prison, Museum and library is pretty intriguing, especially to history lovers. Different rulers from majestic dynasties have constructed and reconstructed the Fort time and again and used it in a way they felt was justified. Located amidst rolling mountains and lush greenery, one can spend hours inside the Fort looking for artefacts mentioned in the pages of history.Currently, the Madikeri Deputy Commissioner's Office is located inside the Fort premises. St. Mark’s Church built during the British regime houses a museum, which contains several interesting items related to history. It showcases a huge portrait of Coorg's eminent personality Field Marshal K. M. Cariappa, weapons and tools used by the different rulers and the British along with several other interesting objects.It is one of the best places to visit in Coorg and the beauty and culture of Coorg have been defined in a historical monument, The Madikeri Fort. The two-storied heritage property built by the erstwhile ruler of Kodagu has undergone several changes both structurally and functionally. A Fort built-in mud housing a beautiful Palace, that too made in mud to a Church adorned with stained glass and done up in Gothic style built by the British.Tipu Sultan further fortified the monument in granite and used it for official and leisurely activities. While the British made a museum adjoining the Church, made further changes and showcased various objects and artefacts used during the different transactions amongst the rulers.Book & Checkout - Coorg Tour PackagesHistory of Madikeri Fort The history of Madikeri Fort dates back to the 17th century when the erstwhile king of Coorg, Mudduraja had made Madikeri the capital city of Kodagu. Initially, the fort was built with mud with along with a palace too made with mud inside the fort premises.The fort has born the brunt of several rulers thus undergoing demolitions and reconstruction time and again over a few centuries. It was also rebuilt by Tipusultan in granite and named the site as Jaffarabad and renamed the fort as Meraca Fort. In 1790 Dodda Vira Rajendra added to the architectural beauty of the Fort and then again by the Britishers in 1834. St. Mark’s Church built in 1859 is housed inside the Fort and has a museum built inhouse.The Architecture of Madikeri FortThe colossal Fort built against the backdrop of verdant mountains and an open sky reminisces one of an era bygone. The Fort, constructed in granite has been built in European style with elaborate pillars and checkered floor patterns. The two life-size statues of elephants at the entrance must have stod testimony to several rivalry and wars.St. Mark’s Church, in glass stained Gothic style replaced the old Vidarbha temple inside the fort also under the British rule. A grand clock tower was strategically placed to the exuberance of the fort in 1933. A sculpture of tortoise, with the name of King Vijayendra, engraved on it sits adorned upon to welcome the history aficionados.The grand architecture of the fort is not only the pride of the Kodagu region but has also attracted visitors from several parts of the world. The secret labyrinth of alleys and passes inside the fort gives way to mysterious stories associated with them which too must have seen gory and secret stories hidden within the walls.