Where to Rent a Bike in Ladakh?
If you feel already burdened with this, ask the hotel receptionist or your tour operator to get it arranged for you. The services are plenty and rentals are same all over Leh. Now start the trip and explore the beauty of Ladakh during the journey.
If I have a Bike of My Own, Can I Use it in Ladakh?
Don't forget to check this amazing list of hotels in Leh-Ladakh before planning your next trip.
What if I drop my bike at Manali or Srinagar after taking it on rent from Leh?
How much does it cost to rent a bike in Leh?
It all depends upon the model of motorcycle you wish to choose and it is good to select the one you are comfortable with. The good part is that the Leh Bike Rentals are same all over Ladakh, making life a little easier at one end. So let us give you a brief rate list. But make sure you choose the bike after doing a good inspection of the same and then, start making amazing memories on your Srinagar Leh Manali bike expedition.
1) Rent of a Royal Enfield Himalaya motorcycle in Leh is Rs. 2000 for a full day and Rs.1200 for a half day.
2) Rent of a Royal Enfield Classic 500CC motorcycle in Leh is Rs.1800 per day and Rs. 1200 for half day.
3) Rent of a Royal Enfield Standard 500CC motorcycle in Leh is Rs.1400 per day and Rs. 800 for half day.4) Rent of a Royal Enfield 350CC Thunderbird and Classic in Leh is Rs. 1300 per day and Rs. 800 for half day.
5) Rent of a Royal Enfield 350CC Electra in Leh is Rs. 1200 per day and Rs. 700 for half day.
6) Rent of a Royal Enfield 350CC Standard in Leh is Rs. 1100 per day and Rs. 600 for half day.
7) Rent of a Bajaj Avenger 220CC in Leh is Rs. 1000 per day and Rs. 600 for half day.
8) Rent of a 150CC motorcycle in Leh is Rs. 800 per day and Rs. 500 for half day. This includes Yamaha FZ, Fazer, Pulsar 150CC, Hero Impulse, Duke motorcycles etc.
9) Rent of an automatic bike in Leh is Rs. 800 per day and Rs. 500 for half day. (Activa, Scooty for example)
What are the terms and conditions to rent a bike in Leh?
1. One must possess a valid driving license to rent a bike in Leh.
2. Only those motorbikes can be rented in Leh which are registered commercially with R.T.O. of Leh-Ladakh and having yellow coloured number plates.
3. If any motorbike agency is found renting out below the mentioned price, then a fine of Rs. 5000 is applicable to the motorbike agency.
4. Half day rental is applicable only after 2.00 PM.
Also, check out the Delhi to Leh guide and start planning your trip to experience the true beauty of Leh-Ladakh.
Can I negotiate the prices mentioned in the rate list?
Oh well, No! There is no sense even if you try hard to do so. Since the rules made by the President of Ladakh Motorbike Rental Association(LMBRA) have clearly described the penalty of Rs.5000 on anyone who rents it below the mentioned price, no agency entertains the idea of renting it out at a lower price.
Here is the list of some best treks in Ladakh to experience the best of Ladakh.
I need a luggage carrier attached on the bike! Will it be included in the same cost?
Not at the same cost, but an added charge of Rs 100 per day will give luggage carrier and saddlebags, as required.
How about renting a riding gear?
Well, riding gears are not available for rent. You need to buy extra gears like kneecaps, elbow cap etc. or jackets on your own. There are a lot of shops available in the Leh market for same.
Manali to Leh bike expedition is every biker's dream and to make that come true, we've included everything one needs to know from the best routes to highway status to everything you should know.
Documents that I need to carry to rent a bike in Leh?
For adventurous persons,we have a list of all the adventure activities in Ladakh that you shouldn't miss out on your next trip.
What are the documents that I must ask from the rental agency with the bike?
You can also check the Manali to Leh jeep safari at the best price. You will get to explore Sham Valley, Alchi, Khardung La, Nubra Valley, Hundur, Diskit and Pangong Tso lake.
Is it OK if I book a bike in advance on the phone?
When you are visiting this magical land called Ladakh, you will definitely want to stay in a perfect place. Most of you might be searching for that perfect place with that homely feeling. So a homestay is a perfect option for you. so we have a list of some best homestays in Ladakh.
What are the things I must check before renting a bike in Leh?
The headlight should be bright and indicators should be well and good with proper working conditions. Remember to start the bike with a kick start as well as self-start multiple times before handing over the money to the bike agency.
Check out here the list of all the monasteries in Ladakh that you must visit on your vacation to Leh Ladakh.
What is the general condition of bikes to be rented in Leh?
Do not expect the condition to be as good as your own motorbike. The rented bikes have passed through the worst roads, sometimes not even roads and regular movement in an ascending and descending way gives them a very much worse state. Hence, we recommend you to catch the detailed shape of the bike and rent it on a good risk.
There is no doubt in that camping is the best option while you are looking for some outdoor activities. Here is the list of some of the best camps in Ladakh.
Do I need to carry extra fuel on the trip?
That totally depends upon the itinerary you are about to follow. Get the tank filled before taking it away from Leh city. Moreover, nowadays fuel at high prices (or black market) are also available at various locations on the way. So, you would not need to bother much about it. If you still carry some doubts, you can carry extra beforehand.
Can we use a bike which is rented outside Leh to cover Leh and nearby attractions?
Find out the some best camps around Pangong Lake which make your journey more beautiful and memorable.
If I have a pillion rider with me, how much luggage can I carry?
It has again the dependency on the bike being chosen and the amount of luggage. If Bullet 500 CC is being taken, one can carry almost all luggae easily.
Here we have a Manali to Leh Road trip packages which makes your trip adventurous and give a chance to explore the beauty of Manali Leh highways.
Can 3 people take a ride on one single bike around Ladakh?
There is no police checking or strict rules
for this but avoid doing such a stunt. Ladakh roads are quite steep at some
points and with 3 people, it could get tough for a bike to go up. Moreover, it
gets uncomfortable to settle and enjoy at the same time.
Click here to check out the Manali to Leh guide.
What is the best time to take a bike trip to Ladakh?
Though the roads remain open only in the months of May to mid-October, you can take a ride in September or October for a set of good weather and low-rush.
Is the debit/credit card accepted at the bike rental agency?
The answer to this question depends upon the rental agency. Some of them accept the cards whereas some don’t. You have to do little research about the same in the Leh market.
Check out the Srinagar to Leh Guide and make your trip easier.
Recommend me some tips before I rent a bike in Leh!
1) Check the odometer and learn the kilometers already it has moved earlier. It is going to tell you a basic condition of the bike. It will always be recommended to rent a bike which is less traveled.
Moreover, remember to keep the environment clean and plastic free to keep the surroundings sustainable. Carry a good number of warm clothes, raincoat and minimum luggage for easy transfers and relish the worthy experience.