Hot Air Balloon Destinations in IndiaLonavala, Agra, Bangalore, Goa, Pushkar, Jaipur, Rishikesh, Darjeeling, Bhopal, New Delhi, Patna.
The adventurous and joyful experience of floating in a hot air balloon in India is a dream to be cherished for travel freaks. The spectacular view of the landscape from an altitude of hundreds of feet makes your journey surreal. There is a colossal fever among tourists for this adventurous activity as it has huge aesthetic appeal. These rides allow you to experience what it feels like to be in the sky. For example, if you opt for a hot air balloon ride in Jaipur, you can witness the mesmerizing view of numerous forts, colorful markets, lakes, and palaces.
While having it in Goa is a totally different experience altogether. You can view the blue pristine water, high palm trees, white sand, from high above the ground.The idea may have taken as much time as necessary to introduce hot air balloon rides in India, but today, you can easily find numerous spots that offer tourist balloon rides that tower over some astonishing views. Thus, prepare yourself to encounter the best and most stunning balloon rides of your life.
People Also Ask About Hot Air Ballooning in India
Which are the best places for a hot air balloon ride in India?
1. Lonavala: A hill station in the Western Ghats is one of the most popular places for a perfect getaway for adventure enthusiasts. Famous for its best camping spots, this place also offers some amazing hot air balloon rides in India. Flying high above the sky allows you to enjoy the amazing scenic view of the dense greenery of Sahyadri and feel mesmerized by the beauty of Lonavala. The ride lasts for about an hour and post-flight you are provided with a certificate to make your trip memorable.
Best time: October - May
Maximum height: 4000 feet
Approximate Cost: INR 6500 to INR 7000
2. Agra: Many of us are fond of monuments and architectural places. If you are such a person, a balloon safari in Agra is apt for you. The ride that lasts for half an hour will allow you to gaze at minuscule vehicles running on ribbon-like roads, and the stunning white Taj Mahal from a height of several hundred feet. If you wish to capture a unique aerial view of the Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, then you should encounter this ride.
Best time: November - February
Maximum height: 500 feet
Approximate Cost: INR 4000 - 5500
3. Goa: Stretched with beaches at the coastline of the Arabian sea, Goa has a lot to offer in terms of recreational activities, and a hot air balloon ride is one of them. Watching unending boundaries of waters, beautiful palm trees, the white sand, from above in the hot air balloon is one of its kind frolic experiences to have. Flight duration lasts for an hour, which also offers striking sunrise and sunset views.
Best time: October - March
Maximum height: 2000 feet
Approximate Cost (per person): INR 14,000
4. Bangalore: Jakkur in Bangalore is famous for Aerodrome activities. The airfield is 13 km from Bangalore and is famous for hot air balloons in India. A 15 to 30 min ride will give you the best feeling of flying in the sky. Get the most picturesque view of the city and see the sunrise up and close. A hot air balloon ride in Bangalore will never disappoint you.
Best time: October - May
Maximum height: 250 Feet
Approximate Cost (per person): INR 8,000 to 12,000
5. Pushkar: The Hot Air Balloon Festival of Pushkar is world-famous. Apart from camel safari, Pushkar is famous for the adventurous balloon ride. The best time for the ride in summer is dawn and dusk because at this time the wind speed is normal. Depending on the pilot's discretion the flight can be operated at any time in winters. The aerodrome location is located 11 km northwest of Ajmer and the ride lasts for up to half an hour.
Best time: October - November
Maximum height: 800 Feet
Approximate Cost (per person): INR 7,500
6. Jaipur: Referred to as the pink city of India, Jaipur is adorned with colossal forts and palaces. The unique architecture and splendour of the ancient structures astonish everyone. Considered one of the top destinations for tourists in India, Jaipur offers an incredible hot air balloon ride. The diverse landscape and the long range of Aravali hill from the sky, while you are in the balloon, will never fail to fascinate the tourists.
Best time: November - January
Maximum height: 1200 Feet
Approximate Cost (per person): INR 14,599
7. Rishikesh: Rishikesh is highly famous for multiple recreational activities such as trekking, river rafting, rock climbing, and hot air balloon ride. When talking about hot air balloons in India, Rishikesh is one of the first places to have this activity. The picturesque view of Shivalik hills from the top seems like a different world. The thrilling flying of air safari on Ganges' water can give you an adrenaline rush.
Best time: October - February
Maximum height: 500 - 1500 Feet
Approximate Cost (per person): INR 20,500
8. New Delhi: The political capital of India, New Delhi is a magical city having an alluring past since the Mughal Empire. You can find countless historical structures in this densely populated city. Tourists who visit Delhi can also experience the hot air balloon ride along with other venturesome activities. The eye-catching view of the busy life of the city can be snapped in your cameras. Depending on the weather and the number of people in the basket the height is altered by the pilot.
Best time: October - March
Maximum height: 800 – 5000 Feet
Approximate Cost (per person): INR 8,500
9. Darjeeling: Famous for its tea industry, Darjeeling in the state of West Bengal also offers hot air balloon rides in India. The world's 3rd highest mountain Kanchenjunga is located in Darjeeling and is popular for aerodrome activities. Flying like a bird over villages, palaces, and mountain valleys gives a mesmerizing view. The usual timing for an hour-long flying tour is mostly in the evening due to less wind intensity. If you wish to spend your vacation with sheer thrill and excitement, Darjeeling is calling you.
Best time: October - May
Maximum height: 300 Feet
Approximate Cost (per person): INR 15,000
10. Bhopal: Known as one of the greenest cities in India, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, is also the City of Lakes due to the presence of multiple natural and man-made lakes. India's first hot air balloon wildlife safari was started in Madhya Pradesh. If you are not acrophobic and are planning to explore dense forests of national parks then the balloon ride is perfect for you.
Best time: October to February
Maximum height: 1600 Feet
Approximate Cost (per person): INR 6,000 - 8,000
11. Patna: Historically Patna is a spiritual centre for Hindu, Buddhist, and Jain pilgrims. Apart from tourist spots, Patna is an ideal spot for hot air balloons in India. Sightseeing of Patna's castles, fortresses, and lakes while floating in the air is worth experiencing for an aficionado. The rides are equally enjoyable for children and adults while taking care of the safety of professional pilots.
Best time: October to March
Maximum height: 500 Feet
Approximate Cost (per person): INR 1,499
How long does a hot air balloon ride last?
Most hot air balloon rides in India last for one to two hours. Also, the factors like weather, wind speed and landing spot also affect the length of the ride.
What are the important things to keep in mind while experiencing a hot air balloon ride in India?
While experiencing a hot air balloon ride in India one should dress comfortably and preferably in layers. You must carry a hat and sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun. If you want to capture beautiful scenic views from the top, do not forget to pack your camera with you.
How many passengers can fly in a hot air balloon?
Commercial hot air balloons in India carry almost around 6 to 8 passengers that include the pilot also. Whereas, a small hot air balloon can accommodate two to three passengers and a large hot air balloon can carry more than twenty passengers also.
Is it safe to experience a hot air balloon ride in India?
Yes, a hot air balloon ride in India is absolutely safe. Instructors are there to provide briefing before the ride to take important measures if an unfavourable happening occurs during the ride. Accidents are uncommon but unfavourable weather conditions can block the visibility and might affect the landing.
How much does a hot air balloon ride cost in Lonavala?
Lonavala is a beautiful and adventurous place to visit in Maharashtra. It is one of the best picnic spots and is highly recognized for its amazing hot air balloon rides. In Lonavala, a hot air balloon ride costs somewhere between Rs.6500 to Rs.7000 per adult, depending upon the flight duration and package you opt for.