Treks in Shimla
Trekking in Shimla is an absolutely beautiful experience with the views of the snow-capped peaks and the lush green valleys and meadows surrounding the hills. Making for an ideal weekend getaway, these treks help you relax and have the experience of a lifetime.
Treks in Shimla are suitable for all kinds of travelers including beginners and experts. Even if you are just starting, you don’t have to worry about not being experienced as Shimla has a wide range of treks for you. Away from the hustle and bustle of city life, trekking in Shimla is nothing less than a therapy helping you relax your mind amidst the natural beauty. The flowing streams, chirping of the birds, deodar and pine trees along with the lush green valleys make for an absolutely tranquil experience that is nothing less than a feast for your eyes.
Treks near Shimla include Churdhar Trek, Karol Tibba Trek, Tara Devi, Jakhoo Trek, Kuppar Bugyal and so many more. These treks allow you to witness the quaint villages and some of the famous and historic temples making for a perfect vacation. Plan a trekking journey to have the time of your life and make memories to be cherished for years to come.
People Also Ask About Trekking in Shimla
Which are the best treks near Shimla?1. Shali Tibba Trek: Located at an altitude of 9423 feet, Shali Tibba is a magnificent peak offering a panoramic view of the aesthetic Himachal Pradesh. You will traverse through the beautiful forest and witness villages during your trek that will provide you with a remarkable experience.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Duration: 3 to 5 Hours
2. Jakhoo Hill Trek: Although there are some steep climbs to reach the highest peak, this is considered to be one of the best treks in Shimla. The valleys surrounding the peak offer stunning views and the now covered peaks of Shimla will woo you.
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Duration: 30 minutes
3. Bhaba Pass Trek: Offering an enticing experience of trekking in Shimla, Bhaba Pass Trek is perfect for nature lovers as it allows you to witness and admire the surroundings. Soaked in natural beauty, you can witness the apple orchards, meadows and so much more during this trek.
Difficulty Level: Difficult
Duration: 8 Days
4. Buran Ghati Trek: Trek amidst the lap of the riveting Himalayan mountains and fulfill your dream of adventure trekking in Shimla. You will witness snow capped peaks, quaint villages, tranquil and beautiful flowing streams that will steal your heart and leave you mesmerised.
Difficulty Level: Moderate to Difficult
Duration: 5 Days
5. Hatu Peak Trek: One of the easiest treks in Shimla, it will offer sights of the spectacular Dhauladhar ranges and provide a fascinating experience. Nothing less than a hidden gem, this trek is ideal for a weekend getaway, forgetting all the worries of everyday life.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Duration: 3 Hours
6. Churdhar Trek: Offering awe inspiring views of the mountain ranges, Churdhar Trek is pure bliss for trekkers who love wildlife. With a glimpse of the magnificent mountains to snow clad peaks, you will also witness a huge statue of Lord Shiva here.
Difficulty Level: Easy to Moderate
Duration: 2 Days
7. Karol Tibba Trek: One of the best treks near Shimla, Karol Tibba Trek is brimming with lush greenery and is a perfect exhilarating adventure for the trek lovers. You will also witness a temple built in reverence of Goddess Kali during this journey.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Duration: 7 Hours
8. Tara Devi Trek: One of the most exciting treks in Shimla, Tara Devi Trek is narrow and a challenging one. There are some steep climbs during the trek which makes it all the more thrilling and adventurous. You will reach the Tara Devi Temple and witness the bewitching views of Chail, Kasaulki and Shimla.
Difficulty Level: Easy to ModerateDuration: Around 3 hours
9. Summer Hill Trek: Surrounded by the opulent natural beauty, Summer Hill Trek provides magnificent views of the encapsulating hills. You will also witness abundant deodar and pine trees which makes this trek a blissful experience.
Difficulty Level: Hard
Duration: 3-4 hours
10. Kuppar Bugyal Trek: This trek is one of the most delightful and pleasant ones and the trail is covered in deodar trees which is soothing to your eyes. Considered as the path less travelled, this trek is a one of a kind experience and there are chances of coming across some of the local shepherds here.
Difficulty Level: Hard
Duration: 3-4 Hours
What are the best one-day treks in Shimla?1. Tara Devi Trek: When talking about the easiest treks in the hill town of Shimla, the first name that comes to the mind is Tara Devi Trek. With it, you can experience a totally different view of nature and, when you reach the top, you will also be able to visit the famous Tara Devi Temple.
2.Karol Tibba Trek: With a distance of only 5.6 kilometers, the Karol Tibba Trek can be completed within a single day quite comfortably. Moreover, as you reach on the top, you can also visit the beautiful Karol Tibba Temple and pray for blessings from the god residing in it.
3. Hatu Peak Trek: Besides being one of the easiest treks of Shimla, the Hatu Peak Trek is also quite famous among the hikers due to its captivating natural beauty. Moreover, if you want to, then you can simply wander among the woods to feel the bona fide charm of Mother Nature!
What are some of the difficult treks in and near Shimla?1. Kuppal Bugyal Trek: Contrary to the popular belief, the Kuppal Bugyal Trek is probably the least-known treks of the whole Shimla region due to its distance and difficulty. However, if you do opt for this one, then you will have the chance of seeing a different side of nature, which will be forever locked in your heart.
2. Summer Hill Trek: The pure natural beauty of the Summer Hill trek is one of those things that attract many dedicated hikers to it. But, be warned, to complete the trek, you will have to cover up a distance of almost 38 kilometers, which is filled with obstructions and obstacles!
3. Churdhar Trek: Last yet not least, the Churdhar Trek is yet another of the places in Shimla that is quite lengthy (almost 32 kilometers) and difficult. However, if you do complete it, then you will get to see an enthralling view of the world-famous Himalayan Range.
What should I wear for treks in Shimla?
Here are some clothing options that you can wear while trekking in Shimla.
-A thin jacket (if it's cold)
-Trekking shoes/sport shoes
Besides these, you should wear sunblock and a moisturizer. And it is best to avoid wearing bulky clothes like jeans and traditional outfits like sarees for this'll activity.
What kind of fitness am I expected to have for trekking in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh?
The trekking trails in Shimla are all ranked between easy to moderate difficulty level which can be attempted by beginners as well as seasoned trekkers with ease. Also, people who are regular with their workouts would not have a hard time trekking in Shimla as it doesn't require any special fitness experience.
Moreover, if you are attempting the trek for the first time and have no prior experience, then consider going for walks and running for a week before the actual trek. And people with any medical conditions should consult with their physician before joining the tour.
Is Shimla worthy enough to have a trekking trip?
Yes. The majestic mountains, lush greenery, and fresh valley views make trekking in Shimla totally worth the effort, money, and time.
Are treks in and around Shimla difficult?
No, all the treks around Shimla are not difficult. There are a plethora of easy to moderate treks near the city, which can easily be done by beginners and amatuer trekkers.
What to carry while trekking in Shimla?
You need the basic trekking gear for trekking in Shimla. Some of the most necessary items to pack for your trekking tour in Shimla include:
- Water bottle
- Dry fruits, snacks, and energy bars
- Trekking shoes
- Swiss knife
- Personal medical kit
Name the hardest trail of Shimla?
The hardest trekking trail in Shimla is Mashobra. Nestled at an altitude of around 7,041 feet, this trek calls for seasoned trekkers to test their skills.
What is the best time to go for trekking in Shimla?
The most ideal time for enjoying trekking in Shimla is from October to June. During this period, the weather of the place remains pleasant with very little chances of rainfall. While the Spring-Summer months of March to June offer greenery and colorful flora, the winter months of October to February offer snowfall.
Which is the easiest trek in Shimla?
Shimla is packed with many easy treks that can be done even by the novice trekkers. Some of the very easy treks in this town are:
- Trek to Dhanu Devta Temples
- Trek to Kamna Devi Temple
- Trek to Jakhoo Temple
- Trek to Tara Devi
Where to stay while trekking near Shimla?
There are a plethora of decent places where the trekkers can stay while trekking near Shimla. Some of the most recommended accommodations to stay in the course of your Shimla trekking are:
- Mashobra Greens
- Hail Himalayas Camps
- Wanderers Camps
- Park Woods Shoghi
How can I go to narkanda from Shimla?
Narkanda is located at an approximate distance of around 60.5 kilometers from Shimla and is well-connected to the city by good roads. Travelers can easily take a local bus or hire a cab to arrive at Narkanda from Shimla within just 2 hours.
How far is kasol from Shimla?
Kasol is located at an approximate distance of around 227.6 kilometers from Shimla and can be reached within 7 hours and 10 minutes from here.