1. Shaniwar Wada Palace: Dating back to the 18th century, the Shaniwar Wada Palace was a very famous location during the Maratha Empire.
The place is a prominent historical landmark and still amazes people with its beautiful architecture and solid foundation. Considered to be a haunted place, The Shaniwar Wada Palace has various stories related to it. If you are into history and are an architectural enthusiast then this place is a must visit for you.
Location: Shaniwar Peth, Pune, Maharashtra 411030.
Timings: 8:00 AM to 6:30 PM.
Price: INR 100 for Indian nationals and INR 125 for foreigners.
2. Aga Khan Palace: Exhibiting the brilliance of architecture, the Aga khan Palace is known for its historical significance. Taking over an area of 19 acres, the Aga Khan Palace is now headquarters of the Gandhi national Memorial Society.
This was the place where Mahatma Gandhi, his wife, secretary and Sarojini Naidu were kept as prisoners. Since then, this place has been turned into a memorial and is flocked by loads of tourists from all over the world.
Location: Pune Nagar Road, Kalyani Nagar, Pune, Maharashtra 411014.
Timings: 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
Price: INR 5 for Indians and INR 100 for foreigners.
3. Osho Ashram: Dedicated to Rajneesh Chander Mohan Jain who was famous among the people as “Osho Rajneesh”, this Ashram is known to offer a hint of the ideologies of Osho.
Famous as a meditation and peace Centre, the Osho Ashram has been attracting thousands of people from all over the world. Providing various methods for personal development, creative arts, Sufism and much more, this Ashram is known for setting up various spiritual camps helping people in getting better knowledge of their life.
Location: 17, Koregaon Park Road, Vasani Nagar, Koregaon Park, Pune, Maharashtra 411001.
Timings: 6:00 AM to 10:30 PM.
Price: INR 850 for one day and INR 3700 for 5 days visit.
4. Dagdusheth Halwai Temple: Flocked by thousands of pilgrims all round the year, the Dagdusheth Halwai temple is dedicated to Lord Ganesha.
Having various stories related to it, this temple was believed to be built to heal the depression of a woman whose son and husband died in an accident. Since then the temple has been flocked by various celebrities and ministers to pay tribute to the Lord. The idol placed in the temple is made with pure gold and cost around INR 10 million.
Location: Ganpati Bhavan, 250, Budhvar Peth, Shivaji Road, Pune, Maharashtra 411002.
Timings: 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
5. Vetal Tekdi: Standing at an elevation of 2600 feet, the Vetal Tekdi or the Vetal Hill is located in the heart of Western Ghats. This hill is a very famous location and close to city limits, thus people can readily visit here.
Famous among hiking enthusiasts and the ones wishing to enjoy birdwatching, this place is loaded with green fields and lush green trees. On the top of the hill there is a beautiful Vetala Temple from where one can enjoy some of the most splendid views of the low-lying region. From adventure enthusiasts to pilgrims, this location attracts various kinds of people.
Location: Pashan, Pune 411038, Maharashtra.
6. Lal Mahal: Dating back to 1630 AD, Lal Mahal was built by Shivaji Maharaj’s father for his wife and son. Being such an old monument, the palace still holds similar beauty and charm and has been standing through various natural calamities.
The Lal Mahal is open for all now and people can gaze into various relics and other things related to Shivaji Maharaj. Around the palace, there is a small playground which has been converted into a recreational zone for kids.
Location: Lal Mahal, Ganesh Rd, Durvankur Society, Kasba Peth, Pune, Maharashtra 411002.
Timings: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Price: INR 10 per person.
7. NDA - National Defence Academy: Constructed with the famous Jodhpuri red sandstone, the national defence Academy of India will let you guys into the various aspects of training of the Navy and air forces.
As you enter its wide gets you will be able to see cadets in action and practising their parades and what not. The academy also has a campus loaded with war relics and a library housing around one lakh printed items related to the wars.
Location: NDA Alumni Association, National Defence Academy, PO NDA Khadakwasla, Pune-411023.
Timings: Sunday 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM.
8. Parvati Hill and Temple: Once a private shrine of the Peshwas, the Parvathi hill temple dates back to the 17th century. Built by Balaji Bajirao, this temple makes you climb around 108 steps to finally reach the top of the hill and enjoy the most scenic views of the city.
Having an elevation of 2100 feet above sea level, this place lets you enjoy some of the most beautiful sunsets from the top. Being such a beautiful place and having a temple on its top, this place attracts adventure seekers as well as pilgrims equally.
Location: Parvati Hill, Parvati Paytha, Pune, Maharashtra 411009.
Timings: 5:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
9. Sinhagad Fort: Literally translating into “the Palace of the lions”, the Sinhagad Fort dates back to the year 1671. This footrest stands at an elevation of 1312 m above the sea level and overlooks the beautiful plains and low-lying grasslands.
Now turned into ruins, this fort is a very famous sightseeing heritage for the locals as well as tourists. The paintings and the wall carvings dating back to several hundred years can still be seen on its walls. From a temple to a brewery and a military depot, this fort used to have everything of its own.
Location: Sinhagad Ghat Road, Thoptewadi, Maharashtra 411025.
Timings: 5:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Price: INR 20 for two wheelers and iNR 40 for four wheelers.
10. Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park: Spread over an area of 130 acres, the Rajiv Gandhi zoological Park is a very famous tourist attraction in Pune. Often considered to be a go-to destination for picnics, outings and safaris, this place lets you get close to nature and enjoy a delightful day.
The zoo is home to various species of rare birds and animals which can be seen resting in their natural habitat. From tigers to lions and from elephants to deers, this place houses various different species of wildlife.
Location: Satara Road, Near Bharati Vidyapeeth, Katraj, Pune, Maharashtra.
Timings: 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
Price: INR 100 to INR 300.