Activities to do in PanchganiAppreciate the wonder of nature with various things to do in Panchgani the next time you are on a vacation in this beautiful hill town. Full of various adventures and laid-back activities, tourists are in for a surprise during their Panchgani vacation. These activities are a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of life and let you enjoy a rejuvenating vacation. Whether it is boating in Venna Lake or sampling for fresh fruits in Mapro Garden, Panchgani has a sweet surprise for all kinds of tourists. Water sports at Dhom Dam and exploring Rajpuri Caves are some of the offbeat activities to be enjoyed in Panchgani.
Among the most famous Panchgani things to do is paragliding at Table Land which offers the most scintillating views of the surrounding. For those looking to immerse themselves in the serenity of nature, visiting Sydney Point and Parsi Point for watching the sunset or sunrise is a pleasant experience. For history lovers, roaming around the colonial establishments in Panchgani is an activity to look forward to. A drive to Mahabaleshwar amidst the lush greenery or hiking to the medieval forts in Panchgani are some of the few things that will get your blood rushing.
People Also Ask About Panchgani Things To Do
What are the best things to do in Panchgani?
1. Paragliding at Tableland: Enjoy the 360 degrees view of Panchgani by paragliding from the second largest mountain plateau in Asia. This stunning activity offers the sights of the major tourist sites of the town and a must visit for adventure lovers. Tourists should visit here during sunrise and sunset for the best experience.
Location: Godavali, Panchgani, Maharashtra 412805.
2. Rejuvenate yourself at Sydney Point: One of the most refreshing things to do in Panchgani is to capture the brilliant views from Sydney Point. It allows you to see the breathtaking vistas of Krishna Valley, Kamalgad Fort, Dhom Dam and City of Wai. The famous tourist attraction is a must-visit for explorers and nature lovers in Panchgani.
Location: Dandeghar, Panchgani, Maharashtra 412805.
3. Have an adventure with nature at Dhom Dam: Located at Krishna River, Dhom Dam offers some of the most surreal Panchgani things to do. Along with offering a solace from the hustle and bustle of city life, it offers various boating activities for thrill seekers. The mountain views and clear blue waters make for an ideal getaway for all tourists in Panchgani.
Location: Krishna River, Near Wai, Panchgani.
4. Click the best pictures at Lingmala Falls: A picturesque getaway, visiting the Lingmala Falls is one of the best things to do in Panchgani with your friends and family. The beautiful waterfall offers various sights which you will love capturing in your camera. Tourists can look forward to enjoying a refreshing dip in the waterfalls if they visit during the rainy season.
Location: Panchgani - Mahabaleshwar Road, Maharashtra 412806.
Timings: 8 AM to 5:30 PM.
5. Hike to Pratapgad Fort: Get your pulse racing by hiking to this famous fort in Satara. The fort connects the villages of Par and Kinesvar and is known for the battle of Pratapgad. It captivates your imagination with its scenic grandeur and the tranquil ambience which one can enjoy after a refreshing hike.
Location: Poladpur Mahabaleshwar Road, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra 412806.
Timings: 6 AM to 6 PM.
6. Shopping at Shivaji Circle: One of the popular Panchgani things to do, bargaining for local wares in Shivaji Circle is a hit among the tourists. It is known for selling different kinds of leather items which are known for their quality and design. Moreover, one can find wooden handicrafts, spices and famous chikkis while shopping at Shivaji Circle.
Location: Shivaji Circle, Panchgani, India.
7. Have a glimpse of tribal lifestyle at Devrai Art Village: Known to promote the Adivasi community by bringing their artworks to the centre stage, Devrai Art Village is one of the must visit places in Panchgani. Its core value lies in the belief of sacredness of nature. One can look forward to buying paintings and other souvenirs when visiting here during their Panchgani vacation.
Location: Devrai, Panchgani CHS, Opposite On Wheelz Amusement Park, Ganeshpeth, Panchgani - 412805.
Timings: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM.
8. Sample strawberries at Mapro Garden: One of the must-do things to do in Panchgani for foodies is to visit Mapro Garden. It is surrounded by lush greenery and offers the best local produce to let you enjoy the best food products of Panchgani. It has a chocolate factory, a restaurant, a small nursery, kids’ play area and retail outlet that sells Mapro products.
Location: 15/1B, Gureghar, Panchgani Mahabaleshwar Road, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra 412806.
Timings: All Days – 8 AM to 9.30 PM.
9. Admire nature at Kaas Valley: Hailed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Kaas Valley is home to a blooming wonder of various colourful flowers. The beautiful landscape of Kaas Valley allows you to appreciate the endemic flowers and butterflies while enjoying a nice break from the pollution of the cities. It is a must visit for nature lovers and wildlife enthusiasts especially during the monsoon season.
Location: Kaas Valley, Maharashtra.
-Weekdays: INR 50 (for visitors above 12 years of age),
-Weekends/ Government Holidays: INR 100 for three years (for visitors above 12 years of age),
Senior Citizens: Free, Government ID proof required as proof of age.
What are the best things to do in Panchgani with family?
1. Enjoy boating at Venna Lake: Soak in the lush green views of the Venna Lake in Panchgani by indulging in boating. It is one of the best things to do in Panchgani if you are seeking a refreshing getaway as it is surrounded by trees on all sides and offers a breathtaking view during the evenings.
2. Drive to the scenic Mahabaleshwar: Rev your car engines towards the Mahabaleshwar which is encompassed by the beautiful Sahyadri ranges. The city boasts of British influence as it was once the summer capital of Mumbai and excites all the history lovers. It presents a plethora of activities and attractions like Lingamala Falls, Elephant’s Head Point etc for the tourists.
3. Picnic at Parsi Point: Gather your folks for an enjoyable getaway at Panchgani while picnicking at Parsi Point. It offers the verdant views of Krishna Valleys and the Dom Dam backwaters. The captivating spot is an ideal place to soak in the fresh air and enjoy the panoramic landscapes. It is located within a short driving distance from Panchgani.
4. Shop for fruits at Mapro Garden: One of the best places in Panchgani for the foodies, Mapro Garden is famous for its fruit based products. It has a small chocolate factory, a small nursery, a restaurant and children’s play area for your recreation. It is known for its production of jams and syrups and tourists here can actually see the transformation from fruits to jams and juices.
5. Enjoy vegetarian delicacies at Purohit Lunch Home: Serving the most lip-smacking vegetarian delicacies, Purohit Lunch Home is a great dining place in Panchgani. It serves delicious Gujarat Thalis at a reasonable price but assures to leave your tummy full with food and your heart with happiness.
What are the best things to do in Panchgani at night?
1. Enjoy a casual stroll near Venna Lake: If you appreciate scenery of a lake at night, then walking around Venna Lake is one of the popular things to do in Panchgani at night. The place also has many stalls where you can indulge in some delicious snacking. Moreover, there are benches around the lake where you can sit and appreciate the calmness of the ambience.
2. Shop for local wares at Town Bazaar: This famous marketplace in Mahabaleshwar is known for selling different products like strawberries, sweets, junk jewellery and spices. The market also has a few restaurants and offers a bustling ambience during the night as you can grab a bite of your favorite foods after shopping your heart out.
3. Karaoke night at Beyond 2000 Discotheque: This place is known for its psychedelic lighting where you can groove to your favorite music at night. The place is a must visit for party lovers and presents a dazzling karaoke night where you can sing along with your friends and loved ones.
4. Soak in the night views from Arthur’s Seat: Presenting the most scintillating views of the hills at night, Arthur’s Seat is one of the popular places to hang out in Panchgani at night. The ambience here is soothing and captures your imagination. Tourists here can find various carts which sell ice creams and snacks.
What are the best adventure activities to do in Panchgani?
1. Water sports: A paradise for adventure lovers, Panchgani boasts of having various activities at its sports clubs. The Shivsagar lake is an important spot to not only enjoy the serenity of nature but also indulge in pulse racing activities with your loved ones.
Some of the popular sports which can be enjoyed here are kayaking, water scooter rides, swimming etc. Another spot popular for boating in Panchgani is Dhom Dam which offers scooter boats, speed boats and motor boat rides. For laid-back visitors, there is Venna Lake in Panchgani where you can enjoy different types of boating like motor boats, row and pedal boats on a cool summer evening.
2. Trekking: With a pleasant climate, Panchgani offers various easy and moderate level trails for the adventure enthusiasts. For the beginners, a hike to Wai Panchgani road to pay respects at Kedareshwar Temple or crossing the verdant forests to reach the Gureghar Nature Trail are some of the best things to do in Panchgani.
It also offers some difficult trekking trails which can be enjoyed while hiking to different places like Ajinkyatara Fort, Pandavgad Fort and Sajjangad Fort to see the best views of Sahyadri ranges from the top.
3. Paragliding: Also known as a flyer’s paradise, paragliding is one of the top Panchgani things to do. The popular places to enjoy paragliding in Panchgani are Bhilar, Khinger and Tapola. The activity will not only give you an adrenaline rush but will offer you the most exquisite views of the surroundings which is full of greenery. The exciting activity can be enjoyed under the guidance of trained instructors in Panchgani.
4. Biking: Rejuvenate yourself with the tranquil surrounding of Panchgani with a biking adventure. Panchgani has many places where you can rent a bike and then enjoy wandering amidst this beautiful city. It is one of the best things to do in Panchgani with your loved ones as you can soak in the wonderful scenery and escape the monotony of life.
5. Camping: Take your loved ones to have an adventure amidst the pretty surroundings of nature in Panchgani. It is a great way to escape the hustle and bustle of life and spend some time appreciating the wildlife. Tourists here can indulge in activities like barbeque and stargazing to add some amazing memories to their adventure.
What are the best places for shopping in Panchgani?
1. Buddha-Ka-Bazaar: This popular shopping destination in Panchgani attracts a number of visitors. It is organised on Saturday and has become an important tourist attraction which presents the lifestyle and tradition of the city. The popular things to shop for here include strawberry, fruit juices, mocktails, candies, honey, organically grown vegetables, chicken cans etc. It is also famous for selling different varieties of Kolhapuri chappals.
2. Shivaji Circle: One of the unmissable things to do in Panchgani is visiting the Shivaji Circle market. The place is bustling with people and activities and sells different kinds of leather items. The popular products available here are slippers, bags, wooden handicrafts etc which are known for their quality and design. It also offers channas, lemon, spices and chikkis.
3. Thoptes Beer Shoppy: This popular beer store in Panchgani has different brands of beer for the visitors to choose from. It also offers various categories of wine on sale which can be found in Panchgani. The popular shop in Panchgani is a must visit for all the booze-lovers.
What is Panchgani famous for?
Panchgani is a popular hill station in Maharashtra which is known to enthrall the visitors with its splendid views. It is surrounded by five famous hills of Sahyadri which lends the name to the hill station along with the picturesque backdrop.
It offers a quaint escape from the summer heat by offering lush green landscapes and various activities. The most popular adventure to enjoy here is paragliding. Also, panchgani is famous for its fruit products, jams and locally grown strawberries.
What is a good souvenir to buy from Panchgani?
The popular souvenirs to shop for when you are in Panchgani are slippers, bags and wooden handicrafts. It has various markets which are famous for spices, channas, chikkis and lemon. Moreover, it is quite famous for its locally grown strawberries.
How to reach Panchgani?
The various ways to reach Panchgani are:
-By Flight: The nearest airport to be reached via flight to visit Panchgani is Lohegaon Airport. From there, one can take a cab or bus to reach Panchgani.
-By Rail: The nearest railway station from Panchgani is Chiplun which is located 26 km away.
-By Bus: Panchgani is well connected by regular buses with different cities of the country.
What is the best time to visit Panchgani?
The most favorable time to visit Panchgani is from the month of September to May. This is the time when it experiences the winter season and attracts the maximum crowds.
Which is better, Panchgani or Mahabaleshwar?
Panchgani is best for those tourists looking for a respite from crowds as it is more peaceful. Mahabaleshwar is more touristy and has a lot of commercial places to cater to the crowds.
How many days are enough for Panchgani?
A vacation of 2 days is sufficient to enjoy the best tourist attractions of Panchgani.