Popular Places To Stay in Matheran
Best Places To Stay in Matheran
|Adamo The Resort, Matheran | Luxury Staycation Deal||2 Days / 1 Night||₹ 5299.0|
|Usha Ascot, Matheran | Luxury Staycation Deal||2 Days / 1 Night||₹ 5320.0|
|Horseland Resort, Matheran||2 Days / 1 Night||₹ 3200|
|A Secluded Homestay Into The Woods Of Matheran||2 Days / 1 Night||₹ 36768.0|
|The Byke Heritage, Matheran | Luxury Staycation Deal||2 Days / 1 Night||₹ 4033.0|
Matheran Places to StayMatheran is a picturesque hill station in the Western Ghats where you can find some of the most beautiful resorts, homestays, inns and hotels to spend your vacation in. All these places to stay in Matheran are customized to cater to your needs and guarantee an exceptional holiday for you and your loved ones. You can choose from several beautiful places to stay, which come with convenient amenities such as family rooms, in-house dining, free WiFi and local tours organized by the properties.
Depending on your requirements, you can even get special amenities such as suites, private villas, properties with swimming pools and other exclusive facilities. If you are in the mood for a luxurious holiday where you will be pampered and met with world-class hospitality and service, you can check out luxury resorts such as Adamo the Resort, Mohili Meadows Resort and Usha Ascot among others.
However, for a more homely and comfortable feel, you can book homestays like Matheran Bungalow which offers cosy rooms and homemade food or villas such as Hazel Villa which offers some of the best nature view rooms in the area.
People Also Ask About Matheran Stays
Which are the best resorts to stay in Matheran?
1. Usha Ascot: The Usha Ascot Resort is a plush resort where you can spend a relaxing vacation amidst the tranquillity of nature. With modern design and warm interiors, this resort features finely furnished, spacious rooms with amenities like free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV, tea and coffee making appliances. The resort also includes a vegetarian restaurant serving mouth-watering cuisine, a spa, a disco and an outdoor pool.
2. Adamo The Resort: Situated near the scenic Khandala viewpoint, Adamo The Resort is one of the most perfect places to stay in Matheran. This enchanting resort features beautifully decorated rooms with balconies and is fitted with amenities like free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. The upgraded rooms feature sofa sets and mini-refrigerators. The resort also includes an Ayurvedic spa, a sparkling swimming pool, a skating rink and meditation and yoga centre with classes.
3. Radha Cottage Heritage Resort: The Radha Cottage Heritage Resort is a 125-year-old heritage property with intricate designs where you can spend a relaxing vacation with your friends and family. The resort features aesthetic interiors with aristocratic wooden fittings. The amenities include free Wi-Fi, free breakfast and very efficient room service. Some upgraded rooms include a small kitchen. The other amenities include an indoor play area for children and a playground.
4. The Forest Club Resort: Designed in modern architectural style, the Forest Club resort is amongst one of the more sought-after places to stay in Matheran. The spacious, air-conditioned rooms feature flat-screen TVs and minibars. You can enjoy a relaxing time in the blue pool on the property and dine on freshly prepared in-house food.
5. The Byke Brightland: The Byke Brightland is a humble and homely resort nestled amidst the lush green landscape of Matheran, imbibing the peacefulness and serenity of nature. This retreat is a perfect escape from the chaos of city life and a great resting place from where you can explore the rest of the area. The rooms are tastefully decorated with large cosy beds.
6. Mohili Meadows Resort: Cradled in the foothills of the Sahyadri Ranges, the Mohili Meadows Resort features spacious rooms with balconies and modern furnishings. Amenities at the resort include free Wi-Fi, free breakfast and free parking. You can access the swimming pool that can be found on the property and dine in their in-house multi-cuisine restaurant. The retreat also features an artificial waterfall, a banquet hall and a game room.
Planning a Honeymoon Trip! Checkout Ganpatipule Honeymoon Tour Packages Now.
Which are the best homestays in Matheran?
1. Matheran Bungalow: The Matheran Bungalow is a cute and cosy pet-friendly retreat, offering views of the beautiful Western Ghats from its rooms. Its location and surroundings make it one of the most sought-after places to stay in Matheran. During your stay, you can indulge in thrilling outdoor activities like local sightseeing, nature walks, trekking through the lush green terrain and jungle safaris. Amenities include free Wi-fi, buffet dinners, housekeeping and efficient room service.
2. Saffron Stays Parsi Manor: The Saffron Parsi Manor is an extremely cosy and comfortable homestay with aesthetic interiors and antique wooden furniture. The rooms are spacious and tastefully done with large queen-sized, clean, comfortable beds. There are 4 rooms and beautifully furnished living areas overlooking the mountain ranges. The food served is fresh and the staff is warm and friendly.
3. Radha Cottage Heritage Resort: The Radha Cottage Heritage Resort is one of the most beautiful places to stay in Matheran because it is a delightful abode of peace and tranquillity amidst landscaped gardens and enchanting nature. The interiors are clean and perfectly maintained with aesthetic furnishings. It is a child-friendly stay, featuring amenities like free Wi-Fi, free breakfast, air-conditioned rooms and heart-warming hospitality.
4. Mann Palace: The Mann Palace is a humble and budget-friendly homestay in Matheran. The rooms are clean with simple furniture and bright furnishings. You can enjoy the panoramic view of the misty blue Sahyadri ranges directly from your balcony. The amenities include flat-screen TVs and attached bathrooms. If you are seeking complete serenity, this is a perfect homestay for you.
5. Lakeview Homestay: As the name suggests, this simple yet sophisticated homestay is situated near the famous Charlotte Lake, just 200 metres away from Echo Point. The rooms are spacious and clean with attached balconies offering a picturesque view of the Western Ghats. Car rentals are available for you to explore the area and you can also indulge in hiking and trekking trips that are organized by the property.
What are the best villas to stay in Matheran?
1. Maldoonga House: The Maldoonga House is a peaceful property located on 4 acres of dense forestland and beautifully landscaped gardens. The villa reflects an exquisite mid-18th Century colonial architecture featuring Victorian Gothic-styled arched windows. There are 5 exquisitely furnished bedrooms with attached bathrooms and balconies and cosy queen-sized beds. The mouth-watering food is freshly prepared and you can expect warm and welcoming hospitality.
2. Hazel Villa by Vista Rooms: The Hazel Villa by Vista Rooms is one of the most premium places to stay in Matheran. This enchanting villa is known for its fine-dining options and world-class hospitality. The interiors are finely furnished with wood furniture and plush upholstery. You can look upon the beautiful natural landscape of Matheran from your balcony at this villa.
3. Nivaant Farms by Vista Room: Nivaant Farms by Vista Room is another wonderful option when you are looking for a place to stay in Matheran. This retreat is nestled amidst gardens and lawns which are ideal for relaxing and walking in. The interiors are lavishly decorated with spacious, comfortable rooms. The property also has versatile in-house dining options and a swimming pool.
Do Checkout: Matheran Honeymoon Packages
What are the popular places or landmarks to book stays in Matheran?
1. Alexander Point Matheran: Alexander Point in Matheran offers a stunning view of the glorious sunrise and sunset as well as a panoramic view of the enthralling Sahyadri ranges on the horizon. It is strategically situated near quite a few excellent hotels and resorts and the main market place is at a distance of 1.5 km.
2. Westland Hotel Matheran: If you are an adventure junkie, then Westland Hotel is one of the most ideal places to stay in Matheran. Situated atop a hill, this elegant hotel is surrounded by thick, dense forests and the majestic Western Ghats. It is in close proximity to Shivaji's Ladder, which is a popular trekking and hiking point and the holy shrine of Pisharnath Mahadev Mandir.
3. Adamo The Resort: Adamo The Resort is one of the best places to stay in Matheran where you can relax and rejuvenate with your loved ones. It is also an ideal resort since it is located close to some of the famous tourist attractions like Charlotte Lake, Porcupine Point or the Sunset Point and the famous Louisa Point.
Planning a Vacation! Checkout Now Khandala Tour Packages
How much does stay in Matheran cost for one night?
You can stay at budget-hotels at as low as INR 432 to luxurious resorts to as high as INR 7,000 per night. It all depends upon your budget, accommodation preferences and the amenities you would need in your place of stay.
Do Checkout: Kolad Tour Packages
What facilities will I get in stays in Matheran?
- Air- Conditioned Rooms
- Breakfast Buffet
- Outdoor Pools
- Minibars (In Selected Hotel Rooms)
- Car Rentals
- Business Meeting Hall
- Banquet Halls
- Yoga and Meditation Centres
- Indoor Gaming Facilities
- Outdoor Activities
- 24 Hours Security
Must Checkout: Best Matheran Tour Packages for Family
Is Matheran worth visiting?
Yes, Matheran is one of the most picturesque and serene hill stations in the Western Ghats. While it is a beautiful place, it is not as popular as some of the other hill stations in this part of the country, which make it ideal for a solo trip, honeymoons, quiet retreats and peaceful vacations.
The place boasts of many waterfalls, lakes, viewpoints and hills which makes it a natural haven. You can also enjoy thrilling activities like zip-lining, rock climbing, trekking and rappelling when you are in Matheran.
Vikatgad Peb Fort is located on the Matheran Hill Range, about 2,100 feet above sea level. It is a popular trekking spot for those seeking an adventurous trail. It is continuous to other forts of the Matheran Hill Range along with Malang Gad, Tauli Hill, and Chanderi Fort.Being close to the major cities of Pune and Mumbai, with a well-connected railway system, attracts trekkers from both the cities, mostly on weekends. Not much is known about the fort, and most of it is in ruins due to a supposed battle that took place in the 19th century.However, it was a storage for food grains and ammunition and was also visited by the British Captain Dickinson in 1818. The two entrances to the fort are in ruins. There are still traces of the idols of Lord Hanuman within its periphery. The approximate time required to visit all the palaces in the fort is 1 hour.