Popular Places To Stay in Kullu
Snow Valley Resort, Manali | Luxury Staycation Deal
||2 Days 1 Night
Shobla Royale, Kullu | Luxury Staycation Deal
||2 Days 1 Night
Anantmaya Resort, Manali | Luxury Staycation Deal
||2 Days 1 Night
Snow Peak Retreat, Manali | Luxury Staycation Deal
||2 Days 1 Night
A Quite Hideaway with Valley Views in Kullu
||2 Days 1 Night
Providing you with a chance to enjoy some cozy days in the serene valleys overlooking the majestic hills, the Stay in Kullu aim to offer you a hassle-free and scenic staycation. Loaded with an abundance of fresh air and sitting on beautiful hills, the stays here provide you with a variety of options to choose from. Be it staying in a tent-like Dimension 11:11 which is well equipped with all the facilities or staying in a luxury resort like Larisa Resort which is loaded with amenities like pools and bars, the array of options available in Kullu is undoubtedly a big one.
Many of the Kullu stays like the hotel Kullu Valley and Hotel Himalayan Hamlet aim to give you a homely stay, thus are decorated like the actual homes of Kullu and offer all the comforts and facilities you enjoy at your own home. Providing you with enough reasons to stay there, the stays in Kullu are loaded with utmost ease and are surrounded by the best of nature.
Great Himalayan National Park
Established in the year 1984, this is one of the biggest national parks located very close to Kullu. It is considered as UNESCO World Heritage Site and covers a total area of 1171 square kilometers. You can go for all kinds of trekking experience here. The mountain trails offer all types of difficulties for amateur, average and experienced trekkers. The trekking experience will leave you awestruck. This park is considered as one of the most idyllic tourism places in Kullu to visit and enjoy a trek. There are a lot of things that can be enjoyed in this Great Himalayan Park. You can even enjoy here the perks of ultimate camping experience in KulluFood is prepared using firewood in the campsite by the authorities and provided to the campers. You just can carry some snacks to have on your way. The special guidance is provided by the Himalayan National Park guides and trek planners so that your trip runs smoothly. The authority of Great Himalayan National park takes various measures to make the trip wonderful for the visitors. Visiting the park is a great experience for tourists of all ages. The calm atmosphere at night with a crystal clear sky showcasing the stars of Milky Way will take your breath away. Location: Kullu District, Shamshi, Himachal Pradesh, 175126. Distance Between Kullu Bus Stand and Great Himalayan National Park: The distance Between Kullu Bus Stand and Great Himalayan National Park is 51.9 km. Opening and Closing Times: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
Raghunath Ji is the chief deity of Kullu and the Raghunath Temple is one of the most famous places to visit in Kullu. Raghunath is another name of Lord Rama and the temple is dedicated to him. It is one of the oldest temples present in Himachal Pradesh. The high-rise temple is present on a hillock and provides visitors with the magnificent view of the valley. The compound of the temple is huge. It covers the entire peak of the hillock. The temple was built by Raja Jagat Singh in the 17th century. It is a mix of both pyramidal and Himachali style of architecture.Raja Jagat Singh built this temple as an apology for all the sins he has committed in his lifetime. According to the mythology, it has been believed that the idol of Raghunath in this temple was used by Lord Rama in the Ashwemedha Yaga. The idol was brought from Ayodhya and has been established here. There are a lot of stories around this temple and you can hear them from the guides who are present in the temple. The temple is a beautiful piece of ancient architecture and is one of its kinds.Location: Near Post office, Sultan Pur, Himachal Pradesh, 228001.Distance Between Kullu Bus Stand and Raghunath Temple: The distance Between Kullu Bus Stand and Raghunath Temple is 600 meters and it takes merely two minutes for the transportation.
Bijli Mahadev Temple
Kullu has a huge history in its sack. It also homes one of the most beautiful temples in India. Bijli Mahadev Temple stands out from all the other temples due to its serenity and scenic beauty. It is located at a height of 2460 m above the sea level. This temple is a “Kash” style temple in which Lord Shiva is in the form of Shiva Lingam. The temple can be reached easily after crossing the Beas River. It is located 22 km away from Kullu. The higher ground surrounding the temple offers a panoramic view of the Paravati and Kullu valley. The glistening 60 feet staff of Bijli Mahadev is visible from a very long distance. Legend says that this temple gets struck by lightning every year. This is why the temple is named after lightning. The lightning distorts the position of the Shiva Linga. The priest of the temple attaches it again using sattoo and butter as an adhesive. To reach this temple, you will have to perform a 3 km moderately difficult trek uphill. It is an easy trek for the younger persons. Distance from Kullu Bus Stand to Bijli Mahadev Temple: The distance from Kullu Bus Stand to Bijli Mahadev Temple is 5.6 km.Location: Kashawri, Himachal Pradesh, 175138.Opening Timings: The temple follows the opening and closing timings of other temples usually.Click here to check out a variety of things to do in Kullu! It has a plethora of options to satiate the adventure rush of tourists.
Popular Related Destinations
"We booked for the same day and after calling at thrillophilia, our booking was confirmed, we were given a great rafting guide who guided us very safely and completed full 7kms without cheating on us which most guides do there but our guide was very very good.. He even let me dip in the water. it was a great experience. We will definitely recommend this. "
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Kudrat Resort, the location of the property, design and interior was superb. The rooms were spacious with all amenities. Staff was courteous and friendly. Enjoyed it cold chilly night. Easy check-in with the help of Thrillophilia vouchers.
Kullu is a beautiful place to visit. We have booked our trip on Thrillophilia as they have the best deals on stays with great discounts on activities. Along with our super comfortable stay, we had a good time fishing and trekking. Amazing food, great staff. Worth it
This place is really well designed. We had a pretty incredible view from our bedroom and was charged a decent price on this online platform.The staff was friendly and helpful. We had a great time here in Kullu and the hotel was a good choice to stay.
We booked this beautiful stay in Kullu from Thrillophilia at the best price available online after comparing on all online platforms. Our trip begins from Jaipur. We reached Kullu by flight and transfered to this resort where they have done a warm welcome with welcome drinks. The best part was when we have seen our rooms it was exactly the same as described on this site. We were happy and satisfied. We have done everything in our 2 days stay, the river rafting experience was awesome and the bird watching has made us familiar with new species. Last day we have spent time inour rooms. Overall a lovely experience. Must try if you are visiting Kullu.
It was an amazing experience. I have been taken on a solo ride by the person guiding me and he is so polite and humble and above all highly professional. It was almost a dream come true for me for having such rafting experience. It's really a value for money, safe and sweet journey everyone should experience once in a lifetime.
One of the best resorts I have visited in such a pocket friendly price offered by thrillophilia. The accommodations provided were nice. While the location of the resort is perfect. The staff was very cooperative throughout the journey. The rooms were so clean and everything was on point.
Perfect option for wildlife and nature lovers. We have booked this amazing trip through Thrillophilia online as they not only provide stay but activities as well with the package at the best price. We enjoyed our villa stay with the modern amenities. Our trip was remarkable due to sightseeing in GHNP. We have explored a lot of new species of birds especially there. Highly recommended.
Gauri Shankar and Beas river are the best nearby attractions which make this resort a preferable choice if you do not want to waste time traveling to visit these two famous places. Everything was available which was required for a casual holiday.
This resort is a perfect romantic getaway with forest view property. Me and my better half had a great time at this resort in our 1BHK. We also enjoyed the guided nature walk to the Beas river. It has given us a lot of memories to cherish. Thanks to Thrillophilia for arranging last moment deals for us at such an amazing price.
People Also Ask About Kullu Stays
Which are the best homestays in Kullu?
1. Ashirwaad Homestay: Being located on Bijli Mahadev Road makes this homestay stay connected to the best hotspots of Kullu. From tasty food to some top notch facilities, everything can be availed here.
2. The Gypsy Hideout: A perfect place to spend some leisure time with friends, this homestay offers the best facilities and reflects a chic aura. This stay offers so many sceneries that you can enjoy the best of Kullu without even stepping out.
3. Prabhat Homestay: Having huge windows in each room, a stay at this place will let you enjoy the best sunrise and sunset. A blend of modernism with luxuries, this homestay offers the best accommodation in Kullu.
4. Rock and River Homestay: Offering transportation facilities to the famous tourist spots, this homestay aims to make you feel like home. In addition to all the basic amenities, you are also offered a chef here, who will cook whatever you want.
Is Kullu worth visiting?
The exhilarating beauty of snow clad mountains to the foggy mornings in the camps, the experiences offered in Kullu make it worth a visit.
In addition to this, this town offers a chance to enjoy some of the most thrilling activities like skiing and paragliding, thus ensuring people that a trip here will surely be worth it.
What is the best time to visit Kullu?
The best time to visit Kullu is around the summers, which are the months between March to August.
Around this time, you can enjoy a blissful holiday here away from the scorching heat of the city. You can also visit Kullu between November to February, when this place gets covered with sheets of snow and offers a sight to behold.
Is Kullu safe for couples?
Yes, kullu is purely safe as well as scenic and holds the lowest crime rate than other towns of Himachal pradesh.
Make sure you take proper care of your belongings while wandering in the markets, as you might encounter pickpockets.
What are the best places to stay in Kullu?
The best way to enjoy Kullu is to first select a place which offers you cozy and comfortable stay:
1. Camps: For the thrill seekers, the best way to enjoy Kullu is camping amidst the snow capped mountains and lush green plains. Offering a variety of tents, well equipped with all basic amenities, Kullu provides the best camping experience in places like Shibaura Eco Camps and Soil Tree Camps.
2. Resorts: There is no doubt that resortslike the Apple Valley resort and Mashoo Resorts offer the best and coziest stays with all necessary amenities, but in Kullu, the snow covered floors and the views of high standing mountains add some extra stars to the stay.
3. Homestays: Offering a feel of home away from home, the homestays like the Gypsy hideout and Prabhat homestay of Kullu are equipped with all basic facilities and even offer you a chance to self cook in its well equipped kitchen.
4. Cottages: Those who are looking for solace in a scenic place, staying in cottages of Kullu will offer you a quaint time in the hills. The best part of staying in separate cottages is that you will be able to have the whole place to yourself and all the basic amenities will be provided.
Places like Ojas Wooden Cottages and Kullu Valley Cottage are the most sought after stays in Kullu.
Which are the best places for camp stays in Kullu?
1. Soil Tree Camps: Located amidst the bountiful nature, this place offers a blissful stay experience to the guests. The camps here are loaded with the best amenities and offer facilities like bonfire, trekking tours and watersports.
2. Shibaura Eco Camps: The place actually offers a peaceful aura to the travellers and is located amid many hidden waterfalls and lush green trails. From multi cuisine food to bonfires, everything can be availed here.
3. Beas Adventure Camp: Offering a stay in swiss tents, this place lets you experience the best way of camping, that too amid the lush green surroundings and snow capped mountains.
4. Wildwood Camping: Enjoy a fun filled camping experience in Vintage and Doom tents and spend a fun time with family while admiring the beauty of Kullu and enjoying the blissful views of snow covered hills.
5. Royal Himalyan Adventure Camp: In addition to all basic amenities, this place will also provide you with free wifi services, that too on the hills. A camping session here will let you enjoy many adventure activities too.
Which are the popular cottages for stay in Kullu?
1. Kullu Valley Cottage: Offering a separate stay to every travellers group, these cottages are surrounded by lush manicured gardens and offer some top notch facilities including bonfires and trekking trips.
2. Ojas Wooden Cottages: An amalgamation of luxury with simplicity, Ojas Wooden cottages are loaded with the best facilities including gym and a health center. Here, you will be offered a separate kitchen and a television in each room.
3. Anand Vatika Cottages: Offering a two bedroom cottage with a doorman, this stay is the best if you are travelling with family. The rooms here have wooden furnishing and come with a well equipped kitchen.
Which are the best resorts to stay in Kullu?
1. Apple Valley Resort: Covered with a carpet of snow, this resort offers you the coziest stays in some well equipped rooms. From Gym to outdoor pool, everything can be found here, making it one of the best stays.
2. Mashoo Resorts: This resort offers you some of the best sites of the gurgling river on its one side and the still standing Himalayas on the other. Mashoo offers many facilities including an in-house restaurant and an access to the terrace.
3. Orchard Resort: The royalty seen in the name can also be felt in its well equipped and beautiful cottages. This resort is surrounded by apple orchards and offers some of the best views of snow capped mountains and the serene jungle.
4. Morpheus Valley Resort: Being home to a lush green manicured lawn, this is the best option to stay if you are travelling to kullu. Here you can enjoy some quaint time in your independent shack loaded with beautiful interior and best facilities.
Popular Nearby Places Around Kullu
More Things to do in Kullu