Popular Kodaikanal Packages
Kodaikanal Tour Packages
|Bangalore to Kodaikanal Group Tour Package||3 Days / 2 Nights||₹ 8199.0|
|3 Days Kodaikanal Tour Package||3 Days / 2 Nights||₹ 20000.0|
|Kodaikanal Honeymoon Package||4 Days / 3 Nights||₹ 27000.0|
|Kodaikanal Tour Package for Family||5 Days / 4 Nights||₹ 10000.0|
|Mysore Ooty Kodaikanal Tour Package||6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 19499.0|
Kodaikanal PackagesKodaikanal tour packages - Browse through a wide range of Kodaikanal holiday packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Kodaikanal vacation packages with exciting deals & offers.
If you are planning to have a memorable vacation among the hills this season, then Kodaikanal holiday packages will be perfect for you. At Thrillophilia, you can locate a wide range of Kodaikanal Tour Packages for you and your family that are also customisable. You can choose from a package that takes you around the best places to visit in Kodaikanal or pick something more adventure-driven, based on your vacation needs.
We at Thrillophilia want your trip to be a chance for you to enjoy yourself, no matter how long or short your trip might be. All this while giving you the best of deals and discounts in the market. Moreover, we ensure that all your travel expectations are accommodated while you enjoy the various things to do in Kodaikanal.
If you are looking for something to indulge in or a vacation spot just to relax, we have all the right Kodaikanal Tour Packages for you! While exploring this beautiful hill station, you can choose to book the tour packages with several activities such as biking and night safari, trekking at famous spots like the Bear Shola falls and Echo point. Or opt for a short shopping tour to buy exclusive items such as aromatherapy oils, rosewood and sandalwood and authentic silk products from the best spots in the city.
You should book a Kodaikanal package during the months of September to November, which is the best time to visit this place. If you wish to know more about Kodaikanal, the best places to stay, eat and enjoy sightseeing, you can find them below in this detailed guide to Kodaikanal that makes your travel plans easier and enjoyable.
Browse a variety of Kodaikanal packages from various Indian cities, including: Kodaikanal Tour Packages From Trivandrum, Kodaikanal Tour Packages From Bangalore, Kodaikanal Tour Packages From Chennai, Kodaikanal Tour Packages From Kerala, Kodaikanal Tour Packages From Coimbatore, Kodaikanal Tour Packages From Cochin, Kodaikanal Tour Packages From Mangalore, Kodaikanal Tour Packages From Mysore, Kodaikanal Tour Packages From Goa, and Kodaikanal Tour Packages From Visakhapatnam.
Best Places to Visit in a Kodaikanal TourThere are many places to visit in Kodaikanal that attract tourists to Tamil Nadu in large numbers each year. We have covered some of the best spots that will help you pick the perfect Kodaikanal packages for a relaxed and hassle-free holiday. Find them below:
1. Kodai Lake: Visit this lake anytime between 6 in the morning to 5 in the evening, during which this man made wonder will unfailingly woo your senses and treat your eyes to a spectacular view. Although this lake was initially developed by the British, it is said that the unique star shape of the lake and its rich green surroundings hold many in sheer captivation of its beauty. It is quite easy to reach the lake via the Kodai bus stand and requires 1 to 2 hours overall to explore.
2. Bear Shola Falls: Heading away from the Kodai lake, you can plan your visit to these falls, which lie at a mere distance of 2 km from the lake. During the monsoon season, the Shola Falls swell up to their mightiest extent and earn the sensational amazement of its visitors. The name of the falls drives from a story of a bear that used to frequent this region, looking for water. Watching the load of white water flowing down from the hilltop, making its way across lush greenery is a sight that you will treasure. Kodaikanal tourism largely focuses on these falls as one of the famous places to visit while you are here.
3. Pillar Rocks: While booking your Kodaikanal tour package, make sure that it includes a visit to these popular picnic spots, which is replete with multiple attractions such as a mini garden, and camping facilities. The place draws its name from the position of three vertically standing boulders that reach as high as 400 feet. The surrounding aura around this place is so peaceful and majestic that people simply come here to take in the views around them and relax in the lap of nature.
4. Thalaiyar Falls: Open all days of the week except Sundays, keep aside a good 2 hours for this site. These falls are also famous by the name of Rat Tail falls, these are located on the slopes of the Palani Hills rising as high as 297 metre, making them the sixth highest waterfalls range in the country. The falls can be viewed from the viewpoint, famous as the Dum Dum Rock, making it appear like a long and narrow strip of whit against the backdrop of rocks and cliffs.
5. Devil’s kitchen: A unique haven for those hailing from cities, this is a heritage site that holds the interest of tourists, increasingly ever since the movie ‘Guna’ depicted scenes shot at this site. These caverns, naturally springing in a dramatic way, filled with clouds and a sense of peace, give you ample scope for photography and adventure. A short trek of 400 metres will take you to this place that is surrounded by the pillar rocks.
6. Coakers Walk: Keep aside a good 2 hours to visit this beautiful stretch of plaza, which has been built and set right in the middle of the mountains to give you the most mesmerising experience. You will find many people taking their morning and evening walk around this trail, at the same time also relishing the paradise like aura of this place. On an appropriate day, you might even get to see the clouds up close, making you feel like you are floating among them. You can get a wonderful sight of the surrounding scenes with the help of a telescope which is available for viewing at a mere fee of Rs 20.
7. Berijam Lake: Located near Kodaikanal, the Berijam lake is a reservoir in the upper portion of the Palani Hills. The reservoir was created as a result of the construction of a dam and has now become a major watershed project. You might be captivated by the sparkling blue water that occupies this reservoir and makes it an attractive spot to visit for nature lovers. It has now become a famous picnic spot for tourists and locals alike.
8. Dolphin’s Nose: Popular as a viewpoint in Kodaikanal, the queen of hill stations in India, this is the point where you are most likely to view some of the best features of this natural haven. From plunging valleys to the clear skies, everything that the eye is able to catch in between is guaranteed to steal your breath and leave you amazed. In order to reach this point, you will have to undertake a 3 km long trek through trees and rocks. The best time to be here is when fog takes over the landscape, creating a mystical overlay of beauty for you to relish.
9. Kodai – Palani Trek: If you are one of those adventure enthusiasts who wish to embark upon a trekking adventure from Kodaikanal, then this one is meant for you. Out of the 17 different trekking trails which are known to exist in this hill station, the Kodai – Palani trek happens to be the most popular one. Along the trail, you will be treated to a variety of fauna that is typical to this region of the mountains. Come over with a day at hand, which is what it will take for you to complete the entire trek and get some time off for relaxing as well.
10. Bryant Park: Adding more beauty to the existing natural diversity of Kodaikanal is this park which has been decorated with a variety of plants and shrubs. The park has become a famous spot for picnickers and families, looking for some time to relax and enjoy. An exotic rose garden in one section of the park is the reason why Bryant Park has gained immense popularity. You will find some rare and exotic species of roses being cultivated in this section of the park. Also available to view is the greenhouse in the park, which houses a variety of plants.
Famous Activities to Do in Kodaikanal TourSome of the famous activities to do in Kodaikanal are:
1. Trekking: It is believed that there are up to 17 different and unique trekking points in Kodaikanal, taking you through different routes and scenery, with a mesmerising appeal. The most famous spots out of these are Dolphin’s Nose and Echo Point, each of them taking you to a different peak and showcasing the enthralling views around them.
2. Night safari: Kodaikanal is one of those few hill stations which are safe for night safari expedition. Most of the locations for Night Safari take place in the forests and plantation areas in the hill station. This adventure trip is best for those who want to gaze around the night time view of different lakes, temples and the hills, and feel the adrenaline rush that comes with it. Interestingly, most honeymoon couples who come here also prefer to go on the night safari.
3. Biking: Getting around the town is surreal when you are on a bike and although you can alternatively do it easily on foot or in your vehicle, there is a different level of majesty in taking the scenic views while zooming through the pathways around these hills. It is fairly easy to rent a bike in Kodaikanal and explore these hills on two wheels to your heart’s content.
4. Play boomerang: An interesting and offbeat activity for enthusiasts, take your steps to the Fly Cap Valley, where you can practically throw around a light object and watch it come back to you. At this particular spot in the valley, the atmospheric pressure has a great role to play in making this phenomenon happen, and offer the visitors something to enjoy at the same time. Most of the time, this valley is engulfed in a blanket of fog and lush greenery, which makes it the perfect sight to feast your eyes on.
5. Explore pine forests: The iconic pine forests in Kodaikanal are a sight of a beauty to walk amidst and relax while you feel the stress leaving you. You can visit these forests on your way to the Guna Caves and feel the shots run by you as you recall the endless number of Bollywood and South Indian movies having been shot here. This is an unforgettable experience that you can hope to gather only at this place. For those with a feel for photography and some quietness, this is the perfect place to hang out.
6. Boating: Visit the Kodai lake, which is the perfect destination to enjoy boating in Kodaikanal. This man made lake is in the shape of a star and its waters are clear and the surrounding aura is a silent and peaceful one. If you are visiting this place during the winters or the monsoon season, chances are that you might experience the rare phenomenon of wading through foggy and misty waters, giving you a once in a lifetime experience of surreal reality.
People Also Ask About Kodaikanal Tours
Which are the best Kodaikanal tour packages that I can book from Thrillophilia?
Here is the list of best Kodaikanal tour packages that I can book from Thrillophilia are:
Which are the best places to visit in Kodaikanal tour with family?1. Bryant Park: Spread across several acres of land draped with carefully landscaped gardens and lawns Bryant Park is ideal for families who wish to spend time in the lap of Nature. Flowers that bloom in a riot of colors and the dedicated rose garden are a visual treat that cannot be missed visiting with your Kodaikanal trip package.
2. Silver Cascade Waterfall: Located on the Madurai-Kodaikanal Ghat Road, Silver Cascade Waterfall is probably the first attraction that every visitor to Kodaikanal check out.
The brimming frothy waters of the waterfall are fed by the overflowing Kodai Lake and the water falls from the height of 150 feet. There are so many monkeys in the area that amuses children; but practise caution as these animals can snatch your snacks in the wink of an eye.
3. Kodaikanal Solar Observatory Museum: Built in 1898, this observatory is one of the oldest in the world. Visitors can get an insight into the solar system and Astrophysics here.
4. Kodaikanal Lake: The star attractions of all Kodaikanal tours, the lake has a plethora of activities in and around it for families to indulge in. Tourists can enjoy boating in the lake, going on a horse ride,rent out a cycle and wander around, go for nature walks, shops at the local stalls around, or even go on a local food tour.
Must Checkout: Kodaikanal Tour Packages for Family
Which are the best places to visit at night on a Kodaikanal tour?
Here is the list of best places to visit at night on a Kodaikanal tour:
1. Kodaikanal Lake: One of the best places to stroll around in the wee hours after sunset, the areas around the Kodaikanal Lake bustles with tourist activities. Tourists can shop for trinkets, souvenirs, or enjoy the piping hot local snacks like sweet corn, and bhajjis sold in the stalls around the lake.
2. Grammy Bar: Nestled within the Hotel Inn Sabari, Grammy Bar is the best place to hangout late in the night with your Kodaikanal trip plan. Decked with elegant wooden furniture yet flaunting all urban amenities, Grammy Bar serves the finest choices of drinks with magical music playing in the background.
3. Bazaar Road: Lined with shops selling a variety of things like handcrafts, fresh flowers, shawls and apparels, trinkets homemade chocolates, aromatic essential oils, and snacks and condiments, the Bazaar Road gets bustling at night with tourists indulging in souvenir shopping.
4. Kurunji Andavar Temple: Dedicated to Lord Murugan, the temple is open until late evening and one can visit this to soak in the spirituality that fills the mountain air at this place.
The temple is famous for the “kurinji flowers” that bloom only once in 12 years painting the entire area in shades of blue. One can also enjoy amazing views of Vaigai Dam and Palani Hills from the temple complex.
Which are the best romantic places to visit on a Kodaikanal tour?
1. Coakers Walk: This is an aesthetically built walkway that was built by Lt. Coaker in 1872. Extending for about a kilometre, the path promises some of the best scenic views of the mist-clad mountains around and the valley below. There are a few small stalls selling some quick bites to munch on as you revel in the beauty around.
2. Kodaikanal Lake: This man-made star-shaped lake is the primary attraction of all Kodaikanal tours. The lake is surrounded with tall pine trees offering a beautiful sight. The lake and its surroundings bustles with tourist crowds enjoying activities like boating and cycling. There are several shops around the lake to enjoy souvenir shopping.
3. Kodaikanal Pine Forest: One of the best filmy places in Kodaikanal, the pine forest is a perfect place for the photo loving couples. Tall pine trees and the sunlight penetrating through their canopy make this place romantic. Tourists can also enjoy activities like nature walks, photography, horse riding, and camping here.
4. Bryant Park: Finding a mandatory place in the Kodaikanal trip plan of every traveller, this botanical park is famous for its umpteen collection of ingenious varieties of flora. Walking paths running across the park lets you enjoy the serenity engulfing the place. The flower show that happens here in May draws lakhs of people from the country and abroad.
What are the most romantic things to do in Kodaikanal?
1. Boating at Kodaikanal Lake: The placid waters of the lake fringed by slopes of tall pine trees clubbed with the pleasant climate of Kodaikanal, makes boating here the most romantic thing to do in Kodaikanal. Couples can rent one of the various types of boats available like 2-seater pedal boat, 4-seater pedal boat and row boats and enjoy the scenic views around.
2. Stroll through the Coaker’s Walk: Promising breathtakingly beautiful views of the valley below, enjoy a romantic walk through this pathway is undoubtedly cozy and romantic. There is also a Telescope house perched at a little elevation above the pathways and tourists can enjoy watching the distant valley closer!
3. Enjoy surreal views at Green Valley Viewpoint: Earlier known as the Suicide Point, the drop height from this viewpoint is about 5000 feet. Now, there are grills installed around this viewpoint to safely enjoy the stunning beauty of Mother Nature around. Through the dense cover of creepers, shrubs and trees, guests can spot the sparkling Vaigai dam below.
4. Visit the mystical Guna caves: Guna Caves, which became a huge attraction in Kodaikanal for its eeriness after the tamil blockbuster movie “Guna” is a must visit for the adventure loving couples. The hike up the cave through the tangled roots of the Pine Forests will definitely make your Kodaikanal Tour Packages more thrilling.
When is the best time to trek from Kodaikanal to Kumbakarai?
Kodaikanal to Kumbakarai trek from Kumbakarai at 400 mts altitude to Kodai at an altitude of 2,200 meters above sea level This trail has got historic significance since this was the walking track up to Kodaikanal in the late 18th and early 19th centuries used by the westerners before the present roads came to usage.
The enthralling treks takes you to the tall trees, chill breeze and beautiful landscapes. The entire valley was covered with thick green blanket and the flowers blossoming throughout the valley where you can enjoy trekking in an idyllic ambience.
The best time to engage in this trek is from September till Feb. In summer(March-May) trekking from Kumbakarai to dolphin's nose requires lot of energy as you need to trek steep mountain. If you are trekking in summer then it is recommended that you start as early as 7 am. Rainy season should be avoided.
Also Read: Kodaikanal Trekking Places
Which is the best time to visit Kodaikanal?
It makes sense to explore Kodaikanal travel packages during the months of September, October, November and March which are the best months to visit this beautiful haven. Here is a break down of the seasons in Kodaikanal and the best time to visit the hill station:
1. Summers: The months between September to November and March to June are considered to be the best time to visit Kodaikanal. During this time, the weather is really pleasant and well tolerated by most city dwellers. While the max temperature can soar as high as 36 degrees Celsius during this time, the minimum temperature lurks near 17 degrees Celsius, making it comfortable for the visitors. It can be said that Kodaikanal blooms with colours during this time of the year.
2. Winters: The months of December to January are quite chilly and almost devoid of the picturesque beauty that Kodaikanal is famous for. This time is good for those who wish to come here exclusively for adventure and trekking, since the low temperatures would make it easier to brave the weather at that level of physical activity.
3. Monsoon: The months between July to August usually receive greater rainfall as compared to the rest of the months, wiping the hill station and presenting it to the visitors in its pristine form.
Is Kodaikanal good for honeymoon?
Yes, Kodaikanal is considered to be an ideal place to enjoy a honeymoon. For nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts alike, it is ideal to search for a Kodaikanal Honeymoon Package and spend some quality time. Eager couples, looking to spend memorable moments with their partners can definitely look forward to Kodaikanal as a honeymoon spot.
The hill station is considered to be safe for travel by couples and at the same time, also presents a unique opportunity for nature lovers to relish the peaceful ambiance of the destination. It is no surprise why couples book Kodaikanal tour packages at Thrillophilia for their honeymoons.
Is Kodaikanal a good place to travel?
Yes, Kodaikanal is one of the leading hill station destinations in India today, which is why Kodaikanal packages are turning out to be browsed quite often. Famous for its breathtaking surroundings and peaceful state of ambiance, it is one of those hidden gems in India that merit greater attention in terms of tourism.
This destination fulfills your quest to visit and explore a peaceful place. At the same time it also offers multiple attractions for you to feast your eyes on and places where you can shop for local goods. You can also enjoy various activities at the hill station other than visiting different places of interest.
Which are the best trekking sites in Kodaikanal?
While searching for the best Kodaikanal Tour Packages¸ do look out to explore the trekking sites in the hill station. Nature does not get finer than it does at Kodaikanal. The innumerable vistas of greenery and misty mountains merit taking the adventure a notch higher. Here are some of the best trekking sites in and around Kodaikanal:
1. Bear Shola trek: Not the longest trek in Kodaikanal, this is best visited during the monsoon season. During this time, the waterfalls are in full flow and the scenic trail can be stepped upon with fun, having been wiped out clean by the rain waters. The trail takes you on an uphill track, through a forest, along a narrow canopy of trees and streams. You will find many families and amateur trekkers braving this route.
2. Pillar Rock trek: Kodaikanal tourism has gained immense popularity owing to this trail. You will need four hours to complete this trek that navigates across fog and difficult to tread tracks.
3. Dolphins Nose and Echo Point: Perhaps one of the most popular, you can trek to reach the top of the summit which naturally occurs as a flat stone, resembling the nose of a dolphin. The trail starts at the Pamban Bridge and is fairly easy to navigate.
Popular Reads: Best Places to Visit in Kodaikanal in 2 Days
What to buy in Kodaikanal?
Kodaikanal is famous for virgin essential oils, the Eucalyptus oil in particular. The town is also famed for its exotic collection of fresh fruits like butter fruits, mulberries, peaches, and mangosteen which are a rarity in other parts of Tamil Nadu.
A few of the must buys to make memories of your Kodaikanal Tour Packages are:
- Eucalyptus oil and other natural oils
- Homemade chocolates
- Kodai Cheese
- Aromatic Oils
- Exotic fruits
- Fresh flowers.
Which are the best places to stay in Kodaikanal?
All Kodaikanal packages at Thrillophilia include stays at comfortable and convenient accommodations. We have shared some of them below:
1. The Carlton: The only 5 star rated hotel in Kodaikanal, The Carlton stands at the edge of the Kodai Lake, ensuring that its visitors have access to the best views of the valley and the surrounding hills.
2. Lilly’s Valley Resort: Surrounded by terraced gardens and woods, this is the only resort in Kodaikanal with a traditional upkeep of 21 cottages, built and maintained in the British style and handcrafted wooden details.
3. Fairway Inn Kodaikanal: Located at a walking distance from the Kodaikanal Lake, this accommodation is fairly secluded, offering peace and calm to the visitors.
4. Elephant Valley Eco Farm Hotel: Spread across 100 acres of nature and organic farming lands, this is the last accommodation option that you will find at the edge of the National forest. Notable here is an elephant migration route that has continued to remain so since centuries.
5. Sterling Kodai Lake: If you want to stay at something exotic and surreal, this will be a great pick. This charming resort sends off notes of English countryside ethics that attract many tourists.
Which are the famous waterfalls to visit in Kodaikanal?
1. Bear Shola Falls: Best visited during the rainy months, this seasonal fall represents the most beautiful and attractive features of Kodaikanal. Watching the water swell to its maximum strength during this time would hold your breath still for a moment. At other times, it is a great trekking point for adventure enthusiasts.
2. Liril Falls: As the name suggests, the falls draws its name from the Liril ad film which was shot here. The cascading waters at this point appear no less than a wonder for the tourists who find this isolated spot unique in every sense. Treading the path here might be a tough task for some but is definitely worth it.
3. Silver Cascade waterfalls: This natural waterfall is formed as a result of water overflowing from the famous Kodaikanal Lake. When travelling from Kodaikanal to Madurai, tourists often stop on their way to take a look at this natural wonder.
4. Vattakanal waterfalls: One of the smallest and least frequented waterfalls in Kodaikanal, it lies hardly 3 km away from the main city centre. The small size of the waterfall has nothing to do with its magnificence which is by no means little. Hikers can also embark on a small trail that lies close to the waterfalls.
Which are the best campsites in Kodaikanal?
At Thrillophilia, we ensure that the best campsites are included in the Kodaikanal tour package that you choose with us. We realise how you want this camping trip to be a memorable adventure for you and we hope not to let you down. Here are the best camping sites in Kodaikanal which might be of interest to you:
1. Kodai Camp: Located in Dindigul, this camp site involves a lot of activities, climbing and wildlife watching. This camp site is perfect for those who want to enjoy the peaceful nature around them and remain in close vicinity to the sights like the lush green forests and the exotic waterfall. You will be able to benefit from various amenities at the site including meals, washrooms, campfire and shower areas.
2. Pear Orchard Camping: Located in Shenbaganur, this camp site is famous among trekkers and those with a zeal for observing wildlife. This camp site is located on a side of the hill and is surrounded by pear trees, which is how the site gets its name. Comfort and adventure await your arrival at this site.
3. The Misty mountain Hop campsite: This is one spot where you will be able to watch the sun rising over the hills with a mighty charm. This site is often frequented by large groups of trekkers who wish to have some adventure.
Where to shop from in Kodaikanal?
You might want to know about the best places to shop for local goods and souvenirs at the hill station, while you make bookings for Kodaikanal Tour Packages. Listed below are some of the best spots to fulfil your shopping spree:
1. Danish Display store: High profile spot for jewellery, souvenirs, aromatic oils and trinkets.
2. Kaleeswari supermarket: Best for spices and essential oils.
3. Kodai chocolate factory: Best for different varieties of chocolates and other treats.
4. Kodai cheese: Shop different varieties of cheese for all your culinary needs.
5. Spices Corner: Best for powered and hard spices, skincare and herbal products and different teas.
How much time does it take to reach Kodaikanal by train?
The distance between Kodaikanal hill station and Kodai road railway station is 81 km which can be covered in under 2 hours and 30 minutes.
There are no direct flights or buses that ply between this distance. Hence, visitors must hire a cab to take them from this rail head to the hill station. Such taxis can be easily hired at the railway station itself, where it is also possible to find a private bus departing for the destination.
What are the best places to eat at in Kodaikanal?
1. Flavours, Le Poshe by Sparsa: Located at the Sivanandi Road, the restaurant is famous for serving India, Asian, and international variety of food. It also serves vegan friendly options for the guests. The wide variety of cuisine is the main reason why tourists of different nationalities can be found binging here.
2. Nia’s Garden: Set in an outdoor space, the garden area gives the guests a beautiful change from the usual seat and table ambiance of a restaurant. The place is famous for serving India, Italian and American variety of food. The restaurant is located at the Convent Road.
3. Cloud Street: Located near Tourist Office, the restaurant offers Italian Pizzas, pastas and other delicacies, along with other international meals at a budget price. The ambiance of the place is also quite modest with an exotic variety of dishes being served at the place. You are likely to enjoy the zesty meals here which are prepared in traditional style.
4. Tava: If you are looking for something that resembles home cooked food, this restaurant is the place to be at. Not only is the food quite flavoursome but also listed at a budget price that will suit your pocket. The vegetarian friendly restaurant can be seen overflowing with guests at all times of the day.
How many days are sufficient for Kodaikanal?
Kodaikanal can be explored easily within a span of 2 days so if you are looking to browse Kodaikanal holiday packages then you can opt for this duration. As compared to its neighbouring locations like Ooty and Coonor, the footfall at Kodaikanal is lesser. This means that you will hardly find tourist spots with a crowd, making it easier for you to explore the hill station during your stay.
An itinerary can be easily planned for this duration, including all the major spots that are famous around the hill station and also leave you with enough time to relax and enjoy the display of natural beauty. That being said, if you have more time, you can always plan an extended holiday here.
What is the climate in Kodaikanal?
Given that Kodaikanal lies 2000 metre above the sea level, the climate here is pleasant, warm and temperate. However, the hill station receives ample rainfall, even during some of its drier months.
The maximum rainfall recorded here is in the month of October, during which an average 253 mm of precipitation is collected while January records the least rainfall. The warmest month of the year is May, temperatures soaring as high as 21 degrees Celsius, while the coldest period is November to January, during which the minimum temperature can drop down to 8 degrees Celsius.
Silver Cascade Falls is heaven for those who love to view the beauty of nature at different locations. The waterfall is located at an altitude of 2318 meter, on the road to Madurai and Kodai. The water flows down from a height of 180 feet, which makes it a beautiful sight for the onlookers. The waterfall is believed to be a remain of the Kodai Lake, where tourists can even take a dip in the water flowing down from the falls.Tourists can be seen taking a break from their ride towards Kodaikanal at the various tea stalls which can be found lined up near the falls. The remaining distance to Kodaikanal from the falls is merely 8 km. It is believed that the water from the falls is laden with various minerals, which gives these waters their healing and refreshing properties. It is a sight to watch monkeys playing on the cliff and slippery rocks of the fall. The name ‘Silver cascade’ is given to this fall, owing to the colour of the water which appears silver when flowing down the 55 meter high cliff.On either side of the cliff, you can find rugged rocks and wild foliage springing up in all directions. There is a dedicated viewing platform in front of the waterfall, which serves as an excellent point to view the flowing water fall down in a pool. One can easily reach the silver Cascade falls via local transport such as auto or rickshaw, in Kodaikanal.
Situated at a distance of 8km from the Queen of Hills, Dolphin’s Nose Kodaikanal is something you should never miss on. With an altitude of 6600 feet, the Dolphin’s Nose offers enthralling views of the entire city. Rugged terrains, clear skies, plunged valleys, and the splendour of lush green surroundings is what sums up the beauty of Dolphin’s Nose. The cliff is tucked atop a flat and protruding rock piece. It gives it a resemblance to the shape of the nose of a dolphin. This how the cliff got its identity worldwide. Even at such a height, Mother Nature has made this place available and easily accessible for tourism. So, if you are looking to spice up your Kodaikanal visit with an additional flavor, get on your adventurous sporting shoes and start ascending the route of Dolphin’s nose. For some, the path to the Dolphin’s Nose may seem to be easily accessible; for others it’s a moderately difficult one. Your trekking route to the Dolphin’s Nose is a 3 km long making its way through the rocks and pines of the Palani Hill Range. There is a village nearby and a waterfall to adore on your way to the Dolphin’s Nose. You can get along with the locals, sip a cup of tea of their style, and then move forward. Occasionally, you might come across a scenario where a mystical fog will be seen wrapping up the huge mountain ranges and the valley that goes along. Tourists usually plan a quiet retreat in the lap of the mountains here and engage themselves into a soulful introspection — the beautiful transitions at the onset of both sunrise and sunset adds-on glory to the moment. Besides, the peace and tranquillity which you experience here remain unparalleled!Sometimes, you may find the local vendors dotting the region to sell their food and fresh fruit juices. However, it might cost more than usual on your wallet.
Berijam Lake is a natural freshwater lake that is situated at a distance of 22 Km from the Kodaikanal bus stand. It has moved ahead to be one of the leading tourist destinations in Kodaikanal since 1990. The lake not only offers amazing refreshing scenic beauty for nature lovers but at the same time it also serves as a home to numerous other wildlife creatures. Tourists who love to spend some time away from the hustle and bustle of the city mostly visit this lake. You can come here with your family and friends to make memories that will last for ages.The major attraction of the Berijam lake is the sparkling blue crystalline water. This makes it difficult for nature lovers to resist the grandeur of the place. There are a number of activities like fishing, bird watching, safari tours to do here in the middle of this stunning and surreal location. In the early days, tourists used to relish boating in this wonderful lake, however, the local administration has banned boating in this lake to preserve the natural freshwater.The main reason for banning boating in the lake is that the water from the lake is used as drinking water for a nearby town. Let us uncover bit by bit about this treasured natural treasure trove of Kodaikanal.