Being one of the most favoured hill destinations in Tamil Nadu, Kodaikanal is blessed with several hotels, resorts, and Kodaikanal stays where one can vouch for a laidback vacation. From 5-star properties like The Carlton to scenic abode including Lilly's Valley Resort, and Elephant Valley Eco Farm Hotel, the city welcomes you with abundant choices and diversity.
While some of these properties delight the visitors with their exceptional hospitality and comfortable accommodations, others have gained popularity for their lavish facilities and picturesque surroundings.
Whether you are looking for an escape from the monotonous city life or you wish to indulge yourself in adrenaline-racing activities, there are bountiful places to stay in Kodaikanal which await your presence with an array of surprises. Wake up to the exquisite views of waterfalls and verdant plantations, take an adrenaline-rushing horse ride, or just pamper your taste buds with the local Kodai cuisines at these opulent resorts.
Many of these properties are nestled in the heart of the city, making it easily accessible from any corner of Kodaikanal. So, if commutation hassles leave you worn out, it is always better to go for properties located in the city centre. However, if you look forward to an offbeat experience on your trip, get your stay booked in one of the home stays in Kodaikanal where you will be bestowed with all the homely comforts in addition to the warm welcome by the hosts.
Popular Places To Stay in Kodaikanal
|Boutique Homestay in Kodaikanal||2D/1N||₹ 9990||4.0 star|
|Cottage Homestay in Kodaikanal Flat 15% off||2D/1N||₹ 2056||3.0 star|
|Nature Retreat Homestay in Kodaikanal | Book @ Flat 15% off||2D/1N||₹ 1500||4.0 star|
|Kodaikanal Homestay With Mountain View||2D/1N||₹ 1599.0||4.0 star|
|A Getaway Amidst Serene Woods In Kodaikanal||2D/1N||₹ 1300.0||4.0 star|
People Also Ask About Kodaikanal Stays
Which are the best places to stay in Kodaikanal?1. The Carlton: A modern-day accommodation replete with all the extravagant amenities, The Carlton is located in proximity to several tourist attractions including the Kodai Lake. The rooms within the property feature well-furnished wooden floorings and a private balcony which exposes you to the surreal views of Kodaikanal.
The delicious food served at its in-house restaurant will certainly leave you craving for more. If you are on a hunt for the best places to stay in Kodaikanal, The Carlton certainly deserves a mention.
Location: Lake Road, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu.
- Airport shuttle service
- Wheelchair facility
- Free internet
Price: INR 10,000.
2. Lilly's Valley Resort: Enveloped with tall Eucalyptus trees, Lilly's Valley Resort forms an ideal accommodation for families, friends, as well as solo travellers. The property boasts of its panoramic settings which will help you reconnect with nature.
The accommodations are designed in the form of stone cottages which are complete with handcrafted woodwork. Being just a stone's throw distance away from several popular attractions, the resort remains easily accessible from prominent spots in the city.
Location: 17/178 Sivanandi road, Kodaikanal Tamil Nadu.
- In-house restaurant
- Nature Walks
- Play area
Price: INR 2300.
3. Woodlands Resort: An 87-year old property located just 1 Km away from the Kodai Lake, Woodlands resort prides itself in its luxury, delicious food, and chic interiors. With beautiful gorges on its one side and verdant valleys on the other, this ancient accommodation is no lesser than a paradise.
Though it is an ideal getaway for peace seekers and loners, the property has enough in its reserve for the adventure junkies too. From hiking, and camping, to boating, and nature walks, there are a wide array of activities that the resort organizes for its guests. For all the adventure lovers looking for the best places to stay in Kodaikanal, Woodlands Resort is an ideal pick.
Location: Woody's, 4-17-70, Convent Road, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu.
- Mini Theatre
- Doctor on call
Price: INR 2200.
4. Benzz Park-Kodai: Reckoned as one of the most eco-friendly places to stay in Kodaikanal, Benzz Park Kodai awaits your presence with its homely comforts and pleasant environs. The place boasts of a warm ambience complete with eye-soothing colours, which is beautifully complemented by the unparalleled luxury.
Start your day soaking in the warmth of the sun at its poolside, grab a quick bite at its in-house restaurant and then spend the rest of your day exploring its nearby attractions.
Location: 4/8 Sivanandi Road, Kodaikanal, Tamilnadu.
- Air Conditioner
- Swimming pool
- Airport transportation
- Free internet
- Room service
Price: INR 4500.
5. Green Pastures: Planning an extended vacation with your family in the beautiful hill station of Kodaikanal? Book your stay in this enticing resort and make your holiday even more worthwhile. A chic property enveloped with mountains and valleys, Green Pastures wins over its guests with its impeccable service and fun activities.
From an Ayurvedic spa to the gaming room, and basketball court, the resort has everything to keep you engaged throughout the day.
Location: Arackal Road, Attuvampatti, Kodaikanal.
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Children's play area
- In-house restaurant
- Room service
- Ayurvedic spa
Price: INR 5500.
6. Club Mahindra Kodaikanal: Cradled between rocky landscapes and mesmerizing valleys, Club Mahindra resort is a chic property that stands out with its colonial-style architecture. The interiors of the resort boast a minimalistic décor and wooden furnishing that adds to its elegance.
In addition to its unmatched hospitality and best-in-class service, Club Mahindra is known for creating a beautiful confluence of modern-day comfort and old-world charm.
Location: Solheim House, Noyce Road, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu.
- Entertainment zone
- Beauty salon
- Gym centre
Price: INR 5500.
Which are the best places for camp stay in Kodaikanal?1. Vattakanal: Looking for serene stays in Kodaikanal? Your search might come to an end on the lovely accommodation of Vattakanal. Just half an hour drive from Kodaikanal will take you to this beautiful camp stay located amidst the dense woods. During your stay in this camp, you can head directly to the pine forests and admire the natural splendour around you.
2. Pear County: A beautiful pear plantation enveloped with greenery and mighty hills, Pear Farm awaits your presence with a mesmerizing hilltop view. The farm is located on a slope and it encompasses tents with brick built restrooms.
Being away from the hustle and bustle of the city, the farm serves as an ideal destination to unwind and reconnect with nature. If you are hunting for the best stays in Kodaikanal, Pear County might be your ideal vacation home.
3. Circles Camping: Nestled in the heart of nature, this camp stay is surrounded by hilly backdrops and lush green landscapes. Just 5 Km away from Kodaikanal, Circle Camping invites you into its magical paradise where your day will start with a picturesque sunrise and end with musical bonfire night. The property is located right beneath the Dolphin Nose which gives you all the more reason to stay here.
4. The Misty Mountain Hop Campsite: Nestled at an altitude of 2000 metres above the sea level, this camp stay remains covered in clouds for most of the year. However, in the warmer months, you can relish an aerial view of the surrounding valley.
From drinking water, charging points, and showers to washrooms and campfires, you can enjoy all the basic amenities over here. If you are looking for stays in Kodaikanal that let you experience the immense beauty of forests, a visit to this camp is all that you need.
Which are the best budget stays in Kodaikanal?1. Hotel Spring Valley: A homely abode away from home, Hotel Spring Valley is an affordable property in Kodaikanal that puts you far away from the boisterous city crowd. The place serves you with a relaxing vacation complete with all the modern comforts and best-in-class service.
The strategic location of Spring Valley gives you quick access to several tourist attractions including Coaker's walk, Bryant Park, Kodai Lake, Silent Valley View, and Guna Caves. If you are searching for comfortable Kodaikanal stays which don't cost you a fortune, this hotel is an ideal pick for you.
2. JC Residency: Presenting a beautiful blend of natural landscapes, and adventure, this affordable property is a perfect abode for your leisurely vacation. Located on the Convent Road, JC Residency ensures its guests a hassle-free stay experience which is marked by the abundant views of mountains & valleys, and all the modern-day comforts. The staff at the hotel receives you with ardent hospitality and warmth that makes you feel at home.
3. Hotel Green Park: If you are exploring affordable Kodaikanal stays, you can't miss out on Hotel Green Park. Located away from the hustle and bustle of the city, this budget hotel still has several shopping markets located within its reach.
The property has well-trained staff members who leave no stone unturned in ensuring your safety and comfort. With amenities like 24-hour room service, vegetarian food, and free internet at your disposal, Hotel Green Park promises you a relaxing vacation without emptying your pockets.
Which are the popular cottages to stay in Kodaikanal?1. Hillington Cottage: Overlooking a spacious lawn, this cottage forms an ideal refugee for those who are looking to indulge in adventure sports such as horse riding, cycling, and boating. The Hillington Cottage is located right next to the Kodai Lake and it intrigues its guests with its contemporary amenities and rustic look. The delicious food prepared by its expert chefs gives you just another reason to plan your stay over here.
2. Thapovan Cottage: Start your day with the melodious chirping of birds, take a scenic stroll around this chic cottage, and fall in love with its peaceful ambience. Though situated in the outskirts of Kodaikanal, Thapovan Cottage provides you with an easy reach to the prominent sightseeing locations.
The rooms in the property exude class and luxury with their beautiful décor and panoramic mountain views. If you are looking for some serene stays in Kodaikanal, Thapovan Cottage certainly deserves a mention.
3. Yogi Hilltop Cottage: Reckoned among the best Kodaikanal stays, Yogi Hilltop Cottage marks its excellence with its unparalleled hospitality and warm ambience. The property sits right next to the Kodaikanal Bus Stand and attracts both family and solo vacationers alike.
One can either choose to stay in its deluxe room or set their camps in one of their villas. The delectable Asian breakfast served at the cottage is something that has fetched it a lot of admiration.
What is the lowest and highest price for stays in Kodaikanal?The lowest price for Kodaikanal stays is around INR 800 while the highest price goes up to INR 11000.
What kind of amenities does Kodaikanal stay provide?Kodaikanal stays welcome you with a bunch of amenities in its reserve. Some of the top-notch amenities provided by these properties include:
- Doctor on call
- Kids play area
- Free internet
- Airport shuttle
Which are the best resorts to stay in Kodaikanal?
The best resorts to stay in Kodaikanal are-
1. Kodai Resort: An award-winning luxury resort settled in Kodaikanal, this resort is spread over 2 acres of land and offers majestic views of the lush green valley. The resort is known as one of the best places to stay in Kodaikanal and is located quite close to main tourist attractions, such as Kodai Lake, Rambar Falls, Coaker’s Walk, Bryant Park, Dolphin’s Nose, and Bear Shola Falls.
From cozy yet elegant cottages and a multi-cuisine restaurant to verdant lawns and conference halls, Kodai Resort is the perfect abode for anyone looking for a luxurious escape from the bustling city life. This resort is also known for its proximity with nature and all the things that come with it, such as gushing rivers, meandering streams, forest trails, and beautiful valleys.
Location: Coaker's Walk, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624101
Luxury Cottage – INR 6490 per night
Honeymoon Cottage –INR 7490 per night
Facilities: Parking, Pet’s Area, a Children's Area, Green Lawn, Ayurvedic Centre, Beauty Parlor, Open Barbecue with Bonfire, the Souvenir Shop, and a Mini Library.
2. Sterling Kodai Lake Resorts: Settled gloriously amidst the verdant green hillside of Kodaikanal, this resort is one of the best stays in Kodaikanal. The focal point of this place is the pristine lake that can be seen from almost all corners of the resort. You will instantly fall in love with the placid waters of the lake.
The resort boasts of British-styled rooms that are categorized in Classic Room, Premier Room, and Privileged Suites that offer all the luxurious services to the guests. There are countless activities that visitors can indulge in, such as air hockey, body zorbing, cycling, paintball, table tennis, trekking, yoga, bungee trampoline, archery, and bonfire.
Location: 44, Gymkhana Road, Lake View, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu-62410
Classic- INR 5,000 per night (approx.)
Premier- INR 6,000 per night (approx.)
Privileged Suits – INR 7,000 per night (approx.)
Facilities: Spa, fitness centre, parking, bar, in-room dining, laundry, on-call doctor, multi-cuisine restaurant, travel desk, and a gift shop.
3. Club Mahindra Resort: One of the most famous places to stay in Kodaikanal, and perhaps, whole of India, Club Mahindra is a reputed chain of resorts that have top-class rooms and great staff service. The shimmering lakes, meandering streams, and lush green forest trails add to the uniqueness of this resort.
A sprawling 5 acres area surrounded by lush green mountainside makes this property magical and thus, raises the stakes for other hotels and resorts in Kodaikanal. The resort is centrally located and is close to many tourist spots like Coaker’s Walk, Bryant’s Park, Chettiar’s Park, and Kodaikanal Lake. Some of the popular activities offered by the resort are horse riding, boating, trekking, cycling, and camping.
Location: Noyce Road Coaker's Walk, Kodaikanal -624103
Price: INR 5,000 per night (approx.)
Facilities: Free Parking, Spa, BBQ services, car hire, coffee shop, 24-hour service, free WiFi, restaurants, and laundry service
4. Sterling Kodai Valley Resorts: The best thing about this resort is the magnificent views of the lush green mountainside from all 122 rooms. This beautiful property is tucked away from the bustling city life and is surrounded with nature trails, gushing streams, and trees brimming with exotic birds and vibrant fruits.
The Classic, Premier and Privileged Suits are three categories of rooms offered by the resort. One of the best Kodaikanal stays, Sterling Kodai is a hub for recreational activities, such as air hockey, trekking, indoor games, bonfire, library, karaoke, jeep safari, trampoline, archery, and picnic-on request. The delectable buffet and à la carte of theValley View Restaurant is one of the highlights of this resort.
Location: Attuvampatti, Pallangi Rd, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu -624101
Classic- INR 5,000 per night (approx.)
Premier- INR 6,000 per night (approx.)
Privileged Suits – INR 7,000 per night (approx.)
Facilities: Parking, travel desk, spa, on-call doctor, fitness centre, power backup, in-house restaurant, bar, laundry, and holiday activity centre.
5. The Fern Creek Resort: A gorgeous boutique resort tucked in the heart of Kodaikanal; The Fern Creek Resort is a paradise for city-dwellers. The architecture of this beautiful resort is inspired by the British-era and its ambiance is fresh with lush green valley and misty weather most of the time.
Spread across 1.5 acres of land, the resort respects the privacy of the visitors. Keeping the same in mind, the property has designed 7 Swiss Tents and a honeymoon suite that would give a five-star hotel room a run for its money. The pristine Kodaikanal Lake is located quite close to the resort. Visitors often indulge in recreational activities, such as trekking, cycling, and camping here.
Location: 212/118, Fern Hill Rd, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624101
Swiss Tents European Plan –INR 7,000 per night (approx.) Continental Plan –INR 8,000 per night (approx.)
Honeymoon Suite – INR 8,395 per night
Facilities: Free parking, free breakfast, 24-hour security, BBQ service, bicycles-on-rent, pick-up from airport, toiletries, and housekeeping.
6. Le Poshe Resort: An eco-friendly hotel that offers luxury in a way that feels like home. Nestled amid the beautiful green vistas of Kodaikanal, this opulent resort has a potential to take you back in time and imbibe your senses with the calming energy of its environment.
The rooms of this hotel are bright with resplendence and luxury. The beautiful cottages offer picturesque views of the green forests and emerald mountains. If that’s enough, the delectable cuisines of the in-house restaurant will make you fall in love with this incredible resort.
Some of the other highlights of this posh resort include a rejuvenating spa, grand banquet halls, fitness centre, and kid’s play area.
Location: No 25 Sivanadi Road Near Kurinji Andavar Temple, Kodaikanal-624101
Standard Room-INR 5,000 per night
Premium Room-INR 5500 per night Superior Room-INR 6,000 per night
Deluxe Room-INR 7,000 per night
Facilities: Airport pick-and-drop, Free parking, free WiFi, free breakfast, indoor and outdoor games, and 24-hour service.
7. Quality Inn Sabari Resorts: One of the most popular Kodaikanal stays, Quality Inn is truly a luxury resort. From eco-friendly and spacious rooms to an exotic location, this resort attracts a large number of guests to spend their vacations in Kodaikanal.
The sheer beauty of the rooms is enough to soothe the heart and mind of the guests and the rest of the job is done by the mesmerizing mountain vistas that are clearly visible from the balcony. The resort also arranges for exciting activities, such as camping with bonfire, trekking and exploring nature trails, and DJ nights, on request. If you are looking to spend some quality time with your family, then head over to this resort.
Location: 4/8 Sivanadi Road 624101 Kodaikanal.
Price: INR 3,000 per night (approx.)
Facilities: Multi cuisine restaurant, 24-hour room service, free WiFi, parking, and safety deposit locker.
8. Hill Country Resort: This enchanting resort is situated in the heart of Kodaikanal and has the incredible potential to take you back in time when life was slow and time was a luxury. This resort is more like a home for the guests who usually fall in awe of its colonial-style architecture, quaint ambiance, and mesmerizing views of the valley. One just can’t help but soak in the good vibes of nature and embrace the calm and stillness surrounding this alluring town.
This property boasts of immaculate rooms, friendly staff, extraordinary services, and opulent amenities. From deluxe rooms to premium suites to luxury cottages, Hill Country Resort has arrangements for visitors of all seasons. A rejuvenating spa and two stunning restaurants add to the charm of this splendid place.
Location: Arackal Road, Attuvampati, Kodaikanal 624101
Standard Room – INR 4,640 per night (approx.)
Deluxe Room –INR 5,200 per night (approx.)
Premium Suite – INR 5,600 per night (approx.)
Luxury Suite –INR 5, 960 per night (approx.)
Premium Cottage –INR 11,440 per night (approx.)
Luxury Cottage –INR 11,920 per night (approx.)
Facilities: Two restaurants, a coffee shop, 24-hour desk, free parking, great room service, free parking, a games room with card tables, carom, pool, table tennis, and sky hockey, laundry, and other room services.
9. United 21 Resort: An idyllic property settled on a beautiful hilltop, United 21 Resort is one of the best stays in Kodaikanal. A unique fusion of traditional rooms and modern amenities, this extraordinary property is a favorite amongst visitors for quite a lot of reasons.
Apart from being surrounded by nature in abundance, the hotel offers panoramic views from its spacious rooms, a multi-cuisine restaurant that offers delicious local food, and big lawn area.
The well-furnished rooms of the resort include 2 honeymoon suites, 14 deluxe valley view rooms, 3 family suites, 4 standard rooms, and 8 standard double rooms. The resort also offers activities such as trekking, hiking, cycling, and rock climbing.
Location: Vilpatti Road Pachamarathodai, Kodaikanal 624101
Price: Starts from INR 3,000 per night (approx.)
Facilities: Hot and cold water, in-house laundry, doctor-on-call, room service, free parking, bicycle-on rent, and baggage storage, amongst other things.
10. The Carnival Resort: One of the best Kodaikanal stays, The Carnival Resort is a peaceful property nestled away from the regular hustle and bustle of city life. Located at a distance of 15 minutes from Kodaikanal Railway Station, this extraordinary property reeks of serenity and scenic beauty.
The place comes with standard, deluxe, and Rajwada rooms with luxury comforts and balcony with a view. Some of the recreational services at the resort include a gym, swimming pool, children’s play area, green lawns, and a gaming zone. Guests often set out for activities, such as trekking, rock climbing, rappelling, and zip-lining. Camping and bonfire can also be arranged by the staff on request.
Location: Naidupuram, Kodaikanal 624101
Price: Starts from INR 2,500 per night (approx.)
Facilities: Room service, laundry, efficient room service, free WiFi, pick and drop service, shuttle bus service, free parking, free breakfast, and concierge.
Where should I stay in Kodaikanal?
The best places to stay in Kodaikanal are some of these gorgeous hotels –Kodai Resort, Sterling Kodai Valley Resorts, The Fern Creek Resort, Le Poshe Resort, and Hill Country Resort. These resorts/hotels have luxurious yet affordable rooms and are surrounded by a beautiful valley, nature trails and meandering streams on all sides.
There are also numerous homestays to experience Kodaikanal in the most authentic way. Some of the reliable homestays in the town are Kodai Homestay, Mistycove homestay, Hill Heaven Homestay, Vattakanal Homestay, Adhithya Holidays Homestay, and Atman Homestay. The simple yet delectable local food served by these homestays will leave you in awe of them.
Which are the best homestays in and around Kodaikanal?
The best homestays in and around Kodaikanal are-
1. Kodaikanal Homestay: Surrounded with pure beauty of nature, this homestay is one of the best stays in Kodaikanal. With spacious rooms, incredible views of the valley, tasty in-house food, and 24-hour service, this is the homestay that will bring you closer to nature and all things that grow in it.The aroma of freshly-cooked food fused with cool mountain breeze and splendorous hillside views—this is Kodaikanal Homestay.
It is indeed a paradise for people who seek authentic living amid raw wilderness.There are also a variety of rooms to choose from, such as cottage room, standard room, deluxe room, and many others. The homestay also arranges for recreational activities, such as trekking, hiking, and rappelling.
Location: No. 178, Rhythms Cottages, Fairy Falls Road, Observatory Post, Kodaikanal
Price: starts from INR 1200
Facilities: Free parking, 24-hour room service, home-cooked food, indoor and outdoor games, running hot and cold water, and laundry service.
2. Kodai Homestay: A country retreat for anyone who is looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life, Kodai Homestay is an absolute delight. This vintage homestay is a traveler’s paradise, a tourist’s dream and a wanderer’s hideaway. The rooms are spacious and the staff service is great. The view of the verdant valley from the property will make you want to stay longer than originally planned.
The homestay also offers a canopy of dense trees that lead your way to an enchanting forest, which is dotted with pretty streams and stunning waterfalls. If you follow some unexplored trails, you might also discover some new ones. The sprawling lawns, panoramic views, spacious rooms, and home-cooked meals are a few highlights of this homestay.
Location:No. 178, Rhythms Cottages, Fairy Falls Road, Observatory Post, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624101
Price: Starts from INR 1500 per night (approx.)
Facilities: Parking, room service, 24-hour running water, and laundry service, amongst many other things.
3. Mistycove homestay: A posh homestay that is kissed by lush green gardens and spectacular views of the mountains and occasional drizzle, Mistycover is one of the best stays in Kodaikanal. The beautiful homestay sprawls across an area of three acres of lush green lawn that includes a blooming garden and five simple yet elegant cottages for a perfect weekend getaway.
The cottages are grand with colonial décor and lake-side views. They are also embellished with a dining hall, kitchen and outside seating area. If you are a fan of old-world charm, laid-back lifestyle and slow life, then head over to this gorgeous property and rejuvenate your mind, body and soul.
Location: G - 159, Panampilly Nagar, Kochi - 682 036
INR 5,000 per night (Weekdays) during season
INR 4,000 per night (Weekdays) during off-season
INR 5,250 per night (Weekends) during season
INR 4,750 per night (Weekends) during off-season
Facilities: Free WiFi, cable connection, refrigerator, hairdryer, guest amenities, safety locker, and parking.
4. Kodaikanal Dreamstay: This splendid homestay comprises of 8 rooms, including 2 aesthetic cottages and rest deluxe rooms, nestled amid the lush green beauty of Kodaikanal. One of the most luxurious Kodaikanal stays, this homestay does complete justice to the word ‘Dreamstay.’
The homestay is gloriously lush with colonial-style architecture that reminds the visitors of the English era. The walls of this bungalow exude old-world charm as the weather outside blends well with the in-house culture. The place is perfect for a family retreat as well romantic getaway. It is highly recommended to wake up early to witness the sunrise and take a walk in nature amid the chirping of birds and gushing of a nearby stream.
Location: No: 19/2, Abban Compound, Near Observatory Mosque, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624103
Deluxe Rooms – INR 2,500 per night
Standard Cottage –INR 1,500 per night
Two Bed-Room Cottage (First Floor) – INR 6,000 per night
Two Bed-Room Cottage (Ground Floor) –INR 5,000 per night
Deluxe Rooms – INR 2,000 per night
Standard Cottage –INR 1,000 per night
Two Bed-Room Cottage (First Floor) – INR 5,000 per night
Two Bed-Room Cottage (Ground Floor) –INR 4,000 per night
Facilities: Pick-up and drop from Kodai Road, Madurai and Coimbatore Railway Stations and Airport, parking, laundry, room heater, doctor-on-call, sight-seeing/nature tours, home-made meals, garden, and running hot water.
5. B2B Homestay: Soak in the magical vibes of mountainside by spending a few days in this exotic homestay. One of the most popular Kodaikanal stays, this one will make you fall in love with its breathtaking rooms and incredible services.
A homestay with 21-well furnished rooms that offer spectacular views of the misty valley, B2B should definitely be your accommodation choice. To put it simply, it is a home away from home, only you will spend your days relaxing your body and calming your senses. There are cottages available from 2 beds to 8 beds, which make this homestay ideal for a big and happy family vacation.
Location: Plot No D-4, MM Street, Building Society, Kodaikanal - Tamil Nadu, India – 624101
2 Bedded Room Cottage
Season – INR 4,499 per night
Off-Season –INR 2,499 per night
4 Bedded Room Cottage
Season – INR 8,999 per night
Off-Season –INR 4,999 per night
6 Bedded Room Cottage
Season – INR 10, 499 per night
Off-Season –INR 7,499 per night
8 Bedded Room Cottage
Season – INR 14,999 per night
Off-Season –INR 9,996 per night
Facilities: 24-hour hot water, tea and coffee, doctor-on call, 24-hour room service, travel desk, and parking.
6. Hill Heaven Homestay: One of the most beautiful homestays of Kodaikanal, Hill Heaven is a traditional home property that offers modern facilities to the visitors. This quaint homestay is known for its warm and friendly staff, beautiful vistas of the valley, and exclusive home-cooked local meal.The rooms are quite spacious and have big windows with some incredible views of the mountainside. Do not think twice before setting out of this beautiful home and exploring the vibrant forest trails that lead to the spectacular Bear Shola Falls.
The homestay also arranges for camping, trekking, and bonfire activities, on request. The accommodation price is also quite affordable in comparison to the other homestays of Kodaikanal.
Location: Bear Shola Falls Road, Kodaikanal 624101
Price: Starts from INR 2,000 per night (approx.)
Facilities: Running hot water, parking, home-cooked food, laundry, and room service.
7. Villa Rose Homestay: A humongous property located far away from the mundane city life, Villa Rose Homestay is an answer to that relaxing weekend getaway. The area surrounding this homestay has a lot to offer—tranquil of forests, charm of misty weather, and the chirping of birds—now that’s something you don’t find in the cities.
The cottage has three grand bedrooms with attached bathrooms. It also boasts of a big living room and an embellished dining hall. The view from the windows of the room is simply breathtaking and enough to convince visitors to leisure around for a few days.
Location: Wydra Compound, Observatory Road, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624101
Deluxe Room (with a living area) – INR 3,500 per night
Deluxe Room (with a living area) –INR 2,990 per night
Deluxe Room – INR 3,000 per night
Deluxe Room –INR 2,500 per night
Facilities: WiFi connection, running hot water, LCD TV, pick-and-drop, and campfire.
8. Vattakanal Homestay: A calm and serene place amongst numerous Kodaikanal stays, Vattakanal Homestay is quite an enchanting property. This magical homestay has a wood house cottage, a double-bed cottage, four-bedroom cottage, and 2 extravagant mansions for the visitors. The rooms offer all the basic amenities and the staff arranges for needs and wants for the guests immediately.
The place is located quite close to the pristine Kodaikanal Lake and since it is perched on the top of a hill, this homestay offers larger-than-life views of the whole valley. One will have to witness the panorama to understand the beauty of it. Activities, such as trekking, boating, rock climbing, and camping with bonfire, are arranged by the staff of the homestay.
Location: 20/21 B, Vattakanal, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624103
Price: Starts from INR 3,000 per night
Facilities: Running hot water, parking, sightseeing tours, food and drinks, laundry, room service, and many other services.
9. Adhithya Holidays Homestay: If you are looking for an elegant yet affordable Kodaikanal stay, then this is the best choice for you. This luxury homestay is divided into three cottages, namely, The Oasis, The Orchid and The Niaz. The first two cottages individually accommodate 12 people at one time and the last one has three bedrooms. The homestay also offers stay in its hotel rooms for those who are interested.
These cottages are located at a distance of 3-km from the lake and thus, are ideal spots for camping, trekking, and hiking activities. If you aren’t an adventurer, then the idea of relaxing in the rooms that offer splendorous views of the misty mountains will definitely exhilarate you.
Location: Sai Adhithya law chamber, 7/ 321.P.T.Road, Opp Aavin milk Union, Kodaikanal 624101, Tamil Nadu
Price: Starts from INR 8,000 per night (approx.)
Facilities: Room service, driver, outer garden with campfire, fireplace, recreation room, LED TV, living area, and fully-equipped kitchen.
10. Atman Homestay: If you are looking to find peace and calm in the middle of nature, then this homestay is your perfect retreat. Settled gloriously on the banks of a perennial stream, Atman blooms amid the lush green hillside with chirping of birds for company.
The owners of this place are true lovers of nature and love exploring the untouched forest trails with their guests. For the same reason, activities, such as trekking, hiking, bird watching, and local sightseeing are arranged with much gusto by the staff.
There are four luxurious rooms with attached bathrooms that offer a splendid view of the dreamy valley. The delicious home-cooked meal of this homestay is one more reason that you will fall in love with Atman.
Location: 9-38/1, Fairy Falls Road, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu 624101
Price: INR 4,000 per night
Facilities: Wooden floors, bay windows, solar heaters, room service, sightseeing and trekking tours, LED TV, car parking, laundry, pick/drop, etc.
What is the best time to visit Kodaikanal?
The best time to visit Kodaikanal is between October and March. However, Kodaikanal can be visited all year considering that the weather is usually pleasant in this region.
It offers incredible views of the valley and is also the perfect getaway for recreational activities, such as trekking, hiking, camping, rock climbing, and rappelling.