1. Explore ancient structures with a heritage tour: With several old forts, ancient temples, and a monument, visiting these architect marvels tops the list of things to do in Igatpuri. Explore the city's heritage by visiting famous landmarks like Tringalwadi Fort, Ghatandevi Temple, Amruteshwar Temple, Igatpuri Cemetery, etc., and discover its rich past, culture, and more.
- Timings:8:00 AM - 6:00 PM (approx.)
2. Visit temples and offer prayers: With the grand and artistic Amruteshwar Temple and Ghatandevi Mandir located in the city, Igatpuri is pilgrimage heaven for spirituality seekers and Hindu devotees. These are also known for their marvelous architecture and serene surroundings.
These draw visitors from all across India and deserve a visit for being ancient and classic. Visit these ancient temples to pray and seek blessings or to be amused by their elegance and charisma.
3. Indulge in water sports: Are you an adventure buff and thinking about what to do in Igatpuri to test your stamina and adrenaline? Fret not, as Igatpuri offers a range of water sports and adventures to test your boldness and adrenaline.
The Talegaon Lake and Tringalwadi Lake provide the perfect settings for enjoying swimming, tubing, boating, and kayaking, whereas, Vaitarna Lake lets you enjoy great levels of excitement and thrills with white water rafting.
4. Reach new heights with Hiking/Trekking: For adventure enthusiasts who like to achieve and explore new heights by trekking and hiking, there are a plethora of things to do in Igatpuri. It has various well-paved trails that are not only fun to follow but are full of natural beauty. You can opt for Kalsubai Peak Trek, Ratangarh & Sandhan Valley Trek, Harihar Fort Trek, or Bitangad Trek, as per your preferences, strength, and likings.
5. Enjoy a unique stay experience with Lakeside Night Camping: Igatpuri has pristine and azure Talegaon Lake, Tringalwadi Lake, and Vaitarna Lake, which provide a beautiful ambiance and setting for night camping. These campsites let you enjoy an extraordinary experience amidst nature with a tent stay under the star-lit sky. Enjoy serene surroundings, music, campfire, stargazing, captivating sunset/sunrise, fun games, and much more with a night camp away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Price:Starts from INR 1,099 per person.
6. Attain spirituality with a visit to Dhammagiri: Enroll in a 10-day course offered by the Vipassana International Academy or Dhammagiri that teaches the ancient meditation technique, Vipassana. The place is recognized as the largest meditation center in the world and draws people from across the globe to attain spirituality and connect with the inner self.
The large Golden Pagoda, the central theme of Dhammagiri, is also a famous landmark of the city and amuses visitors for its charm, beauty, and architect. Visiting Dhammagiri and learning this unique art of meditation is one of the most sought-after things to do in Igatpuri that teaches the art of breathing, soothes your mind and soul, helps mental purification, and lets you understand the truth of impermanence.
- Location:Dhamma Giri, Dist, Igatpuri, Maharashtra 422403
- Timings:10:00 am to 5:00 pm
7. Create memorable moments with a picnic: Plan a picnic with your family or friends to gorgeous spots like Vaitarna Dam, Darna Dam, Bhatsa River Valley, Camel Valley, The Five Waterfalls, Vihigaon (Ashoka) Waterfall, Talegaon Lake, Tringalwadi Lake, etc. These places offer beautiful surroundings and lush landscapes to have pleasurable moments with your loved ones, partner, or friends. Here, you will get plenty of opportunities to click selfies or capture the best family pictures with nature in the backdrop.
8. Go shopping around the alleys: It is said that no trip is complete without buying a specialty of the area and Igatpuri is no exception. The hill station has very limited options for souvenir shopping but don't miss checking out the Vipassana Research Institute’s bookshop for books on Vipassana meditation available in different languages, picture postcards, and many other souvenir items.
You will also find small shops selling almonds, cashew nuts, locally made chocolates, local spices, local snacks & namkeens like Bhakarwadi, etc., that you can take back home.
9. Relish the flavors of Maharashtrian cuisine: With a vast variety of authentic Maharashtrian, South Indian, North Indian, Chinese, and Continental food recipes on offer, foodies have an abundance of choices to satiate their cravings and taste buds.
The town is also known for its tasty and spicy seafood and houses several food stalls and restaurants serving street food like vada pav, misal pav, pav bhaji, etc. It is also famous for its fish recipes, chicken masala, deserts like Shrikhand, hot Masala Malai milk, and many more varieties to make your trip more delightful and tempting.
Planning A Trip To Igatpuri, Checkout Our Best Selling Igatpuri Tour Packages Now!