Popular Aurangabad Packages
|4 Days 3 Nights||₹ 9200|
|4 Days 3 Nights||₹ 9500|
Aurangabad tour packages - Browse through a wide range of Aurangabad holidays packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Aurangabad vacation packages with exciting deals & offers.
Aurangabad is often referred to as the Tourism Capital of Maharashtra, and rightly so because the city offers so much and umpteen Aurangabad tour packages make it a breeze to tour and explore the best! Tucked away in the interiors of Maharashtra, Aurangabad is replete with rich culture, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, vibrant markets brimming with tourists, plenty of activities and food, all of which can be experienced with an Aurangabad tour. Aurangabad packages are inclusive of everything, from day tours and sightseeing to meals and accommodation at some of the best resorts across the city. All of which can be customised to suit your preferences.
Sights in Aurangabad that certainly shouldn’t be missed are the Bhadra Maruti Temple, dedicated to Lord Hanuman, and Bibi Ka Maqbara, a gorgeous mausoleum with four towering minarets, dedicated to the wife of the Mughal Emperor, Aurangzeb. The play of marble and red stone in its architecture is a sight to behold! Other sights included in Aurangabad tour packages are Siddharth Garden, where the zoo is inhabited by tigers, leopards, hyenas, and deer, amidst lush greenery.
There’s the Valley of the Sufi Saints which houses the tombs of great emperors and has a beautiful Dargah paying tribute to Moinuddin Chishti of Khuldabad. Three hours away from Aurangabad is the unmissable, Ajanta and Ellora Caves, which are a World Heritage Site showcasing Buddhist artwork that dates back to 600 A.D. The 29 Ajanta caves and 34 Ellora caves boast of architectural expertise and are considered a marvel that you must visit. So make sure you add it to your itinerary when customising your package.
When in Aurangabad, dine at the popular Yalla Yalla, known for its authentic North Indian cuisine, especially the kebabs and biryani that are worth relishing. If you can’t choose from the extensive a la carte menus, head to Bhoj or Thaat Bhat for some delicious thali, with regional flavours from Maharashtra and Gujarat. Ensure that your package offers some spare time for leisure so you can shop at the local markets for exclusive traditional Paithani sarees and silks, Himroo shawls, and an array of fabrics. Reside at posh hotels like Lemon Tree and WelcomHotel, or for a more homely, local stay, you can choose a simpler hotel or a homestay. Aurangabad has a lot to offer and ideally, a 3 Night/ 4 Day trip is perfect to explore everything, so customise your package well, to make the most of it!
People Also Ask About Aurangabad Tours
Which are the best places to visit in the Aurangabad tour?1. Ajanta Cave: 30 beautifully carved out rock temples dating back to 2nd century BCE, Ajanta Caves is one of the true marvels of ancient Indian architectural expertise. The caves are a true testament of Buddhism and have numerous artworks painted into the stones to showcase the life of Gautam Buddha. Listed as a very important UNESCO world heritage site, each of the 30 Caves in Ajanta has a very unique and different perspective to present which is quite baffling to watch and explore. You must not miss out visiting this place during your Aurangabad holiday packages
- Location: Aurangabad, Maharashtra 431117
- Timings: All days of the week except Monday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Price: INR 40
2. Ellora Caves: If Ajanta caves is about its rich paintings, then Ellora is about its breathtakingly stunning sculpture work. Another important UNESCO world heritage site, the cave temple complex is dated to be from around 600 to 900 CE era. Though over 100 individual caves have been excavated at the archeological site of Charanandri Hills, only 34 are open to the public. The biggest mystery revolving around this stunning workmanship is about how brilliant the engineering and architectural knowledge of the people of those times were. Visit the caves on your Aurangabad packages tour and take home some wonderful memories to cherish.
- Location: Ellora Cave Rd, Ellora, Maharashtra 431102
- Timings: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Price: INR 40
3. Daulatabad Fort: Also known as Deogiri, this is one of the rare remnants of the 12 century Yadava Dynasty. Situated on a conical peak at a height of 200 meters, the Daulatabad Fort is a true specimen of how one of the best fortifications can be designed to ward off enemies. Spiked gates, single point of entry and exit, absence of parallel gate, complex routes and channels are just a few of the tactics implemented to create one of the best fortress designs of the world. Tourists love to come over to this place on their Aurangabad holiday packages to capture some scenic moments.
- Location: MH SH 22, Daulatabad, Maharashtra 431002
- Timings: 8 AM - 6 PM
- Price: INR 10
4. Bibi ka maqbara: If you thought Taj Mahal is the only symbol of love to exist from the Mughal Age, you would be utterly wrong. Built by Aurangzeb, in the memories of his chief wife, DIlrus Banu Begum, Bibi ka maqbara bears a striking resemblance to Taj Mahal, that Aurangzeb’s father Shah Jahan had built for his mother Mumtaj. The mausoleum has the patented Mughal inspired design, despite it not being as grand as the Taj. Often referred to as Dakshini Taj, Bibi ka Maqbara holds a lot of historical accounts of the time. Visit this architectural marvel during your Aurangabad packages tour to know more about the past era.
- Location: Begumpura, Aurangabad, Maharashtra 431004
- Timings: 8 AM - 8 PM
- Price: INR 25 - INR 300
5. Grishneshwar Temple: One of the oldest shrines of Lord Shiva, Grishneshwar Mandir is the home to the last of the twelve Jyotirlingas. Just a few minutes walk away from the Ellora Caves, the Shiv Mandir was built in the early 13th century to only be destroyed by Mughals and rebuilt by the Marathas. The elaborately designed temple complex has a 5 tier shikhara and has a distinctive South Indian artwork inspired design.
- Location: Verul, Aurangabad District
- Timings: 5:30 am to 11:00 pm every day; 3:00 am to 11:00 pm during the month of Shravan (August-September)
6. Salim Ali Lake : Documented as Khiziri Talab during the Mughal era, this picturesque lake is now one of the most serene hotspots to visit in Aurangabad, that is also a Bird Sanctuary. The rich biodiverse zone of the lake is home to numerous migratory bird species and numerous species of fishes, molluscs, rodents, trees and flowers. Enjoying a scenic boat ride aside, tourists can also spend time amidst pollution free lush green surroundings.
- Location: Aurangabad, Maharashtra
- Timings: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
7. Pitalkhora Cave: Yet another stunning piece of architecture from the 4th century BCE, the cave temple complex consists of 14 rock cut Buddist temples. With a beautiful waterfall cascading down the hills from one side of the temple complex, the entire panorama is an ethereal sight that many fail to explore. Underrated yet extremely stunning, the Pitalkhora caves played a very vital role in determining the chronological order of the Ajanta and Ellora caves.
- Location: 20 kms away from Kannad ( Dist Aurangabad) 30 kms away from Chalisgaon.( Central Railway, Chandikawadi, Maharashtra 431103
- Timings: 9:00 AM - 6 PM
8. Gul Mandi: Also known as the heart of Aurangabad, Gul Mandi is a sight to behold. Boisterous crowds, hustling deals and a lot of authentic and rich street food experiments makes Gul Mandi one of the all year round busy hotspots of the city. The market is the best place to buy the stunning Himroo shawls, which comprises intricate peacock patterns and stitch works of the dying Himroo style of artwork.
- Location: Shahgunj, Aurangabad, Maharashtra 431001
- Timings: 07:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Which are the best things to do on the Aurangabad tour?1. Seek Blessings at Bhadra Maruti: Bhadra Murti temple happens to be an age old place of worship that is dedicated to Lord Hanuman. The temple nestles in Khuldabad which is located close to the famous Ellora caves. You will come to know about the sleeping postures after Allahabad and Jam Sawali.
- Location: Khuldabad Road, Khuldabad, Maharashtra 431101
- Timing: 5:00 AM to 12:00 PM, 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM
2. Witness Bibi-Ka-Maqbara: It is one of the famous tombs of Dilras Banu Begum which was commissioned by her husband Aurangzeb in the year 1660. The tomb happens to be a close resemblance of Taj Mahal in Agra and the largest monument constructed during the reign of Aurangzeb. Coming over to this place, you can explore the ancient architecture and know more about the past era.
- Location: Begumpura, Aurangabad, Maharashtra 431004
- Timing: 8 AM to 8 PM
- Entry fee: INR 15 per Indian adult plus adults from the SAARC countries | INR 200 for foreign nationals.
3. Eat at Yalla Yalla: Yalla yalla happens to be a fine dining restaurant that has successfully mastered the art of serving delicious Aurangabadi food filled with spices and aroma. You must try aromatic biryani, achari chicken, north indian dishes like shami kebabs, mutton dum biryani, caramel custard, and prawn koliwada.
- Location: Osmanpura Rd, Snehnagar, Konkanwadi, Aurangabad, Maharashtra 431005
- Timing: 11 AM to 11 PM
- Price: INR 500 (approximately)
4. Relax at Panchakki: Panchakki, one of the must visit places on Aurangabad Tour Packages is located adjacent to the popular Bibi ka Maqbara. It is an ancient watermill which has got an excellent architectural design. It is surrounded by the complex of baba sahi Musafir dargah. This watermill was used to generate hydroelectricity from a spring on a mountain in the year 1734.
- Location: Panchakki Rd, Panchakki, Nagsenvan, Aurangabad, Maharashtra 431004
- Timing: 6:30 AM to 9:30 PM
- Entry fee: INR 5 for Indian adults | INR 100 for foreign nationals.
5. Explore the old charm of Naukhanda Palace: Built by Mallik Ambar in 1614, this was believed to be the royal palace of the Nizam of Aurangabad. In addition to the humongous entrance gateway known as Barkhal, the inner sanctum comprises 5 zananas, a kacheri, a masjid and even a large garden with a cistern. Today, the beautiful yet simple remnant from the Mughal Era is the home to one of the oldest Women’s colleges of the country. However it is open to the tourists to explore on their Aurangabad Tour Packages.
- Location: Mill Corner, Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India
6. Visit Shrimant Chatrapati Shivaji Museum: Shrimant chhatrapati shivaji museum happens to be one of the must visit places in Aurangabad for any history lover. The museum has 6 exhibition halls displaying a number of antiques that date back to 500 year old. You will come across a 500 year old war suit, 400 year Paithani Sari, and a handwritten copy of the Quran by Aurangzeb. The exhibition hall can be considered as a testimony to the valor and courage of Maratha rulers.
- Location: Near Govt. Arts and Science college, Himayat Bagh, Aurangabad, Maharashtra 431004
- Timing: Open all days of the week from 10:30 A.M to 6:00 P.M
- Entry fee: INR 5 for Indian adults | INR 20 for foreign nationals.
7. Stroll through the alluring Siddhartha Garden: If our tour planner consists of a family vacation with kids, then Siddhartha Garden is definitely worth exploring. In addition to a beautiful and very large garden, there is also a well maintained zoo that has numerous wild animals kept protected from the illegalities of the wild world. Located 4 km from Bibi ka maqbara, the SIddhartha Zoo and garden is also a great picnic spot.
The garden has numerous beautiful water sprouts, musical fountains, seasonal flower decorations and a wide plethora of large trees that offer complete shade from the harsh sun rays. In addition to the zoo, there is also a huge Aquarium that houses numerous colorful fish from all over the world and a large park for kids to play during their visit through Aurangabad Tour Packages.
- Location: Central Bus Stand Road, Mhada, Aurangabad, Maharashtra 431001
- Timings: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
What is the best time to visit Aurangabad?The best time to visit Aurangabad would be in between the month of October and the month of March. The climatic condition of Aurangabad remains green and pleasant. The temperature ranges close to 35 degree celsius which makes outdoor sightseeing and activities very comfortable.
Why is Aurangabad famous?Aurangabad happens to be a historic city that is home to a number of historical monuments like Ajanta Caves and Ellora Caves and UNESCO heritage sites like Panchakki and Bibi ka Maqbara. Being one of the fastest growing cities of the world, you will surely be able to experience a perfect blend of the modern day fascinations and old age charm at a single time.
How long does it take to see Ellora caves?If you wish to take a thorough tour of the Ellora Caves, then you would need at least three to four hours. Booking a tour through Aurangabad Tour Packages, you can know more about the caves and its construction in the times gone by.
Which are the best historical places to visit during the Aurangabad tour?1. Aurangabad Caves: Dug out of the plain basalt rock formation during the 6th and 7th century, these caves can be considered as a sheer piece of ancient culture. You will come across 12 rock cut Budhhist shrines at this place during your sightseeing tour of Aurangabad Tour Packages.
2. Daulatabad Fort: Daulatabad fort happens to be one of the most highlighted and commanding forts in Maharashtra. It is also termed as one of the 7 wonders of Maharashtra which dates back to the 12th century. Climbing up to the fort, you will be able to see brilliant views of the city.
3. Bibi-Ka-Maqbara: Bibi ka maqbara has got close resemblances with the Taj Mahal, which is considered to be the symbol of love in India. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city as it showcases a beautiful mausoleum of Rabia-ul-Daurani, the wife of the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb.
4. Ajanta Caves: Ajanta caves happens to be a UNESCO world heritage site that is a group of 30 primal Buddhist caves. This ancient architecture can be considered as one of the most luminous forms of Indian art which was constructed by the Buddhist monks by simple hand tools like hammers and chisels. Plan out a visit to these caves on your Aurangabad Tour Packages and explore the unexplored.