Situated on the Barron river, the Tinaroo Falls Dam is a great Cairns tourist attractions to visit when looking for a getaway. Some of the most famous activities to indulge in here include sailing, waterskiing, house boating, and swimming. The Tinaroo Falls Dam also offers an opportunity to trek through the pristine rainforests enclosed here.
Located on the Barron river in the Atherton tableland in Far North Queensland, this artificial dam is where you can enjoy a beautiful day out with your loved ones. Lake Tinaroo offers a range of activities like sailing, water skiing, houseboating and swimming which you can partake in here.
Surrounded by rainforests, this lake offers an amazing opportunity to trek and get a closer sneak peek into the pristine landscape of nature. You can also enjoy a picnic here or engage in fishing for the best Barramundi fish when you are exploring the offbeat places to see in Cairns.
Highlights: Offers adventure activities like sailing, water skiing, houseboating and swimming
Location: Tinaroo Dam, Barron River
Best Time: Throughout the year
• Explore this man-made dam where you may spend an amazing day out with your loved ones.
• Participate in a variety of activities in Lake Tinaroo, including swimming, houseboating.
• Immerse yourself in some unique experiences here, such as sailing by the Barron river or even water skiing.
• For the adventure enthusiast, the Tinaroo dam offers a fantastic opportunity to trek around the many rainforests here.
• Get a closer glimpse into the pristine beauty of nature because it is surrounded by rainforests, waterfalls, and beautiful flowering plants.
• Discover the unusual sites to visit in Cairns, you can also take a picnic with your friends and family.
• Go fishing for the best Barramundi fish when at the Tinaroo Falls Dam, since it is one of the top things to do when visiting here.
• Indulge yourself in a photography session, and learn about the natural flora and fauna here, along with the history of the dam.