About Burj KhalifaThe Burj Khalifa, a renowned skyscraper in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is the tallest structure and building in the whole wide world. It boasts a height of 2722 feet with the roof soaring up to an elevation of 2717 feet. It was developed for Dubai to gain recognition on an international level. It was originally given the name of Burj Dubai but was later renamed in the honour of Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, United Arab Emirates’ President and the ruler of Abu Dhabi.
The building is designated as the world's tallest one and has led to break numerous height records. The Burj Khalifa is a mixed-use development designed to be a large scale centrepiece. It boasts a total of 9 hotels including the renowned The Address Downtown Dubai, 30,000 homes, a minimum of 19 residential skyscrapers, 7.4 acres of parkland, 12 hectares of artificial Burj Khalifa Lake, and the Dubai Mall.
Back in the year, 2010 in the month of January an outdoor observation deck by the name of 'At The Top' opened on the 124th floor of the building. Featuring a height of 1483 feet, it was the world's height outdoor observation deck. Although, in the year 2011 it was surpassed by Cloud Top 488 of the Canton Tower featuring a height of 1601 feet.
Once again, Burj Khalifa gave the highest observation deck to the world when it opened the 1821 feet high 148th-floor SKY level in the year 2014 on October 15th. The record was overtaken in June 2016 when the Shanghai Tower came up with an observation deck boasting a height of 1840.55 feet.
The observation deck on the 124th-floor features an augmented reality device, the electronic device by Gsmprjct° of Montréal. The device allows tourists to view the beautifully landscaped surroundings in real-time. It also allows them to relish the previously taken and saved images such that the ones taken under several weather conditions at different times of the day.
The management works well to reduce the rush of daily sightseers by allowing them to buy tickets for a specific time and date in advance at a 75% discounted price as compared to when purchased on spot. When the visibility is high and the tide is low, one can view the Iran shores from the skyscraper top.
Planning a Dubai Trip: Check out the best Dubai holiday tour packages
How to Reach Burj Khalifa
The distance between Dubai airport and Burj Khalifa is around 17.7 kilometres. You can reach Burj Khalifa from Dubai Airport (DXB) by 6 different ways including bus, car, train, taxi or town car. A taxi or Uber, or car is the quickest way to reach the building in around 13 minutes.
The metro takes around 29 minutes and you would also have to walk a bit from the station to the building. Line 27 bus takes around 58 minutes but is a cheap way to travel from the airport to Burj Khalifa.
Also Checkout: 15 Best Things to Do in Dubai Airport
Best Time to Visit Burj Khalifa
Although you can visit Burj Khalifa as per your convenience. But the ideal time to visit such that you get to relish the best sight is at the sunset hours. Therefore, the timings from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm is considered the best hours. However, these hours are considered to be the prime visiting hours and therefore, the cost of the tickets are also high.
Suggested Read: Best Time and Season to Visit Dubai
What Not to Miss at Burj Khalifa
Some of the not to be missed places near Burj Khalifa include the following:
1. Burj Khalifa Park - The Burj Khalifa Park features 6 water features, flowering trees, palm-lined walkways, and lush green gardens. The area also boasts 2 tennis courts, a playing ground for the kids, and a wading pool. The base and the center of the park houses the water room of Burj Khalifa featuring water jet fountains and a series of pools.
2. The Dubai Mall - In terms of area, The Dubai Mall is the largest shopping mall in the world. It features 1,200 shops where you can shop till you drop. The mall is huge with an ample number of attractions for the visitors including Galleries Lafayette department store, Waterfront Atrium, KidZania, Oasis Fountain Waterfall, jewelry and gold outlets, 120 restaurants, a 250 room luxury hotel, 22 cinema screens and so much more.
Know More: Amazing Things to do in Dubai Mall
3. Reel Cinemas - With over 22 movie screens, The Reel Cinemas at The Dubai Mall is a massive cineplex in Dubai. It showcases a wide range movie shows including 3D digital titles, latest international blockbusters, and several art-house films. There are also Platinum Movie Suites available for the visitors to indulge themselves in the luxurious experience of enjoying a movie king size.
4. KidZania - Offering the kids the amazing experience of in role-playing, KidZania is a wonderful place for the kids aged 4 to 15 where they get to enjoy in this man-made mini-city spread across an area of 80,000 sq.ft. With a real city's replica for the kids, this is a must-visit while in Dubai. Therefore to have a fun-filled day out book your tickets to Kidzania at flat 30% Off.
5. The Dubai Fountain - The Dubai Fountain is the largest fountain system that has been choreographed. It is located right outside The Dubai Mall and the timing of the shows are regularly put up at 1:30 pm, 2:00 pm as well as between 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm at an interval of every half an hour. Enjoy the Dubai Fountain lake ride and witness the world's largest dancing fountain.
6. Dubai Ice Rink - The Dubai Ice Ring is an Olympic-sized rink is a venue used for multiple purposes. It can host around 2,000 guests in one given time. Owning over 1,800 pairs of skates from the leading manufacturers of Italy, this place is good for all the visitors including kids and adults to enjoy skating. This fun hotspot offers Public Skating Sessions, birthday party packages, Disco Sessions, and corporate functions. It also houses an in-house cafeteria, a skate shop for accessories and a massive LED screen.
7. Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo - Located at The Dubai Mall's center, the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo is one amazing indoor aquariums for the visitors to explore. The acrylic viewing panel here is larger than Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium of Japan which has led to establishing its name in the book of Guinness World Record.
It is the world's 'Largest Acrylic Panel'. It is an amazing 270-degree walkthrough tunnel of glass where the viewers get to view a diverse collection of aquatic wildlife. It features over 33,000 aquatic animals and over 220 species including stingrays and sharks. So, to enjoy the beauty of the marine world book Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo at flat 20% Off.
Also Checkout: Best Tourist Attractions in Dubai
Things to Do in Burj Khalifa
There are a number of interesting things to do at Burj Khalifa. Some of them are jotted below:
- Visit the high-risen observatory and learn about the history of this marvellous architectural brilliance of the modern times and enjoy the unforgettable panoramic view of the city around.
- Get introduced to the rich history of Burj Khalifa as you enter the elevator on your way to the At The Top. The ride is an extraordinary one as you get to enjoy the video which features everything related to the history of the development including the excellent level of conceptualization and time that the creation of this world-class structure asked for.
- Enjoy the services at any of the 19 hotels that are featured within Burj Khalifa.
- Get clicked against the green screen and take back home memories for a lifetime. Taking a picture with this architectural marvel in the background which would be a memorable momento of your trip to Dubai.
- Enjoy a bird's eye view of Dubai city via the telescope that the observatory deck of the building features. The marvellous contrast of the golden desert and the emerald lush green patches of the surroundings look absolutely perfect when viewed from such a height. You would have to hold your breath which you zoom in to the amazing views of the surrounding structures including the Dubai Fountain.
- Dine at the Atmosphere sitting amidst the amazing views of the surroundings.
- Visit Burj Khalifa on Saturdays or Fridays in the early morning hours and witness the beautiful sunrise.
You may also like: 55 Awesome Activities to Do in Dubai
Other Essential Information About Burj Khalifa
Location: 1 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Blvd - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Timing: The timings for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday is from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm. While that for Thursdays and Fridays is from 10:00 am to 12:00 am. The entry timing for Burj Khalifa's At The Top is from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm and from 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm.
The observation deck is open on Saturdays and Fridays from 5:30 am onwards such that the visitors can view the sunrise. Last entry is 45 minutes prior to shutting down. Visitors are allowed on 30-minute intervals with off-peak and peak ticket prices.
Price: There are 2 types of tickets for Burj Khalifa At The Top (Level 125 and 124) and At The Top SKY (Level 148, 125 and 124). The ticket price for Prime and Non-Prime time slots are different.
At the Top SKY (Level 148 +125 + 124)
For Non-prime hours
- AED 370
- USD 101
- INR 6980
For Prime hours
- AED 525
- USD 143
- INR 9905
At the Top (Level 125 + 124)
For Non-prime hours
- AED 141
- USD 38
- INR 2660
For Prime hours
- AED 216
- USD 59
- INR 4075
Also Checkout: 30 Best Places to Visit in Dubai with Family
Tips for Visiting Burj Khalifa
Some tips that you must keep in mind while planning to visit Burj Khalifa are as follows:
Decide your budget and get the bookings done in advance - The cost of the tickets are not cheap. By making an advance booking you can save on a lot of money or even more than that in case you visit the place during the off-peak hours.
Decide the time - The peak visiting hours are sunset hours and late afternoons usually from 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm. The time of the ticket is the time of entry, but once you enter you're free to stay for as long as you desire. A normal visit lasts for up to 60 to 90 minutes.
Plan your journey and attire - You can either take a taxi or uber or metro which has a drop off station at The Dubai Mall. The dressing has to be taken care of in Dubai where women require covering up.
Plan the rest of the day - While in Dubai downtown you can plan the rest of your day in exploring the other places in downtown Dubai. You can dine, shop and enjoy the Dubai fountains.
Must Read: Travel guide to Dubai for a hassle free experience.