Masinagudi Jeep Safari Highlights
- Embark on this exciting jeep safari in Masinagudi and do something fun and completely opposite of your monotonous schedule.
- Witness the rarely seen wildlife species in the Mudumalai National Park that is famous for being home to chitals, wild boars, panthers, jackals and many more other rare species.
- Undertake the enthralling jeep safari with a professional driver cum guide that will make your ride even more fun-filled.
- Explore the Natural fauna of the National park and feel more connected to the mesmerizing nature.
Masinagudi Jeep Safari Overview
Activity Location: Masinagudi
Activity Timings: 06:00 AM, 07:00 AM or 05:00 PM or 07:00 PM
About Masinagudi Jeep Safari:
Masinagudi is a little town, that borders the fringes of the famous Mudumalai wildlife sanctuary and straddling the Moyar river, Masinagudi forms a centre point between Ooty and Theppakadu. The Jeep safaris at Masinagudi are organized by the forest department. They are organized every morning and evening, where you get a chance to come face-to-face with rarely seen wildlife species in their natural habitat.
About the Activity:
- Experience 2 hours of wilderness fun with a jeep safari in Masinagudi; a forest region located at the foothills of the Nilgiris.
- Organized every early morning and late evening, this jeep safari will take you through amazing forests and lush green thickets that provide refuge for many species of animals.
- You can opt for an early morning jeep safari starting at around 06:00 AM, 07:00 AM or the late evening rides at 05:00 PM or 07:00 PM.
- Come face-to-face with the rarely seen wildlife in their most natural form. Spot an elephant herd freely roam in their own natural premise and hidden amongst shrubs could be chitals and wild boars.
How to reach?
Mudumalai National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary are situated on the road that connects Mysore and Ooty. It is about 90 km from Mysore and only around 70 km from Ooty and is easily accessible via public and private transport.
By road – Ooty is accessible via buses and taxis from nearby towns. Regular buses run to and from Bangalore (300 km), Coimbatore (85 km), Mysore (125 km) and other tourist destinations nearby.
By rail – The nearest railway station is Ooty itself, and the steam-powered toy train connects it to Mettupalayam (40 km). Mettupalayam has got regular connectivity to other towns of India and has daily trains from Chennai and Coimbatore.
By air – The nearest airport is at Coimbatore, about 85 km away from Ooty and 160 km from the Mudumalai National Park.
Select Package Option
Masinagudi Jeep Safari
More Details about Masinagudi Jeep Safari
Know Before You Go for Masinagudi Jeep Safari
- Jeeps run by private travel operators remain out of bounds of the main forest area. They only take you around the park and not inside.
- Chances of tiger sighting are more during dawn, so opt for the morning safari if possible.
- Be there early for safari, at least an hour before the official times, so that you can avoid any rush during rides.
- Because of thick forests, it gets dark even before sunset. Warm clothes is a must as it gets cold from the evening onwards.
- An umbrella or raincoat is not a bad idea, because the rainfall is quite erratic in these parts and sometimes occurs just out of the blue.
- No private vehicles or taxi vehicles are allowed inside the Mudumalai Tiger Reserve.
- To See Wild Animals Is A Matter Of Chance Or Luck. We Have No Control In Their Movement. Our Deepest Regrets If You Do Not Come Across One. Wishing You Good Luck And A Very Happy Safari.
Things To Carry for Masinagudi Jeep Safari
- Water bottle
- Mosquito & insect repellent
- Walking shoes