Camping near LonavalaPawna Lake Camping, Camp Della Resort, Lohagad Camping, Aundoli Camps, Shirota Lake Camping, Camping At Koarigad, Camping at Karnala, Camping in Vasinidi, and many more.
Have you ever tried Lonavala camping with your friends or family? If not, then it is high time to get more details about this tourist magnet and the activities that are being practiced here. Lonavala is one of the most iconic hill stations in Maharashtra. This hilly town forms an ideal getaway for the natives of Pune and Mumbai. Family trip, solo–traveling, or honeymoon outing, this hill station in Maharashtra is apt for all occasions.
Though it is largely known for its surreal landscapes, it is also a starting point for several popular tourist spots such as Bhaja and Karla Caves. Situated at an elevation of 613 meters above sea level, Lonavala is the epitome of serenity and charm. If you are too bored of your hectic work life, head camping amidst the mesmerizing Western Ghats and bid goodbye to all the worries that have been haunting you for a long time. Whether you want to admire the vast expanses of lush green hills or you want to satiate your appetite for adventure, Lonavala has something for everyone. With its alluring landscapes, water parks, wax museums, and quaint residential areas, this place has won the hearts of millions of travel junkies.
From caving to trekking in Lonavala, camping to waterfall rappelling, there are numerous adventure activities here that promise enthralling moments to the visitors. If you are a peace seeker looking for an opportunity to lie under the starlit sky and witness the beauty of gigantic hills, a camping experience in Lonavala is unmissable for you.
Popularly known as “Jewel Of Sahyadri”, this adventure hub sees a huge influx of travelers throughout the year. A large number of these travelers visit here to live their dream of camping around bonfires and spending their night gazing at the stars. From Pawna Lake to Shirota lake, Bushi dam to Ryewood Lake, and Tikona Fort Base to Rajmachi Fort base, there are a plethora of spots in Lonavala where you can set camps with your friends or dear ones.
All of these places in Lonavala are surrounded by lush greenery, gigantic hills, magnificent waterfalls, and pristine lakes. Camping near Lonavala at one of these spots is enough to rejuvenate your inner soul. For making the most out of your Lonavala camping trip, it is advisable to visit here in the months between October and May.
Winters in Lonavala are pleasant with average temperatures throughout the day. In summer months, Lonavala displays a moderate climate during the day while the nights are normally cold. This region experiences heavy downpours in the rainy season which makes it the most unsuitable time for camping trips. So, if you are on a holiday break after a long time and you wish to devote every second of this vacation to nature, here is all that you must know about camping in Lonavala.
People Also Ask About Camping in Lonavala
Which are the best places for camping in Lonavala?
Lonavala being an amazing hill station in Maharashtra offers a vivid range of campsites. Check the amazing camping places given below for stargazing experience.
1. Pawna Lake Camping: Set up your camps alongside the mesmerizing Pawna lake, experience the beauty of quaint hills and indulge in the most thrilling events. Just 19 km away from Kamshet Lake, this place has emerged out as the most sought after campsite. People, in large numbers, gather here to enjoy bonfire with music, star gazing, and barbeque dinner. If you are lucky, you might also end up getting new friends on this camping trip.
2. Lohagad Camping: Lohgad Fort is one of those renowned places in Maharashtra that has beautifully preserved its charm and historical prominence. This camp is nestled on the base of the trek and is one of the most intriguing spots to kickstart your adventure voyage.The journey kickstarts with a scrumptious barbecue dinner which is followed by campfire session. The next day in this surreal valley begins with the most alluring sunrise view post which you can head on a short trek to the Lohgad Fort.
3. Camping at Karnala: Situated just 60 Km away from Mumbai city, this campsite has a lot in reserve for peace seekers and travel buffs. Plan an enthralling trip with your friends or ask your date out for a camping trip at Karnala, the experience that you will take back home will be truly memorable. In addition to its impeccable setting, Karnala camping also encompasses a fun-filled acoustic music night and stargazing experience and it is one of the famous place for camping near Lonavala.
4. Camping in Vasind: Are you tired of the boisterous city crowd and your hectic work life? If yes then a camping trip to Vasind is all that you might need to get rid of negativity. Blessed with amazing vistas and tranquil atmosphere, Vasind is an ideal destination to reconnect with your inner self. If you want to add a pinch of adventure to this trip, wake up early in the morning and try a few adventure sports in the refreshing waters of Bhatsai river.
4. Camping in Canyon Valley, Khandala: Popular is known as Tiger Valley, Canyon Valley trip disconnects you from the bustling city and puts you into the lap of nature. Surrounded by several magnificent waterfalls, this place is an idyllic destination to unwind and de-stress yourself. Whether you want to get lost in its surreal beauty or you wish to set your adrenaline pumping, you can experience it all in this one trip.
5. Family leisure camp at Aundoli: Sprawled over an area of 3.5 acres, this lush green campsite is a precious gift of nature to mankind. The place features exotic wildlife, majestic mountains, and green landscapes that will leave you spellbound with their impeccable charm. If you want to set a leisure camp with your family at a quaint location, Aundoli is your go-to place. On your visit to this campsite, you can also engage in a trunkful of activities such as horse riding, nature trails, and farm activities.
6. Camping at Koarigad: Situated 20 Km away from Lonavala, Koarigad Fort is one of the best place for camping near Lonavala that has caught the attention of many trekkers and adventure enthusiasts. Camping at Koarigad is a pleasant experience which begins with reaching its base village. The base village of Koarigad is a serene place from where the fort is just an hour climb away. On reaching the top of this fort, you will be stunned by gigantic mountains and charismatic sights of Aamby Valley. While staying at this campsite, you can also relish a plethora of adventure activities such as night rifle shooting and campfire.
7. Camping experience near Shirota Lake: Though Lonavala is blessed with a plentiful of offbeat destinations, Shirota Lake stands out among all for its ardent beauty. Located around 11 km away from Lonavala, this lake is a secluded spot with huge forest cover. Being an absolute traveler’s delight, this campsite is a perfect blend of adventure and serenity. For reaching this campsite, you need to pass through the dense forest area which introduces you to the rich flora and fauna of Lonavala.
What kind of clothes and equipment should I carry for camping in Lonavala?
Clothes and pieces of equipment required at Lonavala:
- Warm or summer clothes depending on the weather.
- Shoes are a must.
- Trekking equipment.
- First aid kit.
Can we do camping in the monsoon?
Monsoon is a good time to go camping in Lonavala. The slopes are emerald green with many seasonal waterfalls. Most camps have weather-proof tents and airbeds guaranteeing comfortable sleep while shielding you from unsavory bits of nature.
Many adventurous activities like water fall rappelling and flying fox are also accessible to thrill seekers.
Is it safe for a solo female to go camping in Lonavala?
If you are heading to Lonavala with a trekking group, they take all the responsibilities of your safety. You can also visit this place with your friends or family and have a wonderful camping experience. However, if you are a female solo traveler, it is advisable to explore the area in the daytime.
Is it worth visiting Lonavala for Camping?
Yes, the camp sites and breathtaking views from Lonavala are perfect for camping trips. Camping in Lonavala is a unique experience combining adventure and convenience of being closer to Mumbai and Pune.
The lake brims with water throughout the year and quite a secluded place with forest cover.
Where is Lonavala located? How can I reach there?
Situated between the cities, Pune and Mumbai, Lonavala is a small hill station situated in the state of Maharashtra. The town is acknowledged for it's mesmerizing hills, fascinating landscapes and a variety of activities to indulge in like caving, rock climbing, trekking as well as camping in Lonavala. To reach Lonavala:
By Bus: One of the cheapest and best ways to reach Lonavala is through public transport service. Bus services in Pune and Mumbai are available for Lonavala on a daily basis. The journey can take up to 4 hours to reach Lonavala.
By Train: There are a few trains that run between Pune and Mumbai. These trains also take a halt at the Lonavala railway station. Kalyan - Pune route trains and Karjat - Pune passenger trains are some examples. The trains are one of the quickest and best ways to reach here especially if you are in a big group and plan for camping in Lonavala.
By Air: The nearest airport to Lonavala is the Pune airport. Simply take a flight for Pune or Mumbai airport and from there local cab and bus service is available directly for Lonavala.
What all things I must carry for camping in Lonavala?1. Backpack with broad straps
3. Track pants
4. Full sleeve cotton t-shirt (to avoid getting sun burnt)
5. Torch (with extra batteries)
7. Personal Medication
8. Necessary toiletries
9. Shoes with a good grip
What is the approx cost of camping in Lonavala?
The cost of camps vary as per the facilities and amenities provided including the duration of the treks. The camps are usually for one night and range from Rs 1500 up to Rs 10000. However, the average cost of a simple camp is Rs 2500 per person which includes meals and one or two additional activities.
Is it safe for kids to do camping in Lonavala?
Lonavala camping is absolutely safe for kids. It not only provides them with a golden chance to create some wonderful childhood memories but also introduces them to the world of adventure. There are some exhilarating activities such as horse riding and fishing which can be tried by small kids as well.
What sort of camps will be there in Lonavala?
Basic camps provided will have bare necessities of accommodation, toilets and campfires to be able to stay for one/ two nights. There will not be any electricity in these camps.
When is the best time to do camping in Lonavala?
During Winters: The winter season, between December to February is the best time for camping in Lonavala. Although there are a lot of camps in Lonavala, the best time to enjoy them is when the weather is dry with a hint of cold.
During Monsoon: The monsoon which is between June and September is considered an excellent option for camping in Lonavala. However, during heavy rainfall a lot of camps in Lonavala close down. But, if you enjoy the rains and don't mind getting a little damp, monsoon is also a variable option for camping.
During summer: The time between March and June, the temperature in Lonavala can rise as high as 35°C. Although the afternoons are hot, evenings and nights provide a comfortable atmosphere for an overnight camp in Lonavala.