Camping in LonavalaExplore best offers on camps near Lonavala at Thrillophilia. This week’s most exciting deals for you are - Pawna Lake Camping | Book @ Rs 875 Only! and Forest Camping Experience Near Lonavala Flat 50% Off. Book Now the best camp packages in Lonavala offering the best of inclusions designed to pamper you on your Lonavala camping vacation. Thrillophilia offers the widest range of customizable Lonavala camping tours to suit every kind of traveler with unbeatable deals and discounts.
Have you ever tried Lonavala camping with your friends or family? If not, then it is high time to get more details about this tourist magnet and the activities that are being practiced here. Lonavala is one of the most iconic hill stations in Maharashtra. This hilly town forms an ideal getaway for the natives of Pune and Mumbai. Family trip, solo –traveling, or honeymoon outing, this hill station in Maharashtra is apt for all the occasions.
Though it is largely known for its surreal landscapes, it is also a starting point for several popular tourist spots such as Bhaja and Karla Caves. Situated at an elevation of 613 meters above the sea level, Lonavala is an epitome of serenity and charm. If you are too bored of your hectic work life, head for camping amidst the mesmerizing Western Ghats and bid goodbye to all the worries that have been haunting you for a long time.
Whether you want to admire the vast expanses of lush green hills or you want to satiate your appetite for adventure, Lonavala has something for everyone. With its alluring landscapes, water parks, wax museums, and quaint residential areas, this place has won the hearts of millions of travel junkies.
From caving to trekking in Lonavala, camping to waterfall rappelling, there are numerous adventure activities here that promise enthralling moments to the visitors. If you are a peace seeker looking for an opportunity to lie under the starlit sky and witness the beauty of gigantic hills, a camping experience in Lonavala is unmissable for you.
Popularly known as “Jewel Of Sahyadri”, this adventure hub sees a huge influx of travelers throughout the year. A large number of these travelers visit here to live their dream of camping around bonfires and spending their night gazing at the stars. From Pawna Lake to Shirota lake, Bushi dam to Ryewood Lake, and Tikona Fort Base to Rajmachi Fort base, there are a plethora of spots in Lonavala where you can set camps with your friends or dear ones.
All of these places in Lonavala are surrounded by lush greenery, gigantic hills, magnificent waterfalls, and pristine lakes. A night camping experience at one of these spots is enough to rejuvenate your inner soul. For making the most out of your Lonavala camping trip, it is advisable to visit here in the months between October and May.
Winters in Lonavala are pleasant with average temperatures throughout the day. In summer months, Lonavala displays a moderate climate during the day while the nights are normally cold. This region experiences heavy downpours in the rainy season which makes it the most unsuitable time for camping trips. So, if you are on a holiday break after a long time and you wish to devote every second of this vacation to nature, here is all that you must know about camping in Lonavala.
People Also Ask About Camping in Lonavala
What are the best camping options available in Lonavala?
Lonavala being an amazing hill station in Maharashtra offers a vivid range of campsites. Check the amazing camping places given below for stargazing experience.
1. Pawna Lake Camping: Set up your camps alongside the mesmerizing Pawna lake, experience the beauty of quaint hills and indulge in the most thrilling events. Just 19 km away from Kamshet Lake, this place has emerged out as the most sought after campsite. People, in large numbers, gather here to enjoy bonfire with music, star gazing, and barbeque dinner. If you are lucky, you might also end up getting new friends on this camping trip.
2. Lohagad Camping: Lohgad Fort is one of those renowned places in Maharashtra that has beautifully preserved its charm and historical prominence. This camp is nestled on the base of the trek and is one of the most intriguing spots to kickstart your adventure voyage.The journey kickstarts with a scrumptious barbecue dinner which is followed by campfire session. The next day in this surreal valley begins with the most alluring sunrise view post which you can head on a short trek to the Lohgad Fort.
3. Camping at Karnala: Situated just 60 Km away from Mumbai city, this campsite has a lot in reserve for peace seekers and travel buffs. Plan an enthralling trip with your friends or ask your date out for a camping trip at Karnala, the experience that you will take back home will be truly memorable. In addition to its impeccable setting, Karnala camping also encompasses a fun-filled acoustic music night and stargazing experience.
4. Camping in Vasind: Are you tired of the boisterous city crowd and your hectic work life? If yes then a camping trip to Vasind is all that you might need to get rid of negativity. Blessed with amazing vistas and tranquil atmosphere, Vasind is an ideal destination to reconnect with your inner self. If you want to add a pinch of adventure to this trip, wake up early in the morning and try a few adventure sports in the refreshing waters of Bhatsai river.
4. Camping in Canyon Valley, Khandala: Popular is known as Tiger Valley, Canyon Valley trip disconnects you from the bustling city and puts you into the lap of nature. Surrounded by several magnificent waterfalls, this place is an idyllic destination to unwind and de-stress yourself. Whether you want to get lost in its surreal beauty or you wish to set your adrenaline pumping, you can experience it all in this one trip.
5. Family leisure camp at Aundoli: Sprawled over an area of 3.5 acres, this lush green campsite is a precious gift of nature to mankind. The place features exotic wildlife, majestic mountains, and green landscapes that will leave you spellbound with their impeccable charm. If you want to set a leisure camp with your family at a quaint location, Aundoli is your go-to place. On your visit to this campsite, you can also engage in a trunkful of activities such as horse riding, nature trails, and farm activities.
6. Camping at Koarigad: Situated 20 Km away from Lonavala, Koarigad Fort is an alluring campsite that has caught the attention of many trekkers and adventure enthusiasts. Camping at Koarigad is a pleasant experience which begins with reaching its base village. The base village of Koarigad is a serene place from where the fort is just an hour climb away. On reaching the top of this fort, you will be stunned by gigantic mountains and charismatic sights of Aamby Valley. While staying at this campsite, you can also relish a plethora of adventure activities such as night rifle shooting and campfire.
7. Camping experience near Shirota Lake: Though Lonavala is blessed with a plentiful of offbeat destinations, Shirota Lake stands out among all for its ardent beauty. Located around 11 km away from Lonavala, this lake is a secluded spot with huge forest cover. Being an absolute traveler’s delight, this campsite is a perfect blend of adventure and serenity. For reaching this campsite, you need to pass through the dense forest area which introduces you to the rich flora and fauna of Lonavala.
What are the activities I can do in Lonavala that can be availed upto 50% Off?
Apart from camping in Lonavala, there are several other activities that one can enjoy here. Some of the best things to do in Lonavala are listed below: There is an endless number of things to do in Lonavala on weekends that can be availed up to 50% Off. Click here to explore more.
1. Rajmachi Fort Trek With Kondane Caves - Book at 35% Off
2. Duke's Nose Trek - Book at 20% Off
3. Adventurous Trekking at Lohagad Fort - Book at 30% Off
4. Forest Camping Experience Near Lonavala - Book at 50% Off
5. Pawna Lake Camping - Book at 36% Off
What kind of clothes and equipment should I carry for camping in Lonavala?
Clothes and pieces of equipment required at Lonavala:
- Warm or summer clothes depending on the weather.
- Shoes are a must.
- Trekking equipment.
- First aid kit.
Will food and safe drinking water be provided during camping in Lonavala?
The event groups which organize such camping events are quite responsible. They not only provide you with the best quality food including veg and nonveg items but also arrange a separate barbecue during the night time. Safe drinking water is also provided to visitors.
Can we do camping in the monsoon?
Monsoon is a good time to go camping in Lonavala. The slopes are emerald green with many seasonal waterfalls. Most camps have weather-proof tents and airbeds guaranteeing comfortable sleep while shielding you from unsavory bits of nature.
Many adventurous activities like water fall rappelling and flying fox are also accessible to thrill seekers.
Is it safe for a solo female to go camping in Lonavala?
If you are heading to Lonavala with a trekking group, they take all the responsibilities of your safety. You can also visit this place with your friends or family and have a wonderful camping experience. However, if you are a female solo traveler, it is advisable to explore the area in the daytime.
Is it worth visiting Lonavala for Camping?
Yes, the camp sites and breathtaking views from Lonavala are perfect for camping trips. Camping in Lonavala is a unique experience combining adventure and convenience of being closer to Mumbai and Pune.
The lake brims with water throughout the year and quite a secluded place with forest cover.
How is the general climate in Lonavala?
Lonavala city is positioned amongst the mountains and forests hence the weather of this place remains good throughout the year.
The best season to visit Lonavala is during summers as the weather in the city remains pleasant this time of year.
Where is Lonavala located? How can I reach there?
Situated between the cities, Pune and Mumbai, Lonavala is a small hill station situated in the state of Maharashtra. The town is acknowledged for it's mesmerizing hills, fascinating landscapes and a variety of activities to indulge in like caving, rock climbing, trekking as well as camping in Lonavala. To reach Lonavala:
By Bus: One of the cheapest and best ways to reach Lonavala is through public transport service. Bus services in Pune and Mumbai are available for Lonavala on a daily basis. The journey can take up to 4 hours to reach Lonavala.
By Train: There are a few trains that run between Pune and Mumbai. These trains also take a halt at the Lonavala railway station. Kalyan - Pune route trains and Karjat - Pune passenger trains are some examples. The trains are one of the quickest and best ways to reach here especially if you are in a big group and plan for camping in Lonavala.
By Air: The nearest airport to Lonavala is the Pune airport. Simply take a flight for Pune or Mumbai airport and from there local cab and bus service is available directly for Lonavala.
What all things I must carry for camping in Lonavala?1. Backpack with broad straps
3. Track pants
4. Full sleeve cotton t-shirt (to avoid getting sun burnt)
5. Torch (with extra batteries)
7. Personal Medication
8. Necessary toiletries
9. Shoes with a good grip
What is the approx cost of camping in Lonavala?
The cost of camps vary as per the facilities and amenities provided including the duration of the treks. The camps are usually for one night and range from Rs 1500 up to Rs 10000. However, the average cost of a simple camp is Rs 2500 per person which includes meals and one or two additional activities.
Where can i book camping packages online?
You can book great camping packages from thrillophilia.com. We provide various deals and packages as per every traveler’s needs.
Is it safe for kids to do camping in Lonavala?
Lonavala camping is absolutely safe for kids. It not only provides them with a golden chance to create some wonderful childhood memories but also introduces them to the world of adventure. There are some exhilarating activities such as horse riding and fishing which can be tried by small kids as well.
What sort of camps will be there in Lonavala?
Basic camps provided will have bare necessities of accommodation, toilets and campfires to be able to stay for one/ two nights. There will not be any electricity in these camps.
What kind of sleeping bags will be there Lonavala camping?
Primarily, campsites provide mattresses in lieu of sleeping bags as they are more hygienic. Majority campsites provide tents with lighting and mattresses for a comfortable night stay.
Is it safe to do camping in Lonavala?
Yes, It is completely safe to do camping in Lonavala. However, you must carry your government identity card if you have any plans to book a private campsite. You can also find several event groups which ensure a safe stay experience for you.
How to deal with any insects, animals or bad weather we might face?
The best way to deal with insects, animals and bad weather is to be prepared and well equipped and clothed. It is important to wear the correct clothing to prevent insect bites and weather related problems.
Carry a mosquito repellent, rain coat and wind sheeter as a precautionary measure. It is equally important to read and understand procedures during animal encounters from internet/ books / briefings prior to camping trips.
What if it rains while we are camping?
The camps provide waterproof tents and it is important to carry plastic bags for electronic devices protection. Ensure that adequate protection from lightning is undertaken and avoid high places and rocky areas during the rains.
What sort of food will be there during camping? Will there be barbeque as well?
The food will be cooked meals containing veg and non veg items which will be cooked on the campsite fresh by the cook. A barbeque will be arranged in the night in the camp for dinner which can be made by the guests themselves with help from the staff.
What sort of clothes are preferable to be worn?
The material worn against the skin in cold weather can double as pajamas or for daily wear. Synthetic material like polypropylene can wick moisture away from the skin, keeping you cool in summer and warm in winter.
Having a designated pair of camp pants is worthwhile, especially if you are cooking, cutting wood or tending the fire. Choose a thick, durable pair of shorts or pants, and put them on as soon as you settle into the camp. Well-ventilated shirts and shorts allow air to flow through them, providing a cooling effect.
What all activities will we do during camping?
The activities include swimming in a lake, fishing, barbeque, bonfire, trekking and star gazing .Some camps have additional facilities like grappling and adventure sports.
Can we smoke/drink while camping?
Yes, drinking is allowed in some camps, but majority do not allow drinking. During monsoons, some trails become slippery so it is advised to refrain from drinking alcohol. Smoking is permitted only at specific zones. Special attention needs to be paid to disposal of cigarette butts to avoid littering and fire risks.
What sort of toilet facility will be in Camping in Lonavala?
Majority camps provide still toilet facilities in designated camps.
When is the best time to do camping in Lonavala?
During Winters: The winter season, between December to February is the best time for camping in Lonavala. Although there are a lot of camps in Lonavala, the best time to enjoy them is when the weather is dry with a hint of cold.
During Monsoon: The monsoon which is between June and September is considered an excellent option for camping in Lonavala. However, during heavy rainfall a lot of camps in Lonavala close down. But, if you enjoy the rains and don't mind getting a little damp, monsoon is also a variable option for camping.
During summer: The time between March and June, the temperature in Lonavala can rise as high as 35°C. Although the afternoons are hot, evenings and nights provide a comfortable atmosphere for an overnight camp in Lonavala.
Which are the amazing places to visit in Lonavala with friends on weekends?
Check out extremely famous tourist attractions enveloped in scenic wonders and serene surroundings in Lonavala.
1. Duke’s Nose - 6.2 km from Lonavala
2. Pawna Dam - 33.7 km from Lonavala
3. Lohagad Fort - 15.2 km from Lonavala
4. Tikona Fort - 38.1 km from Lonavala
5. Maval - 4.6 km from Lonavala
6. Korigad - 24.6 km from Lonavala
7. Tunga Fort - 23.6 km from Lonavala
8. Kamshet - 17.5 km from Lonavala