Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
About the Royal Desert Camp Jaisalmer:
The first one to set up camping accommodation next to the majestic Sam Sand Dunes, Royal Desert Camp Jaisalmer is one of the most sought after camping facilities near Jaisalmer, Rajasthan. Offering luxurious Mewar style tents within the dazzling sands of Thar Desert, the campsite offers a truly traditional experience of desert camping in India.
Located next to the world-famous Sam Sand Dunes, Royal Desert is recognized for its magnificent décor which is visible in their architecture and interiors.
One of the most popular sights in Rajasthan and in India, Sam Sand Dunes are visited by hundreds and thousands of tourists from all over the world every year. The area is quite popular for all kinds of travellers. While the thrill seekers enjoy activities such as quad biking, desert biking, and dune bashing in the area, couples prefer going for camel safaris during sunsets and enjoying fine dining under the sky amidst the tranquillity of the Sam Dunes.
About the Activity:
The only campsite with traditional Mewar style desert camps, Royal Desert Camp Jaisalmer offers beautifully-appointed camp accommodation equipped with latest amenities and furnishings. Every luxurious tent is equipped with an attached bathroom and a sitting area.
The award-winning Trio Restaurant sits in the middle of the camping ground. Managed by local Rajasthani chefs who have been in the business since 1500 AD, the restaurant serves breakfast, dinner, and a huge variety of authentic Rajasthani delicacies to choose from.
Additionally, the Royal Desert Camp Jaisalmer also offers Camel Safaris and desert safaris through the glistening sands of Sam Sand Dunes.
Guests staying at the campsite also enjoy the evening cultural programs from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM. The camp managers organize weekly cultural nights with Rajasthani buffet, musical performances by local artists, Rajasthani Mujra performances, and fire dance acts by the famous Jaisalmer Cultural Club.
Guests driving to the campsite on their own can avail the complimentary parking facilities. Royal Desert also offers pick and drop facilities from and to the nearest airport, railway station, as well as intercity bus stop.
Highlights of Royal Desert Camp Jaisalmer:
1.Luxurious tent with attached Washroom
2.Breakfast & Dinner Included
3.Camel Safari Included
4.Enjoy Musical Performances by Local Artist
Write Your Story
Rated : 5.0
The royal desert camp was really an amazing experience, we had a lot of fun camping in the desert, the camel safari was so fun and even the service was fantastic.
At Royal Desert Camp Jaisalmer, the check-in time is 02:00 pm and the check-out time is 12:00 pm. Early check-ins and delayed check-outs are subject to availability and will be chargeable.
Activities offered at Royal Desert Camp are royal experiences blended with desert lifestyle such as:
1. Camping - Enjoy staying in a swiss tent near the golden paradise, enjoy beautiful sunsets at the dunes and savor local Rajasthani dishes and experience the desert life.
2. Camel Safari - Ride a camel in the desert and trace the past of the Royal Legacy. Enjoy a bumpy ride of the sand dunes.
3. Jeep Safari - Enjoy a 4x4 jeep safari through the desert and explore local villages. Feel the iron machine roaring through the sandy terrain. A Rajputana feel is bound to hit your nerves while riding the jeep.
4. Cultural programs - Enjoy a blissful evening at the open amphitheater and witness a graceful dance performance by local artists. Enjoy kalbeliya, ghoomar and padharo mhare desh song by folk singers called langas. Beat the cold wind with a bonfire and relish a lavish dinner afterward.
Popular attractions near Royal Desert Camp Jaisalmer are:-
1. Sam Sand Dunes - An array of 30-60 m tall sand dunes in the Thar Desert where you can enjoy camel safari, camping, desert safari, Jeep safari, dune bashing and witness a beautiful sunrise.
2. Jaisalmer Fort - This fort is enlisted as a UNESCO world heritage site and is the only living fort in India. It was built by Raja Rawal Jaisal, the king of Jaisalmer. It is popularly known as Sonar Quila.
3. Salim Singh Ki Haveli - This heritage haveli was built by Salim Singh, it is famous for its intricate stone carvings, 38 wide balconies, and peacock shaped roof. This haveli is one of the most beautiful heritage palaces of Jaisalmer.
4. Patwon Ki Haveli - A significant heritage haveli in Jaisalmer, it once belonged to a popular merchant who built 5 identical Havelis for his predecessor. This one is a lifestyle museum that showcases artifacts and traditional aspects of ancient merchants of the city.
5. Kuldhara Village - this abandoned village is situated in the Thar Desert, it was home to the Paliwal Brahmins community. The legend says that the village is cursed and is barren since the night the entire community fled off.
Yes, Royal Desert Camp Jaisalmer has a restaurant which serves Continental, Oriental, Indian, and Rajasthani delicacies along with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Property amenities at Royal Desert Camp includes
- Free Parking
- Doctor on call
- Room service
- Outdoor dining
- Airport transfers
- Car rental
- Outdoor activities
- Entertainment activities
- Power backup
The camp is at a distance of 55.5 km from Jaisalmer Airport which is the nearest airport from the campsite. You can reach the campsite by a private cab or you can pre-book the shuttle service provided by the camp.
Yes, meals are included in the Royal Desert Camp package which includes breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner. You can try various dishes from Indian, Oriental and Rajasthani cuisine.
Royal Desert Camp Jaisalmer is situated on the border of Sam sand dunes. The distance from Jaisalmer city to the camp is 55 km. You can take a cab from the airport, Railway station or city center to the campsite. Royal Desert Camp also offers paid shuttle service to and from Jaisalmer. To reach Jaisalmer, you can take a flight, train, bus or cab from Jodhpur, Jaipur or Delhi.
Yes, free parking is available at Royal Desert Camp Jaisalmer. Guests reaching by their personal vehicle can park freely at the secured parking area without any worries. Apart from it the camps also provide shuttle services and rental cars for pickup & drop and exploring around.
The campsite is near Sam Sand dunes, it is at a walking distance of 2 minutes from the campsite. Here you can enjoy gorgeous sun dropping down the horizon, sunrises and indulge in various activities.
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.