Annapurna Base Camp Trek Highlights
- Enhance your experience with scenic lodges that offer the mystical sights of the Annapurna Glacier
- Behold the culture, traditions, and typical living practices of Gurung people in Ghandruk village, along the waves of Modi Khola and walking through the forests with diverse flora and fauna.
- Experience the winds through Rhododendron forests, passes and over glacier rivers and waterfalls, and allows spectacular views of sheer cliffs with rivers running below.
- Walk through the Annapurna conservation area which is home to 1226 species of plants, 102 mammals, 474 birds, 22 amphibians.
- Embrace the mesmerizing views of the breathtaking peaks Machhapuchhre, Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Hiunchuli, and more on this exhilarating Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Overview
About The Annapurna Base Camp Trek:
The Annapurna Base Camp is perched on a cloud-piercing height of 13,550 ft in the northern region of Nepal. Starting from Banthanti to Annapurna Base Camp offers a stunning opportunity to relish the breathtaking heights of giant Himalayan ranges.
The mountain ranges included in this tour bring you through Oak, Pine, Rhododendron, and lush green rice fields engraved with a diamond-like carpet of snow amidst majestic slopes of misty valleys. Since the Annapurna Base Camp Trek happens around a vast area of Annapurna Conservation Area. You'll be walking across the Modi river and discover some of the massive peaks of 7000-8000m.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Nepal Quick Facts:
• Duration: 9D/8N
• Maximum Altitude: 13,550 ft
• Annapurna Base Camp Trek Difficulty Level: Moderate-Difficult
• Approx. trekking distance: 67 Kms
• Temperature: Day: 15°C to 20 °C and Night: 0°C to 5°C
• Best Time To Trek Annapurna Base Camp: Feb to May, Oct to Dec.
• ATM: Pokhara
• Start Point/End Point: Pokhara.
How to Reach Pokhara:
You can take a direct flight from New Delhi or other major cities of India to Kathmandu. Then you can fly to Pokhara directly from Kathmandu.
Bus accessibility to Pokhara is available from Kathmandu and from Sunauli, which is next to the Indian border. Local buses that tend to be crowded are available at the New Bus Stand in Kathmandu. More luxurious tourist buses like the Greenline are available at Tourist Bus Station.
Pokhara is not connected to any Railways.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Package Inclusions:
• 2 Nights twin sharing accommodation in Pokhara with breakfast.
• All accommodation during the trek (lodge/tea house).
• Three Meals a day (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) during the trek.
• Tea/Coffee (served in a cup).
• Annapurna trekking permits and Tims (Trekkers Security Card) permits are included in the Annapurna base camp trek package.
• A comprehensive medical kit
• Gov. licensed and well-trained English-speaking guide and his entire expenses.
• All required local tax and Gov tax.
• Trekking route Map.
Available Group Departures:
October : 2,9,16,23,30
More Details about Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Know Before You Go for Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Backpack offloading charges – If you wish to offload your backpack, there will be an additional charge of Rs. 4,725 inclusive of tax. The backpack cannot weigh more than 9 kgs.
- Transport to and from Pokhara – You will need to reach Pokhara on your own on Day 1 and arrange for your journey back from Pokhara on Day 9.
- Food during transit – The trek fee does not include meals purchased during the journey from Pokhara to Ghandruk and the return drive from Syauli Bazaar to Pokhara.
- Use of plug points in tea houses – Most tea houses allow the use electricity charging points at an extra cost – 100-300 NPR, with the cost being towards the higher side as you go farther into the trek.
- Use of wifi and telephone in tea houses – You can buy wifi at all tea houses. Cost ranges from 200-300 NPR. The quality is not great. Major tea houses also have the facility to make calls.
- Use of RO treated water – all tea houses provide free filtered drinking water. If you wish to use RO treated water, there is an additional charge of 50 NPR per bottle.
- Buffer day: In case this is used, you have to pay us Rs. 3,250 per day (INR) + 5% GST for the buffer day. We will collect this only if we use the buffer day. The money will be collected by your trek leader.
- Tip: Porters in Nepal expect to be tipped. The tip amount for people who offload their bags will be INR 1,000 per person. If you do not offload your bags, the tip amount will be INR 700 per person.
- Suitcases/strolleys/duffel bags will not be allowed. Please note that last minute offloading will not be possible on this trek.
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Pay heed to the tour leaders or instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound experience.
- Avoid treking during the nights.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the tour.
- Budget at least Rs. 250 per person per day on bottled water.
- The tour takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
- While visiting the temples, do obey proper dress-code and do not hurt the local sentiments of the places.
Things To Carry for Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Rain cover
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Walking stick
- Water bottle
- Backpack with waterproof linings
- Extra pair of socks
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Led torch (with extra batteries)
- Mosquito & insect repellent
- Walking shoes
- Waterproof windcheater
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf