Uttarakhand ResortsSurrounded by mighty the Himalayan ranges on all sides and dotted by green patches all over, the alluring resorts in Uttarakhand present the perfect amalgamation of comfort, warmth, nature, and romance. These high altitude resorts go beyond providing travellers just accommodation in the hills and offer enchanting views of the unsubstitutable natural splendours.
While some resorts let you wake up to the spectacular mountain views every morning, others let you sleep with the soothing tunes of the flowing rivers. Meanwhile, some of the luxury resorts in Uttarakhand let your heart dance to the sweet chirpings of the exotic Himalayan birds, the others let you spot rare wildlife in the hilly jungles. Whether you are in search of pampering, relaxation and rejuvenation or it is adventure and action that you are seeking, the resorts here will make sure all travellers enjoy an individualized staying experience.
Further, the 5-star resorts in Uttarakhand like Joshimath’s The Tattva Resort & Rishikesh’s Aloha On The Ganges offer guests luxury spa and gourmet food & drinks, the riverside resorts like Ramnagar’s Taj Corbett Resort & Spa & Namami Ganges Resort and Spa offer guests unmatched peace & serenity. While the jungle resorts like Lansdowne’s Jungle Resort Ananda Retreat offer enjoyable forest walks, trekking, & bonfire, the romantic resorts like Ranikhet’s Woodsvilla Resort let couples soak in enchanting views & enjoy intimate nature walks.
People Also Ask About Resorts in Uttarakhand
Which are the best resorts in Uttarakhand?
1. The Tattva Resort, Joshimath: Known as one of the most serene resorts in Uttarakhand, The Tattva Resort offers the perfect blend of tranquillity, thrill, and spirituality.
From offering a complimentary welcome drink on arrival to serving free breakfast every morning, the resort makes sure the culinary needs of its guests are met perfectly. The resort also pays special attention to the recreation of its guests and hence offers ample activities, including badminton, yoga, and karaoke.
Location: Shri Badrinath Road, near Tapovan Taxi Stand, Upper Bazar, Joshimath, Uttarakhand 246443.
Amenities: Multi-cuisine restaurant, nightclub, yoga room, game room, outdoor dining area, business centre.
Price: INR 3,975 per night onwards.
2. JW Marriott Mussoorie Walnut Grove Resort & Spa, Mussoorie: Counted among the luxury resorts in Uttarakhand, JW Marriott Mussoorie Walnut Grove Resort & Spa offers world-class facilities for both leisure and business travellers.
Leisure seekers staying here can enjoy an array of activities including hiking, bowling, picnics, mini-golf, billiards, archery, darts, table tennis, & walking tours. And, business travellers can take full advantage of the meeting rooms & conference facilities available here. The availability of spa & massage further adds to the VIP facilities offered by this resort.
Location: Village - Siya, Kempty Fall Rd, Charleville, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179.
Amenities: Swimming pool, fitness centre, rooftop bar, multi-cuisine restaurant, children’s playground, conference facilities.
Price: INR 19,236 per night onwards.
3. Sterling Mussoorie, Mussoorie: Making for one of the most beautiful resorts in Uttarakhand, Sterling Mussoorie lets you sleep with the view of the glimmering lights of the Doon Valley & wake up to the fresh aroma of the deodar trees.
For the indoor entertainment of guests, the resort offers a number of games like billiards, darts, and puzzles, while outdoor recreation is mostly about hiking tours & cycling. There is also a small outdoor park, where kids can have a great time on slides and swings.
Location: Radha Bhawan Estate, Circular Road, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179.
Amenities: Banquet room, meeting rooms, children activities, spa, multi-cuisine restaurant, indoor kids’ play area.
Price: INR 3,728 per night onwards.
4. Aloha On The Ganges, Rishikesh: Lying on the calm banks of river Ganga and spread across an area of around 20,000 sq. yards, Aloha On The Ganges is one of the best riverside resorts in Uttarakhand.
Offering a pristine pool with a breathtaking view, a spa retreat, and invigorating massage therapies, the resort never compromises when it comes to luxury. Lying at a very proximate distance to some of the top tourist attractions of the region, including Rajaji National Park and Laxman Jhula, the resort also allows guests to plan easy sightseeing tours.
Location: NH 58, Tapovan, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249192.
Amenities: Swimming pool, multi-cuisine restaurant, banquet room, spa, indoor kids’ play area, evening entertainment.
Price: INR 18,938 per night onwards.
5. Taj Corbett Resort & Spa, Ramnagar: Nestled on the calm banks of Kosi river and extending over 10 acres of land dotted with sal and deodar trees, Taj Corbett Resort & Spa features a total of 61 modern rooms and suites.
Counted among the most recommended riverside resorts in Uttarakhand for thrill-seekers, this resort allows guests to indulge in a number of adrenaline-pumping activities, such as archery, noodle hockey, wildlife spotting, night camping, and jungle walks.
Location: Zero Garjia, Dhikuli Ram Nagar, Ramnagar, Uttarakhand 244715.
Amenities: Workout room, Outdoor pool, Multi-cuisine restaurant, Conference facilities, Banquet room, Spa.
Price: INR 11,375 per night onwards.
6. The Goat Village, Nag Tibba: Counted among the few pet-friendly resorts in Uttarakhand, The Goat Village is equipped with 10 neat and spacious Garhwali cottages that let guests experience the regional way of living.
Each room of the property is facilitated with a private balcony, where guests can unwind in the evenings and soak in the natural scenic views while sipping a hot cup of coffee. The resort also has an in-house restaurant that serves authentic Garhwali delicacies to patrons.
Location: Nag Tibba, Pantwari, Uttarakhand 249186.
Amenities: In-house multi-cuisine restaurant, evening entertainment, free parking space, free breakfast, outdoor activities.
7. Jungle Resort Ananda Retreat, Lansdowne: Perched amidst vast expanses of breathtaking pine forests, Jungle Resort Ananda Retreat is one of the nature-friendly resorts in Uttarakhand, featuring cozy cottages classified as Semi Deluxe, Deluxe, Super Deluxe, and Family cottage.
The resort also has a fully functional open kitchen, Restra, where the guests can watch their favourite meals being cooked or even cook for themselves. The resort also offers an array of fun-filled activities, such as volleyball, tennis, swimming, badminton, water polo, trekking, cricket, and bonfire.
Location: Lansdowne, Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand 246155.
Amenities: Swimming pool, parking space, bonfire facilities, tennis court, on-call doctor, open kitchen.
8. Soulitude In The Himalayas, Gaggar: Perched on a silent hillside, Soulitude In The Himalayas is one of the many resorts in Uttarakhand that offer mesmerizing scenic views of snow-covered mountain peaks and verdant valleys.
Facing the magnificent Kumaon Himalayas, the resort features a total of 10 stunning rooms, each of which is equipped with a seating area, a private balcony, and an attached bathroom. To make your stay experience more invigorating, the resort arranges for BBQ and bonfire and more such orchestrations.
Location: Gagar, Bhowali-Ramgarh-Mukteshwar Road, Ramgarh, Uttarakhand 263132.
Amenities: Multi-cuisine restaurant, BBQ facilities, outdoor fireplace, free parking space, car hire, 24 hours front desk.
Price: INR 10,996 per night onwards.
9. Te Aroha, Dhanachuli: Lying amidst the awe-inspiring scenic views of Dhanachuli, Te Aroha is one of the most alluring boutique resorts in Uttarakhand. Having once served as a British summer house, the resort showcases a colonial-style architectural design and features 6 splendid rooms and 4 well-adorned suites. The entire resort is equipped with vintage furniture, which automatically transfers you to the ancient colonial era.
Location: Dhanachuli - Devstal Road, Dhanachuli Bend, Near Mukteshwar, Tehsil Dhari, District Nainital, Dhanachuli, Uttarakhand 263132.
Amenities: Multi-cuisine restaurant, children activities, free parking space, airport transportation, terraces, decks.
Price: INR 9,482 per night onwards.
10. AyurVaid Kalmatia, Almora: Considered to be one of the best Ayurvedic resorts in Uttarakhand, AyurVaid Kalmatia offers curative holidays with its power yoga and traditional Ayurvedic therapies.
The in-house restaurant of the resort serves healthy and tasteful vegetarian meals that not only enrich your body but also your palette. The resort is also facilitated with decent conference facilities that help cater to the requirements of business travellers.
Location: Kalimat Estate, Kasar Devi Upper Binsar Road, Almora, Uttarakhand 263601.
Amenities: Multi-cuisine restaurant, banquet room, meeting rooms, free parking space, 24 hours front desk, concierge services.
Price: INR 8,488 per night onwards.
11. The Birdcage, Mukteshwar: Famed as one of the most romantic resorts in Uttarakhand, The Birdcage lets couples soak in spectacular panoramic views of the majestic Himalayan ranges, breathtaking sunsets, and charming sunrises.
The resort allows its guests to head for offbeat hiking tours through densely forested hills and lose themselves to the enchanting birdsongs. It also offers a complete range of therapeutic massage therapies, including head massage, foot massage, and full body massage.
Location: Leti Bunga, Shasbani, near Bhatelia Market, Mukteshwar, Nainital, Uttarakhand 263132.
Amenities: Multi-cuisine restaurant, outdoor fireplace, sun deck, massage retreat, outdoor dining area, bicycle rental.
12. The Terraces, Kanatal: Nestled at an elevation of around 8,500 feet above sea level, The Terraces is known popularly for offering exemplary views of the mighty snow-covered Garhwal Himalayas. Surrounded by lush forests, unambiguous blues, and colourful chirping birds, the resort features a luxury suite and 20 tastefully adorned rooms.
The resort has an on-site restaurant and a well-stocked lounge bar to cater to the gastronomical needs of its guests. It also has a peaceful spa retreat, where guests can enjoy pampering therapies.
Location: Chamba - Mussoorie Road, Kanatal, District, Uttarakhand 249145.
Amenities: Workout room, meeting rooms, spa, lounge bar, multi-cuisine restaurant, children activities.
Price: INR 13,959 per night onwards.
13. TAG Resorts Queens Meadows, Ranikhet: Nestled atop a hill and spread across an area of around 10 acres, TAG Resorts Queens Meadows is one of the most famous luxury resorts in Uttarakhand.
Surrounded by acres of breathtaking deodar and pine forests, this ever-charming resort is equipped with a total of 8 lavish villas and 7 independent tents. The resort offers guests the opportunity to dine out in the forest and relish delectable Kumaoni and Indian cuisines. Guests can also enjoy village tours, forest walks, live barbecue, and bonfire evenings.
Location: Village- Badhan, Chiliyanaula, near Heda Khan Temple, Ranikhet, Uttarakhand 263645.
Amenities: Sauna, free parking space, children activities, in-house multi-cuisine restaurant, butler service, public wifi.
14. Aura Corbett Resort, Ramnagar: Offering a fully functional games room, a kids’ club, and a myriad of fun-filled children activities, Aura Corbett Resort is one of the most kid-friendly luxury resorts in Uttarakhand.
This family-owned resort features well-kept cottages and rooms that offer unparalleled panoramic views of the magnificent mountain peaks. Equipped with spacious meeting rooms and wifi enabled business centre, the resort is very suitable for corporate travellers.
Location: Sawaldey, Ramnagar, Uttarakhand 244715.
Amenities: Outdoor pool, meeting rooms, spa, multi-cuisine restaurant, game room, kids club.
Price: INR 2,582 per night onwards.
Which are the luxury 5-star resorts in Uttarakhand?
1. The Solluna Resort: Nestled amidst a verdant valley, The Solluna Resort features luxury 5-star amenities, including an infinity pool, a lounge bar, a restaurant, and a banquet hall. The resort also has world-class business facilities, including conference & meeting rooms.
2. Regenta Resort Tarika: Lying on the foothills of Kumaon, Regenta Resort has the Kosi River on one side and the Corbett National Park on the other. Packed with a pool, a gym, a banquet hall, and a restaurant, Regenta is one of the top 5 star resorts in Uttarakhand.
3. Corbett The Baagh Spa & Resort: Presenting the perfect amalgamation of luxury and adventure, Corbett The Baagh Spa & Resort is one of the most recommended 5-star resorts in Uttarakhand for adrenaline seekers. This resort is known to offer thrilling jungle activities and excellent BBQ facilities.
4. Jim’s Jungle Retreat: Jim’s Jungle Retreat lets you wake up to lush forests, dine with the trumpet of the elephants, and sleep with the lullabies of the gurgling water bodies. During your stay here, you can enjoy night walks, fishing, and wildlife spotting.
5. Club Mahindra Binsar Valley: Offering an indoor kids’ play area, a kids’ club, a game room, and a number of exciting children activities, Club Mahindra Binsar Valley is a favourite among families with young children. The resort is also known to offer curative massage therapies.
6. Xenious Solitaire Resort: Featuring modern amenities and well-adorned suites, Xenious Solitaire Resort lets its guests treat their eyes with the panoramic views of the whole Doon Valley. The resort is equipped with wifi enabled business centre, which attracts corporate travellers alongside holidaymakers.
7. Lemon Tree Premier: Packed with a stunning fresco dining space, Citrus Patio and an elegant coffee shop, Citrus Cafe, Lemon Tree Premier offers excellent culinary arrangements, which let guests pamper their taste buds while soaking in the views of the Ganges.
Which are the best riverside resorts in Uttarakhand?
1. Solitude by the Riverside: Lying on the banks of the serene Kalsa river, Solitude is one of the most lavish riverside 5-star resorts in Uttarakhand, which attracts guests with its rustic-style rooms and organic farm.
2. Namami Ganges Resort and Spa: Namami Ganges Resort and Spa is one of the nature-friendly Ganga-front resorts in Uttarakhand with swimming pool, known popularly for its organic gourmet cuisine and soul-reviving spa therapies.
3. Mahayana Resort Rishikesh: Encompassed by towering mountains on all sides, Mahayana Resort is nestled at the meeting point of the Hem and the Ganga river. The resort’s cozy rooms offer breathtaking scenic views that attract honeymooners & nature lovers.
4. The Riverside Retreat by Leisure Hotels: The Riverside Retreat flaunts splendid interiors with cool stone floors and blocks wood furniture. The lush garden and sit-out areas let guests unwind with a cup of tea and soak in the view of the wilderness.
5. Pratiksha River Retreat: Spread across a grassland dotted with rich flora & mango trees, Pratiksha River Retreat offers jeep safari, custom sightseeing tours, BBQ facilities, and DJ nights.
6. Ganga Beach Resort: As its name suggests, Ganga Beach Resort lets you wake up to the gurgling sounds of river Ganga every morning. Guests staying here usually spend time enjoying massages or going for river rafting.
Which are resorts in Uttarakhand with a swimming pool?
1. Shaheen Bagh Boutique Resort: Situated on 7 acres of land laden with fruit orchards, Shaheen Bagh Boutique Resort lies on the picturesque banks of River Tons & flaunts 5 levels of landscaped gardens featuring beautiful pathways, watercourses, & lily pools.
2. The Corbett Hideaway: Spread across a 10-acre area, The Corbett Hideaway is one of the best wildlife resorts in Uttarakhand with a swimming pool, which lets you sleep with the lullabies of the gurgling Kosi river & wake up to enchanting birdsongs.
3. TUSKAR'S by KHURAFATI NITIN: With a mango orchard and an azure pool adorning its exterior, TUSKAR'S is a beautiful property, featuring top-class facilities, including a restaurant and a spa.
4. Iris Resorts: Lying amidst a deep forest, Iris Resorts offers luxury amenities, including a pool, a spa, & a restaurant as well as business amenities, including meeting rooms & conference facilities.
5. Corbett Fun Resort: Lying in the buffer zone of Corbett National Park, Corbett Fun Resort features lavish pool view & mountain view rooms & offers tailor-made experiences.
Which are the best resorts in Uttarakhand for the family?
1. DYO - The Organic Village Resort: Lying amidst apple and peach orchards, DYO offers the best farm experience with enchanting views of the peaks of the Greater Himalayan mountains. Offering babysitting services, this resort is ideal for families with infants.
2. Kunkhet Valley Resort: Lying in Corbett National Park, Kunkhet Valley Resort is a 21-acre riverside resort featuring comfortable family rooms. The resort’s in-house restaurant serves delicious vegan and Jain delicacies.
3. Shervani Hilltop Resort: Shervani Hilltop Resort is a luxury boutique resort, offering spacious mountain view rooms. Offering kids’ club & children activities this resort is suitable for families with young children.
4. Stay Apart Wood Castle Resort: Stay Apart Wood Castle Resort happens to be a peaceful family-friendly resort, offering a children’s play area and a nice seating area, where the parents can sit and watch their kids play.
5. Sterling Nainital: Set in a serene surrounding, Sterling Nainital offers many family-friendly activities that parents can play along with their kids, including table tennis & board games.
Which resorts in Uttarakhand have rooms with great views?
1. Anant Rasa by Aamod: Unplugging you from the chaotic city, Anant Rasa by Aamod offers you an opportunity to soak in the postcard-perfect views of the peaks of Nanda Devi, Abhirani, Kedarnath, and Trishul.
2. Albert Lodge: Packed with cozy cottages with classy decor, Albert Lodge lets the guests wake up to stunning views of the snow-clad Himalayan peaks, the exuberant Dehradun city, and the charming Mussoorie town.
3. Clifftop Club, Auli: Lying in Garhwal Himalayas, at an elevation of 10,000 feet, Clifftop Club offers 270 degrees panoramic view of many snow-covered Himalayan ranges, including Nanda Devi, Mana, Neelkanth, Mukut, Trishul, Kamet, & Dronagiri.
4. Royal Orchid Fort Resort: Offering the perfect amalgamation of modern architecture and quaint furniture, the rooms of Royal Orchid Fort Resort offer stunning views of the Doon Valley and the snow-clad mountains.
5. Jharipani Castle: Presenting an alluring blend of heritage and nature, the ever-charming Jharipani Castle lets you witness the shimmering lights of the pristine Doon Valley at night.
Which are the best romantic resorts in Uttarakhand?
1. Imperial Heights Binsar: The boutique resort of Imperial Heights offers an amalgamation of unparalleled comfort, rugged nature, and undisturbed romance. Couples staying here can unwind together at the outdoor fireplace or enjoy bbq evenings.
2. Parwati Resort: From waking up to the birdsongs and meditating in the serene atmosphere to spending the day lazily in a hammock and taking a nice evening village walk, Parwati Resort offers an array of romantic activities for the couples.
3. Samsara Resort & Club: With the Kosi river and the deep forest serving as its backdrop, Samsara Resort & Club offers Jacuzzi pool, adults pool, honeymoon suites, and luxury rooms for the perfectly romantic stay.
4. Corbett Tusker Trail Resort: Couples staying at Corbett Tusker Trail Resort can spend the day enjoying a rejuvenating swim, playing a game of table tennis, and taking an intimate forest walk.
5. Woodsvilla Resort Ranikhet: Perched at a height of 6000 feet above the sea level, Woodsvilla Resort lets couples soak all day in the mesmerizing views of snow-clad mountains.
Which are the best spa resorts in Uttarakhand?
1. Fortune Resort Grace: Lying in Mussoorie, Fortune Resort Grace is a luxury resort, offering top-class amenities, including a gym, a restaurant, a lounge bar, & a spa.
2. Club Mahindra Kanatal: Club Mahindra Kanatal happens to be a renowned spa resort, offering a wide range of curative spa as well as massage treatments done by experienced professionals.
3. Ojaswi Resort: The breathtaking landscape, the enchanting views of the snow-covered mountain peaks, and the invigorating spa therapies make your stay at Ojaswi Resort truly rejuvenating.
4. Mountain Club, Bhimtal: Lying in a thick pine & oak forest, Mountain Club lets you indulge in several experiences, including birdwatching, jungle walks, trekking, fishing, horseback riding, in-house spa & massages.
5. The Satvik Resort: The Satvik Resort lets you soak in the panoramic views of the Karkotak mountains & the Gargi river. Besides the elemental facilities, plush accommodations, enjoy offbeat walks, and experience the tranquil in-house spa.
Which are the best offbeat resorts in Uttarakhand?
1. Corbett Comfortable Resort: Lying in a dense forest with bountiful fauna and flora, Corbett Comfortable Resort is an offbeat wildlife resort, offering open gipsy safari, sightseeing tours, and outdoor sports.
2. Kasaar Jungle Resort: Lying close to the Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary, Kasaar Jungle Resort offers the offbeat travellers a chance to engage in a plethora of activities, including birdwatching, trekking, rock climbing, and nature walks.
3. V Resorts Mumukshu Pauri: V Resorts is an off-centre resort that pledges to offer its guests some exotic activities to enjoy, including historic sites visits and Khirsu village walks.
4. Whispering Pines Himalayan Retreat: Counted among the highest adventure resorts of India, Whispering Pines lets you cycle through the thick rhododendron, pine, & cedar forest, walk through the apple orchards, and enjoy stargazing.
5. Trishul Orchard Resort: Trishul Orchard Resort offers Garhwal & Kumaon mountain views & offers many adventure activities, like rock climbing, valley crossing, rappelling, net climbing, mountain biking, and waterfall trekking.
What facilities will I get at resorts in Uttarakhand?
The top facilities that the guests can expect to enjoy during their stay in the resorts of Uttarakhand are listed below:
- Swimming pool
- In-house multi-cuisine restaurant
- Fitness centre
- BBQ facilities
- Bonfire facilities
- Kids’ play area
- Wifi-enabled business centre
- Conference facilities
- Meeting rooms
- Banquet halls
- 24 hours front desk
- Spa & massage parlour
- Parking space
- Seating area
- Yoga room
- Game room.
What activities can we do in Uttarakhand resorts?
The top activities that the guests can engage in during their stay at the resorts of Uttarakhand are mentioned below:
- Table tennis
- Sightseeing tours
- Yoga and meditation
- Horse riding
- Bonfire & BBQ
- Water polo
- Night camping
- Jungle walks
- River rafting
Are resorts in Uttarakhand pet friendly?
While not all resorts in Uttarakhand are pet-friendly, certain accommodation facilities do welcome pet animals. Some of the top pet-friendly resorts in the state include LaTigre Resort in Jim Corbett, AyurVaid Kalmatia in Almora, The Goat Village in Nag Tibba, and The Den Corbett Resort in Corbett. Moreover, it is advisable to contact the resort you choose to stay at, or go through their official website to get further clarification on the policies.