Uttarakhand Tour Packages For FamilyExplore the picturesque charm, exquisite landscape and divine aura of Uttarakhand with our customised Uttarakhand family tour packages. The state, also known as ‘Dev Bhoomi’ or the land of gods, is a family-friendly tourist destination that is flanked by mountains and mythological stories. Whether you are looking for a relaxed getaway amidst the mountains, an adventurous vacation, or a sacred trip, Uttarakhand has it all.
Our Uttarakhand tour packages for families provide bespoke itineraries based on your interests, age groups, budget, comfortable accommodation, transportation, sightseeing, activities and a guide. These Uttarakhand family packages are meticulously curated by experts of Thrillophilia to ensure a smooth and enjoyable trip, allowing families to relax and focus on creating precious memories together.
Uttarakhand family tour packages provide a trip to the stunning hill stations like Auli, Nainital and Mussoorie where you can enjoy the weather and breathtaking views of the landscape. For those looking for a spiritual experience, the Uttarakhand tour packages for families include a visit to the ancient temples at Haridwar and Rishikesh where you can soak in the blissful holiness. You can also take part in the Ganga Aarti on the banks of the holy Ganges River and engage in yoga and meditation which add to the heavenly charm of these places.
Places to Visit on Uttarakhand for a Family Trip:1. Mussoorie: Aptly known as ‘Queen of the hills’, Mussoorie is a charming hill town that flaunts Shivalik range and Doon Valley in the backdrop. It was once the summer capital of the British and hence you can see remnants of the colonial architecture even now. Uttarakhand family packages include a trip to kids-friendly attractions like Kempty Falls, Gun Hill, Lake Mist and Adventure Park in Mussoorie as well thus making it a wholesome destination.
2. Dehradun: The winter capital of Uttarakhand, Dehradun is one of the most-visited destinations of Uttarakhand family tour packages. It is located at the foothills of the Himalayas and is bounded by abundant natural beauty including snow-clad mountains, cascading waterfalls and interesting caves. There are a plethora of attractions like Sahastradhara, Malsi Deer Park, Fun n Food Kingdom and Ram Tal Horticultural Garden in Dehradun to visit with family and kids.
3. Auli: Blessed in abundance by Mother Nature, Auli is a quaint town in Uttarakhand that is located 2800 metres above the sea level. It showcases a picture-perfect landscape that includes snowy slopes, lush forests of oak and pine and apple orchards. Visit Auli during winter when both kids and adults can enjoy the snowfall and indulge in snow sports like skiing and snowboarding.
4.Jim Corbett National Park: Uttarakhand tour packages for families include a trip to Jim Corbett National Park which is India's oldest national park and a haven for wildlife lovers. It is the home to the Royal Bengal tiger, and a rich variety of flora and fauna including elephants, deer, bears and leopards. It also offers other activities like jeep safaris, birdwatching treks, and nature walks that are enjoyed by people of all age groups.
5. Haridwar: Haridwar, located on the banks of the holy Ganges River, is a spiritual hub that attracts pilgrims from all over the world. The main highlight of Uttarakhand family packages is the sacred Ganga Aarti at Har ki Pauri Ghat held every evening. While elders of the family enjoy the visit to Chandi Devi Temple, and Vaishno Devi Temple, kids have fun at Rajaji National Park and Neel Dhara Pakshi Vihar.
6. Nainital: Nicknamed as the ‘City of Lakes’, Nainital is a picturesque hill station that is known for its tranquil lakes and breathtaking views of the scenery. It is nestled at the foothills of the Kumaon range and possesses a magnetic charm that lure people of all ages. You can go boating at the Naini Lake, visit the scenic viewpoints, enjoy the pleasant weather and shop for traditional handicrafts at Nainital.
7. Kausani: Kausani is a serene hill station with spellbinding landscapes and pleasant weather that are apt for a family vacation. It is renowned for its fairytale backdrop, panoramic views of the Himalayan peaks including Nanda Devi, Trishul, and Panchachuli, tranquil atmosphere, and vibrant flora and fauna. Uttarakhand tour packages for families include a visit to Baijnath Temple, Kausani Tea Estate, Baijnath Temple and Rudradhari Falls at Kausani.
8. Dhanaulti: If you are looking for an offbeat destination in your Uttarakhand family tour packages to unwind and relax, Dhanaulti is the apt place. It is a lovely hill town that offers a serene retreat amidst the scenic beauty of the Garhwal mountain range. You can visit the Deogarh Fort, Tehri Dam and Eco Park while younger adults can indulge in activities like trekking, camping, and rappelling at Dhanaulti.
9. Rishikesh: Rishikesh, snuggled comfortably in the lap of the Himalayas, is a spiritual and adventure hub in Uttarakhand. It is rightly known as the "Yoga Capital of the World” as it houses numerous ashrams teaching spirituality, yoga, meditation and Ayurveda. Apart from ancient temples and the Ganga aarti, Rishikesh also has activities for younger adults like river rafting, rappelling and bungee jumping.
10. Chakrata: Chakrata is a hidden gem in Uttarakhand that is known for its immaculate natural beauty and panoramic mountain views. Surrounded by dense forests and beautiful waterfalls, the town is a mini paradise where you can indulge in thrilling activities like mountain climbing, camping and trekking. Watching sunset at Chilmiri Neck, birdwatching at Darun Deoban and exploring Budher Caves are some family-friendly activities at Chakrata.
Things to Do on Uttarakhand Family Tour:1. Boating Nainital Lake: Surrounded by seven picturesque hills, Nainital Lake or Naini Lake is a favourite spot to enjoy the serene ambiance of the city. Kids will enjoy boating at Naini Lake in row boats, paddle boats, and yachts with Uttarakhand family tour packages. As you drift, you can witness spectacular views of the surroundings, experience the tranquillity of the lake and enjoy the ripples on the water.
2. Attend Ganga Aarti at Triveni Ghat: To enjoy a spiritual experience and pray for the well-being of your family, attend the morning or evening Maha aarti at Triveni Ghat in Rishikesh. During the Ganga aarti, the riverbank becomes lively with the rhythmic chants, flickering lamps, and fragrance of incense. You can see priests offering prayers to the sacred river and the mesmerising sight of lamps floating down the Ganges.
3. Go to Kedarnath Temple: Situated at a height of 3,583 metres amidst the majestic Himalayas, Kedarnath Temple is one of the twelve jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. The snowy mountains, Mandakini River and the spiritual aura add to the beauty of this revered temple. While elders of the family enjoy the divinity of the temple, younger adults are keen on the trek to reach there. The trek takes you through picturesque landscapes of Gaurikhand, Rambara, Vasuki Tal and Gandhi Sarovar.
4. Cable Car Ride in Auli: Uttarakhand tour packages for families offer an exciting cable car ride that lets you enjoy the breathtaking beauty of Auli. Soar above the majestic snow-capped mountains as you glide through the air, witnessing the panoramic views of the Himalayas. The cable car ride in Auli offers an exhilarating adventure and a chance to immerse yourself in the natural wonders of this enchanting destination.
5. Ganga Arti at Rishikes: The Ganga Arti at Har ki Pauri ghat in Rishikesh is a sacred ceremony held every evening on the banks of the holy Ganges. Gather at the ghat with your family members, witness the priests perform synchronised prayers, chant hymns in honour of the river and offer your prayers.. You can float candles and flowers in the river water, offer your prayers and feel a profound sense of connection to the divine.
6. Visit Eco Park at Dhanaulti: Eco Park in Dhanaulti is a family-friendly nature park that features lush greenery including deodar, oak and rhododendron trees, and endangered birds. It is an idyllic destination to enjoy sunrise and sunset views, capture stunning vistas of the Doon Valley and Himalayas and experience the crisp air. The park also offers thrilling activities like Sky Walk, Flying Fox, Burma Bridge and rock climbing for adventure-loving kids.
7. Safari at Corbett National Park: Uttarakhand tour packages for families include an adrenaline-rushing safari adventure in Jim Corbett National Park that enthral kids. The safari takes you through dense forests and across streams to spot thrilling encounters and soak in the beauty of untamed wilderness. If you are lucky, you can see tigers, sloth bears, Asiatic black bears, deers and wild boars and different varieties of exotic birds.
Best Time to Visit Uttarakhand:The best time to visit Uttarakhand is during the summer season from March to June. During this time, the weather is pleasant with the temperature ranging between 20oC and 35oC which is favourable for sightseeing and outdoor activities like trekking and paragliding.
How to Reach Uttarakhand:1. By air: Uttarakhand has two domestic airports, Jolly Grant Airport near Dehradun and Pantnagar Airport in Kumaon. Jolly Grant is located 22 kms from the city centre and has regular flight services from major cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and Chennai. Pantnagar Airport provides connectivity to hill stations of the region like Nainital, Almora, Ranikhet and Bhimtal.
2. By train: There are 16 railway stations in Uttarakhand which are served by railway services like Jan Shatabdi Express, Doon Express, Dehradun Express, and Nanda Devi Express.
3. By road: Uttarakhand has a well-connected road network that connects the state with other parts of the country.
Bigger Group? Get special offers upto 50% off!
We create unforgettable adventures, customised for your group.