Kerala HomestaysAkkarakalam Memoirs, Marari Garden Residency, Emerald Isle Homestay, Saffron Holidays Homestays, Alapatt Homestay, Coconut Creek Homestay, Varikatt Heritage homestay and many more.
One of the best experiences while exploring the lush green, breathtaking landscape of the tropical state in South India is by staying in Kerala homestays. Known for their palm lined beachfront porches, these properties offer you the best stay in terms of comfort and relaxation. Enjoy the lush green, pollution free environs of the state while enjoying warm hospitality and delicious local cuisines.
Book your homestays in Kerala stay with your partner to enjoy a secluded holiday or take your family along to go elephant riding and canoeing. Enjoy the old style architecture of these homestays while sitting in the middle of palm trees and coconut groves. Watch paddy fields stretched out as far as you can see and relish in the local cuisine. Affordable and cosy, these homestays will bring you relaxation and replenishment without burning a hole in your pocket.
People Also Ask About Homestays in Kerala
Which are the best Homestay in Kerala?1. Akkarakalam Memoirs: Akkarakalam Memoirs is a magnificent farmhouse and a very comfortable Homestay in Kerala. Located on a 10-acre stretch of land, this exotic retreat is set amidst a variety of flora and fauna- a perfect nook of serenity and comfort away from the humdrum of city life. The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated with simple yet elegant furniture. The farmhouse features other amenities like free Wi-Fi, free parking, air-conditioning, room service, bathroom fitted with showers, power backup, security and a caretaker.
Location: Akkarakalam, Chennamkary Post Office, Alappuzha, 688501
Price: INR 11,281 per night
2. Anugraha: Situated along the tranquil backwaters of River Meenachil at Kumarakom, Anugraha is an exceptional Homestay in Kerala, where you can spend a memorable vacation with your family and friends. It is a private villa with contemporary and aesthetic décor. You can soak in natures’ serenity and enjoy some of the best Syrian- Christian delicacies along with continental dishes that are served on site. All the rooms are spacious and equipped with amenities such as free Wi-Fi, flat screen T.V., air- conditioning, free parking, laundry, kitchen, a pool, lake access and landscaped garden with patio.
Location: Anugraha Puthenpurayil Prapuzha Kadavu Pulikkuttissery, Aymanam, Kerala 686015
Price: INR 18,000
3. Motty’s Homestay: Situated at Alleppey, Motty’s Homestay in Kerala is one of the most beautiful heritage resorts where you can relax, rejuvenate and enjoy a quality time with your loved ones. This homestay will remind you of the aristocratic charm of colonial times, with its ambience and architecture. The rooms feature comfortable beds with clean, aesthetic furnishing. The antique wooden furniture and beamed ceilings add to the charm of the retreat. The property is known for its warm and friendly hospitality and authentic local cuisine that you can enjoy as you soak in the serenity of the backwaters and lush greenery surrounding you.
Location: Kidangamparambu Temple Street, Thathampally, Alappuzha, Kerala 688013
Price: INR 7,000
4. Ente Veedu Homestays: Ente Veedu is the perfect Kerala Homestay for nature lovers. In Malayalam, the meaning of “Ente Veedu'' is ‘my home’ and this 80 year old grand retreat lives up to its name perfectly. A piece of heaven for the tired soul and perfect home away from home for those wanting to explore Kerala like a local. The thatched roof, marvellous wooden and cane furniture, with aesthetic furnishing emits a truly rustic vibe, which complements the surrounding natural beauty. Along with a number of modern amenities, you can also enjoy some exciting outdoor activities like jeep safaris, bird watching and coracle riding.
Location: Punchavayal House, P.O. Karakkunnu, Panamaram, Kerala 670721
Price: INR 2,527
5. Anna Homestay: Anna Homestay in Kerala is one of the most sophisticated and elegant retreats that is situated in Munnar. This magnificent homestay is located at a short distance of 3 km from the famous Chenkulam Dam. The rooms are spacious and exquisitely furnished with a picturesque view of the surrounding mountain range. The resort features other amenities like free Wi-Fi, free parking, laundry, a landscaped garden, luggage storage, 24 hours room service and family rooms.
Location: Anna Homestay Thattathimukku Bus Stop Chithirapuram P.O, Munnar, Kerala 685565
Price: INR 2,125
6. Vembanad House Boutique: Situated on the banks of the Vembanad Lake, the marvellous Vembanad House Boutique is a very popular Kerala Homestay, known for its sprawling green lawn, elegant and aesthetic interiors, warm hospitality and authentic Keralite dishes sourced fresh from the local markets. The rooms are air-conditioned and spacious, featuring king size comfortable beds with balconies overlooking a picturesque lake. The amenities include free Wi-fi and attached bathrooms with showers. You can also enjoy outdoor activities like cycling, on the lawn.
Location: Puthankayal, Muhamma.p.o, Alappuzha, Kerala 688525
Price: INR 9,167
7. Varikatt Heritage: The Varikatt Heritage is an exceptional Kerala Homestay where you can spend a marvellous vacation with your loved ones. Situated at the heart of Trivandrum, this spectacular, 150 years old Indo-Gothic villa is an apostle of grandeur and style. The air-conditioned rooms are spacious and fitted with antique furniture and aesthetic furnishing, emitting a warm ambience. The huge balconies attached to the rooms, overlooks a badminton court, a curated orchid garden and a hammock that offers splendid natural views.
Location: Punnen Road, Statue, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695001
Price: INR 3,500
8. Palkadavu Warium Villa Homestay: Set amidst lush greenery and thick tropical plantations, Palkadavu Warium Villa is a Kerala Homestay, that is ideal for a serene retreat with your loved ones. Situated in Wayanad, this homestay, established in 1964, features a vast lawn for relaxing and entertainment, a bamboo hut and an attic lit with warm lights. The rooms are spacious with minimalistic and elegant decor. The homestay features amenities like free Wi-Fi, free parking, doctor on call, luggage storage, power backup, indoor games and housekeeping.
Location: TP14/75, Kartikulam Road, Thrissilery Rd, Mananthavady, Kerala 670646
Price: INR 3,135
9. Marari Garden Residency: The Marari Garden Residency is one of the most popular homestays in Kerala known for its comfortable rooms, great food and warm hospitality. Located in Alleppey, this retreat features free Wi-Fi, a fully equipped kitchen with a refrigerator and a toaster, a sumptuous continental breakfast to start your day. There are exciting outdoor activities like cycling and fishing there organised by the property. You can spend some quality time at the private beach, relaxing with your loved ones. Yoga sessions are also conducted by experts on the property.
Location: Pattukalam, Alappuzha, Kerala 688008
Price: INR 1,210
10. Emerald Isle Homestay: Experience the true essence of Kerala while you spend your holiday at the Emerald Isle Homestay, with your family and friends. Spread over 9 acres of greenery, this spectacular retreat is mainly constructed with teak and adorned with hand-crafted wood carvings. The property includes a vast paddy field and a fish pond. The rooms are elegant, spacious and aesthetically furnished. The other amenities include air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, an Ayurveda Centre, car rentals, boating facilities, child friendly spaces, a coffee shop and an array of authentic south Indian dishes.
Location: Kanjooparambil-Manimalathara, Chathurthyakary Post, near Nedumudy, Alappuzha, Kerala 688502
Price: INR 5,225
11. Alapatt Homestay: Situated at Alleppey, Matha footbridge, the Alapatt Homestay is a humble resort designed to make your Kerala vacation truly memorable. The rooms are simple and tastefully furnished. You have the option of choosing a Double Room with king size beds and Dormitory rooms where you can accommodate up to five adults. Other amenities include free Wi-Fi, an attached bath with showers, free parking, efficient room service, CCTV surveillance and exciting outdoor activities like backwater tours. This homestay also features a terrace, a well-maintained garden and a mini-market.
Location: North of Matha Foot Bridge, Before Haveli Resort, West of Rajeeve Jetty, Alappuzha, Kerala 688013
Price: INR 738
12. Coconut Creek Homestay: Situated near the picturesque Kumarakom Lake, Coconut Creek Homestay is a budget resort with spacious, comfortable rooms overlooking the lake. The rooms feature free Wi-Fi, attached bathrooms and balconies with a panoramic view of the lush green tropical plantation surrounding the property. Some of the select rooms feature air-conditioning. Children aged below 5 years can stay free of cost, accompanied by an adult. The property is also pet friendly meaning you can travel with your furry friends. Other amenities include free breakfast, boat cruises, Ayurvedic massage sessions and children’s play area.
Location: Ponnattusseril, New Nazareth Rd, Konchumada Road, illikkalam, Kumarakom, Kerala 686563
Price: INR 2,592
13. Varikatt Heritage Homestay: The stunning heritage villa of Varikatt Heritage Homestay is situated at the heart of Trivandrum. The 5000 square feet villa reflects the 18th Century architectural charm of the Indo-Saracenic style combined with its colonial heritage. The elegant and finely furnished accommodations include one Deluxe Suite and three Deluxe Double Rooms. The air-conditioned rooms feature free Wi-Fi, flat screen T.V., exquisite rosewood furniture and refrigerator. The villa features other amenities like free parking, free breakfast, laundry service, airport shuttle and business meeting rooms. Enjoy the authentic Kerala cuisine as the chef serves you some of the unique recipes of the south during your stay.
Location: Punnen Road, Statue, Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695001
Price: INR 3,500
14. Sea Hut Homestay: The Sea Hut Homestay is the perfect retreat for a relaxing holiday in Kerala, especially since it comes with its own private beach. The accommodations feature four double bedrooms located along a wide veranda. The homestay features amenities like free Wi-Fi, easy access to the beach where you can relax and enjoy the beautiful sunsets, free on-street parking, sumptuous Asian and Continental breakfast, non- smoking rooms, efficient room service, 24 hours front desk and airport shuttle.
Location: 24/263, Mulamkuzhi Beach Road, Mundamveli, Kochi, Kerala 682002
Price: INR 1,232
15. The Mudhouse Marayoor: The Mudhouse Marayoor is the perfect destination for anyone seeking absolute tranquillity amidst the tranquil nature in Kerala. This homestay is constructed in earthen architectural style to replicate the feel of a mud house. The interiors are aesthetically decorated, emanating earthy and rustic vibes. The rooms are furnished minimally, featuring free Wi-Fi, a wardrobe, sitting area, attached bathroom with showers and free toiletries. An Asian buffet breakfast is prepared fresh on a daily basis. The homestay features a library and outdoor activities like cycling and hiking.
Location: Building No. 382, Channelmedu, Anakalpetty, off Munnar - Udumalpet Road, Marayoor, Kerala 685620
Price: INR 3,943
What are the best homestays in Alleppey?
1. Akkarakalam Memoirs Homestay: More than a hundred years old, the beautiful Akkarakalam farmhouse is tucked on the banks of river Pampa and one of the most serene kerala homestays for families as well as a group of friends seeking a backwater experience. You’ll discover new meanings of spirituality and solitude in this property with massages, yoga and meditation. You can also indulge in canoe rides, motor rides and toddy tapping.
2. Marari Garden Residency: Just 6 kilometers from Nehru Trophy Boat Race, the tranquil properties of Marari Graden are one of the most kerala homestays in Alleppey. The hotels are a hop, skip and jump from major tourist attractions in the city and offer various thoughtful amenities, like free Wi-Fi, a fully functional kitchen with toaster and fridge, and yoga classes. Enjoy your stay to the fullest in Marari Gardens.
3. Emerald Isle Homestay: Decorated with teak and marble with spectacular wood carvings and ultramodern facilities, the Emerald Isle is spread over 9 hectares overlooking paddy fields and fish ponds. The air carries a special quality in it – fresh toddy harvested from coconut trees lends a unique fragrance and the murmur of palm trees leaves one transported to another world. Emerald Isle Homestay is one of the best homestays in Kerala. The property is a healing balm for weary travelers.
4. Saffron Holidays Homestay: Ranging from a basic room rental to an indulgent luxurious stay, the rooms at Saaffron are as varied as the guests. Decorated in bright colours and vibrant paintings, the property is tastefully furnished and intricately designed. Traveling with family? No worries, the hotel has special arrangements to engage your little ones. Equipped with free wi-fi and offering pickup and drop facilities to nearby areas, your stay here will be truly calm and cosy.
5. Alapatt Homestay: Featuring a terrace, a garden, and a mini market – the Alapatt Homestay offer you a tranquil accommodation that is far away from the hustle and bustle of city life, while still being close enough to major tourist destinations of Alleppey to spend your day exploring. Equipped with wi-fi and extra desk, bed, fans – the rooms are airy and spacious with scenic views of the rich flora of Kerala and it is one of the best homestays in Kerala.
Which are the best homestays in Varkala?1. Keratheeram Beach Resort: Keratheeram is one of the best homestays in Varkala, where you can enjoy a relaxing vacation with your family and friends and enjoy private beach access and modern amenities like free Wi-Fi, air-conditioning and free parking. This resort is also pet friendly.
2. Magnolia Guest House: Magnolia Guest House is one of the most charming homestays in Varkala, where you can spend a delightful vacation relaxing in the comfort of your furnished room, soaking in the swimming pool and watching the glorious sunrises and sunsets from the private beach.
3. Sevenstar Residency: You can experience the comfort of your home and indulge in some of the most authentic and delicious cuisines of Kerala at Sevenstar Residency. This luxury Homestay in Kerala features amenities like free Wi-Fi and free parking.
4. Tamarind Villa: Tamarind Villa is the perfect holiday destination in Varkala, where you can enjoy a relaxing stay and relish a delicious continental and a la carte breakfast. This elegant homestay features a shared lounge, a restaurant, a curated garden and a terrace with a panoramic view of the natural beauty of Kerala.
Which are the best homestays in Vagamon Kerala?1. Mountain Mist Resort: The Mountain Mist Resort is a visitor’s delight and one of the best homestays in Kerala. This charming and elegant homestay offers features like finely furnished, spacious rooms and a huge terrace with a panoramic view of the lush greenery and misty mountains.
2. Vagamon Mist Valley: Cradled amidst the mountain ranges of the Western Ghats, Vagamon Mist Valley is the perfect destination for a relaxing and rejuvenating holiday. All the rooms feature a clean, comfortable double bed with flat screen T.V., a balcony overlooking the mountain ranges and attached bathrooms.
3. Winter Green Cottage: Set amidst the lush green tropical plantations and misty hills, this resort boasts of world class hospitality and the most comfortable accommodations featuring amenities like private balconies, flat-screen T.V., a desk, attached bathrooms and family rooms.
4. Vanilla County Heritage Plantation Bungalow: Vanilla County Heritage Plantation Bungalow is one of the best homestays in vagamon kerala. This marvellous retreat is set amidst the natural beauty of Kerala and a sprawling landscaped garden.
Which are the best homestays in Calicut Kerala?1. Maleyam Homestay Riverside: At the Maleyam Riverside, you can enjoy amenities like round the clock room service, private beach access and free parking When you are in Calicut. Professional chefs on-site prepared delicious authentic news that you can enjoy during your stay.
2. Calicut Homestay: The Calicut Homestay is a simple yet stylishly decorated retreat, where you can relax with your family and friends while vacationing in Calicut. The rooms are comfortable and well maintained, featuring amenities like room service, kitchens in selected rooms, child friendly spaces and free parking.
3. Sourabham Homestay: Sourabham Homestay in Calicut, Kerala, is a home away from home, providing every comfort and tranquillity you deserve while on vacation. This resort features amenities like free Wi-Fi, efficient room service, child friendly play areas and kitchens in select rooms.
4. Hizan Homestay: The Hizan Homestay in Calicut, Kerala, is a simple yet stylishly furnished resort providing warm hospitality, clean comfortable spacious rooms with queen size beds and sumptuous food. The homestay features amenities like air-conditioned rooms, free parking, full service laundry, room service, etc.
Which are the best homestays in Kumarakom?
1. Kodianthara Heritage Farm House: More than 150 years old and it is one of the best homestays in Kerala the Kodianthara. Heritage Farmhouse is an ancient heritage building in Kumarakom. Despite having seen so many years, the farmhouse stands magnificently in an impeccable condition and is set against a backdrop of beautiful fish ponds, lush green tropical gardens, and coconut groves.
Spread over 3 hectares, the farmhouse offers tranquility and serenity among natural splendor. An ideal getaway for romance and honeymooning, the professional staff here offers you complete privacy and seclusion.
2. Philipkutty’s Farm, Kumarakom: Looking for a place to hide away from the world in one of the most solitary Kerala homestays Philipkutty’s is the place for you. Although a loving family will be available to take care of you, your privacy is guaranteed as the beachfront property is separate from the family residence.
Enjoy a good book sitting in front of the golden sandy beaches or spend an afternoon getting to know your hosts – it is entirely up to you.
3. Coconut Creek Homestay: Offering cheap and affordable homestay in the Kumarakom area, the Coconut Creek is an ideal Kerala homestay for backpackers. Tucked next to the gorgeous creek of Kumarakom Lake, the hotel is spread over 4 acres and overlooks coconut gardens and lush green farms.
You will find yourself rejuvenated in mind, body, and spirit at Coconut Creek – and that too on a budget!
Which are the best homestays in Wayanad?
1. Misty Meadows Homestay: Ideal for those who want to get away from the lightning fast speed of metropolitan cities and watch the days roll by relaxing in the sun; Misty Meadows is the perfect holiday accommodation.
The criss cross coffee paths are surreal and mesmerizing – both in vision and in fragrance. Enjoy the tangerine sunsets while sipping on coconut water or take in the panoramic views of the greenery around you.
2. Vythiri Village Homestay: A five star classy resort offering the best in hospitality and the spectacular in luxury, Vythiri Village is a stunning place to recharge during your stay in Wayanad. The homestay is an attraction amongst honeymooners and couples looking for a romantic getaway because of its five-star services and couple spa facilities.
So book your stay here and make memories you will cherish for a lifetime.
3. Tranquil Homestay: Located amongst 400 acres of coffee and spices plantations, the Tranquil promises you nothing less than its name. Step into a world of pollution free environs, solitude and serenity, and unparalleled ecological, exotic natural beauty.
Revive yourself while enjoying the hospitality of a caring family without compromising your privacy. Tranquil is truly one of the most captivating kerala homestays.
What facilities will be provided at Homestays in Kerala?- Free Wi-Fi- Flat screen T.V.- Free Parking- Free Breakfast- Room Service- Laundry- Front Desk- Attached Bathroom- Refrigerators- Yoga Sessions- Backwater Tours- Hiking- Cycling- CCTV surveillance- Landscaped Garden / Lawn
What is Kerala famous for?Situated on the tropical Malabar coast in South India, Kerala is aptly known as “God’s Own Country” for its incredible natural beauty. It is famous for its tranquil backwaters, picturesque sea beaches, ecotourism and mouth-watering south Indian dishes that make use of unique spices and local produce.
What is the best time to visit Kerala?
The best time to visit Kerala is during the winter season which occurs between the months of November and March. The average temperature during this time of the year remains at around 27°C. Kerala also experiences heavy rainfall during the monsoon season which is between June to August. This is also a wonderful time to explore the many hill stations in Kerala since the greenery looks exceptional during this time.
Will we get bonfire during our stay in Kerala homestays?
Many Kerala homestays offer bonfire nights where you can sit cosily wrapped in a blanket with your loved one, sipping on filter coffee, and enjoying poems, stories, and jokes with other guests. It’s a lovely way to connect with the locals as well, and will forever stay etched in your memory.
Is it allowed to drink and smoke in homestays?
It is allowed to consume alcohol in Kerala, but smoking rules vary from property to property. Depending on hosts, you may or not be allowed to smoke in the house.
Considered as one of the most historic sites in Kannur, the St. Angelo Fort was constructed by the first Portuguese viceroy of India. The fort is triangular in shape appears as a massive yet magnificent structure standing at the helm of the ruthless sea. The laterite walls made of stone lend it an even more imposing air and it is a must-visit destination for architecture students. The sea wall segregating the fort from the sea provides breathtaking views of the Mopilla Bay. Visit the fort for taking a relaxing walk in the complex and enjoy stunning views of the Arabian Sea.Distance: 2.0 km from Kannur bus stand.Timings: 8 AM to 6 PM, every dayEntry fee: INR 10.
Famous as Kerala’s only drive-in beach, the Muzhappilangad offers some of the most stunning views of the yellow and orange sun setting along the golden sandy beaches of Malabar coast. The 4 km stretch of land running along the ocean is perfect for taking a romantic, leisurely stroll with your partner or just drive on the beach and soak in the naked natural splendour around. Photography enthusiasts can take breathtaking shots of the ocean and food lovers can munch on authentic Malabar snacks sold on the beach.Distance: 13.8 km from Kannur bus stand.Timings: No timing restrictionsEntry fee: There is no fee charged to enter the beach but if you want to drive a vehicle on the beach, you are charged INR 10.