Karnataka ResortsThe ever-charming resorts in Karnataka are aimed at not only offering the guests an accommodation for their holiday, but also letting them get a sneak peek into the natural splendors of this south Indian state. Flanked by towering coconut trees and swaying palms & offering pampering facilities the resorts like the Red Rock Residency and the Lotus Beach are suitable for every traveler seeking an escape from their monotonous life. While some resorts will lure you with their curative massage therapies and delectable culinary preparations, others will excite you with their wide range of fun-filled recreational activities.
No matter if you are visiting the state with your family, friends, soulmate, or colleagues, the versatile Karnataka resorts will make sure your needs and objectives are positively met. From forest resorts offering excellent wildlife spotting opportunities to beach resorts letting you indulge in a wide range of adrenaline-pumping water sports, the resorts in this state let you design your own dream holiday.
While Mysore’s Silent Shores Resort & Spa will offer you a laid-back holiday with invigorating spa & massage services, Bandipur’s Country Club Wildlife Resort will let you enjoy an action-packed vacation with an array of outdoor activities to indulge in. While Chikmagalur’s The Serai Resort will let you experience forest living, Gokarna’s Sanskruti Resort will let you host your dream beach parties and destination weddings.
People Also Ask About Resorts in Karnataka
Which are the best resorts in Karnataka?
1. Silent Shores Resort & Spa, Mysore: Spread across an area of around 27 acres and tucked in the lap of nature, Silent Shores Resort & Spa is one of the most luxurious Karnataka resorts.
This lavish resort is packed with a total of 73 pool view rooms and suites with each one featuring a minibar, an attached bathroom, a sofa, a refrigerator, a flatscreen TV, and a safe. The resort also offers a range of relaxing spa therapies including pedicure, manicure, neck massage, and full body massage.
Location: BEML Road, Plot No. 85-87, Hootagalli, Mysuru, Karnataka 570018.
Amenities: Swimming pool, Fitness Centre, Kids club, Meeting rooms, Spa, Swim Up bar.
Price: INR 5,059 per night onwards.
2. Country Club Wildlife Resort, Bandipur: Lying in the famed wildlife paradise of Bandipur town, Country Club Wildlife Resort is considered to be one of the most romantic resorts in Karnataka.
Couples staying here should choose the cozy cottages that pledge to offer the guests unparalleled wildlife views. Country Club Wildlife Resort also allows its patrons to engage in a number of exciting outdoor activities, such as trekking, bird watching, cycling, and bonfire.
Location: Mangala Village, Gundlupet Taluk, Bandipur, Karnataka 571318.
Amenities: Outdoor pool, Meeting rooms, Restaurant, Children Activities, Evening entertainment, lounge bar.
Price: INR 7,181 per night onwards.
3. Orange Country Resort, Coorg: Featuring well-kept meeting rooms, excellent conference facilities, and wifi enabled business centre, Orange Country Resort is one of the most business-friendly resorts in Karnataka.
Offering a long infinity pool with scenic views, invigorating full body massage therapies, and on-site shopping options, the resort also does justice for the leisure seekers. It also has a snack bar & a restaurant & offers delicious breakfast buffets to meet the culinary needs of guests.
Location: Evolve Back Chikkana Halli Estate, Coorg | Karadigodu Post, Siddapur, Coorg , Karnataka, India, Siddapur 571253 India.
Amenities: Outdoor pool, lounge bar, restaurant, spa, conference facilities, banquet room.
Price: INR 43,000 per night onwards.
4. The Serai Resort, Chikmagalur: The Serai Resort in Chikmagalur is one of the most peaceful resorts in Karnataka that presents the perfect amalgamation of luxury and nature.
Lying amidst a breathtaking coffee plantation, the resort is packed with cozy Swiss cottages and Indonesian cottages that allow the guests to wake up to mesmerizing nature views every morning. Guests staying at The Serai Resort can spend time trekking through the coffee plantations or enjoying a Harley ride through the thick woods.
Location: Mugthihalli Post, KM Rd, Chikmagalur, Karnataka 577133.
Amenities: Infinity pool, Restaurant, Workout Room, Conference facilities, Spa, Banquet room.
Price: INR 22,420 per night onwards.
5. Summer Sands Resort, Mangalore: Counted among the few pet-friendly beachside resorts in Karnataka, Summer Sands Resort is a charming colonial style resort, spread across a whopping area of around 15 acres.
Dotted with towering coconut trees and well-manicured gardens, the resort lets its guests enjoy mesmerizing views of the lush greens all day. The palm fringed swimming pool and the small fish ponds lying on the huge open areas add to the beauty of this resort.
Location: Chota Mangalore, near Nirmala Hospital, Ullal, Mangalore 575020 Karnataka.
Amenities: Swimming pool, multi-cuisine restaurant, conference facilities, lounge bar, children activities, free parking space.
Price: INR 5,000 per night onwards.
6. Guhantara Resort, Kaggalipura: Built 10-meter under the ground and designed like an intriguing cave, Guhantara Resort is one of the most uniquely architectured resorts in Karnataka.
The resort features surprising air-conditioned cave suites that offer the thrill seekers an adrenaline-pumping staying experience. Considered to be one of the most recommended Karnataka resorts for adventure seekers, Guhantara Resort lets its guests enjoy a myriad of exhilarating activities, including quad biking, zip lining, and horse riding.
Location: Sy. No. 177 & 177/18, Nowkal Palya, Kaggalipura, Off Kanakapura Main Road, South, Taluk, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560082.
Amenities: Outdoor pool, Spa, Restaurant, Fitness centre, Lounge bar, Indoor kids’ play area.
Price: INR 5,189 per night onwards.
7. Shilhaandara Resort, Harisandra: Tucked amidst the photogenic Rananagara hills, Shilhaandara Resort is one of the best mountain resorts in Karnataka, offering breathtaking scenic views and peaceful holiday vibes.
The resort allows children as well as adults to engage in a number of indoor games, including table tennis, dart, chess, and carrom. It also lets thrill seekers enjoy many outdoor sports like cricket, volleyball, tug of war, cycling, swimming and kite flying.
Location: Survey No.647, Magadi Road, Taluka, Kasaba Hobli, Harisandra, Karnataka 562159.
Amenities: Swimming pool, spa, lounge bar, multi-cuisine restaurant, live DJ, indoor & outdoor games.
Price: INR 5,539 per night onwards.
8. Paradise Lagoon, Udupi: Known as the only backwater property in Karnataka state, Paradise Lagoon attracts guests with its house boat rides, open air restaurant, and picturesque backwater views. Guests planning their stay at Paradise Lagoon can indulge in a plethora of recreational activities, such as fishing, table tennis, billiards, yoga, & meditation.
Location: Kodi Bengare - Hoode Rd, Thonse West, Karnataka 576115.
Amenities: Infinity pool, multi-cuisine restaurant, spa, indoor kids’ play area, outdoor furniture, yoga classes, children activities.
Price: INR 3,447 per night onwards.
9. Holiday Village Resort, Vajarahalli Village: Lying an hour away from the bustling Bangalore city, Holiday Village Resort is one of the best Karnataka resorts to escape the madding crowd and rejuvenate the body and mind.
Guests staying at this resort can enjoy exciting recreational activities, including air hockey, rain dance, football, badminton, throwball, cricket, volleyball, table tennis, chess, & carrom. Guests, who aren’t activity-friendly can enjoy silent reading sessions at the in-house library.
Location: 35, 9th Mile, Kanakapura Road, Holiday Village Rd, Vajarahalli Village, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560062.
Amenities: Swimming pool, lounge area, library, indoor & outdoor games, spa, multi-cuisine restaurant.
Price: INR 4,113 per night onwards.
10. Gold Coin Resort, Andapura: Located at a small distance of only 23 kilometers from Bangalore city, Gold Coin Resort is one of the most budget-friendly resorts in Karnataka.
The resort features luxury cottages that are well-equipped with a minibar, a kitchenette, a desk, and an attached bathroom. The cottages also have a spacious seating area where the guests can unwind and bask in the awe-inspiring nature views.
Location: No.45/1, Andapura, Off Huskur Road Electronics City Phase II, Anekal, Taluk, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560100.
Amenities: Swimming pool, Multi-cuisine restaurant, Lounge bar, Fitness centre, Children activities, Business centre.
Price: INR 1,179 per night onwards.
11. Amanvana Resort, Coorg: Tucked away in the arms of nature, far off from the hustle and bustle of the city, Amanvana Resort is one of the most stylish and opulent resorts in Karnataka.
Guests staying here can spend time lazing in their sunbeds in their private courtyard or enjoying stargazing while taking a refreshing bath in their glass-roofed bathrooms. They can also pamper themselves with a spectrum of massage therapies at the in-house spa.
Location: No 21, Bollur Village, Guddehosur, Near, Mysore - Madikeri Road, Kushalnagar, Karnataka 571234.
Amenities: Outdoor pool, multi-cuisine restaurant, poolside bar, spa, conference facilities, game room.
Price: INR 13,774 per night onwards.
12. Magnolia Estates & Resort, Virajpet: Perched on a hillside and spread across an area of 100 acres, Magnolia Estates & Resort stunning 360-degree view of the verdant Virajpet valley.
Flanked by coffee, cinnamon, avocado, and pepper plantations, this resort lets guests soak all day in the enchanting views of exotic colourful birds and beautiful flora. The in-house restaurant of the resort, Peppervine serves delectable Coorgi, Indian, and international cuisines to the guests.
Location: Arji Hills, Near Perumbadi Checkpost, Virajpet, Karnataka 571218.
Amenities: Multi-cuisine restaurant, conference facilities, mini library, basketball court, banquet hall, coffee shop.
Price: INR 7,084 per night onwards.
13. Sanskruti Resort, Gokarna: Packed with 20 cottages, and 10 valley view rooms, Sanskruti Resort is one of the classies 4-star resorts in Karnataka. Offering the perfect blend of world-class luxury and the warmth of nature, this resort features heavy woodcraft and abundant tropical trees. The resort features two azure swimming pools that add to its charm. It also has a huge conference hall to offer corporate travelers a decent stay.
Location: Om Beach Rd, Bangla Gudda, Gokarna, Karnataka 581326.
Amenities: Multi-cuisine restaurant, meeting rooms, outdoor pool, 24 hours front desk, free parking space, car hire.
Price: INR 6,000 per night onwards.
14. Wild Woods Spa & Resorts, Udipi: Nestled cozily in a dense tropical rainforest, Wild Woods Spa & Resorts is a surreal eco-friendly getaway. Lying close to the Arabian Sea Coast, the resort offers a number of curative programmes, including Ayurvedic massage, fitness counseling, skin treatments, weight loss programs, and nutrition counseling. The resort also lets its guests enjoy an array of activities, including fishing, swimming, bird watching, and wildlife photography.
Location: Toodalli Village, Yedthare Post, Shirur Checkpost Deviation, Baindur, Kundapura Taluk, Udupi, Karnataka 576214.
Amenities: Outdoor pool, multi-cuisine restaurant, steam room, spa, game room, children activities.
Price: INR 16,426 per night onwards.
15. Royal Orchid Metropole, Mysore: Spread across an area of around 2.5 acres, Royal Orchid Metropole happens to be an impressive heritage resort. The resort offers a rustic charm with its corridors, pillars, and arches built originally in 1920 by the Maharaja of Mysore. Offering invigorating massage therapies, breakfast in bed options, and prompt room & Concierge services, this resort is known for its world-class hospitality.
Location: No. 5, Jhansi Rani Lakshmi Bai Rd, Devaraja Mohalla, CFTRI Campus, Lakshmipuram, Mysuru, Karnataka 570005.
Amenities: Outdoor pool, workout room, conference facilities, banquet room, multi-cuisine restaurant, massage room.
Price: INR 3,588 per night onwards.
Which are the famous beach resorts in Karnataka?
1. Mangalore Beach Resort, Mangalore: Lying on the pristine Someshwar Beach, Mangalore Beach Resort is known for its huge swimming pool and authentic Mangalorean delicacies. The resort also offers easy & quick access to Someshwar Temple and Bekal Fort.
2. Gokarna International Beach Resort, Gokarna: Nestled on the picturesque Kudle Beach & flanked by swaying palm trees, Gokarna International Beach Resort offers cozy rooms and cottages, with each one equipped with a private balcony and offering breathtaking sea views.
3. Red Rock Residency Resort, Mangalore: Surrounded by lush greens on all sides, Red Rock Residency Resort is situated near the flamboyant Malamar Beach. The resort is known to serve the most delicious Tulunadu preparations.
4. Lotus Beach Resort, Gokarna: Flaunting a rugged ambiance and ochre-hued decor, Lotus Beach Resort presents the perfect blend of contemporary furnishings and local heritage. Lying on Kudle Beach, this resort offers excellent water sports & bonfire facilities.
Which are the best forest resorts in Karnataka?
1. Coorg Jungle Camp Resort, Coorg: Surrounded by majestic hills and lush greenery, Coorg Jungle Camp Resort lets you escape the concrete jungle and enjoy nature walks, bird watching, and star gazing in the wilderness.
2. Bannerghatta Nature Camp, Bengaluru: Lying near Bannerghatta National Park, Bannerghatta Nature Camp offers excellent tiger and lion safari. The property features multiple accommodation options, including 32 bedded dormitories, 1 chalet, 2 log huts, and 8 swiss tents.
3. Gokarna Forest Resort, Gokarna: Gokarna Forest Resort lies amidst a serene area, which once served as the hunting reserve of Gokarna’s Nepali royal family.
The Kings Sanctuary Jungle Resort, Mysore. Nestled close to Nagarhole National Park, The Kings Sanctuary Jungle Resort is an eco-friendly resort built amidst 34-acre of mango orchards and green lawns.
4. The Bison Kabini Resort, Nagarhole: Set overlooking a dense forest, The Bison Kabini Resort features cozy African style tent camps. There is also an observation deck, from where you can spot jaguars, elephants, & leopards.
Which arethe best kid friendly resorts in Karnataka?
1. Heritage Resort, Coorg: Lying in the arms of nature, Heritage Resort is known for its classy decor & scrumptious culinary preparations. The resort also offers kids-friendly activities like kite flying and cycling.
2. Parumpara Adventure & Cultural Holiday Resort, Coorg: Parumpara Adventure & Cultural Holiday Resort offers a blend of modern amenities and ethnic cottages. Children staying here can enjoy music & dance performances by in-house artists.
3. Arthigamya Resort & Spa, Gokarna: Offering luxurious comforts and nature’s abundance, Arthigamya Resort & Spa lets you unwind in your balcony and soak in the sounds of melodious seawaves and chirpings of birds, with your loved ones.
4. Red Earth, Kabini: Red Earth lets guests wake up to mesmerizing sunrise views & enchanting birds chirpings every morning. Children generally have a great time here, spotting wildlife at the nearby forest.
5. Kudle Beach View Resort & Spa, Gokarna: Suitable for kids & adults, Kudle Beach View Resort & Spa offers a luxury stay in a tropical greenland, while letting you enjoy various activities, including yoga, sightseeing, and watersports.
Which are the best resorts in Karnataka for families?
1. Phalguni River Resort, Mangalore: Packed with 27 bamboo species, 750 medicinal herb species, and 270 tree species, Phalguni River Resort offers guests a real forest therapy. It also has an Ayurvedic wellness centre that offers curative therapies.
2. Silver Oaks Resort, Coorg: Enveloped within lush greenery, Silver Oaks Resort offers a cozy home-like vibe and offers a myriad of recreational activities, such as jungle trekking, swimming, boating, bird watching, white water rafting, & bonfire.
3. Justa Turtlebay On Sea, Udipi: Offering a private beach, Justa Turtlebay On Sea lets you enjoy fun-filled water sports & explore the exuberant marine life with your loved ones. You can also relish delectable seafood at their in-house restaurant.
4. Gorukana Resort, Chamarajnagar: Perched in BR Hills, Gorukana is an eco-friendly resort that brings you close to nature. This place lets you stay in tent houses, cottages, or tree houses & offers curative Ayurvedic therapies.
Which are the best private pool villa resorts in Karnataka?
1. The Ibnii, Madikeri: Spread across 120-acre of evergreen woodlands, The Ibnii has 24 private pool villas & 10 wooden cottages. featuring a restaurant, a lounge bar, and a coffee shop, the resort pays special attention to the culinary needs of guests.
2. Evolve Back, Coorg: Encircled by virgin forests & lined by river Cauvery, Evolve Back offers luxurious pool villas. Perched at an elevation of 800 meters above sea level, the resort offers stunning views of mystic mountains.
3. Taj Madikeri Resort & Spa, Coorg: Nestled at an altitude of 4,000 feet & set amidst 180 acres of rainforest, Taj Madikeri Resort & Spa showcases Kodagu style architectural design. The resort features premium pool villas, the well-stocked Hive Bar, & 4 dining options.
4. Paddington Resort & Spa, Somvarpet: Packed with 10 private pool villas, 7 bungalows, 21 deluxe rooms, 2 VIP villas, & 5 cottages, Paddington Resort & Spa lets you choose from an array of premium accommodation options.
Which are the best romantic resorts in Karnataka?
1. River Roost Resort, Mangalore: Perched on the banks of a river and surrounded by coconut trees, River Roost Resort offers enchanting nature views to wake up to. It also lets couples enjoy romantic boat rides on Lake Pelicula.
2. Serenity Beach Resort, Gokarna: Pick a deluxe room or tent house at Serenity Beach Resort and wake up to the breathtaking views of the cascading Malenadu Waterfalls every morning. Also relish delectable seafood delicacies at their in-house restaurant.
3. The Tamara Coorg, Coorg: If you’re looking for accommodation at The Tamara Coorg, select a luxury tree cottage with a private deck. Make your mornings special by soaking in the breathtaking sunrise views while enjoying a hot cup of coffee with your beloved.
4. Machaan Resort, Coorg: Encompassed with lush green environs, Machaan Resort offers a respite from the chaotic city life. Couples staying here can enjoy nature walks, coffee plantation tours, and swimming.
Which are the best 5 star resorts in Karnataka?
1. SwaSwara, Gokarna: Packed with a huge swimming pool, a spa, a restaurant, a gym, and gift shops, SwaSwara lets you experience the next level of luxury. During your stay here, you can practice yoga, rejuvenate through naturopathy, & relish organic cuisine.
2. Purple Palms Resort & Spa, Coorg: Packed with 68 lavish rooms, man-made waterfalls, and an Ozone-treated pool with Jacuzzi, Purple Palms Resort & Spa offers 5-star facilities. The resort’s EarthGlo spa offers amazing Swedish & Ayurveda massage therapies.
3. Clarks Exotica Convention Resort & Spa, Bangalore: Spread across an area of 70 acres and with the Nandi Hills serving as its backdrop, Clarks Exotica Convention Resort & Spa offers excellent culinary arrangement with 4 specialty & multi-cuisine restaurants.
4. Angsana Oasis Spa & Resort: Angsana Oasis Spa & Resort features 70 well-kept rooms & suites, an all-day dining restaurant - Sundance Bistro, a multi-cuisine restaurant - Tangerine, a well-stocked lounge bar - Mirage, and a poolside party venue - Aquamarine Deck.
What facilities will I get at resorts in Karnataka?
- Swimming pool
- In-house multi-cuisine restaurant
- Lounge bar
- Fitness centre
- BBQ facilities
- Kids’ play area
- Wifi enabled business centre
- Conference facilities
- Banquet halls
- Spa & massage parlour
- Kids’ outdoor play equipment
- Bicycle on rent
- Car hire
- Airport transportation
- Concierge service.
What activities can we do in Karnataka resorts?
- Table tennis
- Board games
- Sightseeing tours
- Yoga and meditation
- Bonfire & BBQ
- Boat rides
- Walking tours
- River rafting
- Scuba diving
Are resorts in Karnataka pet-friendly?
Although not all resorts in Karnataka are pet-friendly, certain accommodation facilities do welcome the furry creatures as happily as their owners. Some of the top pet-friendly resorts in the state include Red Earth Gokarna, Jal Mahal Resort & Spa, The Orchard Resort & UVA Meridian Bay Resort & Spa.
Can we smoke & drink in Karnataka resorts?
Most of the Karnataka resorts have a well-stocked lounge bar on their premises, where the guests can enjoy their favourite drinks. However, the guests are generally not allowed to smoke in the public areas of the resort and are expected to use a dedicated smoking room only.
What is the best time to visit Karnataka?
The winter months from October to February is an ideal time for visiting Karnataka. During this time, the weather of the state is pleasant and you can enjoy sightseeing, trekking, and water sports. The summer season between March & May is also a good time to escape to the hill stations of Coorg and Chikmagalur to seek respite from the scorching heat.
Built in 1974, Kabini Dam situated in Mysore, is constructed on its namesake river, River Kabini, which is a tributary of the River Kaveri. The dam is considered an engineering marvel of South West India, which is why it tops the list of places to visit in Kabini. The dam’s vast reservoir is a significant source of water for at least 20 villages in the state of Karnataka. The picturesque surroundings lined with trees and crystal clear waters flowing gently, make this reservoir ideal picnic spot with friends and family. You’re also sure to spot vibrant flora, birds fluttering around, and animals walking in the forests beyond as you immerse yourself in a memorable experience!Price: FreeTimings: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Heaven is found simply off the bank of terrain Karnataka – and it is called Gokarna Beach. One of the concealed pearls of India, the seashore is known for the wide extended white sand and peaceful waters. This is an ideal family get-away setting, which brags beachside picnics and water sports, is likewise home to comfortable shacks and radiant rental cottages.With so much to see and do, it is going to be really hard to lie idle on Gokarna beach. Hit the beach with buckets and shovels to build that perfect sand-castle of your dreams. Or, stroll the beach in the evening to soak in the majestic view of Arabian sea. Likewise, this is an extraordinary spot to spread out the family's seashore cover and love the ideal opportunity for the afternoon. Remember to swing by the exciting water sports accessible at Gokarna beach. With remote beach escapes, family-accommodating shores, and ideal for sand-château building, Gokarna beach guarantees fun frolic to every style of the guest. Peruse through the subtleties and activities about the Gokarna beach!
Om Beach of Gokarna carries a spiritual significance concerning its geographical appearance. The shape of this beach resembles the symbol ‘Om’ and hence, it is considered to be highly auspicious amongst the locals. You can witness the joining of two semi-crescent pieces of land here and this is why and how the beach derived its present identity.Known for its early morning and late evening sightseeing delights, Om Beach is a photographer’s paradise. It is simply amazing to observe the transitory phases of the skyline from the shores of Om Beach. Do not miss on your cameras as there are surely going to be plentiful moments for you to capture here. The sand of this beach is fine and delicate, and the rock creations are simply astounding!You may witness the presence of fishermen boats throughout the shores. Some of them might be busy with their deep-sea fishing activity. If you are communicative, you may approach the local fishing community to get some insights into their daily lives.Banana boat rides, bumper boat rides, dolphin spotting, jet skiing, fishing, trekking, and speed boating are some adventurous activities to try here.