Also coveted as “floating palaces”, houseboats in Kashmir are a great way to soak in the resplendent beauty of Srinagar’s pristine lakes and the majestic Himalayas ranges. Married couples and honeymooners can choose Butt’s Clermont Houseboats, Mughal Sheraton Group Of Houseboats and Naaz Kashmir as these houseboats have the best mountains and lake views, special honeymoon packages, fruit baskets, and utmost privacy.
Houseboats like Peacock Houseboats, Young Bombay Group Of Houseboats, and Mughal Sheraton Group Of Houseboats even have sun decks or terraces to enjoy the unhindered tranquility brimming in the lake to the fullest. Mid-budget houseboats from Royal Group Of Houseboats and Swan Group of Houseboats dot the Dal Lake and Nigeen Lake. These houseboats have beautifully designed rooms with elaborate wooden interiors, private bathrooms, and a kitchenette and are great for families and solo travellers. The Kashmir shikara houseboat from Royal Dandoo Palace Group of Houseboats has the most competitive pricing and is a great choice to experience houseboat stay while traveling on a shoestring budget.
People Also Ask About Houseboat in Jammu and Kashmir
Which are the best houseboats in Kashmir?
1. Butt’s Clermont Houseboats:Placed cozily beside the Mughal Garden and Nishat Bagh on the western shores of Dal Lake, Butt's Clermont Houseboat is the best houseboat in Kashmir with utmost privacy. Guests staying here are welcomed by mesmerizing views of the snow-capped Himalayas that drop their reflections on the pristine waters of the lake. The houseboat features a super deluxe room with all modern facilities promising an unparalleled houseboat stay experience to its inmates.
21 inch TV with satellite channels
Price: Starts INR 13,000 per night
Location: Hazratbal Rd, Nasim Bagh, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190006
2.Royal Group Of Houseboats: Aesthetically designed with a royal decor, the Royal Group of Houseboats have a fleet of houseboats standing placidly amidst the blooming flowers of Dal Lake overlooking the Zabarwan mountain ranges. The interiors of this Kashmir shikara houseboat are lavishly designed in wood and the hospitality extended here make the guests feel like a king. The extensive use of carpets and rugs within the rooms are exemplary of the Kashmiri homes and are truly cozy.
Flatscreen TV in rooms
Hot water in bathrooms
Price: Starts INR 5,500 per room
Location: Guroo Manzil, Dalgate, Kashmir, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190001
3.Peacock Houseboats: This exotic Kashmir shikara houseboat is made from fragrant cedar woods and is beautifully decorated with antique wooden decor. The houseboat features spacious sitting rooms, dining room, and bedrooms that are well-equipped to offer a comfortable stay. The highlight of this shikara houseboat is the cushioned verandah where guests can sit snug and bask in the beauty of the mountains glistening in the sun, the flower laden lake, and soul-stirring sunrise and sunset views as they sip the coffee/tea that is served piping hot.
Price: Start INR 2,500 per night for room only
Location: Ghar No : 1, Nigeen Lake, Opp: Nigeen Club, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190001
4.Wangnoo Houseboats: Classified Super Deluxe by the Department of Tourism, the Wangnoo Houseboat in Kashmir stands quaintly on the west side of the Nigeen Lake with unmatched views of the Himalayas. The interiors look royal and are intricately carved on the cedar wood and the rooms are furnished with walnut furniture complimenting the wooden theme. The silk and woolen rugs and linen adorning the rooms are kept spic and span and the food served is scrumptious.
Price: Starts INR 2,400 per night
Location: Lake Road,Nagin Lake, Lal Bazar, opp. Nagin Club, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190011
5.New Bul Bul Group of Houseboats: Carved out of cedar wood with intricate wood paneling, this houseboat in Kashmir is just 0.6 miles from the Srinagar City Center and offers outstanding vistas of the Zabarwan mountain ranges. All the rooms of the houseboat have private balconies and bathrooms with hot water showers. The restaurant here serves North Indian and international cuisines. The houseboat also offers various packages for the tourists at attractive prices.
Laundry and iron
Tea.coffee maker in all rooms
Price: Starts INR 2,000 per night
Location: Boulevard Road Ghat #7, Dal Lake, Srinagar, Kashmir 190001
6.Butterfly Group Of Houseboats: Located on the bank of Nagin lake, this houseboat in kashmir features 18 guest rooms that are loaded with all desired amenities. The house boat is located very close to all the major tourists like Hazratbal Mosque, Dal Lake, Shankaracharya Temple, and Shalimar Bagh making sightseeing trips very easy from here. In the evenings, the views of the lake and the scenery around from the sitting area at the entrance of the houseboat is simply amazing.
Price: Starts INR 3,100 per night
Location: Nagin Lake, Lake Rd, Mirza Bagh, Sudribal, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190006
7.Young Bombay Group Of Houseboats: Young Bombay Group Of Houseboats have a fleet of extravagant houseboats that feature superior Lake View rooms with hand-made roof and hand-cut cedar framed dividers. The rooms are adorned with magnificent Victorian furniture and look chic and rich. The rooftop of this houseboat in Kashmir is a sun-deck finish with hanging armchairs to revel in the scenery around.
Doctor on call
Paid shuttle service
Special diet meals
Price: Starts INR 2,000 per night
Location: Gate 9, Boulevard Road, Dal Lake, Opp New Park Hotel, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190001
8. Swan Group of Houseboats: Nestled close to the Shankaracharya Reserved Forests and Nehru Park, Swan houseboat in Kashmir claims to be super deluxe houseboat accommodation with exclusive amenities and royal interiors like lounge, wall-to-wall carpets, and heating and cooling systems. The rooms are super spacious and have private bathrooms. The houseboat also arranges for various day trips and activities like fishing in Pahalgam and trekking in Sonamarg on request.
Unlimited Shikara Crossings
Airport Pick and Drop
24 hours hot and cold running water
Individual heating and cooling systems
Price: Starts INR 3,800 per night
Location: Ghat No 12, Golden Dal Lake, Boulevard Rd, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190001
9. Zaffer Group of Houseboats: This is a family owned business that has gained a huge tourist fan base by its unparalleled service, out-of-the-world hospitality, and innovative kitchen ideas. The rooms are air-conditioned and are decked with ceiling to floor black out curtains that offer utmost luxury and privacy. The chefs at the kitchen here are known for their curated renditions of serving like the traditional Kashmiri wazwan, a local speciality.
Price: Starts INR 2,800 per night
Location: Nigeen Lake, Opp. Nigeen Club (Cherry Park), Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190006
10. Mughal Sheraton Group Of Houseboats: With more than 30 years of mooring over the Dal Lake, this Kashmir shikara houseboat redefines luxury with its spacious Mughal Executive rooms and opulent Mughal Suite rooms. The rooms look lavish with intricate carved wooden paneling, detailed chandeliers, carpet floors, and colonial styled furniture. The bathrooms attached to the rooms have all urban amenities like bathtub, jacuzzi, and body and hair dryers.
Price: Starts INR 8,000 per night
Location: Golden Dal Lake, Ghat, No 9, Boulevard Rd, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190001
11.Shalimar Group of Houseboats: Engulfed by the beautiful mountains, this Kashmir shikara houseboat on the Nigeen Lake features Super Deluxe Room, Deluxe Rooms, and Standard Rooms that have a homely ambiance. The lounge area at the houseboat is the perfect place to relax and enjoy Nature's beauty. There is also a small kitchenette here where you could cook your favourite food!
Doctor on Call
24 hours room service
Price: Starts INR 2,800 per night
Location: Nagin lake, Opposite Ashai Bagh Bridge, Srinagar 190006, India
12. Royal Dandoo Palace Group of Houseboats: Serving guests since 1960, this Kashmir shikara houseboat is moored on the calm waters of the Dal lake. Tha houseboat has spacious bedrooms and a huge verandah. The wooden interiors and the brightly lit chandeliers promise an pleasurable stay. The restaurant here serves delicious Indian, Continental, Chinese, Tandoori, and Kashmiri food.
Laundry and Dry cleaning services
Apartment Style, Hut, & Double Rooms
Intercom in rooms
Complete heating facilities in winter
Price: Starts INR 1,600 per night
Location: Nehru Park Ghat No 17 Dal Lake Srinagar Jammu and Kashmir, 190001
13.Kashmir Group Of Houseboats: Located on the westside of the Nageen lake, this houseboat has comfortable rooms with all basic amenities. The hospitality of the staff is exceptional and the food is scrumptious. Promising complete value for money, the staff at the houseboat also help you arrange for local sightseeing trips.
Price: Starts INR 4,600 per night
Location: Nigeen Lake, Nagin Bagh, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190006
14. Shelter Group Of Houseboats: Located in the posh area of Lal Mandi where many politicians reside, Shelter Group Of Houseboats is just a 5 minutes walking distance from the city centre. The houseboat offers modest rooms at very attractive tariffs. The rooms are airy and tidy and the food served is home cooked. The main plus point here is the friendly atmosphere that the owner of the houseboat creates for his guests.
High speed Wi-Fi
Price: Starts INR 2,000 per night
Location: Lal Mandi Footbridge, near SPS Museum, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190001
15 .Naaz Kashmir: A magnificent houseboat on the edge of the elegant Nigeen Lake, the entire interiors are carved from the wood by the finest craftsmen. The houseboat is surrounded by rich flora and fauna and you can be ascertained of waking up to the best views of Srinagar every single day here. The chefs here serve the best of Indian and Mughalai dishes which makes guests drool.
Fruit basket everyday
Central heating and cooling system
Barbeque on request
Music system in living room
Price: Starts INR 9,000 per night
Location: Saderbal, Nigeen Lake, Sudribal, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190006
Which are the best luxurious houseboats in Kashmir?
1. Butt’s Clermont Houseboats: Situated at the western shores of Dal Lake, the Butt's Clermont Houseboats is a treat in itself. Sporting a comfortable and cozy suite, the houseboats are recognized for offering a view overlooking the 400 years old Mughal Garden, Naseem Bagh.
2. WelcomHeritage Gurkha Houseboats: The houseboat is the perfect way to spend time amidst the lap of nature and experience nature upfront. The luxury houseboat has all the modern amenities in place with free internet, airport transportation, and more.
3. Mascot Houseboats: Enjoy the weather of the hills with a night of barbeque. Mascot Houseboats is moored near the iconic Nigeen Lake that lets you enjoy bird watching from the balcony while sipping on a hot cup of local tea.
4. New Jacquline Heritage Houseboats: Nestled quietly on the Nigeen lake, the houseboat offers a picturesque view of the surroundings. With well-heated luxurious rooms, the rooms feature a private balcony coupled with unmatched hospitality.
5. Royal Dandoo Palace Group of Houseboats: Beautiful wood-paneled houses, cozy fireplace, and exquisite handicrafts define the luxury of the houseboat like no other. With the owners arranging bird watching tours and picnics, the houseboats are a perfect idyllic retreat.
Which are the best houseboats in Kashmir for couples?
1. Mughal Sheraton: With the perfect blend of quaint accommodation and a great view, Mughal Sheraton is a paradise for couples.
2. Butt’s Clermont Houseboats: The houseboat is recognized mainly for its breathtaking location and cozy suits, making it an ideal retreat for sparking romance in the air.
3. Lighthouse Group of Houseboats: Experience the richness of the local Kashmiri dishes while spending a romantic evening ride in a shikhara. The houseboat lets you enjoy the warm hospitality while allowing you to witness the breathtaking beauty of the surroundings.
4. Young Bombay Group of Houseboats: For the traditional couples out there, you can now experience Kashmir in luxurious clean rooms, delicious local cuisine, and witness the exquisite beauty with your loved one.
5. New Jacquiline houseboats: Located opposite the Nigeen club, the new Jacquline Houseboats invites couples to explore the laid-back retreat and ditch the hustle-bustle of city life.
Which are the famous houseboats in Kashmir Dal Lake?
1. Royal Group of Houseboats: The Royal Group of Houseboats makes way for being one of the most popular houseboats in Kashmir; it offers exceptional accommodation with a dedicated crew, great views, and hospitality.
2. Savoy Group of Houseboats: This is another popular attraction in Kashmir; the Savoy Group of Houseboats is a soothing retreat. Their houseboats are well maintained and equipped with all the modern amenities.
3. Naaz Kashmir: It is deemed one of the most luxurious houseboats, letting its visitors wake up to a dreamy morning to witness the sprawling beauty. Offering bicycles for rent, travel books, and many other facilities make it a popular attraction among all.
4. Butterfly group of houseboats: This 5 start properly is well equipped to make your holiday a meaningful one. Offering an extensive range of recreational facilities, the houseboats are preferred mainly by all.
5. Kashmir Group of Houseboats: Intending to uphold Kashmir tourism, the Kashmir Group of Houseboats offers a perfect recreational stay at an affordable price, making it vastly popular.
Which are the best houseboats on Nigeen Lake, Kashmir?
1. New Jacquiline Houseboats: Situated right opposite the Nigeen club and towards the western end of the lake, this famous houseboat boasts a quiet environment for a laid-back retreat.
2. Peacock houseboats: This ancient elegant houseboat with its fancy interiors and unparalleled service is vouched to be one of the most preferred stays at Nigeen Lake.
3: New Golden Flower Heritage: Adorning a beautiful aesthetic beauty, the houseboat is loaded with modern facilities making it an unmatchable experience.
4. Butterfly Group of Hotels: The 5-star luxury stay is here to make your holiday largely momentous. With offering 5-star amenities on a lake, the houseboat is largely recognized for being extraordinary.
5. Naaz Kashmir: A stay at the luxurious houseboat is bound to bring all your dreams to come true. Its modern amenities such as bicycle on rent, library, and wifi perfectly complement its classy charming interiors.
What is the best time to visit Kashmir?
The best time to visit Paradise on Earth is between the months of March and October. This is when Kashmir is at its most beautiful self, with green alpine meadows and beautiful flowers decorating the city with its touch.
However, it is also important to note that this is also the time when the tourist influx is at its peak and hence can be a bit too crowded. Additionally, this is also when Kashmir experiences its peak tourist season, which primarily impacts the hotel and flight rates.
You can opt to travel to Kashmir at any point of the year, keeping the weather in mind. Although there is no specific month that can be considered ideal, it is a visual treat all year round. Irrespective of the season you opt for, you are likely to experience a memorable time. Make sure you have all warm clothes packed to keep you warm during the holiday.
What facilities will I get in houseboats in Kashmir?
-Latest modern mattresses
-Attached bath with advanced modern sanitation
You can also enjoy additional facilities such as
-High-speed internet facilities
-Airport transport arrangements
What is the approx cost for houseboats in Kashmir?
The approximate cost of houseboats in Kashmir starts from a minimum of INR 2000 per night and can rise up to 20,000 INR per night. The variation in prices is mainly due to the quality of the houseboat, the rooms, the views, and the services offered. With a significant variation in prices, it has something for everybody.