Paragliding in Himachal1. Bir Billing
2. Solang Valley
People Also Ask About Paragliding in Himachal Pradesh
Which are the best places for paragliding in Himachal?1. Bir Billing: Bir Billing is one of the best sites for paragliding in Himachal Pradesh. Here, the take-off point from where you will start the rush is located at the height of 8200 ft above sea level. At such a height, jumping off the cliff and then opening the parachute for floating in the air is a lifetime experience. You can clearly see the panoramic beauty of the Dhauladhar ranges covered with snow, the wide and lush green covered fields towards the foothills of the mountains, and the several streams and rivers flowing through the canyons.
Location: Bir Colony, Bir, Himachal PradeshPrice: INR 2000 per head (approx.)Timing: 9:30 AM to 4 PM
2. Solang Valley: Another amazing spot for paragliding in the Himachal is Solang Valley. In recent times, this valley has become a hotspot for paragliding where you will definitely have a lifetime experience. Here, you can take off from two points situated at two different heights. If you want to take-off from the higher spot, you will need a gondola to reach there. Regardless of where you are taking off for paragliding, you will be able to marvel at the entire Solang Valley along with the river flowing nearby.
Location: 14 kms from Manali, Himachal PradeshTiming: 9AM to 4PMPrice: INR 1600 per person (approx.)3. Khajjiar: Since Khajjiar is an offbeat location, it should be there on your list if you want to experience the majestic views of the snow-capped mountains. Paragliding in Himachal Pradesh is itself quite breathtaking. And when it comes to Khajjiar, the sensations become more intense.
With a backdrop of the Kailash ranges and the lower Himalayan terraced green fields, the view is simply majestic. Also, since Khajjar is located at quite a height, you can feel the rush of the chilly air even during the summer season.
Location: Dalhousie, Himachal PradeshTiming: 9 AM to 5 PMPrice: INR 3000 (approx.)
4. Dalhousie: Dalhousie is one of the amazing places where you can opt for paragliding in Himachal Pradesh. Dalhousie is a small town, sitting hidden amidst the huge mountain ranges. Even though it doesn’t offer numerous sight scenes, you can have a lifetime experience by flying from a height of 5000 feet in the air.You can catch glimpses of both the Dhauladhar Ranges and the Kailash Mountain. Besides, you will be able to glide through the narrow mountain passes, trailing above the small rivulets flowing underneath through the canyons. Paragliding is done only under the supervision of experts, and hence, there is nothing to worry about.
Location: Manali, Himachal PradeshPrice: INR 2500 (approx.)Timing: 10AM to 4 PM
5. Manali: The next best spot for paragliding in Himachal Pradesh is Manali. Even though it's quite a populous town with a large Tibetan market and several temples, you wouldn’t get tired of the adventure level this town has. And, one of the most nerve-wrecking, thrilling activities you can do is paragliding.Dhobi is the main take-off point, and it’s located at 8000 feet above sea level. While you will be in the air, you will have the chance to marvel at five colossal mountain peaks in the Middle Himalayan Range. Besides, you can also enjoy the green-clad Kullu valley and watch the Beas River as it winds around the foothills.
Location: Dhobi Fly Point, Himachal PradeshCost: INR 3000 (approx.)Timing: 9 AM to 4 PM
6. Kullu: Gliding in the air at the height of 6300 feet above sea level is an unforgettable experience that Kullu has to offer. With your heart racing a million times per minute and adrenaline pumping through your veins, you are going to enjoy paragliding in Himachal Pradesh from Kullu valley the most. While you will be in the air, you can catch some of the exquisite views of the Pir Panjal range, the Pong Dam, the lush Green Kullu Valley, the Friendship Himalayan Ranges, and the Dhauladhar Range.Apart from these places, you can also catch a glimpse of the wide Solang valley and the town of Manali. Ten minutes will be allocated for you to remain in the air, after which you will have to land on the ground in Solang Valley.Location: Gulaba, Kullu Valley, Himachal PradeshTiming: 11 AM to 6 PMPrice: INR 3000 (approx.)
What is the best time to visit Himachal for paragliding?If you want to enjoy paragliding in Himachal Pradesh to the fullest without any restriction or cancellation issues, the best time will be the summer season. March to June seems to be the perfect time for an exclusive Himachal paragliding tour. On the other hand, if you want to discover the winter beauty of the state, September to December is the perfect time for paragliding.
What is the approx cost for paragliding in Bir?Usually, paragliding in Himachal costs between INR 1500 to INR 4000. It depends on the location, the terrain's difficulty, and the area to be covered in the air. Since Bir is one of the most popular sites, the usual cost is around INR 1800 per person. However, these charges are subjected to change over time.
What to wear while going paragliding?Your overall attire will play a very important role in paragliding in Himachal Pradesh as heavy layers will add more weight. So, put on light layered clothes with a wind protector in front. Ensure your dress is such that no hindrance is caused during the loading or unloading of gear from your torso.
Is there any weight limitation for paragliding?Yes, indeed, there is a weight limit when it comes to paragliding in Himachal Pradesh. Usually, the weight limit ranges from 80 kilograms to 95 kilograms per gear used at the activity club. Stronger gears can even handle a weight of up to 105 kilograms. So when you calculate the weight, it will include your body mass and the weight of the apparel you are wearing.
Is there any age limit for paragliding in Himachal?Age limit is applicable in almost all the spots for paragliding in Himachal. For example, for Manali, any person above 14 years can try the activity, while in Bir Billing, the age limit is kept between 16 to 45 years. Also, remember that sometimes, paragliding in the Himachal cost will depend on the age group.
What are the important things to remember while going paragliding?- Always heed the instructions given by the professional.- Do not open the parachute while still being on the ground.- Use the airflow to glide across.
- Be prepared to feel the immediate hit of the air after you jump.- Wear light but warm clothes with less complicated designs.- Sneakers or boots should be worn to avoid slipping.
If you are planning a trip to the picturesque valleys near Kullu and Manali, Rohtang Pass must be on your itinerary. The popular vistas point is well known for its unparalleled natural beauty and is one of the most essential attraction points in the region. The pass is located just 50 km away from the main town, and is easily accessible by road. One of the major attractions of Rohtang La is that it is one of the highest passes in the Himalayas. Located at a staggering height of 3978 meters above sea level, the pass offers some of the most pristine views of the Himalayas you will ever get to sea.As your car climbs on the Manali-Keylong road on your way to Rohtang La, you will see a dramatic change in the scenery around you, and the stunning landscape will leave you breathless. In fact, the mesmerizing beauty of the route and the pass is so spectacular that it has been featured in many Bollywood blockbusters ranging from Jab We Met to Yeh Jawani Hai Diwani.For people who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and curl up with a cup of tea in the middle of unparalleled natural splendor, Rohtang La offers one of the best options. As your car climbs up the road, the weather will get colder and you won’t be able to help but admire the chilling and dramatic beauty of this place. Clear blue skies, fluffy snow-covered mountain peaks, and sprawling landscapes – who can resist such natural wonders? The otherworldly and spectacular Rohtang La pass needs to be seen to be believed.
Apart from Khardung La or Baralacha La, Ladakh has numerous other passes at great heights which stand as Ladakh’s pride for centuries now. The glitters of other passes may be diminished by Khardung La mainly but all the other passes are equally important. Lachulung La is a single example. The elevation of this pass is 5059 meters above sea level which is considered to be a dangerously exciting height for any pass after Khardung La. Lachulung La is on the border of Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir. Also, it separates the valleys of Tsarap Chu and Tozay. If you take Leh-Manali highway, you will be able to cross this pass that has other names such as Lachalung La, Lungalacha La etc. A fact that to be remembered before you head to visit this pass is, it is open only for four and a half months during summer. Any traveler should be prepared not to fall sick during the conquering of Lachulung La because its geographic status, the height, the rugged pathways and the remote villages it goes through may cause dramatic influence on your body. Being one of the most adventurous passes in Ladakh, Lachulung is a favorite stop avid adventure lovers. Also, the surroundings are quite fictional as the towering Himalayan passes and the nature lying in correspondence to them are creating soothing visuals. Trekkers should be very careful while climbing the altitude up as altitude sickness is assured at the top and keep hydrated to maintain your body conditions with respect to the climate. But the descent is smooth and easy so that you will feel overjoyed till the end.Height: 5059 metersBest time to visit: May to October How to reach: Take Leh-Manali highway, from Sarchu 54 KM and from Pang, 24 KM
As important as the other major passes in Jammu and Kashmir, Nakee La situated at an elevation of 4769 meters above the sea level is a potent competition to Khardung La and similar ones in terms of adventure. On the Leh-Manali Highway, from Manali to Taglang La is Nakee La and it is the third pass among the five passes that to be crossed during the travel from Manali to Leh. The previous travelers shared the experience of driving down the pass was quite dramatic; the expert drivers also find it challenging to steer past the uneven, rugged and off-road paths. But the traversing time would be filled with excitement and thrill if you really love adventure at its level best. The frequent sections of ice are another impediment during the journey as well as avalanche, heavy snowfalls etc can be expected anytime making the process of crossing the pass difficult. The climate is very dry over here and the harsh cold conditions make the pass a challenge to overcome for many. 21 Gata loops is a repeatedly heard word during the tour of Leh and the ascent to Nakee La is known in the special name. One have to overcome the 23 km ascent that starts from 4250 meters to 4980 meters conquering the 21 tricky hairpin bends. There is also a rumor you can hear about the pass is that the pass is haunted by a ghost of a tourist who was buried here.Height: Nakee La is located at an elevation of 4769 meters above the sea level.Location: Nakee La is located on the famous Leh-Manali National Highway. While you travel from Manali to Leh, you would come across Nakee La.Best time to go: The summer is the best time to visit Nakee La since during winter there would be heavy snowfall and landslide.