Are you looking for the best homestay in Himachal Pradesh that guarantees you a totally regenerative and sustainably-minded break? If yes, there are many homestays in Himachal, where you can enjoy the breathtaking views of the Himalayas right from your room and form a lasting relationship with nature. Our Place Himalayas homestay is one such staycation option where you can break free from the city woes and reclaim your inner solitude.
If you're looking for the best Himachal Pradesh Homestays for a family-friendly vacation, you can book your stay at Snow Valley Resorts that has a mini gym and a playground for refreshment and relaxation. Ashirwad Homestay is also a popular staycation surrounded by dense cedar and pine woodlands, perfect for city-weary souls. Surrounded by jungles and hills, Vatsalyam Homestay is a mix of contemporary décor and traditional architecture and gives you the feeling of living in a colonial mansion.
Birds n Chirps Homestay and Jamwal Villa Homestay are the most luxurious homestays in Himachal, where you can savor tasty homemade food in a peaceful environment and play various indoor games. So, plan your stay at these amazing homestays and feel the crisp breeze, verdant greenery, and wildflowers, and chirping birds replenishing your soul.
People Also Ask About Homestays in Himachal Pradesh
Which are the best Homestays in Himachal Pradesh?
1. Sanjiv's Aira Holme Retreat Homestay: This is a colonial-style heritage bungalow nestled amidst the deodar trees overlooking the Himalayan ranges. It gives you the feeling of living in a colonial mansion with beautiful decorations, a fireplace, and exquisite furniture. The chic two-bedroom home has been crafted from English oak, pinewood, and Burma teak and is kitted out with customized furniture and Scandinavian lights. You can laze around in the landscaped gardens, read your favorite book in the cozy attic or whip up delicious treats in the fully furnished kitchenette.
Location: Sanjiv’s Aira Holme Retreat, Chotta Shimla, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh 171009
Price: Approx Rs 3500
2. Our Place Himalayas Homestay: Escape the frantic city life and bask into the lap of nature by booking your stay at Our Place Himalayas homestay that offers you a quintessential mountain experience. A vast expanse of lush green hills glimmers in the foreground, making this homestay a dreamy paradise. It offers various accommodation options such as the Rose Cottage, the Santa Roza Cottage, or the Kiwi Cottage that come with a drawing-room, fully-equipped kitchen, dining room, and private sun deck. They've set up many green initiatives like solar power and rainwater harvesting to preserve the environment.
Location: A. Kay. Orchards Kullu, Raison, Manali Tehsil 175128 India
Price: Approx Rs 4,444
3. Birds n Chirps Homestay: Overlooking the Valley of the Plains in the South and the Pir Panjal Ranges in the North, BirdsnChirps homestay is a heavenly gateway for the visitors. It features a Glass House room, from where you can enjoy breathtaking views during the day and gaze at the stars at night. It is the best homestay in Himachal Pradesh, with Deluxe AC rooms and Standard suites with a fireplace and a sitting area. You can play a game of pool, snuggle around the bonfire and savor a home-cooked delicious Himachali meal. From white water rafting to angling and hiking, there's never a dull moment for the adventurous enthusiasts living in this homestay.
Location: Panchpulla, Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh 176304, Dalhousie, Dalhousie, 176304
Price: Approx Rs 7500
4. Jamwal Villa Homestay: Set against the beautiful backdrop of the Shivalik Hills and Dhauladhar range, Jamwal Villa Homestay is an ideal escape for nature lovers. It is one of the most premium Himachal Pradesh Homestays surrounded by apple orchards, lush green valleys, and rolling hills. It is run by a Jamwal family who conceptualizes tailor-made experiences for the guests with clean and comfortable rooms and tasty home-cooked food. The homestay is wood-paneled and has mud-plastered walls resembling a traditional Himachali home. Detox with the help of Ayurvedic consultations and herbal teas, or sweat it out on the basketball courts.
Location: Village Kuranh VPO Mehla, Chamba 176311 India
Price: Approx Rs 2787
5. Vatsalyam Homestay: If you want to exchange the scrambling and constant stress of city life with a slow-paced pastoral life, Vatsalyam Homestay should be your ideal staycation option. This is the best homestay in Himachal Pradesh, set amidst a step farm where herds of sheep and goats can be seen grazing. It has spacious rooms with vintage furniture, beautiful décor, breathtaking interiors, and tons of modern amenities. Enjoy your tea in the garden while sitting comfortably on the wooden logs with beautiful flowers and fruit trees and experience the real taste of Himachali food in the dining area on the terrace.
Location: Vatsalyam, Ragyan, Lower Dudhli, PO Bharari, 171001 Shimla, India
Price: Approx Rs 3102
6. Wilderness Home: This is a boutique property situated at one of the prime locations in the Jibhi village in the Kullu District. It is spread over two acres of lush green landscapes and is a refuge of serenity and peace. Known to be the best Homestay in Himachal Pradesh, Wilderness Home has a private spring water garden Pond where you can take a refreshing dip. The two-level homestay has a sit-out, a drawing-room, three bedrooms with bathrooms, and a dining hall, with nearly every space offering breathtaking views of the surrounding rolling hills and verdant forests. The host organizes various activities for the guests, such as sightseeing, trekking, and farm tours.
Location: Sainj - Ani - Banjar - Aut Rd Kullu, Jibhi 175123 India
Price: Approx Rs 4500
7. Himalayan retreat Homestay: Located on Palampur-Dharamshala-Mcleodganj road, Himalayan retreat homestay takes you away from the clammer and chaos of city life. It is the best Homestay in Himachal Pradesh, where you can spend your entire day luxuriating in the breathtaking views from your cottage. Lined up with weapons, family portraits, and hunting trophies, the homestay transports you to an era bygone. You can also enjoy various activities, such as trekking, fishing excursion, and organic farm tours.
Location: Chimbalhar , Palampur, 176061
Price: Approx Rs 3600
8. The Mirage Homestay: Set amongst dense foliage and lush green hills in the artist's colony of Andretta, The Mirage homestay is a nature's paradise and an artist's dreamscape. It is a traditional Himachali mud house and a veritable museum of handpicked artifacts and Indian furniture. The homestay is a multi-function residency hosting yoga groups, travelers, and artist/acting workshops. It is one of the best Himachal Pradesh Homestays for art lovers as you'll find here art collections and paintings from different parts of the world. It has three double bedrooms, two single rooms, and three bathrooms with a balcony and a terrace.
Location: Near Andretta Pottery, State Highway 17, Andretta, 176103 P?lampur, India
Price: Approx Rs 5200
9. Santila, Countryside Homestay: Situated amidst the oak and pine forests in the idyllic Himalayan countryside, Santila, Countryside Homestay, is nature's retreat. It features a daybed, a huge collection of books, a fully stocked kitchen where you can whip up a meal, and a satellite TV for watching movies. The rooms have been designed with the perfect mix of Himachali-Anglo architecture and have stunning interiors. You can enjoy a picnic on the manicured lawn or sample local cuisines in the in-house restaurant.
Location: kaccha village Road, Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh
Price: Approx Rs 3300
10. Ashirwad Homestay: This is a quintessential mountain retreat surrounded by dense cedar and pine woodlands, perfect for city-weary souls. It is the best Homestay in Himachal Pradesh, with swanky furniture, warm wooden interiors, and brick walls. You can pick plums and apples from the gardens, rejuvenate your body and mind with a session of yoga, or request your host to arrange for a fishing or trekking excursion close by. It is easily accessible from the Manali town and airport, NH, and is well-connected to the city center.
Location: Bijli Mahadev Road, Village Devdhar
Price: Approx Rs 1635
What are the best homestays in Himachal for families?
1. Jamwal Villa Homestay: Offering a scenic getaway from the bustle of city life, Jamwal Villa seeks to provide a home away from a home. With its spacious and well-furnished rooms, the guests’ comfort is a top priority here. Jamwal also offers fun activities for children, including both indoor and outdoor game facilities.
2. Birds n Chirps Homestay: A homely, and well-furnished lodging, Birds n Chirps Homestay offers a modest stay in the lap of nature. The rooms offered are spacious and clean. It is also one of the few homestays in this region that allow pets.
3. Vatsalyam Homestay: With its homely atmosphere, terrace lounge, and surrounding lawn, Vatsalyam Homestay offers a perfect abode for holidaying families. Vatsyalam prides in its use of clean energy, including using solar panels to heat its waters or harvesting rainwater for gardening purposes.
4. Zostel Homes Mashobra: Tucked away amidst apple orchards and lush pine forests, Zostel Homes offers a cozy stone-wood cottage, ideal for family stay. The well-furnished rooms are fitted with a personal balcony, offering stunning views of the mountains.
Which are the best luxury homestays in Himachal Pradesh?
1. Shuru Homestay: Surrounded by orange orchards and tucked away in a picturesque village, Shuru homestay offers guests a pragmatic stay experience. It is the best homestay in Himachal Pradesh that features in-room dining setups, an outdoor café, and an indoor dining space where you can enjoy authentic Himachali delicacies. The barbecue and bonfire area in the backyard is the perfect place to party with your family and friends.
2. Bhandal Homestay: Reconnect with nature by booking your stay at this exquisite homestay situated in the Bhandal Valley of Chamba district. The homestay has spacious rooms with high ceilings, wooden flooring, and long corridors. You can enjoy here Farm to Table home-cooked meals prepared by chefs using organic fruits and vegetables grown within the property.
3. The Mirage, Andretta: This is the most luxurious homestay in Himachal Pradesh that doubles up as a yoga retreat, an artist's residency, and a pottery studio. It is situated at the foothills of the Dhauladhar range and has cozy mud cottages with breathtaking interiors, silk linen, high ceilings, and beautiful décor.
4. Kais Homestay: Located amidst the plum orchards and rice fields, Kais Homestay is a nature's retreat where you can seek solitude and eternal bliss. It is the best homestay in Himachal Pradesh that features airy rooms with a seating area, a king-size bed, an attached bathroom, and a balcony. You can enjoy here activities like board games, book reading, hiking, cycling, and organic farming.
Which are the best homestays in Kasol?
1. HillCrest Kasol: If you wish to enjoy the charm of mountains and get one step closer to nature, you should book your stay at HillCrest Kasol. Spread over acres of pine forest and green grassland, this homestay is a nature's paradise with tons of modern amenities. It has an in-house restaurant where you can enjoy authentic local cuisines.
2. Padma Guest House: Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the chaotic environment of the city life Padma Guest House is a serene gateway for the visitors. It is one of the best homestays in Himachal that features a common room, a library, a seating area, a recording room, and a terrace. You can sunbathe in the verandah, take a rejuvenating walk in the garden and cook delicious food in the kitchenette.
3. Moksha Riverside Cottage: Overlooking the Parvati river and surrounded by pine and deodar trees, Moksha Riverside Cottage is one of the best homestays in Himachal. It has cozy cottages with rustic furniture, modern interiors, breathtaking amenities, and traditional Himachali décor.
4. Pink House Café: If you wish to know about the Himachali culture, appreciate picturesque views and live like a local, you should definitely book your stay at Pink House Café. Surrounded by green pastures, valleys, and breathtaking mountains, it is renowned for its beautiful settings, warm hospitality, and delicious food.
Which are the best Homestays in Dalhousie?
1. Tilsharit Greens – Pine Cottage: Surrounded by a thick forest reserve of rhododendron and pine trees, Tilsharit Greens – Pine Cottage is an ideal gateway for those looking to seek refuge in the lap of nature. It is the best homestay in Himachal Pradesh that features wooden rooms and balconies that give you a panoramic view of the lush greenery and beautiful valleys.
2. Mid Conifer Log Huts: If you're looking for one of the most luxurious homestays in Himachal Pradesh, you should book your stay at Mid Conifer Log Huts that offers the perfect combination of age-old charm and modern amenities. It is situated in a nature reserve, so you can hear the roaring of animals at night.
3. Shant Kuti: If you're looking for a peaceful abode where you can enjoy picturesque views and get close to nature, Shant Kuti should be your ideal option. It offers three spacious bedrooms with private bathrooms and a seating area. From the terrace of this homestay, you can have a 180-degree view of the Piranjal range.
4. Iris Cottage Dalhousie: It is a British-era ancestral property built by the European government that takes you into the bygone era with its antique décor. It has fully furnished cottages with a large lobby, attached bathroom, and balcony.
Which are the best Homestays in Manali?
1. Relax By The Riverside: This is one of the best luxury homestays in Himachal Pradesh, hosted by a loving family with an army background who take care of even the minutest needs of their guests. It offers three accommodation options, ranging from luxurious to deluxe and basic rooms.
2. Pir Panjal Cottage: Housed in an apple orchard overlooking the Pir Panjal range, Pir Panjal Cottage is a serene gateway that offers breathtaking views of dense Pine forests, snow-covered peaks, and waterfalls originating from glaciers. It has two guest bedrooms featuring a porch, hot baths, and wifi.
3. Pause Homestay: This is one of the best Himachal Pradesh Homestays that offers the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. The hosts stay on the ground floor, and the upper two floors are specifically reserved for guests.
4. Malhaar Homestay: Overlooking the apple orchards and the snow-capped Himalayas, Malhaar Homestay is a nature's haven. It offers various amenities such as free parking, television, wifi, a garden, and a terrace. The homestay also features a restaurant where you can enjoy authentic local delicacies.
Which are the best Homestays in Shimla?
1. Snow Valley Resorts: This is a picturesque hideaway surrounded by lush green pinewood forests and breathtaking snow-capped mountains. Each room is air-conditioned and has a seating area and flat-screen TV, attached bathroom, and free toiletries. It also has a playground and a mini gym for the refreshment and relaxation of the guests.
2. Kavya Homestay: Situated within seven kilometers from The Mall Road, Kavya Homestay offers the perfect combination of modern comforts and age-old charm. It features a manicured garden, a 24-hour front desk, and a terrace. You can also enjoy here activities such as board games, indoor activities, fishing, farming, and cycling.
3. Saffron Stays Norwood Cottage: If you wish to have a calm and relaxing vacation, you should book your stay at Saffron Stays Norwood Cottage that is a scenic hideaway for visitors. It has four bedrooms, a kitchen, a private bathroom, a seating area, and a flat-screen TV. The homestay also has a playground where the kids can play fun games.
4. Him Valley Homestay: Soak in the magic of nature by booking your stay at Him Valley Homestay that is a nature's hamlet. With never ending views of the pine forests and Himalayas, you will be able to build a lasting relationship with nature while relishing your stay here. The homestay has been crafted from English oak and Burma Teak.
What facilities will be provided at Homestays in Himachal Pradesh?
- 24-hour help desk
- Mini gym
- Parking area
- Tea/coffee making machine
- Power backup
- Room service
- Laundry service
- Travel assistance
- Rental facility
What is Himachal Pradesh famous for?
Himachal Pradesh is a north Indian state in the mighty Himalayas. The state is famous for the mountains and its iconic landscapes. It is a hub of many adventure activities and tourists from all over flock here especially in the summer months because of the pleasant climate.
Some fascinating places that Himachal is famous for include:
Bhagsunag Temple: This is an ancient temple dedicated to Shiva.
Kasauli: Located at an elevation of nineteen hundred meters lies this small colonial town.
Dharamshala: Surrounded by snow-capped peaks of Dhauladhar mountains, Dharamshala brims with architectural and cultural attractions.
Spiti Valley: This is a remote village situated in the cold desert mountains.
Manali: This is a picture-perfect hill station that draws thousands of tourists every year.
What is the best time to visit Himachal Pradesh?
October to February is the best time to visit Himachal Pradesh as you can encounter snowfall during this time of the year and enjoy activities like ice-skating and skiing.
If you are planning a trip to the picturesque valleys near Kullu and Manali, Rohtang Pass must be on your itinerary. The popular vistas point is well known for its unparalleled natural beauty and is one of the most essential attraction points in the region. The pass is located just 50 km away from the main town, and is easily accessible by road. One of the major attractions of Rohtang La is that it is one of the highest passes in the Himalayas. Located at a staggering height of 3978 meters above sea level, the pass offers some of the most pristine views of the Himalayas you will ever get to sea.As your car climbs on the Manali-Keylong road on your way to Rohtang La, you will see a dramatic change in the scenery around you, and the stunning landscape will leave you breathless. In fact, the mesmerizing beauty of the route and the pass is so spectacular that it has been featured in many Bollywood blockbusters ranging from Jab We Met to Yeh Jawani Hai Diwani.For people who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and curl up with a cup of tea in the middle of unparalleled natural splendor, Rohtang La offers one of the best options. As your car climbs up the road, the weather will get colder and you won’t be able to help but admire the chilling and dramatic beauty of this place. Clear blue skies, fluffy snow-covered mountain peaks, and sprawling landscapes – who can resist such natural wonders? The otherworldly and spectacular Rohtang La pass needs to be seen to be believed.
Apart from Khardung La or Baralacha La, Ladakh has numerous other passes at great heights which stand as Ladakh’s pride for centuries now. The glitters of other passes may be diminished by Khardung La mainly but all the other passes are equally important. Lachulung La is a single example. The elevation of this pass is 5059 meters above sea level which is considered to be a dangerously exciting height for any pass after Khardung La. Lachulung La is on the border of Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir. Also, it separates the valleys of Tsarap Chu and Tozay. If you take Leh-Manali highway, you will be able to cross this pass that has other names such as Lachalung La, Lungalacha La etc. A fact that to be remembered before you head to visit this pass is, it is open only for four and a half months during summer. Any traveler should be prepared not to fall sick during the conquering of Lachulung La because its geographic status, the height, the rugged pathways and the remote villages it goes through may cause dramatic influence on your body. Being one of the most adventurous passes in Ladakh, Lachulung is a favorite stop avid adventure lovers. Also, the surroundings are quite fictional as the towering Himalayan passes and the nature lying in correspondence to them are creating soothing visuals. Trekkers should be very careful while climbing the altitude up as altitude sickness is assured at the top and keep hydrated to maintain your body conditions with respect to the climate. But the descent is smooth and easy so that you will feel overjoyed till the end.Height: 5059 metersBest time to visit: May to October How to reach: Take Leh-Manali highway, from Sarchu 54 KM and from Pang, 24 KM
As important as the other major passes in Jammu and Kashmir, Nakee La situated at an elevation of 4769 meters above the sea level is a potent competition to Khardung La and similar ones in terms of adventure. On the Leh-Manali Highway, from Manali to Taglang La is Nakee La and it is the third pass among the five passes that to be crossed during the travel from Manali to Leh. The previous travelers shared the experience of driving down the pass was quite dramatic; the expert drivers also find it challenging to steer past the uneven, rugged and off-road paths. But the traversing time would be filled with excitement and thrill if you really love adventure at its level best. The frequent sections of ice are another impediment during the journey as well as avalanche, heavy snowfalls etc can be expected anytime making the process of crossing the pass difficult. The climate is very dry over here and the harsh cold conditions make the pass a challenge to overcome for many. 21 Gata loops is a repeatedly heard word during the tour of Leh and the ascent to Nakee La is known in the special name. One have to overcome the 23 km ascent that starts from 4250 meters to 4980 meters conquering the 21 tricky hairpin bends. There is also a rumor you can hear about the pass is that the pass is haunted by a ghost of a tourist who was buried here.Height: Nakee La is located at an elevation of 4769 meters above the sea level.Location: Nakee La is located on the famous Leh-Manali National Highway. While you travel from Manali to Leh, you would come across Nakee La.Best time to go: The summer is the best time to visit Nakee La since during winter there would be heavy snowfall and landslide.